Empty full sheet charts

I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 on a Vista (32 bit)
machine, however, I quickly discovered that in Excel when I use the "Move
Chart" option to place a chart within a new sheet of its own the tab is
created as expected but it appears to be entirely empty. The chart has
disappeared from its original location though. In addition, any full sheet
charts within my old excel files also do not appear. Needless to say this is
a major bug which renders Excel entirely useless to me.

I had heard that this was a known problem within the beta but was believed
to have been fixed. Has anyone else experienced this behaviour and, more
importantly, does anyone know how this might be fixed?

dgc

0
dgc21 (3)
5/8/2007 11:43:17 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi dgc,

This works fine for me.

Couple of things to look at;
- do you still have Exel 2003 insalled? There can be probems with having
both Excel 2007 and 2003 installed, however they are both installed on my
machine and working well.
- do you have the problem even if you build a new workbook with a simple
chart and try to move the chart? If this works, it may indicate some other
problem with your original workbook.
- what add-ins and macros do you have running?

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

> I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 on a Vista (32 bit)
> machine, however, I quickly discovered that in Excel when I use the "Move
> Chart" option to place a chart within a new sheet of its own the tab is
> created as expected but it appears to be entirely empty. The chart has
> disappeared from its original location though. In addition, any full sheet
> charts within my old excel files also do not appear. Needless to say this
> is a major bug which renders Excel entirely useless to me.
>
> I had heard that this was a known problem within the beta but was believed
> to have been fixed. Has anyone else experienced this behaviour and, more
> importantly, does anyone know how this might be fixed?
>
> dgc

0
ed1304 (117)
5/9/2007 12:59:39 AM
I know this may be a silly question and I am only a newbie but could you not
just select copy on the entire old sheet and paste into the new one? That
way they should both exist if you are saving under different names. I would
expect that, if you use exactly the same name and save it, if the data
didn't come across, you wiped the old stuff. I hope you have a backup of it.
(all this presupposing that the one you copy from and one to are in the same
location, naturally)

"dgc" <dgc21@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 on a Vista (32 bit)
> machine, however, I quickly discovered that in Excel when I use the "Move
> Chart" option to place a chart within a new sheet of its own the tab is
> created as expected but it appears to be entirely empty. The chart has
> disappeared from its original location though. In addition, any full sheet
> charts within my old excel files also do not appear. Needless to say this
> is a major bug which renders Excel entirely useless to me.
>
> I had heard that this was a known problem within the beta but was believed
> to have been fixed. Has anyone else experienced this behaviour and, more
> importantly, does anyone know how this might be fixed?
>
> dgc

0
lrb1 (101)
5/9/2007 3:07:56 AM
Ed,

Thanks for your comments, however, unfortunately, they didn't solve the
problem.

- Office 2003 was installed but uninstalling Office 2003 made no difference.

- I probably wasn't clear in the original e-mail, but I get this problem
even if I create a new workbook with random numbers and try to create a
graph. It displays fine when embedded as a object in a worksheet, but
disappears when I move it to a new sheet.

- I have no macros running, but I do have a "Send to Bluetooth" Add-In
enabled. Unfortunately, I do not seem to be able to disable this through
Excel even though I certainly have no use for it. Possibly I can disable it
directly in the registry though.

I don't suppose you have any other suggestions?

"Ed Ferrero" <ed@edferreroremove.com> wrote in message
> Hi dgc,
>
> This works fine for me.
>
> Couple of things to look at;
> - do you still have Exel 2003 insalled? There can be probems with having
> both Excel 2007 and 2003 installed, however they are both installed on my
> machine and working well.
> - do you have the problem even if you build a new workbook with a simple
> chart and try to move the chart? If this works, it may indicate some other
> problem with your original workbook.
> - what add-ins and macros do you have running?
>
> Ed Ferrero
> www.edferrero.com
>

>> I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 on a Vista (32 bit)
>> machine, however, I quickly discovered that in Excel when I use the "Move
>> Chart" option to place a chart within a new sheet of its own the tab is
>> created as expected but it appears to be entirely empty. The chart has
>> disappeared from its original location though. In addition, any full
>> sheet charts within my old excel files also do not appear. Needless to
>> say this is a major bug which renders Excel entirely useless to me.
>>
>> I had heard that this was a known problem within the beta but was
>> believed to have been fixed. Has anyone else experienced this behaviour
>> and, more importantly, does anyone know how this might be fixed?
>>
>> dgc

0
dgc21 (3)
5/9/2007 6:52:42 PM
Thanks, but my existing files are only part of the problem. This problem
applies to all charts I attempt to make in Excel, no matter where the data
comes from. I simply cannot create a visible chart that takes up an entire
tab within a workbook.

