Editing Name Box

The 'Name Box' which appears in the Top  right of the toolbar just
beneath the font box or fole menu. This dispalys the cell u r in plus
other things like print area. How can i re-edit, delete remove listings
in that box.
E.g. I created a 2 Print Area which now can be selected directly by
clicking on the name box but I want to remove one of them and re-edit
the other.

Thx

Gunjani

0
gunjani786 (11)
3/22/2006 11:30:19 AM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Use Insert|Name|Define

You can adjust the ranges or delete the names and recreate the way you like.

--

Dave Peterson
0

editting auto recovery

BOM & Edit List

? Both Help Box AND Minimize Box in Title Bar of MFC Dialog App
Hi, I assume that this question has been asked before but since I can't find it anywhere... How can you put both a question-mark context-sensitive help button AND a Minimize/Maximize Box in the title bar of a Dialog mode MFC app? Thanks -- Alec asoroudi@synetech.cjb.net ...

How to change user name in explorer path?
Hi, I recently set up a new user account under username X and later edited the name to username Y. As far as I can tell, the edited username (Y) appears everywhere that it should, except in the Windows pathname C:\Users\Username (X)\... Is there a way to edit the Windows pathname without deleting the user account and starting over? Thanks for your help, Roy ...

Allow Multiple Values check box not showing up
I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup Wizard, but when I get to the place where is should let me choose to store multiple values for the lookup that section does not come up. I went online and printed the instructions off the help page so I know I am doing it right. Help! IMO, multivalued and lookup fields are not a good idea. You didn't mention what version of Access you are using. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mschurter" wrote: > I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup > ...

User Names...
Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Have hundreds of users programmed in the server. Went to change user name yesterday as user's name had changed due to marriage. Changed name everywhere I could find, including renaming the actual user object. However, every mail that the user sends out still says "from" the old name. The user even can only log in with new user name. Any ideas? Thanx In the User properties, on the E-mail Addresses tab, select the new address and click Set as Primary. Tim C "Steven Sinclair" <StevenSinclair@discussions.microsoft.com>...

how do a create a lookup using first and last name
Hello, I have two worksheets that I am trying to create a lookup for. They both have id #'s columns that should be the same so I tried to do a vlookup only to discover they are not the same. The only colomns on both sheets that are the same are first and last name. I need them both becasue some many people have the same last name but different first names and so forth. So what I am trying to do is take joe shmo in sheet 1 and return the data for joe shmo that resides in sheet 2. I cant for the life of me figure out how to do this. Does anyone have any ideas?? Thanks so muc...

automatically insert town name after entering zip code
I have created a sheet in which I am entering addresses. I created a drop down list for the seven zip codes I am working with. Is there a way to have excel automaticall y enter the corresponding town in the adjacent cell after I choose a zip code? Sure. You need a worksheet with the zips and towns listed on it, then you can use a vlookup. See this for a tutorial: http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/an_extreme_tutorial_in_microsoft_excel.htm#boss ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "accessnovice" <accessnovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

User name and password 06-08-10
I can send emails but not receive they are asking me for my user name and password which I have never needed before. Account: 'Work', Server: 'customermail1.easily.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Authentication failed.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 Can anybody help me as very frustrated. Many thanks I have the same problem, have you found a solution? "Sophie" wrote: > I can send emails but not receive they are asking me for my user name and > password which I have ne...

MX name resolution in Exchange.
I have an issue with contacts for external email accounts and distro groups. 99% of the time when I send an email to a contact at particular domain (my issue only occurs for that domain) the email is sent to my postfix gateway as u...@smtp.domain.com and the connection is made and the email is sent on its way. However if I put that same exact contact in a distro and send an email to the distro the email is formated to be sent to u...@smtpx.domain.com and these emails get stuck in the postfix queue on my gateway. As I mentioned above the 99% of the time leaves 1% of the time when individual em...

Display name change
My problem is this: I need email for just a few users to show up as shown below. This should be seen in the "From:" field on the recipient's email client. John Doe (Contractor) <jdoe@widgets.com> Currently it shows up in the recipient mailbox as: John Doe <jdoe@widgets.com> I tried changing the display name but it doesn't seem to work any differently. Is this possible? Seems like it should be relatively easy, but I guess I'm missing something somewhere. Dave display name is in fact the attribute you need to change. Once you change it, it should show u...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

Nedd help with the simplest thing with the check box
I'm trying to do the simplest thing (and have wanted to for years) with a check box - stick it -in- a cell just so I can check or uncheck it. Of course, it will be even better if I can get the rest of the worksheet to read a 1/0 or true/false from this box; but I'm using office 2000 and it says nothing useful. I pull the box out of the form toolbar, but it's a floating object like a chart. And that's all the reference I can find in Officer 2000. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. -- Zubbus ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Z...

Data validation and Named Range
I was under the impression that you could have Data validation check a list contained in various columns if that list was a Named range. Is that so. If it is, I cannot get that to work for me. Rob What have you tried? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "rob nobel" <robnobel@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:%23wtOqQ8rDHA.2084@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I was under the impression that you could have Data validation check a list > contained in various columns if that list was a Named range. Is that so. > If it is, I cannot get that to work for me. &...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

Define XAxis Min/Max with named value without VBA
Hello, With Excel 2003 I Like to enforce XAxis Minimum and Maximum by a data from a cell (or from a Named Cell). It's exists some solution with VBA, but i don't like use it, is there any other way ? As i knows some solution to have Auto-adjust series in Graphs, i imagine it's possible ! Thanks Gilles P. (FR) Hi Gilles, It would be nice to link to a cell or something like that but that feature is not available unless you use VBA which it sound you don't want to use. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Gilles P (FR)" <GillesPFR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

print box has changed in Publisher, how do get the other one back
I had the regular print box that came up in Publisher, the one with more information and you can show the picture of what is printing. It went away and I can not get it back. The print box that displays now is the normal one that shows up on everything else. What version Publisher? Are you asking about the mini-preview in the Print dialogue? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Judy" <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:971570E4-882A-422E-B662-9E4552640197@microsoft.com... >I had the regular print box that came up in Publisher, the one with mor...

Bug with Combo Box?
Hi, I have noticed that either on a web page or a desktop application form, Combo box always appear at the top of each control either you change the z index or not. Is that a bug with Combo box or what? Is there any way to send the combo box behind some control (button, static) ? Thanks in advance. Fahad Ashfaque fahad_ashfaque@yahoo.com Change the Z order doesn't work? "Fahad Ashfaque" <fahad_ashfaque@yahoo.com> д����Ϣ���� :05dc01c39f4d$9294cf70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have noticed that either on a web page or a desktop > application for...