entering time #2

hello all..
wondering if there is any way to do this...

I have a column formatted for time as in this format 12:00
when entering a time it is cumbersome to have to enter the hour, then a
colon, then the minutes.
Is it possilbe to simply enter a 4 digit number such as 1245 and have it
show up as 12:45 ??

thanks so much... I've found this group to be irreplaceable...

glen in orlando

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Enter your times without colons in column A and put this formula in column B

=(A1-RIGHT(A1,2))/2400+RIGHT(A1,2)/(24*60)
and format column B for "Time" in the form you want it.
Tod

"Glen in Orlando" <Noemail@abc.com> wrote in message
> hello all..
> wondering if there is any way to do this...
>
> I have a column formatted for time as in this format 12:00
> when entering a time it is cumbersome to have to enter the hour, then a
> colon, then the minutes.
> Is it possilbe to simply enter a 4 digit number such as 1245 and have it
> show up as 12:45 ??
>
> thanks so much... I've found this group to be irreplaceable...
>
> glen in orlando

You can try this:

http://tinyurl.com/r3ngw

--
HTH,

RD

"Glen in Orlando" <Noemail@abc.com> wrote in message
> hello all..
> wondering if there is any way to do this...
>
> I have a column formatted for time as in this format 12:00
> when entering a time it is cumbersome to have to enter the hour, then a
> colon, then the minutes.
> Is it possilbe to simply enter a 4 digit number such as 1245 and have it
> show up as 12:45 ??
>
> thanks so much... I've found this group to be irreplaceable...
>
> glen in orlando

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
9/26/2006 11:53:14 PM
thanks guys!!

glen

"RagDyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> You can try this:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/r3ngw
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD

> "Glen in Orlando" <Noemail@abc.com> wrote in message
>> hello all..
>> wondering if there is any way to do this...
>>
>> I have a column formatted for time as in this format 12:00
>> when entering a time it is cumbersome to have to enter the hour, then a
>> colon, then the minutes.
>> Is it possilbe to simply enter a 4 digit number such as 1245 and have it
>> show up as 12:45 ??
>>
>> thanks so much... I've found this group to be irreplaceable...
>>
>> glen in orlando

conditional formatting
I would like to use conditional formatting to highlight cells. Here is the scenerio .. a cell has a date that is calculated from a formula. If that date falls within the next 7 days i would like the cell to change colors. I for the life of me can not figure out the correct formula to put into the conditional formatting box. Thanks in advance. One way: With A1 selected: CF1: Formula is =AND(A1>=TODAY(), A1-TODAY()<=7) In article <0ED02BFE-5813-464A-9DCE-E902D6C974B9@microsoft.com>, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to use condit...

Chart of Times
I am working with a simple data set comprised of two columns and 24 rows. In column ("A"), I have the numbers 1-24. In column B, I have these random times: 4:57 5:16 2:17 1:20 1:11 1:21 1:19 1:11 1:37 2:56 3:29 4:09 5:59 5:23 5:22 3:59 4:04 1:51 2:06 2:16 2:08 1:28 1:24 1:24 The chart I would like to make would have the numbers 1-24 on the X- axis and the times listed above on the Y-axis. Ideally, this would be a column chart. My Issue: The times listed in column ("B") are formatted as time. When the chart is created the X-axis an...

unable to send email #2
I keep getting the below message when I email someone. Sometimes it corrects itself and sends but mostly it does not send. using Outlook 2002 Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipents, Subject: (Subject Header) Sent: (Date Sent) The following recipents(s) could not be reached: (Recipent) on (date and time) 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) I have the exact same problem ...

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Email Formatting #2
One of the users in my small office has problems with the email formatting in Outlook 2003. Since we installed it about 3 months ago, it has added question marks where there had been none, it removes apostrophes, and adds in extra spaces. If she forwards the same message to someone else in our office, the formatting looks fine. What she has in her sent box looks fine. It only seems to be on the recieving end that there is a problem. You can see it when the person replies and includes the originial message. Does anyone have any suggestions it sounds like font substitution proble...

Office 2004 upgrade #2
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3189969698_43795 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I just upgraded to Office 2004 from Office X. Using the install CD is found my old info and that worked fine. I also asked it to delete old versions of office. I came up with Office X. It moved everything to the trash and asked me to just empty the trash. I did, but now I am getting errors in the trash telling me that the operation cannot ...

Microsoft Money 2002 #2
I wish to use Money 2002 to write and print personal checks. I am unable to figure out how to configure the blank checks (can't even find them) with our names, address, and phone number, and the bank's name, address, id number, and our account number. I have the printable blank checks, but without the above information, they are impossible to use. Can somebody please help me? Money will not print that information. You must buy printed check forms that have the bank information, your account number, etc, just as you do for your hand-written checks. If you bought VersaCheck bl...

run time error; can not write to object
in 07 have form w/ onclick event of main form that opens a new form then having text in an unbound control of main form written into a text box on this new form run time error; can not write to object seems be triggered because the new form is opening with no records. the new form is in Date Entry property yes and when I manually open it - it opens to a new blank record....but when opening via the onclick docmd...it opens with no record... am perplexed... GBA wrote: > in 07 have form w/ onclick event of main form that opens a new form > > then having text in ...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Open a Form at a Specific Time
I would like to open a form at a specific time of the day, everyday. Please help? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Scheduled Tasks should do what you want. Steps 1. Open Control Panel 2. Look for Scheduled Tasks and double click it. 3. Click Add Scheduled Task then follow the wizard hope that helps User wrote: >I would like to open a form at a specific time of the day, everyday. > >Please help? -- spread the WORD Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201001/1 I'm sor...

