evitar que las macros sean llamadas desde el menu "run macro" en excell

Hola a todos

perdonar por esta pregunta, supongo que es algo trivial pero no soy capaz a
dar con ello

lo que quiero hacer es evitar que las macros que tengo creadas en VBA sean
llamadas directamente. Tengo un monton de botones para ejecutarlas (y asi
evitar que los usuarios hagan de las sullas)

por si es util, el workbook se compone de :
- 6 hojas visiblas con botones que llaman diferentes macros
- 6 hojas invisible (veryhidden) con alguna macro que casualmente puede ser
llamada
- 1 hojas invisible que algunas veces ha demostrarse (mediante otra macro)
- 3 modulos con las macros "gordas", normalmente llamadas desde macros en
las hojas

- las macros son llamadas desde botones, doubles clicks, sigle clicks y
desde otras macros, y pueden ser llamadas desde distintos modulos/hojas

alguna idea ??

gracias por adelantado

0
m.a.r.l.a (17)
2/23/2006 9:27:01 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Solamente antepon la instrucci�n Private a cada uno de los encabezados de
tus macros.
De este modo el usuario no podr� verlas desde el 'run macro'

Por ejemplo si tu macro est� as�:

Sub MiMacro()
----
End Sub

Cambia el encabezado a

Private Sub MiMacro()
----
End Sub

Saludos!

".�:m�a�r�l�a:�." <m.a.r.l.a@iespana.es> escribi� en el mensaje
> Hola a todos
>
> perdonar por esta pregunta, supongo que es algo trivial pero no soy capaz
> dar con ello
>
> lo que quiero hacer es evitar que las macros que tengo creadas en VBA sean
> llamadas directamente. Tengo un monton de botones para ejecutarlas (y asi
> evitar que los usuarios hagan de las sullas)
>
> por si es util, el workbook se compone de :
> - 6 hojas visiblas con botones que llaman diferentes macros
> - 6 hojas invisible (veryhidden) con alguna macro que casualmente puede
> ser
> llamada
> - 1 hojas invisible que algunas veces ha demostrarse (mediante otra macro)
> - 3 modulos con las macros "gordas", normalmente llamadas desde macros en
> las hojas
>
> - las macros son llamadas desde botones, doubles clicks, sigle clicks y
> desde otras macros, y pueden ser llamadas desde distintos modulos/hojas
>
> alguna idea ??
>
> gracias por adelantado

0
m21477 (12)
2/23/2006 5:46:48 PM
gracias por la respuesta

pero "privatizandolas" no me dejaran de funcionar cuando llamo desde un
modulo a otro ?? o desde los botones en las hojas ??

pruebo ma�ana y ya comento

"Hernandez, Roberto" <m21477@ustccax.kcc.com> wrote in message
> Solamente antepon la instrucci�n Private a cada uno de los encabezados de
> tus macros.
> De este modo el usuario no podr� verlas desde el 'run macro'
>
> Por ejemplo si tu macro est� as�:
>
> Sub MiMacro()
> ----
> End Sub
>
> Cambia el encabezado a
>
> Private Sub MiMacro()
> ----
> End Sub
>

> Saludos!
>

> ".�:m�a�r�l�a:�." <m.a.r.l.a@iespana.es> escribi� en el mensaje
> > Hola a todos
> >
> > perdonar por esta pregunta, supongo que es algo trivial pero no soy
capaz
> > dar con ello
> >
> > lo que quiero hacer es evitar que las macros que tengo creadas en VBA
sean
> > llamadas directamente. Tengo un monton de botones para ejecutarlas (y
asi
> > evitar que los usuarios hagan de las sullas)
> >
> > por si es util, el workbook se compone de :
> > - 6 hojas visiblas con botones que llaman diferentes macros
> > - 6 hojas invisible (veryhidden) con alguna macro que casualmente puede
> > ser
> > llamada
> > - 1 hojas invisible que algunas veces ha demostrarse (mediante otra
macro)
> > - 3 modulos con las macros "gordas", normalmente llamadas desde macros
en
> > las hojas
> >
> > - las macros son llamadas desde botones, doubles clicks, sigle clicks y
> > desde otras macros, y pueden ser llamadas desde distintos modulos/hojas
> >
> > alguna idea ??
> >
> > gracias por adelantado

