Entire Active Directory visible when Allowing Users to Edit Ranges

Excel XP on Windows 2000. TS Environment running Citrix. Following Problem:
Tools - Protection - Allow user to edit ranges - new - permissions - add.
This provides a list of the ENTIRE active directory of the domain. Where is
the switch to turn this off or to limit the access? Am I in the right
newsgroup even?

Any hints will be greatly appreciated.

0
gh1 (11)
3/2/2004 5:37:58 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

User Manager problem 10-14-03
I have installed MS CRM on a Win2K server and I have added a license pack successfully in the Deployment Manager. When I try to create CRM users in Deployment Manager, I get a list of users in Active Directory that is *incomplete*. Many true users are displayed and I have successfully created a CRM user from a user in AD. It seems all our 'old' users are not displayed, though. By 'old', I mean those users that migrated from Novell Netware&Groupwise into Microsoft Active Directory/Exchange. This is just a hypothesis of mine, that the Exchange or AD conversion has someth...

How to get user name which is active in windows
I am working a software which can set specific conf. for each user, so my program needs to know which user is active now, which API or MFC class can do it? -- Nothing impossible, Nothing sure GetUserName/GetUserNameEx --- Ajay I do it like this: // This function is useful for retrieving the current user name BOOL GetUser(CString &csUser) { TCHAR szUserName[80]; DWORD dwResult, cchBuff = 80; // Call the WNetGetUser function. dwResult = WNetGetUser(NULL, (LPTSTR) szUserName, &cchBuff); if(dwResult != NO_ERROR) return false; csUser = szUserName; ...

Conditional formatting
Is there a way to use conditional formatting so that if the contents of a single cell changes, then the entire row in that table will change a color. I know it can be applied to the cell, but can it be applied to the entire row? Thanks. Select row 1 as an example. Format>CF>Formula is: =$A$1="OK" Note the $ signs. If you want to copy this to other rows, make it $A1 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:28:13 -0700 (PDT), Dave K <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to use conditional formatting so that if the contents >of a single cel...

Query to count between list of number (Predicting Start/End that may occur in data range)
Hi, I have a below list of numbers. 566667 566668 566669 566665 566666 566671 566672 566680 I want a query that would return a count between start and end of range. Like Start End Quantity 566665 566669 5 566671 566672 2 566680 566680 1 Thank you. On 2 apr, 07:17, Angela <ims...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a below list of numbers. > > 566667 > 566668 > 566669 > 566665 > 566666 > 566671 > 566672 > 566680 > > I want a query that would return a coun...

Move to end of edit
I have an edit box in a grid edit dialog that opens when I type a single character. if(nChar > 0) dlgGrid.m_strEditCell = (TCHAR)nChar; The character is selected but I want to deselect it and position the cursor after the character. How do I do that? -- Steve Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software EasyNN-plus. The easy way to build neural networks. http://www.easynn.com On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 16:04:21 +0100, steve@tropheus.demon.co.uk wrote: >I have an edit box in a grid edit dialog that opens when I type a >single character. > >if(nChar > 0) > dlgGrid.m_strEd...

edit box #2
how can i make the dynamically created edit box integer or float. and how can i restrict user to enter value in our given range. You can do it by handling EN_CHANGE and the likes for the control. There are tons of examples at codeguru/codeproject. Look there and see the following: http://www.codeproject.com/editctrl/maskededit.asp ---- Ajay ...

Restrict inbound Internet email to a group of users on Exchange 20
What is the easiest way to restrict a large group of users from receiving email from non-authenticated users. I know there is a checkbox setting that allows me to configure this on a per user basis, but how do I change this for 1000 users at one time. Our company policies have recently changed, and managemnt wants most users to only be able to send and receive emails from authenticated users. I already have the send portion configured using a connector, but how do I do restrict receiving? Thanks. Create a new Recipient Policy and assign them email addresses for an internal or non-...

Exchange and multiple Active Dir domains (and blackberry)
Hello all, I'm searching for the possibility to do the following: A customer has a building and in tha building there are 2 companies. Both these companies have there own network (one is 2000 AD and one is NT4) The nt4 will be reinstalled as 2003 AD. But they would like to use blackberry. but the firts issue is how do i connect the two seperat ad domains by exchange? compA and CompB have there own exchange servers and both use the same mailsweeper in the mutal DMZ zone. Is there a way to configure a blackberry Exchange server to serve both exchange servers/ad domains?? Kind regard Roe...

find numbers in a range that add to a specific value
Jason previously answered the above question with the below answer however I am looking for a formula that works when adding more than 2 numbers together? Can anyone help? thanks, Brett Assuming your list of numbers are in A1:A50 and the total number is in F1, try this in B1 and copy down to B50: =ADDRESS(SUMPRODUCT(--(A1+$A$1:$A$50=$F$1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:50"))),1,4) If there are any feasible combinations, a cell reference will appear next to a number. That number, but the number in the cell reference, will equal the number in F1. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA If you have to check ...

i cant open a file for editing?
when i open a file, i cant edit? If this is a question, you have provided very little detail to assist with helping you. What prevents you from editing? What is the error message you get? Is the sheet protected with cells locked? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:49:02 -0800, caroline <caroline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when i open a file, i cant edit? ...

New User
I am creating a new user. When I save & close I get an error. The details of the error as follows. How can I solve this issue? Error Number: 0x80040E2F Query String /biz/users/edit.aspx_CreateFromType=10&_CreateFromId={1B63542C-F92D-46D7-B643-AD25E04B8362} User Message: Duplicate Record A record of this type with this name already exists. Please choose a different name and try again. Is there another user record in the system already with the same network login name? Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------...