"Diamontina Cocktail" <lrb@australia.com> wrote in message
>I know this may be a silly question and I am only a newbie but could you
>not just select copy on the entire old sheet and paste into the new one?
>That way they should both exist if you are saving under different names. I
>would expect that, if you use exactly the same name and save it, if the
>data didn't come across, you wiped the old stuff. I hope you have a backup
>of it. (all this presupposing that the one you copy from and one to are in
>the same location, naturally)
>

> "dgc" <dgc21@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 on a Vista (32 bit)
>> machine, however, I quickly discovered that in Excel when I use the "Move
>> Chart" option to place a chart within a new sheet of its own the tab is
>> created as expected but it appears to be entirely empty. The chart has
>> disappeared from its original location though. In addition, any full
>> sheet charts within my old excel files also do not appear. Needless to
>> say this is a major bug which renders Excel entirely useless to me.
>>
>> I had heard that this was a known problem within the beta but was
>> believed to have been fixed. Has anyone else experienced this behaviour
>> and, more importantly, does anyone know how this might be fixed?
>>
>> dgc

0
dgc21 (3)

Empty the Inbox
Is there a better way to empty all messages in the Inbox than holding down the Cntrl key? Just used the laptop after several months, and it downloaded all the old emails on the server. Using Windows Outlook Express. -- kbob This is not the Outlook Express newsgroup, but anyway: If you want to delete all the Inbox messages, highlight one header viewing in the Preview Pane, and Ctrl + A will highlight them all. Delete all in one motion. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "k. bob" <kbob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

linkingof charts in worksheets to cells
Hi Friends, I have copied some charts into the worksheets which I want to link to cells in the first sheet.I have too many charts to copy and paste into the worksheets.Is it possible to copy numerous charts into seperate worksheets (about 100 charts) as the charts are very large in size and link them to each cell in the first sheet. thanking you for you help ...

Values in charts
Hello - I need help in a chart I'm trying to create. I am new to this and what I'm trying to do is create a chart that will show me a set number, and the value of that number. Example: I have 10 apples and the value of those apples is 10.00. I want to see the number of apples and the value in the chart I'm creating. How can I create my chart to do this? When I try, the value appears, but the number to create the value doesn't show up in the chart. Hope I've made sense. I'm sure this is really easy but I'm having problems :) Thanks, Tami Tami - You ...

sql 2005 full-text search error while installing CRM 3.0
While installing Small business CRM 3.0 it checks prerequisites first one is full-text search, second one sql 2005 workgroup edition does not compliant with CRM (SQL 2005 is coming with Windows Small business server 2003 R2). Is there anybody who would have fix this problem before? i have same problems "Pleiades" wrote: > While installing Small business CRM 3.0 it checks prerequisites first > one is full-text search, second one sql 2005 workgroup edition does > not compliant with CRM (SQL 2005 is coming with Windows Small business > server 2003 R2). > > Is the...

EXCEL FORUM
My last 2 posts wouldn't let me post a portion of a sheet with row an column titles. It would make asking the wuestion so much easier t show it? I've seen it done. Help please! Healingbea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you can explain your problem in plain text, you'll get more reviewers. Many people won't open workbooks (too many threats of malicious code). And many people who use a newsreader and access the newsgroups directly (not via excelforum) won't even see your attachment. "Healingbear <" wrote: > > My last 2 post...

Looping until empty column
Here is my dilemma. I can do VBA in Access, but for some reason I jus don't get it in excel. What I want to do is go down a column and stor that info in a variable. I want this to happen untill there is no mor data. Once I have that data I want to go to another page and store th data in an empty column. I want the program to auto. find the empt column. Thank You in advance. thegu -- thegu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- theguz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2491 View this thread: http://www.excelforum....