0
m.a.r.l.a (17)

Automatically run Macro
I Have a workbook which consist of 6 pages or sheets. The first 4 pages collect data by importing it from other areas such as website and other workbooks. the other 2 pages I created tables so I can cleanly filter the information. I recently figured out how to run a macro to sort data between a range, but I manually have to run the macro everytime the data gets updated. Is there way to automatically run a macro everytime the data changes? ...

How to run macro to shut down my PC?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code macro to shut down my PC? I have a list of code within macro to be run for 3 hours, I would like to add coding at the end of this macro to shut down my PC. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Here's one possible method: http://www.dreamincode.net/code/snippet90.htm HTH, (also) Eric "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code macro to shut down my PC? > I have a list of code within macro to be run for 3 hours, I would like to ...

Run macros automatically-AutoFit
I've used Jim Rech's autofit macro for merged cells. It works great. Thanks! Seems I have to use alt-f8 to run the macro and make the merged cells autofit everytime I make a change (add text). Is there a way to make it work automatically, perhaps so that the macro is "always running"? See my response in another newsgroup, Cindy. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Cindy B" <neverspam@charter.net> wrote in message news:744AF26A-A06B-4B5F-A37F-D222DE66A1E3@microsoft.com... > I've used Jim Rech's autofit macro for mer...

Run Macro follwing click on CommandButton Userform

Autorun macro #2
Hi, When I used Lotus a while ago, I remember (I think) being able to put a macro named "auto.123" into a workbook and it would run as soon as that workbook was opened... perhaps to open to a menu area of a sheet. Does Excel have anything like that? TIA Mike Hi name the macro Auto_Open() -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "MikeM" <vze28cci@verizon.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:vd7am09ttbt0eeil5kk9js3vjcm9crfcpk@4ax.com... > Hi, > > When I used Lotus a while ago, I remember (I think) being able to put > a macro named "auto.123" i...

Autorun macro by date
This is a repost as my one this morning doesn't appear to have saved, so ap;ologies if I end up raising the same question twice. I have a macro called 'Update_Me'which I would like to run automatically on the first of each month (when excel is opened, obviously). How do I go about this? Thanks in advance Steve Try something like: Sub Workbook_Open() Dim dToday As Date dToday = Now If Day(dToday) = 1 Then 'rest of code here End If End Sub --- Place this in ThisWorkbook module. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA "Steve" wrote: > This is a repost as my one this morni...

Not to run macro if row 1 selected
I need to run a macro to delete a row if any cell in that row is selected. However I do not want the macro to run if row 1 is selected. Seems simple but I can't get my head around it using IF THEN. I would be grateful for any help As ALWAYS, post your code for comments if activecell.row=1 then exit sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Joek" <Joek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7555C30A-5892-4024-A73E-0AC38BE045E4@microsoft.com... >I need to run a macro to delete a row if any cell i...

Run Macro If Cell value = "Other"
Alright, I have a very simple macro at the moment that unhides a column and adjusts the print area to suit. What I need is a maco that will run this macro if the cell F4 = "Other" from a drop down menu. Seems painfully simple I just can't find where it is. Cheers If Range("F4").Value = "Other" Then Call yourMacro End If -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) <bobbly_bob@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1163993734.539069.261810@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Alright, I have a ...

rules to run macro
Hello all, Is there a way to cause a rule to run a macro? I have a macro written that runs fine if invoked manually, but I don't seem to be able to find a way to cause a rule to run a macro. Thanks, Doug A "run a script" rule action actually can run a VBA procedure with a = MailItem or MeetingItem as its parameter. That item is processed by the = code:=20 Sub RunAScriptRuleRoutine(MyMail As MailItem) Dim strID As String Dim olNS As Outlook.NameSpace Dim msg As Outlook.MailItem =20 strID =3D MyMail.EntryID Set olNS =3D Application.GetNamespace(&quo...

