emergency-hyperlink to another file in the same folder

I want to do hyperlink to another file in the same folder. I want t
transfer this folder to another computer, so I need the hyperlink t
include only the address to the folder and not to include all the path
could I do it?
thanks :

--
ditzafa
ditzafar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2947

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Right click on the hyperlink and select Edit hyperlink. Make sure the
Address filed contains only the filename. As long as the 2 files are in the
same folder, they will be linked correctly.

--
Ian
--

> I want to do hyperlink to another file in the same folder. I want to
> transfer this folder to another computer, so I need the hyperlink to
> include only the address to the folder and not to include all the path.
> could I do it?
> thanks :)
>

> --
> ditzafar
> ditzafar's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29475
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497497

0
me1 (409)
1/3/2006 11:06:33 AM
thanks it's works

Ian Wrote:
> Right click on the hyperlink and select Edit hyperlink. Make sure the
> Address filed contains only the filename. As long as the 2 files are i
> the
> same folder, they will be linked correctly.
>
> --
> Ian
> --
> "ditzafar" <ditzafar.211wpy_1136278802.5578@excelforum-nospam.com
> wrote in
> message news:ditzafar.211wpy_1136278802.5578@excelforum-nospam.com...
> >
> > I want to do hyperlink to another file in the same folder. I want to
> > transfer this folder to another computer, so I need the hyperlink to
> > include only the address to the folder and not to include all th
> path.
> > could I do it?
> > thanks :)
> >

> > --
> > ditzafar

> > ditzafar's Profile:
> > http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29475
> > View this thread

ditzafa
ditzafar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2947
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49749

Thanks for the feedback

--
Ian
--

> thanks it's works
>
> Ian Wrote:
>> Right click on the hyperlink and select Edit hyperlink. Make sure the
>> Address filed contains only the filename. As long as the 2 files are in
>> the
>> same folder, they will be linked correctly.
>>
>> --
>> Ian
>> --
>> "ditzafar" <ditzafar.211wpy_1136278802.5578@excelforum-nospam.com>
>> wrote in
>> message news:ditzafar.211wpy_1136278802.5578@excelforum-nospam.com...
>> >
>> > I want to do hyperlink to another file in the same folder. I want to
>> > transfer this folder to another computer, so I need the hyperlink to
>> > include only the address to the folder and not to include all the
>> path.
>> > could I do it?
>> > thanks :)
>> >

>> > --
>> > ditzafar

>> > ditzafar's Profile:
>> > http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29475
>> > View this thread:
>> http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497497
>> >

> --
> ditzafar
> ditzafar's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29475
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497497

0
me1 (409)

share permissions get added to file permissions
Hi, Has the "best practices" for share permissions been chaged after all these years? As of my Windows 2000 certification I have been taught that the proper way to set permissions for the users on a server is to have the permissions set at the filesystem level and not at the share. Share permissions should simply be set to everyone (or all users) FC unless there is a good reason to do so otherwise. And let me tell you as an admin I have had only negative experiences when I've set the share permisions to a lowel level. It's a pain to finaly trace the problem why...

Problems converting Money 98 File to Money 2004
I am trying to convert a Money 98 file from one computer to a Money 2004 file on another. When it nears the end of the conversion process, it just hangs. It happens whether I try it directly on the mny file or on the backup files. My only recourse is to kill 2004 in task manager. Any thoughts? In microsoft.public.money, evvb wrote: >I am trying to convert a Money 98 file from one computer to a Money 2004 file >on another. When it nears the end of the conversion process, it just hangs. >It happens whether I try it directly on the mny file or on the backup files. >My ...

Excel .tmp files
I am not being allowed to "save as" over an old file, .tmp files are then created in the folder. Whatm is the problem. The error message says it is read only, but it is not. I've never seen excel try to save over a file when it was readonly. It gives a warning and shows the SaveAs dialog. Are you sure the message was that the file was readonly? Just some info: When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name--but I've never seen it use a .tmp extension. If the save is successful, xl will delete the original and if that's successful, xl...

Creating a COM object out of TLB file within an MFC Extension DLL
Hi, I am trying to create a global(!) com object (from an Automation Server) using it's olb (type library) file only. My project is an MFC extension DLL (!). I tried many ways but the DLL crashed giving me these kind of errors: "First-chance exception in SUA_Test.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception." I am trying to create a WRQ Reflection object, but I guess the problem is conceptual. Here is my code fragment (look for the "crash" comment): **************************************************** #include "stdafx.h" #include <afxd...

