editting auto recovery

Hello,

is it possible to change the auto recovery directory just for one document
and is also possible to ensure that the auto recovery file is not deleted
after the file is closed?

Cheers

0
Hcoms
5/20/2004 4:04:52 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
AFAIK this is not possible. But you may consider using the following
add-in:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Hcoms wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to change the auto recovery directory just for one
> document and is also possible to ensure that the auto recovery file
> is not deleted after the file is closed?
>

> Cheers

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Auto populate multiple fields from related table
Hi there , I have Incident entity which has 1:N relationship with a Custom table (Part Master). Lookup field is created on Part # on the Incident form, When I open a new Incident , on entering the Part # I would like to display whole bunch fields on the Incident form from the related Part Master. Also would like to assign some of these fields to the Incident record. Any ideas how can this be done ? Any help is appreicated. Thank you in advance. Gustho To do this you will need to write a javascript for the part onchange event to call the CrmWebservice retrieve the selected entity ...

editting auto recovery

Auto Reply #4
I currently administrate a 2003 Exchange server. I would like to set up an email auto reply for a user. Is it possible to initiate the auto reply at the Exchange server rather then having to set up the "Out of Office Assitant" on the users work station? Thanks in advance. No. Any rules such as this are going to be initiated by the mail client. It should be possible to set up a server-side rule that will run when Outlook is closed, but the rule itself must be created using Outlook. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Tibor" <Tibor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

retrieving auto archive emails
I cannot find or access any of my auto archived emails in Outlook 2003. How can I restore these emails and move them to my outlook Personal Folders? What operating system are you using? Where are these archive .psts kept? If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system files when you search your hard drive using Windows Search. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: diane <diane.riff@sbcglobal.net> asked: | I cannot find or ac...

BOM & Edit List

auto forward email can not go to internet, or to internal email user
we are using exchange 2003 server plus outlook 2003, after I craete a rule to auto redirect email, I find that it can not auto redirect to my YAHOO or other internet account, only to the internal user account, anyone can help to figure out where is the problem ? thanks Steve <steven@apr-it.com> wrote: > we are using exchange 2003 server plus outlook 2003, after I craete a > rule to auto redirect email, I find that it can not auto redirect to > my YAHOO or other internet account, only to the internal user > account, anyone can help to figure out where is the problem ?...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Auto Filter Entries
Is there any way to extract the detail listed in drop down auto filters? I work with files where there are numerous entries of the same customer name for each customerustomer in the one list along with other data in the file. When you select the drop down box in the auto filter you get a list of customers. It's that list that I want to put on another worksheet so that I have only one listing per customer rather than 20 or 30 of them. Or, maybe there is a better way you fine people might suggest. Cheers Mark Advanced filter will do that for you. Start the Advanced filter in the ...

Space for recovery point (DPM 2007), file related
OK, I have found the different worksheet and different tools, web site, and KB to calculate the sizing of DPM volumes, but I am hitting a "head scratching" confusing something. Let me give a scenario and please correct me when needed ;) I have an SQL server, that I use SQL Maintenance to create BAK file, once a day, and keeping 7 days of backup. The backup folder with all the DB are 60gig (Yes I can use DPM to backup the DB directly, but I still want to have the SQL BAK done). So to me, this is a simply "FILE backup", with a Replica volume of always 60gb, a...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

"Windows PowerShell Cookbook" by Lee Holmes second edition draft available for viewing and comments
O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and comments at http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ - Larry In message <exi7SKRyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Larry__Weiss <lfw@airmail.net> writes >O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition >of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and >comments at > > http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ > > - Larry > Aw...

Having Insert button functionality while editing
Hi, I want to have the functionality of Insert button (on keyboard) in my while application while editing in a cell or a edit box. For eg if i am editing my text say "alpha" and my cursor is between "l" and "p" and I insert an alphabet say "z", i want the "p" should be replaced by "Z" and the text should become "alzha". Please suggest. Thanks in advance. Regards, Arjun CEdit does not support that by default. Here is a good example of how implement this (Although I think UpdateCaret should just be a method of CXEdi...

need example code to get the contactID from SFA/conts/edit.aspx...
Hi!! My question is: How can I get the right ContactID from the current/opened Contact in Microsoft CRM? Can I read the ContactID out from the URL? Is there an example Code available? Microsoft�s SDK for CRM is not very helpful for this Problem. Has anybody already an example code? Thank you for your help! Greetings Daniel You should be able to get it from the query string, as long as you make sure that the entry in the isv.config file with the link to your app has the variable "PassParams" equal to 1 For example: <Button Title="Test" ToolTip="Info on Test&qu...

Edit No Format
I have a spreadsheet that Has a column of No's that look like this AB 12 45 87 B the column has about 30,000 No 's in it. I want the No's to look like AB124587B so that they do not have the spaces in, any way of doing this un excel. If it's always the same format you can do it by using a combination of the left(),mid(), and right() functions.. Then use the & sign to fix it.... example : a1: ab 12 a2: left(a1,2) & right(a1,2) a2 then says: ab12 there might be a function that just removes all spaces though... trim() only works for opening and ending spaces. --- M...

How do I find where I stopped editing a document?
In Word 2003, I could use Shift F5 when I opened a document to find where I left off editing it the last time I opened it. This doesn't seem to work in Word 2007, at least not consistently. Is there some other menu item or keyboard shortcut I can use, or are there some circumstances under which Shift F5 will work? Unfortunately, it doesn't work in XML (*.docx) documents, only those saved in Word 97-2003 format. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Shortcut Jane" <Shortcut Jane@discus...

Riche Edit
hi I think this is a simple question for you guys: When I try to add a RichEdit field in the resource view my programm compiles fine but it won't start anymore. When I debug it with F5 it crashes with an exeption!?! I use Win2k and Visual Studio 6 + SP5. My Project is MFC Dialog based. This should work shouldn't it? Thanks Urban "Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler.net> wrote in message news:3f47ad41$0$19888$91cee783@newsreader01.highway.telekom.at... > hi > > I think this is a simple question for you guys: > > When I try to add a RichEdit field in the r...

Excel keeps Calculating when Auto calculate is turned off
I have some large spreadsheets with ODBC links and I keep getting a bug into the spreadsheet where it keeps autocalculating I have turn the calculate option to manual but it keeps doing it. please help ...

Standard Edition versus Edition 2004
I have Microsoft My Money Standard Edition installed on my PC (WinXP). It came as a part of Ms Works suite 2006. Now I would like to restore the backup file to My Money 2004 editions. But there seems to be a problem, My Money 2004 does not accept the backup files of the Standard Edition. Is the anything I can do in order to make the transfer of the backup file possible? Grateful for your help QV The version of Money in Works 2006 was likely newer than Money 2004. You will need to use a version of Money at least as recent as that which was used to make the backup. "QV" <q...