run macro after userform unloads
I have a complicated userform contained within a template. Once the userform is completed and the OK command button is selected the userform merges and populates. Within the template I have a series of cross references which I would like updated once the document populates although I'm not sure how to do this as the form unloads and then the document populates. Can someone please shed any light on how I might update fields once the template is has populated? Basically after the following is completed, then I want do something simple like a print preview so the cross...

Run macro if table field value = today
what is the conditional code to add to a macro to run a macro if today's date is <> to the last update date I store in a table (only 1 record in table)? Access does not like [LastUpdate]![Last_Updt_Date]=Date(). 'Today's date is <> to the last update date' is the opposite of [LastUpdate]![Last_Updt_Date]=Date(). If you want the dates to not be the same then use -- [LastUpdate]![Last_Updt_Date]<>Date() If your field [Last_Updt_Date] has a time component then it will not match Date(). You would need to remove the time like this -- [LastUpdate]![Las...

Run Macros in a Password-protected workbook?
I have an excel worksheet which has several macros associated with it. However the workbook is password protected and so when I open the file, the macros are automatically disabled. Excel says "you can't run macros that can't be scanned by the appropriate virus scanning software". Since I wrote the macros I know they are OK. I've tried setting the Trust Setting to "enable all Macros" but it still does not allow me to run the a macros without deleting the password protection on the file. Any ideas? Thanks. Check Ron de Bruin's site: http:...

Run Macro From If Statement #2
I could be way off here, but... I am trying to do an IF statement an then depending on the answer run a macro or end the statement. I Lotus I was able to do the BRANCH macro, but it seems you cannot d that in excel. This is an example what I'm trying to accomplish. If the value of cell M50<= to 25 then do nothing - if it's greater tha I need another macro to run. Thank you for any help! -- Paig ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paige's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2309 View this thread: http:/...

Combo box change to run Macro
I have a combo box on the frmAssessment with a list of Assessors from a lookup table. I want to send an email to the Assessor who's name is displayed in the box either when a new entry or a change of names when editing. I created a macro with a condition of [RNAssessor] = "Jane Doe" and the action SendObject with Jane Doe's email address - similarly for each Assessor's name. The problem I'm having is I cannot get the event to trigger. I tried the OnChange and AfterUpdate events and they don't work. Any help you can give me will be much app...

auto run macro
can someone give me the logic for a macro to automatically run when a workbook is open. I just want the workbook to do a calculation every second. Look in vba HELP index for ONTIME. Then place in the auto_open or workbook_open events in the ThisWorkbook module -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Aaron Russell" <arussell@faultlesscaster.com> wrote in message news:uuJOEiDkEHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > can someone give me the logic for a macro to automatically run when a > workbook is open. I just want the workbook to do a calculation every > se...

can't run macro
I have power user rights in win 2k then run excel with macro. When I enable the macro, a message ' one of your object libraries (stdole2.tlb) is missing or damaged. Please run Setup to install it.' Thus I can't run the program. If I change the rights to administrator, this message won't prompt up again. Any suggestion to solve this error? Thanks If there are any missing references under Tools, References in the VBE try disabling them. -- Jim "Eva" <Eva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AF7EA6E-6C2D-4ACC-9C30-07FC3624FEB7@microsoft.com.....

Run macro from if statement
Is there a way to run a macro from the results of an if statement? i.e. if(cell a2=1,"run macro",dont run Any ideas? What I am trying to do ultimately is show a userform if the contents of a cell are changed Thanks I can't find a way to run a macro, but where is your userform that you want to show? It is possible to call another worksheet or area in the formula. If your userform isn't on an Excel worksheet you could paste it into one. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to run a macro from the results of an if statement? i.e. if(cell a2=1,"run macro&q...