.pst File Problems #2
I have a couple of personal folders that point to .pst files that no longer exist, is there a way to get rid of these references. They don't appear in the "Outlook Data Files" window. Jay You can either recreate your mail profile by going to Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... Or search for the references to these files in the registry (make a backup first of that regkey!) [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles] -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Wh...

Format issues when saving file from .docx to doc
I am having formatting issues when saving a file into a previous version of Word. The oriiginal document was created with the 2007 version and when I "save as" 97-2003 version, it seems to lose the orignal format. It actually puts the page number onto the next page but not at the top like you would assume...it pushes it between text. Almost like the page margins at the bottom are increased. I have tried to delete and cut and then paste but it has changed the page size...or so it seems. I hope this makes sense Why bother? There is compatibility pack for users of pre...

Display As = File as & (address in parens)
I just moved all my contacts into a new .pst file (I'm using OL 2003) and something changed. I USED TO have "Display As" show only the person's name, and not the person's name PLUS the email address in parens as the default does. In other words, default would show "JOHN SMITH (johnsmith@aol.com)". But when I created all those entries, I changed them to show only "JOHN SMITH". In my new file, Outlook has changed all my "Display As" entries to the default: name AND email address. It's not how I want it, so I'm hoping there'...

File Properties
Is there a way to change the details in the Summary tab of the File Properties dialog box (e.g. Title / Keywords / Comments) through using a macro? Thanks, Andrew activeworkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("title") = "Test book" -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3986D848-BF81-4120-A878-D9B3E80E1A1D@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the details in the Summary tab of the File > Properties dialog box (e.g. Title / Keywords / Comments) thr...

error opening excel file #2
hi! i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do you want to continue loading the project?" i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error log is being created" what happen to the excel file? the excel file is only 2.6Mb Hi jp- Without a lot more detail, one can only guess, but here are a couple of ideas. 1) The file may be damaged or corrupted in some way. Pe...

Im wanting to down load a file where i can go in and make my own .
Im wanting to know what file i can download so i can make my own business cards There are a multitude of templates within Publisher. Always post what version you are using. Hey David, missed you... Everyone said you abandoned us to go to Serif. How are things down under? I hear the Aussie PM is still on Bush's side... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "��MS-Publisher��" <brains@here.com> wrote in message news:OVYylLGqEHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > There are a multitude of templates wit...

Moving information from one spreadsheet to another
I was having problems finding my information in excel but I finally reformatted my spreadsheet and was able to find what i was looking for. However I need to move the information I found either to another spreadsheet or even copy it to word but it won't let me do anything with it. It's basically just found with no purpose of action beyond just seeing it. Any suggestions anyone. Sharing, What have you tried so far? Highlighting, Copy, then past to another worksheet? Are you moving all or just part of it. Have you checked protection on either or both sheets? ...

File Open Dialog Problem
Hello Dears, I am using WINCE 5 with SMDK2442. My problem is I am developing an application that i replace with explorer in common.reg to start on startup. When i Build the NK and burn it works fine. But problem is when i try to open file using Open File Dialog the dialog does not appears. I included shell into the NK and when i put explorer.exe as startup application its works fine and all file dialogs apears fine. But when i replace explorer with my startup.exe it does not display Open File Dialog. So please help me. thanks in advance Regards Nomi -- Nomi Message po...

Access project image files
I have a sql2000 database with a Access 2003 project front end that I am trying to update to a vb.net front end application. In the access data project, word documents were inserted into the database as "image" files. Does anyone know how to open these in .net? I received a request in vb.net2008 to import a reference to "Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Images.ImageControl" but can find nothing about this anywhere. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. I suspect you'd be better off asking in a newsgroup related to .Net. By the way, if you feel you need to post to mor...

"Another software is attempting to access my contact list" message
I am using Outlook 2002 SP3 on WinXP. Recently (I believed) after installing SP3, every time I create a new mail or reply/forward a mail, I get a message that "a software is attempting to access my contact list. Do I want to allow it to access" or something sounding simialr. At furst I thought it was due to IHateSpam4 software that I had installed in my system. However I have contacted their support and ended up deleting IHateSpam from my system and completely cleaned all registry entries relating to it. Still I get the same message with new mail creation. Can someone tell ...

Copy Rectangle Object From One Sheet To Another
I am accumulating various bar charts (constructed from Excel rectangles) into a single report. Is there a way to collect each "bar" (all the data cells plus the appropriately-sized rectangles) into their respective places on my Summary report? (I know how to get the cell data copied, but am not familiar with retrieving objects and making sure they are the right size and in the right place. Thank you. George ...