Number of users
I am deploying an MDE Access 2002 application. The clients will pay a "per seat" fee. How can I limit their number of users to the number of seats they have purchased? Ideally you keep a table of active users for the db, setting and removing records during login/logout procedures. So, during your login procedure, if there's more than X number of records, let the user trying to log in know about it and close the app. hth -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work.&quo...

Office:mac2008 Home & Student edition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When installing Office:mac2008 Home & Student Edition (which I have purchased new) the installation went OK. However, when I try to open any of the programmes (e.g. word or powerpoint) I get a window titled Create an Office Identity. After completing this form, and I select the continue tab, nothing happens: consequently I cannot open any of the programs. I have re-installed this programme, but the result is still negative. Any advice wld be appreciated. On 9/12/09 4:56 AM, in article 59b7c479.-1@webcrossing.caR9a...

Rolling dynamic data range
I have 2 adjacent columns of data that my chart is based on. This data is continually expanding downwards. I want my chart to always reflect the bottom 10 rows of data without having to manually change the source references each time. Using a named worksheet range I can get it to dynamically start at the top and go to the bottom of the range, but cannot get it to start at the bottom and count back 10 rows. Hi Sue try the following dynamic range (assumption: no blank rows in between9: =OFFSET($A$1,COUNTA($A:$A)-10,0,10) define a name for this range and use this in your chart HTH Frank ...

Exchange doesn't respond when trying to change user settings
Hello all, I have a Windows NT 4.0 Server running Exchange 5.5. The problem is when I try to change e-mail information on a user thru the Exchange Administrator application, it will sit like it is locked up for approximately 2 minutes and then say it is not responding, try again later. Do I need to shut down any services before making changes? Thanks! ...

Read Only User Mailbox
How can I setup an existing users mailbox so that that user can't send internal/external email on my Exchange 2003 SP2 Server...? They should only be able to read/delete it. Thanks, Tom... I had this issue on one project a ways back and the only process that I came up with was to force ALL mail to go through an SMTP connector and block the user at that point. I'd be interested in any other method that would insure that NO mail got sent. Not sure if this will do what you want, but you could set their quota (prohibit send) down to 0 (or something very low). -GT "Tom K&quo...

Outlook Client cannot assign Mails to CRM User, SYSTEM is used ins
Hi Everybody. We've got CRM 3.0 running in a stable state. One annoying thing is that if an email is recieved by an Outlook Client and it's going to be tracked in CRM manually, CRM resolves the username to the CRM "SYSTEM" user. For example i've got my Outlook client running under my account mschymur@domain.com, got an faultless connection to our Exchange Server and recieve an email. When i track that mail manually, becaue it does not belong to an CRM created tracking Number, e.g. it's an question from a customer, then that email will occur in the assigned con...

Emails missing complete body content, but msg is partly visible in preview mode
Hi, I have a problem reapprear with my emails which causes the email body not to be displayed at all. However if i see them in preview mode, i am able to see the first 2-3 lines only. Trying to see these mails under "OWA" or using imap/pop from another client does not allow me to view the mail content. The last time this happened a couple of months back, my mailbox was recreated (ughh ). I am running outlook 2003 (11.8002.8028) SP2 in cache mode and i was not using any other email client to download mails simulatenously. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rgds, Monit ...

Activating Field Level Security
We were just wondering how to activate field level security. We are using advanced security, and it shows that field level security should be available on the menus, but we're not sure if this is an extra module or not. If so, any info or fact sheets would be appreciated. Thank you. The menu option "Field Level Security " is available in System Setup menu. Setup->System->Field Level Security "ConnollyandCo" wrote: > We were just wondering how to activate field level security. We are using > advanced security, and it shows that field level security...

Excel will not allow me to use the funtion MROUND,
Excel will not allow me to use the funtion MROUND, any ideas I am using the expression =MROUND(10, 3) Hi if you receive a #NAME error you have to activate the Analysis Toolpak Add-in. Goto 'Tools - addins' and check this Addin (you may be asked to insert your installation CD) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Paul D wrote: > Excel will not allow me to use the funtion MROUND, any > ideas > > I am using the expression =MROUND(10, 3) The Analysis Toolpack needs to installed. Tools>Addins> Analysis Toolpack. Bye, Cesar Zapata Paul D wrote: > Exc...

HELP:signature advance edit
HI,ALL: how do I change the signature advance edtitor application? Now , My outlook 2003 signature advance editor is notepad, I just want to switch it to Word. Thanks! Richard ...

help with ranges
I need a to know a formula for a range that verify's another field has certain varaible or # the goes to another field in the same record an copies the next 4 cells down and then pastes the the copie information in the next column but same record. transposes the dat for the 4 cells, so all data on the same record -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's a bit hard to figure out. Could you send a sample sheet of "Was" and "Now" to excelmarksway@yahoo.com.au and I will write a macro or userform utility for you. You can verify my ability at my use...

Selecting the 'Active Sheet'
Hi, I need to select the 'Active Sheet' while I run a macro. If I do thi by simply clicking the sheet it selects it by name (e.g 'Sheets("Sheet1").Select'). I have tried using the following comman in vBasic but it isn't working; 'Sheets(ActiveSheet).Select'. I am aiming to copy the macro over to other workbooks, which is why am looking for a suitable command. If anyone knows the command for selecting the active sheet in Excel fo renaming purposes I would be extremely grateful if you could share i with me! Best regards, Stuar ---------------------...