Emails Receiving time in Inbox Differs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Hi, <br><br>I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I realised that my incoming mails received in the in the Inbox, the time received is different from actual time received. Meaning, the timing in the inbox shows the time that I download the emails. IS there a way to resolve this? ...

Service time billing
Can MSCRM be adapted to a service organization that primarily bills for time on an as-provided basis? When resolving a case, I see that the billable time is shown as the total of all activity time. Is this information only used when applied against a contract, or can I invoice for time or export a list of billable time with descriptions for use in Quickbooks? Also, can information, such as usernames and passwords be stored in the account record but secured from users that don't have sufficient privileges? Thank you, Rick S. The actual time is only automatically decremented from th...

Organization Forms #2
Unable to see the "Organization Forms" library in Outlook 2003. Anybody experience this ? I've created the folder below "EForms Registry" in ESM, checked permissions but the library does not show up. Enviroment: Exchange 2003, SP1,4-Node cluster, 3 Virtual Servers, Public Folder tree on 1 Virtual Server. Any help would be appreciated ! -Mike ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

Modeless property sheet. #2
I have a modeless property sheet. Since it is modeless, I know that I need to have OK and Cancel buttons on the pages... When the operator clicks the close X box at the top right. (Or selects "Close" from the sheet's system menu.) How do I act upon that? ...

Archiving Money Files #2
Hi all, Whenever I decide to archive old Money data, the process removes the correct dates, transactions, etc. from the main file... But the archived file contains all of the newer transactions as well. I thought an archived file only contained old transactions? EXAMPLE: I just archived the year 2005 from my main file. The main file now shows only transactions dated from 1-1-2006 to now. The archived file contains transactions dated from 1-1-2005 to now. Is this the way Money (I am using Mny 2004) works? In microsoft.public.money, rustyfender04 wrote: > >Whenever I decide ...

Multiple Attachments #2
Not sure if there is a shortcut here ... I receive numerous e-mails daily with file attachments (mainly photographs). There can be anything up to 10 attachments per e-mail and maybe 200 e-mails a day. All I need from these is the attchements saved in a folder that I have set-up. To do this, at the moment I am having to open each e-mail individually and then do 'Save Attachments', close the e-mail and delete it. Is there any way of selecting all of the e-mails and saving all of the attachments without having to open the e-mails? Thanks. There are some special tools built ...

application error #2
In a spreadsheet I inherited, when I try to enter a value in a cell, I get the following error message: "The instruction at "0x3003c847" referenced memory at "0x00050017". The memory could not be "read"." This doesn't have in very many places - just one section of the worksheet. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it? Thanks. ...

Excel Worksheet Change Event in a nick of time
1. Enter an Excel worksheet ; To Define Name > "TagNumber" > ReferTo := D2. 2. Intention ; After TagNumber is updated (in a Change Event), the focus would move to the adjacent cell to the right, Offset(0,1). 3. And therefore, the event procedure is devised as follows ;- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveCell.Address = Range("TagNumber").Address Then Range("TagNumber").Offset(0, 1).Activate End If End Sub 4. However, at run-time ; As soon as Tagnumber is activated, the focus shifts to the adjacent cell to the right alrea...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

OWA questions #2
A couple of questions I am having problems find the answers to: 1. Is there an easy way to change OWA to be at http://localhost instead of http://localhost/exchange 2. Is there an easy way to change OWA so that the domain name is not required when logging on (as though it is automatically passed)? 3. Are there any good, free, mailbox-to-web archivers out there? Thanks in advance 1. There are a few ways to have it where users type in http://<server>/, and get redirected to http://<server>/exchange. The easiest way is to do a redirection through the IIS console. The followin...

calculating times
HEY, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SET A FORMULA TO CALCULATE THE MINUTES FROM TWO TIME? THANKS, SPIKE Hi not really sure what you're looking for? maybe the function MINUTE is working for you. e.g. =MINUTE(A1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany spike wrote: > HEY, > DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SET A FORMULA TO CALCULATE THE > MINUTES FROM TWO TIME? > THANKS, > SPIKE Hi Spike! Posting in all upper case makes it more difficult to read especially if your first language isn't the one used. To calculate the minutes between times in A1 (earlier time) and B1 (later ti...

Browse file at run time in Integration manager
How can I set up the integration so that the system prompts the user for the file at run time. I do not want the users to edit the integration to point to the right file every single time. Is there a way out? Stacey, You would need to write VBScript code in the Before Integration area. The script would use the FSO (File System Object) to prompt the user for the existing file. You would then need to copy the file to the location your source query expects the file to be. It would also need to be the same name as specified in the source query. Be aware that using this method, you can on...

Find folder within a folder which occurs multiple times in that folder
Hello! i have to find a folder named "Addon" in some folder named "Installers" and store the path of "Addon" folder in a array. but "Addon" folder may occur multiple times in "Installers" e.g. Installers\New Folder\Addon Installers\New Folder1\Addon Installers\New Folder2\Addon I have to store all these path in a array how can i do that? >Hello! i have to find a folder named "Addon" in some folder named >"Installers" and store the path of "Addon" folder in a arra...

Printing Multiple Receipts at a Time From Journal
Hey guys, Is there a way to print multiple journaled receipts at a time? Say all receipts for a batch or by date or other criteria? Thanks Tom, Not that I've seen. -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ========== "Tom Bombadill" <Genius_pos...