editting auto recovery

Hello,

is it possible to change the auto recovery directory just for one document
and is also possible to ensure that the auto recovery file is not deleted
after the file is closed?

Cheers

0
Hcoms
5/20/2004 4:04:52 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
AFAIK this is not possible. But you may consider using the following
add-in:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Hcoms wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to change the auto recovery directory just for one
> document and is also possible to ensure that the auto recovery file
> is not deleted after the file is closed?
>

> Cheers

0
frank.kabel (11126)

auto reply
How can i setup a mailbox that will accept messages from external users, autoreply to the sender with a message,and forward. I have done this via rules wizard in OLK 2000 however my e-mail address is in the from box and it only works while i'm logged on... Thanks ...

I have Microsoft 2003 stu edition but I don't have Microsoft Publi
So I need Microsoft publisher and I have NO idea how to get it!Because ithought it came with microsoft 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/compare.mspx -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User "Chang Choe" <Chang Choe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96CE894F-B65E-4178-9991-CE6F5278DB72@microsoft.com... > So I need Microsoft publisher and I have NO idea how to get it!Because > ithought it came with microsoft 2003. Before buying software, you should always read the box carefully. If you buy it online, you need to read the specs ...

Recovery Exchange 5.5
Hi, I am use Window NT4 Service Pack 6 and Exchange server 5.5 and now my Window NT can't start up (cannot repair it) But I can copy the exchange data to the other diskdrive - May I can use exchange copy data to recovery the exchange server 5.5 in my new Window NT and How I Can Do ? Hello I am not sure I completely understand your question. I believe you are indicating; 1. Running Windows NT 4.0 SP6 with Exchange 5.5 2. You had a disaster which leaves you unable to start the original server. 3. You have copied of the Exchange 5.5 databases 4. Want to know how to recover from this e...

Vista Home Premium / Dell Vostro 200
I'm getting nowhere with this ! Have been Googling, and hunting around this PC looking for something that looks like it might be missing, or simply never included in the first place ! I was guessing that this PC came with a leaflet, and/or advice usually along the lines of, "The first thing you must do is create a 'Recovery Disc set,' " Well, I have scoured through, for ages, what's installed on this DELL PC and I'm darned if I can see it ! I wanted to make a "Recovery Disc Set" that could, if necessary, restore the Recovery Partition,...

using rich edit in CDialog
I cannot get rich edit control to work in CDialog, this is wierd because other common controls like date time picker or calendar do work. Can anybody please post an example ----- victor platt wrote: ---- I cannot get rich edit control to work in CDialog, this is wierd because other common controls like date time picker or calendar do work. Can anybody please post an exampl Hi you first call AfxInitRichEdit( ); function in your OnInttDialog function. With Regards R.Selva victor, You must initialize the rich edit with AfxInitRichEdit in InitInstance of your applic...

sales tax auto calculate does not give you a message
If you have a negative line item on your SOP transaction, your line item tax amounts will be recalculated at the summary level. We would like a message box to open that tells you this is occuring. Steps to replicate this behavior: Enter Negative Line Item Taxes: You must have a tax schedule set up that uses 0% or $0 in the set up 1. Enter a SOP Invoice with a negative quantity amount. 2. Open the Sales Item Detail Entry window. 3. Enter -$5.00 in the Calculated Tax field. 4. In the Sales Line Item Detail Tax entry window select your Tax Schedule and enter -$5.00 in the tax amount f...

publisher, wrong edition?
im trying to open a file i made in publisher at college but when i try and open it at home off my pen drive its saying i can open the file from another version, is there anything i can do? At college, save the file in the version of Publisher you have at home. -- Don Vancouver, USA "jessica" <jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7222AD16-3FE4-447C-B239-FB4A48E1DF1A@microsoft.com... > im trying to open a file i made in publisher at college but when i try and > open it at home off my pen drive its saying i can open the file from > another &g...

