Easiest way to create a link?

I'm just creating a simple link by typing the following:

='Sub Contracting'!F10

in the obvious format of

='worksheetName'!cell

What's the fastest and easiest way to do this in excel?  Currently, I
have to type everything and it can be annoying flipping back and forth
etc.  It seems that there should be some sort of intellisense or
something that would fill in the formula automatically for me or
perhaps a way I can click "Create Link" then click on the cell on
another worksheet to link to it.

--
ParaDiddle
ParaDiddle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32886

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I like to type the equal sign, then use the mouse to go to the other sheet and
select that cell.  Then hit enter.

But you could select the "sending" cell.
Edit|Copy
select the "receiving" cell
edit|paste special|click paste link

ParaDiddle wrote:

> I'm just creating a simple link by typing the following:
>
> ='Sub Contracting'!F10
>
> in the obvious format of
>
> ='worksheetName'!cell
>
> What's the fastest and easiest way to do this in excel?  Currently, I
> have to type everything and it can be annoying flipping back and forth
> etc.  It seems that there should be some sort of intellisense or
> something that would fill in the formula automatically for me or
> perhaps a way I can click "Create Link" then click on the cell on
> another worksheet to link to it.
>
> --
> ParaDiddle
> ParaDiddle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32886
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=526910

--

Dave Peterson
0

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"ParaDiddle" <ParaDiddle.25cpmy_1143501300.3248@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:ParaDiddle.25cpmy_1143501300.3248@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I'm just creating a simple link by typing the following:
>
> ='Sub Contracting'!F10
>
> in the obvious format of
>
> ='worksheetName'!cell
>
> What's the fastest and easiest way to do this in excel?  Currently, I
> have to type everything and it can be annoying flipping back and forth
> etc.  It seems that there should be some sort of intellisense or
> something that would fill in the formula automatically for me or
> perhaps a way I can click "Create Link" then click on the cell on
> another worksheet to link to it.
>

> --
> ParaDiddle
> ParaDiddle's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32886
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=526910

0
Peo
3/27/2006 11:22:18 PM
Thanks... Paste Special works perfect and no typos!

--
ParaDiddle
ParaDiddle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32886
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=526910

Can I use named range in data range box when creating pie chart?
I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges in the data range box to speed this up? Yes. Just type in the name. -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "BJackson" <BJackson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE9A0AD-C3BA-4242-B3BA-3CC3F0D87894@microsoft.com... >I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges >in > the data range box to speed this up? Thank you! I was making it too difficult, thinking I needed to include the Sheet name along with the name range. ...

Link to an image
Is it possible to make a link from a cell to an image so that it would not open in a new window, but would show as a pop up? Thanks Kalevi See if one of these methods works for you: To read picture files directly from their folder location and display them in the workbook see the ShowFilePicsDemo file at: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#CH0003 Or.... To store the pictures in your workbook...then display them by changing a cell value: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html Is that something you can work with? -------------------------- Regards, Ron (XL2003, Win ...

Assign Doc # When Creating SOP Returns
It would be nice to assign the document number when creating SOP returns rather than the system trying to assign the next number. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.msp...

Create an identical Chart Worksheet in Excel 2003
Hi: I used the F11 key to create a chart, which inserts just a chart as a new worksheet and gives it a default name, such as chart 2. My question is, can I create an identical chart as a new worksheet. This wouldn't be a copy, rather, a duplicate that is pulling information from the same location in the entire workbook. The reason I want to do this is because I currently have data for 12 different series, and each series has 7 values. What I would like to do is keep the same chart, but reduce the number of values per series from 7 to just 4. The easiest way seems to me to be to create ...

How do I apply a template I created to an existing publication?
I want to change a publication I created to a design that I created and saved in a publisher format. I do not want to have to recreate the publication in the new format, just change it! "Publication Options" "Apply Template" brings up a list of templates that does not include the one I created and want to use. Help! Did you save the publication as a template? Save as "Publisher template". What version Publisher are you using? If you are using 2007 you will have to browse to the templates. They are in a folder similar to this (Vista) These folders are hi...

Does anyone create sites without using tables for layout?
I know that a trend is to create websites that are pure css, and don't rely on tables for layout. Are asp.net devs taking that approach also? I checked a couple of major asp.net websites like newegg.com and they do seem to use tables for layout. Any info out there focused on table-less asp.net dev? Most of us try but I think our dirty little secret is most also cop out and start using tables here and there when their pages become increasingly complex. You'll note most of the "pure" CSS sites are often little more than what we call StackPanels in XAML using CS...

