Error saving Excel files in a network drive

I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error
saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and
then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t
occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control"
access to the shared folder...
I have Windows XP and Office 2000.

Thanks in advance
Mateo.

0
mateo (4)
5/24/2004 5:06:57 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8
characters--no extension).

If the save is successful, xl will delete the original and if that's successful,
xl will rename the funny named file to the original's name.

Common things that get blamed for interruptions to this process are antivirus
software poking its head in or network errors--either permissions or physical
problems.

I think I'd start with the easiest stuff first.  Try disabling the antivirus
software.

If that didn't help, I'd go back and have those permissions checked once more.

(maybe it's a hardware problem???)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny
name (8
> characters--no extension).
>
> If the save is successful, xl will delete the original and if that's
successful,
> xl will rename the funny named file to the original's name.
>
> Common things that get blamed for interruptions to this process are
antivirus
> software poking its head in or network errors--either permissions or
physical
> problems.
>
> I think I'd start with the easiest stuff first.  Try disabling the
antivirus
> software.
>
> If that didn't help, I'd go back and have those permissions checked once
more.

> (maybe it's a hardware problem???)
>
> Mateo wrote:
> >
> > I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error
> > saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file
and
> > then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t
> > occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control"
> > access to the shared folder...
> > I have Windows XP and Office 2000.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Mateo.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
mateo (4)

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

Storing Data in Microsoft Excel
Hi I wonder if anyone out there would help I have excel, and I have some data which I update daily in the spreadsheet, I would like to create a macro, to copy all the data onto another page, and then, so that the next day I enter new set of data and when I press the same button it copies it all to the same page as the other data, but one row underneath (so that it doesn't override it) I know this can be done, but I cant remember how to do it. I did something in VB, active.offset but that's all I can remember if there is anyone that could help that would be brilliant All the be...

Need help w/ excel formula (duplicate entry)
Hello, I am not sure if this is possible but I would like write a formula that would recognize a duplicate entry under same column. e.g., column A has heading of Sample ID# and under is sample ID# in random order. If an entry of ID is then made but if it is a repeat of the ID that was previously entered, I would like to it to give some kind of warning message. Thank you. You may want to read some of Chip Pearson's techniques for dealing with duplicates: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Visit Chip Pearson's site for a Data|validation solution: http://www.cpearson.com/ex...

Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder the message is lost. If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save them in the...

I need to widen my screen so I can print a wide file?
How do I do this? I need to print a copy that shows all the script which is too wide. I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but changing to Landscape orientation might help. Assuming that you are using Word 2007, click the Page Layout tab, and then click Orientation in the Page Setup group. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "bingo" <bingo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA925BD1-D8EF-408B-9588-4F5BF7FCD554@microsoft.com... > How do I do this? > I need to print a copy that shows all the script which is too wide. ...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Problems with Using Query with Analyze it with Microsoft Excel
We have a problem with Access 2003 and EXCEL 2003. I have a QUERY from ACCESS 2003 and hit the following sequence of commands - "TOOLS" "OFFICE LINKS" and "ANALYZE IT WITH MICROSOFT EXCEL". I notice the Excel pops up and I see fields being imported and when it is down the Excel spreadsheet is blank - not even a blank spreadsheet comes up. What am I doing wrong. We need Access 2003 to link to the data in Excel so we can edit and modify it using EXCEL as well as ACCESS. Thanks for your help. JW ...

ERROR

Excel webquery questions
I have about 500 URL's, which I want to use in webqueries. I have two problems. PROBLEM 1 ^^^^^^^^^ Every URL returns a page with tables, and I know which table I need (for every page the same table) As an example, this is one of the URLS's. http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=s&cu=&s=wa&ag=&t=res&snf=ras&pm=&tb=&u=FURNISSDALE&px=&cat=&minlandsize=&minbed=4&maxbed=&parking=&p=10&o=p I need the cel, displaying the first offer. This webquery works, and returns: ---------- GREENFIELDSThe Real Mccoy $195,000...

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

vista publisher network places
i upgraded to Vista and am having trouble uploading to my website that has been up and running for years using xp and publisher 07. Now I keep getting an error message that "cannot find url or network connections. Vista does not have "network places". can anyone help me Prepare, publish, and maintain your Publisher Web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA100947601033.aspx It is written for Pub 2007, but if you are using IE7 instead of IE6, then the directions for using Vista would apply for Pub 2003. FTP uploading has changed with the introduction of IE7. Pa...

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

Re: Money 2004

set up different default printer for MS Excel
I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to be default one for ALL NEW Excel files. So task is not to change it manually or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions? Stefan, You can change the default printer for all applications with the Windows Control Panel. Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes. Right-click the printer you wish to be the default, and choose "Set as Default." To set a default printer for Excel only (different from the Windows default printer...

Default File Renaming
When I save my files as webpages Publisher automatically renames alllllll of my files to Img001 Img002 etc etc and I have to go through the HTML and change ALL the file names so that it pulls the right pictures... my site is huge, this is tedious and annoying... can anyone help??? It is not renaming your image files, it is making copies of them. If you are renaming those copies than your page won't load the images because the file names will be wrong. I recommend you visit my site and review the articles I have for the version you are using. If you require anything further please use ...

Excel reference
Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in powershell. doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting print areas, centering columns etc... Saw your old post. Not sure if this will help google Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass or $a = New-Object -comobject Excel.Application $a|get-method "Chris" wrote: > Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in > powershell. > > doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting > print areas, cent...

Technical error

Can't move items to PST file
Ever see a message when moving an email (with attachment) from your In Box to a subfolder in a Personal Folder (pst) that Outlook "Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was already moved or deleted, or access was denied." Thanks for any help you can provide! Greg PS. We don't have any mailbox limits set on the network. What is the overall size of the .PST file and how many items are in the folder you're trying to move the item to? Also, what version of Outlook are you using? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address ...

CObject Private method access error