I cannot view all of my song files from my mp3 in WMP 11
I cannot view all of my song files from my mp3 device. My computer recognizes the device, I can sync to it just fine, but there are duplicates of songs I want to erase, but WMP won't let me recognize them. My mp3 displays 1. Artist 2. Album 3. Song i. e. Depeche Mode Music For The Masses Strangelove I want to erase the song i.e. Depeche Mode Unknown Music For The Masses Are there options to view all files. I cannot seem to view unknown artists or unknown albums. I want to be able to do this to remove mistakenly mislabeled songs. Anybody have any id...

Spell checking in another language
How can I set Outlook (OL 2003 with Business Contact Manager, Windows XP Pro) to spell check in a different language than English, French or Spanish? Whether I use plain text OL e-mail or write e-mail using Word, my only choices to spell check are the above. I have installed/activated Norwegian language and I am able to spell check documents written in Word using this language. Why can't I spell check in Norwegian before sending an OL e-mail. ...

Copy answer to another worksheet
I would like to create a workbook of several worksheets that sum different things and have one worksheet that displays all of the totals. I.e: Have Worksheet A, Worksheet B, Worksheet C each calculate totals and then have the totals carried over to Worksheet D. How would I do this? click onto the cell in D where you want the total from A to show. enter = and go to the cell on A and click onto the cell with the total. press enter .............done one.........etc Regards Bill K "mjohnson0321" <mjohnson0321@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B74EAEE-5D70-...

Another pointer please
If I have textual and numeric data entered into several columns directly, or entered into an Excel Form, can someone please give me a pointer to what I should research to enable me to take the entries and process them into the appropriate HTML source which I have developed to use them. The html works fine when the data is directly entered by someone having the appropriate HTML knowledge, but I would like to automate it as much as possible to minimize the HTML expertise level required by the user. Thanks Brian Tozer Hi Brian, > to enable me to take the entries and process them into...

Needs help filing electronically withing GreatPlains
Hi I want to know if there is a way to automate the submission of 1099 tax forms directly to the IRS from GreatPlains. I am using Dynamics GP 9.0. Can you please tell me what we need to do in Great Plains to make this happen? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks http://www.greenshades.com/ Works like a charm! I concur. Greenshades is the only solution that integrates with GP (that I've ever heard of). -- Charles Allen, MVP "MichaelJ" wrote: > http://www.greenshades.com/ > > Works like a charm! > We're using a PC software package called Account ...

Merge two excel files
I have two excel files with the same cell layout. Some of the entries in the first file are identical to the second file. How do I merge the two files so that the resulting file has no duplicates? Thanks in advance. Tom -- So long and thanks for all the fish! Tom, Copy the entries from the second file into the first, below the other entries (don't copy the header row). Then save the file under a new name. I'm going to assume that your data starts in cell A2, with headers in row 1, and extends down the page. In a column to the right of the data table, enter a formul...

Automatic document file name & path in all new document footers
Will an Office template or other function enable automatic footers on all new documents that includes the file name and path? How? Yes, if you add the Filename \p field to the template footer. It's not advisable to do this in the Normal template, however. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dora the Explorer" <Dora the Explorer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6569F09-768E-4F1C-9C31-366EB9290794@microsoft.com... > Will an Office template or other function enable aut...

sent messages are not saved in the sent items folder
Hi! With no special reson, and with everything configured the way it should be my outlook 2002 just stopped saving the sent messages in my sent items folder any idea? Thanks in advance, Nir. There is a setting for that. You might want to check it just to be sure. Under Tools, Options, Preferences, Email Options, there is a box that says "Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder". Is that checked? >-----Original Message----- >Hi! >With no special reson, and with everything configured the way it should be >my outlook 2002 just stopped saving the sent messages...

Open Pub 2000 files in Pub 2002
I have tons of files created in Publisher 2000 and need to open them in Publisher 2002...any help? Are you getting an error? Do you have Norton? Disable "script blocking" and try again. If that doesn't work disable "Office Plug-ins" as well in Norton options. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "becky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bed01c4a6fd$32e2af30$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I have tons of files created in Publisher 2000 and need > to open them ...

How do I change the default email Template folder in Outlook? (nt)
Why do you think that's something you want to do?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "corn" <corn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:B6BFA326-22FD-467B-B2E6-49E076D388F5@microsoft.com... > I like to save these for easy access, so I can attach them to email without thumbing through several folders. On to...