Get name of active sheet
I have one sheet in my workbook named "Work Data". If this sheet is active, then the following expression Application.ActiveSheet.Name .... will return a string of "Work Data". However, I don't want the name of the string in the sheet tab, I want the name from my VBA project window (named Sheet1). How can I retrieve the VBA name of my sheet?? thank u Application.ActiveSheet.CodeName Be aware though that newly added sheets since the workbook was opened while the VBE is closed will not have a codeName. There are various workarounds to force one, ...

pst file appears empty
Hello all! I have a 450 MB pst file, that appears empty in OL98. I have run scanpst several times, did not help. I changed the first byte of the file from 21 to 00 with a hex editor and ran scanpst, it did report errors, fixed them and still no help. I tried exmerge, which reported succesful import, but did not actually retrieve anything from the pst file. Mdbvu32 also shows that the stuff is in there. It seems that the problem is quite common, but does anyone have a solution, how to fix it. Please help! Harri ...

trend chart with cummulative column
i would like to plot a chart that has combination of column trend chart, goal line chart and a cummulative column chart. Jan=1000/Feb=1500/Mar=1200/Apr=1500/May=1200/Jun=1000/Jul=1500/Aug=1400/Sep=1450/Oct=1250/Nov=1100/Dec=1200 Goal = 1500 for Jan to Dec YTD= Year to date If I use the same axis for the column trend chart and YTD column chart, the chart will be lobsided with YTD column so 'tall'. Hello: Plot the YTD on the secondary (right) axis). Pieter Vandenberg chiuinggum <chiuinggum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: : i would like to plot a chart that has combinati...

Opening a sheet
When I open up a named sheet sometimes it opens and then closes imediately shutting down excel all together and then restarting. What is the problem? It doesn't happen all the time only intermitantly. Eric ...

my Excel chart doesn't print as it appears on print preview
my Excel chart doesn't print out to fit the page as it apppears to do on print preview. It always comes out shrunk in size. Take a look at Page Setup and adjust it to get what you want. "Doug 1014" <Doug 1014@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCE3AC95-13EA-4418-891C-0D79A84EECCE@microsoft.com... > my Excel chart doesn't print out to fit the page as it apppears to do on > print preview. It always comes out shrunk in size. I have done this several times both by using % reduction to make it fit and also using "fit to page", still com...

Empty Cell not empty
If I use the following formula: =IF(B25="","",B25+C25) in Column U all the way down to Row 20000 to create a new value... (Column B has a date and Column C has a Time) and then copy and paste Column U to Column T as values, I see empty cells in Column T once my data runs out (presently around Row 40. However....if I use the CountA function,it is telling me that I have data in Column T all the way down to Row 20000. Since this combined Date/Time is being used as X Axis data it is screwing up the graph because Excel thinks those cells are Jan 1, 1900 when in fact...

macro to make different tabs in a same sheet
i have a column in my spreadsheet where there are different names can u suggest a macro which makes different tabs in that same exce workbook with the names of different ppl in front of names there is data, i want that data to be transferre also along with the respective names in that tab thank u frnd -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try this example The names are in column A of a sheet named Sheet1 Sub test() Dim cell As Range Dim WSNew As Worksheet For Each cell In Sheets("Sheet1").Columns("A").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) Set ...

Empty Excel file is too large
I have deleted all sheets, and contents from my excel file, but it's still 2Meg in size. When I zip it, it's only 90K Bytes. (A blank excel file is usually 90K Bytes) Why is my empty file so large? It was originally 5 Meg, and I deleted all sheets, formulas, and VB codes. Right now there is nothing (except one empty sheet), but the size is still 2M. Please respond. Sometimes what I find is that Excel counts unused rows as part of the file size. So what I do is highlight all the rows from the first unused one to the last one, i.e. ctrl+g to bring up the goto box, then Ax:a65536,...

Chart scale changes
Hello, I'm having difficulties with embedded charts on report figures I produce. They seem to change scale when I re-open them, so I am always having to re-adjust when editting them. The text boxes on the figures also move when I adjust the chart size. I used to get around this in Office 2000 by clicking the autoscale button in the chart formatting section, however, this box doesn't seem to exist in 2007. Any tips ? Regards, Steve D. Hello Steve D, in which product are you embedding the chart? If it is in Excel, you could use the camera tool instead to co...