Macros not displaying in Run Macro dialog box
I have an Excel 2000 spreadsheet that when opened in Excel 2003 the macros do not appear for selection. Everything is fine when opened with Excel 2000. I've set the macro security to medium and low, but no avail. Any ideas? You're positive that the workbook opened in xl2003 (successfully)? And you don't have "macros in" pointing at the wrong workbook? (Maybe changing "macros in" to "all open workbooks" on that dialog will help.) Kevin wrote: > > I have an Excel 2000 spreadsheet that when opened in Excel 2003 the macros do > not appea...

select worksheet to run macro
Hi, I have an Excel Workbook with 32 worksheets in it (31 days & summary). I have the following macro and would like to run it in some of the worksheets (e.g. from day1 to day4, day15 to day20 and so on) . Is there a way to do it at one go rather than to select the worksheet one by one? Maybe create an input box to enter the date range? I don’t have much knowledge of VBA and would appreciate any help. Thank you. ' Macro2 Macro(cntl+shift+i) ' Columns("S:S").Select Selection.Copy Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ ...

run macro on workbook close
Hi, Can you run a macro when you close a workbook or do you have do this through a button? i konw you can run a macro on workbook open but i need it the other way round. if you can't, can you prevent the workbook being closed via the red crox in the corner to force use of the button? thanks in advance, Nigel Look in the ThisWorkbook module right window for workbook_close -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Nigel" <Nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0366AD4D-4E07-48A6-A737-C996917066BD@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can yo...

Excel 2003
I wrote the Macro myself, so I know it is safe, but I can't run it. I decreased the security to low, But I don't have a DIGITAL signature of my own to install. Can someone point me in the right direction? Many thanks in advance. Never mind - I found out that I had to shut down Excel and restart it for the change to take effect. "Jeff Lloyd" <jbl85@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OETm0Z2PEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I wrote the Macro myself, so I know it is safe, but I can't run it. I > decreased the security to low, But I don't have a DIG...

Excel
I am trying to have 1 of 8 different macro's run depending on the value of a specific cell. If I enter 1 in cell A3, I would like macro1 to run. If I change cell A3 to 2, I would like macro2 to run and so on all the way up to entering 8 and getting macro8 to run. I am unable to find any good examples of how to do this. I realize I will probably have to use Worksheet Event to do this but what is the macro code I will need. Right click the sheet tab and select veiw code. Paste the following: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) With Target If .Addre...

Run macro after booting is over
Is it possible to run a macro when I turn on my PC? e.g. I want my list of duties to be undertaken today. This list is saved in an excel file. I have excel sheets by date. Hi, This is as much a Windows question as an Excel one but yes you can do that. Place a shortcut to the Excel file in the startup directory of your personal start menu and Excel will run that file on startup. Once running you can call macro using the workbook open event -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still suffic...

Run macro based on cell value in worksheet
Does anyone know of a way to do run a macro based on a cell value. EG i cell A1 = 0, dont run macro - otherwise run macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Does anyone know of a way to do run a macro based on a cell value. EG i cell A1 = 0, dont run macro - otherwise run macro. below macro will run your code is cell a1 is anything but 0. Do you want the macro to run automatically if a different value i inputted into cell a1, or are you happy for the user to run the macr manually? (if automatically, more code is required) sub Macro 1 () if cells(1,1) = 0 then exit sub &...

Using Scheduled Tasks to run Macros problem
I have a database with two macros in it. When i run these macros from within the database, they run fine and when I run the shortcuts to the macros it runs fine. However, whenever I try to run the macro via Scheduled Tasks they frequently fail and I get error messages with regards to docmd scripts, OLE errors etc. Is there any reason why something would run OK normally, but not via a Scheduled Task that I should be aware of? I can give more specific error message details and VBA if it would help. Thanks There may be a permissions problem. Try setting up the tasks to run as ...