No Field Edit capability
I have a large data file as the parent, left joined to a child table which is many to one. and the parent also joined to a sub query that counts the number of records in the parent that match the child. when I run the query it delivers all the data in a table but it will not allow me to edit or change any of the records. I have tried all the record locking options and also looked in the Tool/options/Advanced tab for those settings and still I am unable to change a field. Help please....... -- Thank you "WT" <WT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Edit Links in excel....Urgnet..
Hi, I have data in Excel file and I have linked to data in some other Excel File. Whenever I opened file I will not get automatically updated the links, every time it ask for edit link and also ask for data source to get link update. Please advice me... Best regards vishu ...

turn off auto-archiving
we have some users who get the popup about auto-archiving their email, which we do not want them to do. can that be disabled so that no user in the company gets that message? outlook 2003, exchange 2003. that's a client-side configuration...don't know if there's a way to disable that centrally... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Gary M" <garym_jacksonfurniture(removespam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uyBKV0mZHHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > we have some users who get the popup about auto-archiving their email, > which we do not want them to do. &g...

Incorrect Account Appearing on General Transaction Edit List
If I go into my General Ledger and view a certain entry, on the input screen, it lists the correct accounts. However, if I print the edit list, one of the accounts is incorrect. In fact, it is an account that doesn't exist in our system. As shown in transaction entry screen: 51-6021-3500 Disability Insurance $478.24 12-1296-0000 Intercompany Rec/Pay - $478.24 As printed on edit list: 51-6021-1000 Disability Insurance $478.24...

Duplicating a record leaving one field blank for editing
Hi - I've seen many different posts regarding duplicating a record - I am able to do this fine, however I do have a need to leave one of the fields (Position.NewLineNo) blank so that the user can fill it in. This field is not a primary key - I have a PositionID field which uses the autonumber feature. Since my VBA skills are not very advanced I'm looking for a solution to leave the field blank. I've included the code that I am using. This code is using a cmd button with the OnClick() event: Private Sub cmdDuplicateRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdDuplicateRecord_Click...

Report Sorting/Grouping statement too long to edit
The too long to edit Statement is: =IIf([Rcd]<=36,(2*[Rcd]+5-((([Rcd]-1) Mod 12))), _ IIf([Rcd]>36,IIf(Int((([Rcd]-((([Rcd]-1) Mod _ 6)+1))/6)/2)= _ (([Rcd]-((([Rcd]-1) Mod 6)+1))/6)/2,(-2*[Rcd]+150)+ _ (((([Rcd]-37) Mod 6)*3)-9),((-2*[Rcd])+150)+ _ (((([Rcd]-37) Mod 6)*3)-15)),0)),"") The statement can be broken into two parts at the second IIf. But then I don't know how to take the output of the first statement and feed it into the second statement. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Chuck This looks like a "business rule" type expression. Create a sm...

Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition cannot connect to Exchange Server 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have been using Entourage 2008 to connect to our Exchange server since it's release (part of Office 2008) and I have recently followed the instructions to update it to the Web Services Edition. I am now unable to connect to my Exchange account with this version but as soon as I re-install the 'normal' version of Entourage 2008 everything works. <br><br>Is there something I need to enable on the Exchange 2007 server to allow the Web Services Edition to connect? ...

Editing NDR
It has been requested to me to be able to edit the NDR when an email is sent to someone that is no longer in our organization. They just want to add a phone contact in case an email is sent to an unknown mailbox. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks. ...

Recovery Group Question
Hi all, My boss asked me to figure out an interesting question and I didn't know the answer. Say we have an Exchange 2000 server and something happens and we need to move it to an Exchange 2003 box. Assume that there are no backups, but we have the Exchange database files, and logs, are we able to use the recovery groups in Exchange 2003 to mount an Exchange 2000 database? Before I get flamed here, no this hasn't happened and yes we backup ALL of our servers...so this is more of a functional question, will it work? Thanks! Michael Fairly certain this will work with Exch...

