Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?

I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in
Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask
me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where
this checkbox is in Office 2003!

0
nospam7515 (2084)
10/9/2003 3:34:17 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons.  You cannot
off the prompt using the XL interface.  Modifying the following registry key
will give you the same effect:

Key: QuerySecurity

Values:

0 = Prompt on all workbooks

1 = Do Not Prompt on any workbooks, and do NOT allow automatic query refresh
for any workbooks

2 = Do Not Prompt on any workbooks and ALLOW automatic query refresh on all
workbooks (this, of course, is NOT recommended)

/i.

"Nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and
in
> Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't
ask
> me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where
> this checkbox is in Office 2003!

0
v_3ismit (29)
10/9/2003 5:03:29 PM
Thanks for the tip.

"Immanuel" <v_3ismit@msn.com> wrote in message
> This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons.  You cannot
> off the prompt using the XL interface.  Modifying the following registry
key
> will give you the same effect:

> Key: QuerySecurity
>
> Values:
>
> 0 = Prompt on all workbooks
>
> 1 = Do Not Prompt on any workbooks, and do NOT allow automatic query
refresh
> for any workbooks
>
> 2 = Do Not Prompt on any workbooks and ALLOW automatic query refresh on
all
> workbooks (this, of course, is NOT recommended)
>

> /i.
>

> "Nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and
> in
> > Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't
> ask
> > me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where
> > this checkbox is in Office 2003!

0
nospam7515 (2084)

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

Automatic Calculations
Hi, For some reason the calculations made in my Excel documents require manual action, instead of being executed automatically. I have tried switching to automatic, but it switches back each time restart Excel. Is this a known problem or can I fix this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi The status of the calculation mode is set by the first sheet you open in each session. -- Andy. "Berend Botje >" <<Berend.Botje.17y29y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Berend.Botje.17y29y@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, > > For some reason ...

Help creating updateable query

Force refresh of title bar
Perhaps this should be a windows API question, rather than an MFC question. I want to force the title bar of a window to be refreshed. I have used SetWindowLong() to add or remove a minimize button from the title bar. However, often the minimize button does not visually appear or disappear until the title bar is clicked. I tried the sequence GetWindowText(), SetWindowText() to set the title text to its current value (in order to force a refresh), but this only sometimes works. Thanks! "WhiteFang" <WhiteFang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A022B4F-405...

How do you get rid of "The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information..."?
Sometimes the message "The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another workbook. Do you want to update this workbook with changes made to the other workbook?" pops up. When you don't need to update, you can just click No and move on, but how do you cancel the links for one and all so that this message does not pop up the next time you open the workbook? Kim, http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip This is an add-in called Find Links. It can be used to find and remove external links in workbooks. Once the external links are rem...

Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?
I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where this checkbox is in Office 2003! This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons. You cannot off the prompt using the XL interface. Modifying the following registry key will give you the same effect: Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options Key: QuerySecurity Values: 0 = Prompt on all workbooks 1 = Do Not Prom...

Enable macros
I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message every time I enter something in any field: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I don't have any macros in this workbook. Les ...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...

data sent automatically
hi i am designing a spreadsheet for my parents business and i would like to set up a sheet where data can be entered into a table during the day and then at the end of every day the data is sent automatically to another part of the spreadsheet (which will be protected and cannot be changed) and then the sheet where you enter the data is cleared ready for the next day? also if it is possible can i set it up so every day the atomatic info gets entered into a different cell eg. mon = A1 tue = A2 wed = A3 ect.ect. please help thank you ...

WEB Query in Office For Mac 2004
I have one simple question Does the function "WEB QUERY" in excel of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC exist. I have a trail verison of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC but this feature does not exist. I like this option and use it alot at work on the WINDOWS version. Having this option would sway me to buying it for sure. THANKS In article <944a5172.0409260409.68a71831@posting.google.com>, simon.simonblack@gmail.com (Simon Black) wrote: > Does the function "WEB QUERY" in excel of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC exist. I > have a trail verison of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC but this feature does not ...

Automatic Monthly Reminders
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC How can I set up Automatic Monthly Reminders and in what program does that possibility exist. In article <59bb35cc.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, Paul_D@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: Power PC > > How can I set up Automatic Monthly Reminders and in what program does that > possibility exist. Not word or office, definitely. Try iCal. -- DeeDee, don't press that button! DeeDee! NO! Dee... [I filter all ...

Enabling Circular Logging
Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet starting today. The company I am doing this with suggested enabling circular logging on the Exchange server to avoid backing up unnesseccary data and to svae over the wire bamdwidth. Can anyone explain to me what it is, and how to enble it? I have Exchange 2003 standard server with SP1. Thanks!!!! On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:01 -0800, "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet >starting today. The compa...

Automatic Sum problems
When I try to use the automatic sum function, it only functions once. When I change any of the numbers to be added up, there is no change in the result. I have to double click the cell containing the automatic sum function and then press "enter" to get it to recalculate. What's wrong? Why doesn't it recalculate automatically? I've tried a new document and it's the same problem. There must be something in the software that is wrong. I sent a file to a friend by email and he also couldn't get the file to add automatically either. Tools / Options / Calcula...

Discount percentage changes automatically
Hi there, when I create an invoice in Money Small Business 2004 I find that every now and then, when I enter a discount the program will change it to something else and I can't change it back. i.e. If I enter 60% in the discount area, it will change to 59.99% and if I go in and change it back to 60, it will return to 59.99 again. Can anyone help please!!! Thanks! ...

Determining if hibernation is enabled
Hi, I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put the pc in into hibernation, which only works if hibernation is enabled. How can I determine whether hibernation is enabled before calling, so I can report as much to my users? I'm working with VS2008, targetting XP and Vista. Thanks, Steph IsPwrHibernateAllowed\ GetPwrCapabilities or CallNtPowerInformation(Maybe it's better way) "Steph" <steph@newsgroups.nospam> д����Ϣ news:92169931-7711-41D8-A88E-6C6092343D40@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put...

disabling automatic hyperlinks
Hello- Is there a way to turn off automatic hyperlinking in Outlook, when using HTML or RTF formatting? I've checked through help and looked at autocorrect settings but have not found anything. Thanks for the assistance. Ray Stone wrote: > Hello- > > Is there a way to turn off automatic hyperlinking in Outlook, when using > HTML or RTF formatting? I've checked through help and looked at > autocorrect settings but have not found anything. > > Thanks for the assistance. Oops, I forgot to mention that this is Outlook 2003. ...

Using a cell to determine a value in a database query.
Hi folks, I've run into a problem recently - maybe there's no good answer, then again perhaps you can help me come to one. I have a spreadsheet on which There are three entry fields: start date end date store number I've managed to map start date to [startdate] in a query and end date to [enddate] - that seems to work fine. The problem I'm running into now has to do with the store number field. In the database, store number is a 4 character field, as of now the numbers of the store are like 01,02,03,04..HQ,RO. When I try to map store number to [storenum] in the query, I ...

query
Because the SQL I've written for a query calls on a database Proc., it can't be displayed graphically. Because of this, it won't let me use paramaters.... any suggestions on how to call a db. proc. and still use parameters? You could try using a question mark, e.g.: SELECT Invoices.InvID, Invoices.CustID, Invoices.InvDate FROM Invoices Invoices WHERE (Invoices.InvDate>?) Tom S wrote: > Because the SQL I've written for a query calls on a database Proc., it can't > be displayed graphically. Because of this, it won't let me use > paramaters.... any sug...

how do i refresh or sync all?
I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be concerned with this. Does Outlook deliver mail as soon as it is processed by the server or is it sent at preset intervals set by the administrator? Les perhaps you mean Send/Receive ? Still learning wrote: > I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like > Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be > concerned with this. Does Outlook de...

TEXT COLOR AUTOMATIC CHANGING
sir, when i write in cell yes text color green and no the color is red but i want the another cells text color change when write yes in cell a1 cells a2:a5 text color change please help Hi - select A1:A5 - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - choose 'Formula is' and enter the formula =$A1="Yes" - chhose your format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Muhammad Saqlain wrote: > sir, > when i write in cell yes text color green and no the color is red but > i want the another cells text color change when write yes in cell a1 > cells a2:a5 text colo...

Question about queries
I am trying to query a database that will include building some calculated fields. I am having trouble with the conditions I am trying to place on the calculations. An example is: IIf([recShortName]<>"sm/ WASH TRACTORS" OR "sm/WASH ALL TRAILERS" OR [recShortName] Not Like "bnsf*", Nz([bilUnit1],0)+Nz([bilUnit2,0),0) If the records recShortName is not "sm/WASH TRACTORS" OR "sm/WASH ALL TRAILERS" OR does not contain the text "bnsf" then I want to add the fields bilUnit1, bilUnit2, etc. The way I have it written above is obvious...

set enable & disable of button (VC 6.0)
Hello, For VC 6.0 (MFC) : How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? Thanks :) this is not going to work buddy ....... read a book ..... "Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:ewfJoieGHHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > For VC 6.0 (MFC) : > How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? > > Thanks :) > hi Eitan, Try following, //To Enable button...at run time ...IDB_MYBUTTON is ID of your botton GetDlgItem(IDB_MYBUTTON)->EnableWindow(TRUE); //To Disab...

Enable/disable EDIT Menu's PASTE item according to clipboarb's format
Env: Windows2000, VC++6.00, MFC, . I have a CView based application, which deals with BITMAP. Since application can receive pasting operation coming from clipboard only for BITMAP format, so I hope that ID_EDIT_PASTE item on "Edit" Menu and ID_EDIT_PASTE button on toolbar can be enabled/disabled automatically according to the current clipboard format. I know I can do that if I put IsClipboardFormatAvailable(CF_BITMAP) into ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_EDIT_PASTE, OnUpdateEditPaste) as follows, void CMainFrame::OnUpdateEditPaste(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable( IsClipboardFormatAva...

Automatic send receive not working
Hi My settings are all as they should be with regards the send immediatly when connected being ticked for all accounts, but mail just wont automatically be sent or recieved in outlook xp i have installed the latest service pack, but still no joy. Any ideas? Jamie onmedica <onmedica@community.nospam> wrote: > My settings are all as they should be with regards the send > immediatly when connected being ticked for all accounts, but mail > just wont automatically be sent or recieved in outlook xp i have > installed the latest service pack, but still no joy. Any ideas? Do...

Disable Automatic Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet with names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-Mail addresses. Is there ANY way to stop Excel 2003 SP2 from automatically turning the e-Mail addresses into Hyperlinks every dern time I copy the address or in any other manner make that cell active? TIA, Steve Try putting a single quote in front of the address. Not the best solution but it is what M$ recommends. -- Hope this helps Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand Please do not forget to rate this reply. "Og" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-Mail > address...