Sheet Names will not display
Hey... the sheet names of my workbook will not display although=20 double click will edit them (as if they're displaying in white text). = Is this=20 the most likely answer - if so how can it be changed? No other help=20 files seemed to address this? T Have you been playing with any windows display settings? In win98, I can change this stuff under: Windows start button|settings|control panel|display applet Appearance tab Apply a built in scheme and see if that helps. If it does, you could rebuild any modifications at your leisure. My tip. In win98, there isn't a "reset to ...

How to set the chart position exactly?
Hi, I set the cursor in B8 cell. And tried to generate one bar chart. But it was not displaying in B8 cell. It was displaying in some other cell. How to make to sit this chart in exactly B8 position? Thanks.. Ram. -- ramkumar_cpt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ramkumar_cpt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28673 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521344 When you move your chart and resize it, hold down the Alt key, and the edges of the chart will stick to the cell bo...

Contacts dialogue box shows up empty
I have an issue with Outlook Pro installed on my main PC that is not recognizing contacts. They are all there, but when I try to send an email, and I select "to" the contacts dialogue box shows up empty. Thanks in advance, Jay Is the Contacts folder selected as an Address List? http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/contactsinaddressbook.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data ----- "Jay" <nospam_doctorpep...

ignoring empty???
Hi all, one of my students presented me with the following: "I get a list from another application. There is a column that has either value "yes" or looks like empty. Now, when I want to jump to the next row that has value "yes" I use the shortcut key Ctrl+ArrowDown. However, sometimes when a cell looks like empty there may be a space, with the result that when I need to jump to the next "yes" cell I end up in a cell that has a space. (one that looks empty) So, I used the function Trim to get rid of all the superfluous spaces in an extra column. And al...

refreshing charts
Hi I have several excel workbooks with charts and pivot charts, every few days i have to add few new entries to the tables\pivot tables the charts are associated with. the problem is that the charts aren't updated, i have to manually go to each chart and modify the range. in the pivot charts it's even more strange since only part of the chart is rfereshed when i click the refresh button so i have to manually chnage the source ranges for each charts. i have about 20 charts to update and i don't want to write a macro for this. is there any other option to automaticall...

How do i compare and remove common names from 2 excel work sheets
Task is to compare 2 excel worksheets containing humngus list of companies names' (approx word match only in each sheets); sort out and remove the common names from one work sheet. How would i get this done with the least effort possible? Kindly help! ...

empty in box
How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first? I can't find a "select all" choice. Can anyone share how to do this? Thanks, Linda Highlight one message header. Ctrl+A will highlight them all. Shift | Delete will bypass Deleted Items. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC17754D-E900-4E78-8F3F-766F73CB3410@microsoft.com... > How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first? I > can't > f...

Full Screen Forms in 2007
I recently upgraded to 2007...and I'm not entirely happy. I created all my forms in 2003 and had them all full screen, working the way I wanted clients to see them,. In 2007 I have the ribbon on top and the table/forms/reports/etc box on the left. How can I get the same form behavior I had in 2003? Bruce It's not intutitive, but possible: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb258192.aspx -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Bruce Rodtnick" <Rodtnick@comcast.net> wrot...

Write subtotals to another sheet
when I apply subtotals to data in a sheet can i write the results from level 2 to another sheet ? TKS Show the levels you want to copy (hide the other details). Create a new worksheet Back to the subtotal worksheet Select that range edit|goto|special check visible cells only copy that selection of visible cells. Paste into that new worksheet. Gerrym wrote: > > when I apply subtotals to data in a sheet can i write the > results from level 2 to another sheet ? > > TKS -- Dave Peterson ...

Administrator does not have permission for Full-Text Indexing in 2003
I recently installed a new Exchange 2003 server and can not get Full-Text Indexing to run. The domain administrator account (also listed as Exchange administrator "inherited" with full control) receives a "You do not have sufficient permissions" when trying to change the system utilization for full-text indexing. The 'create a full-text index' is greyed out. What's wrong? Thanks much for any advice whatever. Mark McWiggins 425-369-8286 (let ring) Please check to see if the symptoms/errors explained in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295921 apply to you. An...