Error: Too many different cell formats

Hi,
Today I got a strange error with my workbook. When I opened my workbook in
excel 2007 I lost all of my cell formats.
When I opened the same workbook using Excel 2003 I got an exception with
message "Too many different cell formats". I realized that the exception
will be thrown if the workbook has more than 4000 unique cell formats.
But I am sure I don't have those many cell formats in my workbook. I really
need to get my cell format back. Is there any way to get the cell/sheet
format? I don't mind if I lose some of the cell formats during my recovery
process.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Srikanth

0
stammana (5)
7/4/2008 11:33:45 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I'd love to get a copy of your workbook.  I've never had a workbook that has
that error and I'd like to play with it.  You can clear all the data and
formulas, as long as the formats are still there.

--
Jim
"Venkat" <stammana@palantirsolutions.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Today I got a strange error with my workbook. When I opened my workbook in
> excel 2007 I lost all of my cell formats.
> When I opened the same workbook using Excel 2003 I got an exception with
> message "Too many different cell formats". I realized that the exception
> will be thrown if the workbook has more than 4000 unique cell formats.
> But I am sure I don't have those many cell formats in my workbook. I
> really need to get my cell format back. Is there any way to get the
> cell/sheet format? I don't mind if I lose some of the cell formats during
> my recovery process.
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
>
> Thanks,
> Srikanth

0
jrrech1 (131)
7/4/2008 2:17:43 PM
I'm having the exact same problem.

I update my brother's business spreadsheet using Excel 2007 and then email
him a copy (he uses Excel 2000).  On his end he gets the "too many cell
formats" error (there are definately not that many formats.  On my end, if I
make any changes/additions I lose all my formatting (all of my cells revert
to "general" rather than "currency", "number", "date", etc) this includes all
shading and borders.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> I'd love to get a copy of your workbook.  I've never had a workbook that has
> that error and I'd like to play with it.  You can clear all the data and
> formulas, as long as the formats are still there.
>
> --
> Jim
> "Venkat" <stammana@palantirsolutions.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Today I got a strange error with my workbook. When I opened my workbook in
> > excel 2007 I lost all of my cell formats.
> > When I opened the same workbook using Excel 2003 I got an exception with
> > message "Too many different cell formats". I realized that the exception
> > will be thrown if the workbook has more than 4000 unique cell formats.
> > But I am sure I don't have those many cell formats in my workbook. I
> > really need to get my cell format back. Is there any way to get the
> > cell/sheet format? I don't mind if I lose some of the cell formats during
> > my recovery process.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated,
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Srikanth

0
G1 (145)

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

Value in a cell is sum of one or more other cells
Hi all, I have a column of cells containing positive and negative values. I want to find those cells which equal the sum of 2 or more other cells. I have no VBA experience. Many thanks, Colin -- karabiners ------------------------------------------------------------------------ karabiners's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25584 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390062 ...

Select range of cells in column AS based upon lastcell in col A.
I need to select a range starting from the active cell 9 in column AS and a variable number of rows down based upon last entered cell in column A. Does anyone know how to go about doing this? try Range("AS9:AS" & Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row).Select or do you mean upto ColA Range("AS9:A" & Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row).Select If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "jonnybrovo815" wrote: > I need to select a range starting from the active cell 9 in column AS and a ...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

html format email
How can I, if possible, create html formatted email and/or email templates in crm? I can write some custom add-ins in c# if needed. Thanks, J On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:41:24 -0500, "Scanner2001" <jeffsanders125@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I, if possible, create html formatted email and/or email >templates in crm? You can create html email templates. The secret is to create them in another tool eg Notepad or Dreamweaver then open the html in IE and then cut and paste into the CRM email template window If you have graphics only links to the images are copie...

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

Can you link many workbooks to one template? And Update?
I tack around 100 different workbooks. All are the same "template"; however, I often update the formulas and therefore must go back to each workbook and update them formulas. Is there a way to link all of the workbooks to a "template" to calculate the formulas? And can I change the one template formula so all the workbooks are updated at once? ...

set up different default printer for MS Excel
I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to be default one for ALL NEW Excel files. So task is not to change it manually or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions? Stefan, You can change the default printer for all applications with the Windows Control Panel. Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes. Right-click the printer you wish to be the default, and choose "Set as Default." To set a default printer for Excel only (different from the Windows default printer...

"Remotely" Change Cell Values
Hey gang - I've developed a deer population model (1 for each of 88 counties) to track herd size from 1981 to present. I start with an initial population estimate (in 3 male and 3 female age groups) in 1981 and each year add births and subtract known mortalities (aka harvest). I also make some estimates of non-harvest losses and nonreporting (people who harvest but do not report). Any how, if I've got all the parameters (birth rates, survival estimates...) right and I've done a good job of accounting for all mortality, I should be able to generate a fall population estimate e...

Technical error

Repeating cells
With a 1 in A1, a 2 in B1, and a 3 in C1, if I click on C1 and drag the handle the D1, Excel increments the value to 4. Is there a way other than Control C to cause D1 to be 3 (the same as C1) instead of 4 (C1+1)? Excel 2000 If you only select c1 and drag the handle to d1 it will repeat "3". Regards Bill K "mcp6453" <mcp6453@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:40705744.39DF@earthlink.net... > With a 1 in A1, a 2 in B1, and a 3 in C1, if I click on C1 and drag the > handle the D1, Excel increments the value to 4. Is there a way other > than Control C to c...

How do I format text as a hyperlink in Excel
I want up to 1,00o cells in a single Excel worksheet to display as hyperlinks to general web addresses (mainly home pages). Each cell is a different web address. How do I format the Excel cells to display and act as a hyperlink? The formula to use is =HYPERLINK(actual_address, friendly_address) where actual_address is the full link to the website (or other excel sheets/files), and friendly_address is what is shown in the Excel cell - underlined and coloured blue. If friendly_address is missing, the actual_address is shown. Hope this helps. Pete Pete Thanks for this BUT I already hav...

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Form_Load event works differently when debugging?
I have an Access 2003 .adp project with a detail form that is instantiated by another search form. If there is a value in the OpenArgs of the detail form, then it is to display the row with that key value. This works fine with a SQL Server 2000 backend, but not with a SQL Server 2005 backend. Except, if I place a breakpoint within the If statement, then it works fine in SQL Server 2005 as well. With a breakpoint in place, it works every time in SQL Server 2005. Is there any "Wait" statement that can be added to remedy this difference? (For instance, adding a DoEvents statement ...

Typing message error