Error Message When opening Excel

I am using Windows VISTA  64 bit O/S
with Office Professional 2003
All of a sudden I started to get the following error message:

'One of your object libraries (Stdole32.tlb) is missing or damaged.  Please
run setup to install it'

I am at a loss as how to correct this.  I checked online and found some
instructions that were for Windows 2000
Those did not work for VISTA at all.

Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,

HankL

0
HankL
11/16/2009 10:27:23 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It is telling you to do a "setup to install" on the Office product, did you
try that? Did you try doing a repair on the office product? If so, have you
tried to do a restore to an earlier date?

"HankL" wrote:

> I am using Windows VISTA  64 bit O/S
> with Office Professional 2003
> All of a sudden I started to get the following error message:
>
> 'One of your object libraries (Stdole32.tlb) is missing or damaged.  Please
> run setup to install it'
>
> I am at a loss as how to correct this.  I checked online and found some
> instructions that were for Windows 2000
> Those did not work for VISTA at all.
>
> Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,
>
> HankL
>
> .

Sending entire objects via socket vs primitive message fields
I am using a library called "The Network Development Kit". http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp The kit allows me to easily establish client/server connections and assemble "messages" (consisting of strings, integers, etc) to pass back and forth between the client and server. With my initial protocol design, I have been passing data via the primitive data field types (strings, int's, etc). The basic logic flow requires me to: 1) Deconstruct the object and assemble the varying field values into a CNDKMessage. 2) Send that message to the server and reconstruct th...

Setup of Generic Out of office Message office 2003/2007
Hi, Out Communications department want's us to setup a standard out of office message for all mailboxes in the organisation. They want every user to have access to the generic Out of Office message. Is there a way I can create an Outlook template or something that I could give all users to put in their mailbox Out of Office area. thanks -- Kath ...

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

Storing Data in Microsoft Excel
Hi I wonder if anyone out there would help I have excel, and I have some data which I update daily in the spreadsheet, I would like to create a macro, to copy all the data onto another page, and then, so that the next day I enter new set of data and when I press the same button it copies it all to the same page as the other data, but one row underneath (so that it doesn't override it) I know this can be done, but I cant remember how to do it. I did something in VB, active.offset but that's all I can remember if there is anyone that could help that would be brilliant All the be...

Need help w/ excel formula (duplicate entry)
Hello, I am not sure if this is possible but I would like write a formula that would recognize a duplicate entry under same column. e.g., column A has heading of Sample ID# and under is sample ID# in random order. If an entry of ID is then made but if it is a repeat of the ID that was previously entered, I would like to it to give some kind of warning message. Thank you. You may want to read some of Chip Pearson's techniques for dealing with duplicates: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Visit Chip Pearson's site for a Data|validation solution: http://www.cpearson.com/ex...

2003 Keeps the default workbook open
When I start Excel, it starts up with a blank workbook. If I immediately open a saved file, it closes the blank workbook... All good... except mine has stopped closing the blank one. So I always end up with 2 workbooks open, the one I opened and a blank one that I'm not interested in! Is this a setting? if so where? Can I fix it? thanks... M Did you or someone create a default workbook (ie, Book.xltx or Book.xltm) and save it in "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART"? On 5/9/2010 4:17 AM, Michelle wrote: > When I start...

Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder the message is lost. If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save them in the...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

Re: Money 2004

set up different default printer for MS Excel
I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to be default one for ALL NEW Excel files. So task is not to change it manually or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions? Stefan, You can change the default printer for all applications with the Windows Control Panel. Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes. Right-click the printer you wish to be the default, and choose "Set as Default." To set a default printer for Excel only (different from the Windows default printer...

open attachments via OWA
Have a curious situation. A user is complaining of cannot open attachments via OWA. That's through our company Exchange server (Exchange 2003). Now, on the very *same* laptop she is using, she can get attachments from another company's OWA. Very strange. What is the normal cause of this issue? What attachment types can't see access? (e.g. doc, mdb, exe, com, bat, .etc) The reason that I ask is that OWA under Exchange 2003 can block access to specific attachment types just like Outlook 2003. "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:3shlhkFoeg86U1@...

Excel reference
Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in powershell. doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting print areas, centering columns etc... Saw your old post. Not sure if this will help google Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass or $a = New-Object -comobject Excel.Application $a|get-method "Chris" wrote: > Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in > powershell. > > doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting > print areas, cent...

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

How do I format text as a hyperlink in Excel
I want up to 1,00o cells in a single Excel worksheet to display as hyperlinks to general web addresses (mainly home pages). Each cell is a different web address. How do I format the Excel cells to display and act as a hyperlink? The formula to use is =HYPERLINK(actual_address, friendly_address) where actual_address is the full link to the website (or other excel sheets/files), and friendly_address is what is shown in the Excel cell - underlined and coloured blue. If friendly_address is missing, the actual_address is shown. Hope this helps. Pete Pete Thanks for this BUT I already hav...

Error in closing Outlook