Turn off � auto-format
Please help- a new 'feature' in excel 2002 creates a � (copyrigh symbol) if I type (c) or (C) in a cell. This is extremely frustrating as almost 1/3 of the data calls I am creating contain either of thos two. This is a huge spreadsheet, and the find/replace routine i really ticking me off. if you even copy/paste the (c) it will change t a �. How can I turn off the auto-complete? There isn't even an "und auto-format" option! Any help would be appreciated- thanks -- oldbenwa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- oldbenway's Profile: ...

MS Query instead of "Edit OLE DB Query"
Hello all, I am having a problem with editing some existing queries within Excel 2003 workbooks. When clicking on the "Edit Query" button from the External Data toolbar, I now get the "Edit OLE DB Query" dialog box, instead of MS Query, which was the interface that I previously would get. Is there a way to switch this back? I have been using Office 2003 on Windows XP Pro SP2. I recently had Microsoft Update upgrade my version of Office 2003 from SP2 to SP3. The problems appear to have started after that. I can still create new queries in Excel using MS Query, which is...

implementing auto-cc to certain mail accounts?
Hi all, I wonder if there's any way to enforce certain users to automatically cc their mails to designated email addresses? My company wants control over information flow both in and out of the company mail server. Is there any way to achieve this through server-side settings? -- Yours Sincerely, Y.H. Lee ...

auto save path
How do I change a non-existing auto save path in Excel? I missed a backslash when I wrote the path, but it was accepted by Excel. Now I cannot change it. Puk Are you referring to Tools>Options>Save "Autorecovery"? You can enter a path in the dialog box. Note: this is not "Autosave" Autosave saves the file at timed increments you set. This feature was done away with in Excel 2002 and 2003. Autosave for Excel 97 and 2000 does not have a user-selected path. It defaults to your Tools>Options>General "default file location". Gord Dibben Excel MVP...

Two users on a network editing documents simultaneously in word 20
My office just upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007. We are on a network and share access to Word files. In Word 2003, if one user tried to open a file in which another user was working, a message would appear stating that the file was "locked for editing by (user)." It seems that with Word 2007, any user can open a file (and edit it) while another user is doing so as well. We do not want this to be the case, and just want the settings to be as they were with Word 2003 (i.e. if a document is in use, another user cannot access it simultaneously). Ideally, we'd lik...

outlook auto-complete and global address list issue with display n
Hi all, We have a strange issue which has started to occur with auto-complete in outlook 2003. We don't think its an outlook issue but rather a GAL issue. When someone sends an email and types in the first few characters autocomplete displays a display name similar to this - Bloggs, Joe <Joe.Bloggs00120540> This has only started to occur in the last couple of days. Anyone experienced this and found out what causes it? Thanks in advance. Hello: Does this issue happen in Outlook NON-cached mode also? Does the e-mail get delivered to the recipient anyway? ...

Registry editing
When I tried to follow the instructions contained in knowledge base article 270060, I can't find the Today folder in the following address: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0 \Outlook\Today. My problem is that I can't get access to Outlook Today and I have tried some of the other knowledge base suggestions with no success. Please help me!! Thanks ...

Editing individual pages when using merge fields
So I am making a catalog of sorts. (Actually it is a Class Reunion book of classmates) I am merging data from a Excel database into the catalog. Each item (Class-member) is to have its own page I have set up a Publisher "form" where I have inserted the merge fields where I would normally want them displayed. My problem is some items in the database do not have all the fields filled in. The Class-members opted to not fill them in. Some will need more pictures inserted and text blocks will need to be moved to accommodate that. So, if I complete a merge and go to a page where I...

whenever i want to edit the doc it says modification is not allow.
im unable to edit an existing document or want to write in a new document where it shows me at the buttom of the page "modification is not allow because selection is blocked" ! what should i do to unblock it as im also using the ms office trail version? Assuming that you have activated the application, it is almost certain that the trial version has now expired. You only get one trial so now is the time to buy. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP ...