Embedded Excel file gridlines printing #2

I have an embedded Excel file in word and when I go to print, it i
printing with the gridlines.  In excel I have the gridlines turned of
and it is still not working.

HELP!

Thank

--
tanyhar
tanyhart's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3514

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Open the Excel file in the Word document and turn off the gridlines.  I
it's still a problem, open the Excel file in the Word document an
change the gridline color to white

--
SA
SAR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3417

Extracting embedded photos
Not sure this is a conversion issue, but don't know where to post it. Before I learned the hard way, I embedded photos in a database, linked to another database for display. I've reached the database size limit and realize I should have linked the photos instead. (original photos not available) Any ideas on a process to run thru the embedded photos and convert them back to original jpg - the manual process is too massive an effort. Thanks See http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:18:01 -0700, bigitch <bigitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not ...

windows excel to mac excel

How to merge two Excel Files. #2
im using Office XP, and i have some data in 4to5 different files, i want ot merge all that files, can anybody help me.... thax in advance. Brijesh Parmar --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003 The big question is whether your files have "similar or the exact same (hopefully) layout. If the latter, I'd just create a new workbook and copy and paste each of your 5 to the new master <<a simplified approach>>. "Brijesh" <parmarb...

Help
I have a monthly process where I bring a range of cells into a spreadsheet (copy-paste) and I need the information to be numbers but it is created (out of my control) as text such as... '1.23 '1.24 '1.25 and so on for about a hundred rows It is really cumbersome to have to keep pressing F2 to edit, home to get to the ' and then delete and enter to remove the ' mark and convert the text to a number I used the Macro recorder (with relative value set) but it picks up the absolute value of the first cell and then when I run the macro it puts that value into each cell What I...

embedded database
We are developing software applications for Insurance agents that will reside on their laptops and desktops. We are looking for recommendation on which client side embedded database to use in our application. I was wondering if anyone knows what Intuit uses in their product or what Microsoft uses for MS Money. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Paul Money uses MSISAM. Little is known about this--it apparently is a closed-up version of the Jet database used by MS Access. "P Gupta" <pkgupta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:qd7qc.318$eQ3.177@newss...

excel money addin should have time series data
can i get time series data from msn money excel addin?? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=bf0b8395-dfc4-42da-87d6-2c9ce55f315c&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc Can you be more specific? D...

Compare two text files and output third
I have the following code: Do Until objInput.AtEndOfStream strLine = objInput.ReadLine ' Skip blank lines. If (Trim(strLine) <> "") Then ' Parse the fields in the file. arrValues = CSVParse(strLine) 'Copyright (c) 2007 Richard L. Mueller Hilltop Lab web site - http://www.rlmueller.net ' Set variables for each field read from file. strCount = strCount +1 strFirst = arrValues(0) strSecond = arrValues(1) strThird = arrValues(2) strFourth = arrValues(3) Set objCFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile("File2.txt", ForReading) ' Next ...

Excel 2007 Macro Recorder not recording shapes
Hello, I am trying to figure out why my Excel macro recorder is not recording creation of any shapes or changes to existing shapes. I started the macro, and drew a rectangle and stopped it. This is all the code I get. I like to see the syntax for shapes and I am unable to see maybe there is some problem with macro recorder. Please help! Thanks! Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro3 Macro ' ' ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=25 End Sub Regards, Jaan On Feb 14, 2:35=A0pm, jaanbazz <jaanb...@domain-xyz.in> wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to figure out why...

Macros in Excel #5
How can i create a macro that changes what is in a drop down box by what is selected in another dropdown box? You could record a macro of your changing the validation list. However, you can do it without a macro using the technique here: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html In article <558CC81E-4F2C-4A4C-B9A6-0B8E533722D2@microsoft.com>, "alhawtin" <alhawtin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can i create a macro that changes what is in a drop down box by what is > selected in another dropdown box? ...

exporting outlook contact files
tells me files are read only. what to do ...

Sync. question for .pst file. #3
If anyone can help, I would like to sync my .pst file from my office PC to my laptop. Now I am using the sync program in Windows 2K and I get the error that says this type of file is unable to be Synchronized. I have done this before, I know you can go into the Registry and change what types of files can and can't be Synchronized. Can anyone tell me where that setting is. It's been a while since I had to do this and I completely forgot. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. P.S. Running Win 2K and Office 2003. ...

How to recognize whether file has XML format or not?
How to recognize whether file has XML format or not? Here is the code segment: XmlDocument* pDomDocument = new XmlDocument(); try { pDomDocument->Load(strFileName ) ; } catch(Exception* e) { .... } Of course if we try to load non XML file, the exception will be thrown. However exception might be thrown in other cases as well (File doesn't exist etc) I need identify the specific case when attempt was made to load non XML file. Seems to me XmlException class doesn't provide that kind of details. Any other ideas how can I accomplish the same goal? Thanks in advance Hi Dale ...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

embedded manifest
How can modify the embedded manifet for MFC Standard DLL and MFC Application to set: <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker|highestAvailable|requireAdministrator" uiAccess="true|false"/> Hi Don ...

Subtotal In Excel 2007 Table
How do I use the Subtotal function with a Excel 2007 Table and not convert it back to a range? TIA ...

How can I print email without the date on the header and footer?
Already disabled the text in header and footer of outlook and IE. Thanks You can't, not using outlook's printing capabilities. see if http://www.outlookprinter.com/ does what you need. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to ...

Exciter: Custom Excel Applications!
If anyone is interested in a new site offering custom-built excel macros for every use, please visit www.exciter.gr. We offer good quality tools, priced by the project and not by the hour. Please visit www.exciter.gr to download demos and learn more. ...

how do i make a CVS file from an excel sheet
i have names and numbers in an excel sheet and want to save them as a CSV format so i can export them to a software i have instead of adding them one by one to the software but when i save on excel as CSV it says (this file may contain features that are not compatible with CSV (Comma delikited).... Hi, Just a thought ... Try copy all cells and then paste into notepad. or save as a text file - Mark >-----Original Message----- >i have names and numbers in an excel sheet and want to save them as a CSV >format so i can export them to a software i have instead of adding them on...

Can Excel do this?
I have exported +7000 Tracks and Artists from a program. I want to print a book which would read/look better if I could hide all after the first instance of the Artist. i.e.: Abba Dancing Queen Take A Chance on Me Waterloo Aerosmith Billy's Got a Gun Love in an Elevator Sweet Emotion etc. Could Excel hide any instance after the first of the Artist or delete it. (Obviously if deleted I would need to maintain the original file for sorting purposes) I would import the sorted Excel file(s) into a p...

Converting Excel 97files to Excel 95
I have Excel 95 but never need to use Excel, so I have no reason to upgrade. Occasionally I get an attachment in my email that is an Excel 97 file, but I can't open it with Excel 97. Is there a converter that goes backwards, from Excel 97 to Excel 95. Thanks, Jim Jim, There is no backwards converter. If you don't want to upgrade but do want to open and view later version files, try here........ http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN John "jim hinds" <jjhinds@wt.net> wrote in message ...

import pdf file in word
How can I import a PDF file in MSWord, even as a picture (not for editing)? If you have Acrobat Standard or Pro you can save the .pdf as a picture. (I just checked Adobe Reader 6.0 - you CANNOT do it there.) If you don't have Acrobat, any chance you have another Adobe product? I know I can save a .pdf as a .jpg in Photoshop Elements so I'll assume the same holds true for other Adobe products. If your answer is no to all of the above, you could print it out and scan it in. Or you can make a friend with someone who has Acrobat. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "...

Embedding a CRichEditView in a CDialogBar
Anyone ever done this successfully before. I create the dialog with a richeditview using the resource editor VC6 and VC2003. Program compiles and links okay, program exits when it fails to create the dialog bar. Regards, Josh I think you need to call AfxInitRichEdit/AfxInitRichEdit2. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Josh Washington" <joshwashington@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:c8ZVb.49861$Wa.16696@news-server.bigpond.net.au... | Anyone ever done this successfully before. | I create the dialog with a richeditview using the resource editor VC6 and | V...

XP confirm to open downloaded file
Using XP sp3 Pro. When I download any file, for instance, a jpg/jpeg/gif image, when I try to open that image I get the open file security warning 'Do you want to open this file?'. There is a checkbox (Always ask before opening this file) and regardless of whether it is ticked or not I still get the open file confirmation dialogue showing itself everytime I download any file and try to open it. Now how can I stop this confirmation. Everytime I download an image and open it I have to untick this confirmation dialogue. In Folder Options>File Types tab>Jpg and jpeg ext...

Quotes - Invoices
Hi, I am looking for a better print view for individual quotes - invoices - orders in CRM that shows the price list items that are in the quote, not just the total price of all the quoted items. i'm looking for a tool (preferably free) that will help give me a comprehensive printout of this entities. Is anyone else attempting to use CRM to replace legacy quoting tools and running into this problem? I have started working on creating a SQL Reporting Services report to do this and it looks promising. I think it will work when I am finished. Hi Anthony, you might want to try the ...

Excel
I just had an excel upgrade and can't find the way to add arrows to a cell. I old excel the result was to up and down arrows, at the side of the cell, which would allow the user to click up or down to change the cell value... Insert a Spin Button from Forms Toolbar or Control Toolbox. Assuming upgrade means 2007 version....... Click on Developer Tab and in Controls category Insert>Form Controls. Select the spin button and place it where you want. Right-click and Format Control. Pick a cell to link. If you don't see Developer Tab on Ribben go to Button>Ex...