Linked Table Add In
Greetings, I am maintaining anumber of Access 97 databases (Ueah, I know -Upgrade. Will happen soon) All DBs are Front End Pointing to back ends. There is one major backend and several others. Typically, when I am working on a FE, the first thing I do is point it to a "not live" copy of the main backend. That way I can play. I do this many times a week. The real BE is on the network. The Dummy BE is on my computer. Have there been any cases of the Link Table manager NOT making a change event though it said it has? I always check the AFTER of this operation and make su...

Linking .xls into AutoCad
I'm aware that it's possible to link Excel into AutoCad using OLE, but it's slow, cumbersome, and hard to manage in AutoCad. Is there a faster, simpler, more AutoCad friendly way to do this? Specific application is taking Electrical Panel schedules from xls to dwg and having the dwg automatically update whenever the xls are updated. Any/all suggestions greatfully appreciated! Carina greetings.... i was wondering if anyone could direct a young programmer towards decent method of exporting a table of points to a series of lines i autocad. im well familiar with excel, b...

How to create an order with products using workflow
It appears that using Workflow we can create a new Order record, but there does not appear to be any way to add Products to that Order once it has been created. Does anyone know how to do this? Hi, This will require custom development. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Bevan Edwards" wrote: > It appears that using Workflow we can create a new Order record, but there > does not appear to be any way to add Prod...

How do I convert email addresses to clickable links? #2
I have imported a column of email address. How do I make them clickable links to email. -- Rick Wetzel Rick, Highlight the range you wish to add email addresses to, then, switch to your VBE environment by pressing Alt-F11 and go to Immediate Pane by pressing Control-G and enter the following command for each rng in selection:rng.hyperlinks.add rng,"mailto:" & rng:next http://HelpExcel "Rick Wetzel" wrote: > I have imported a column of email address. How do I make them clickable > links to email. > -- > Rick Wetzel ...

Create unique list from duplicates
The solution for this is probably a quite simple array formula wit COUNTIF, but I cannot seem to get it exactly right. All I want to d is take a list with many duplicates and list each duplicate once, in separate list, without modifying the first list. For example: Column 1 1 2 8 5 9 8 5 4 8 would generate: Column 2 1 2 8 5 9 4 Thanks in advance, Stephani -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Stephanie, What you are looking for, I believe, is Data > Filter > Advanced Filter. Select "Copy to another location" then click the "Unique records only&qu...

The easiest way to get free cash!
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>Hi all,</P> <P>I became a member of an interesting free website that is totally unique. It actually rewards its members for learning! You can learn lots of important things and earn rewards taking fun quizzes, plus earn cash for other activities! Membership is free, and people of all ages and educational backgrounds everywhere can become members and participate at their own level. It�s called �It P...

Linking customer number format to a cell
Is it possible to link a custom number format to a cell within a workbook? Currently I have the number format #,##0.0"m (forecast)";(#,##0.0)"m (forecast)";-"m (forecast)" used extensively throughout a workbook I want to change the text after each number to "m (actual)". I will be changing the text on a monthly basis. Currently I have to manually change the format each month. Not that I know, but if you use styles, as in Word, you could do this in one step as opposed to changing every single cell. -- Regards, Juan Pablo Gonz�lez Excel MVP &quo...

how to create a clustered, 100% stacked combination chart
I want to create a chart with 2 100% stacked columns to compare % of 2 different years. Hi, Maybe you can use the information here but using 100% stacked columns. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Keri in Vermont wrote: > I want to create a chart with 2 100% stacked columns to compare % of 2 > different years. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Outlook 2003 (Creating new email)
I have been creating new email for several months now using Outlook 2003. While I was creating some new rules for emails, I must have changed a setting. Now when I attempt to create a new email, it pulls up a template with wierd fonts, some of my typing doesn't show up on my screen as I am inputting, my signature I had created doesn't show up, and it has a different feel than the before? Any idea what I have done and what I should do to restore my previous settings? ...

Homepage Quick Links for Fixed Assetss Windows
Similar to other GP windows, the fixed assets windows should be allowed to be added to a user's homepage as a Quick Link. -- Haiden Turner Winged Disc Technologies, LLC Dallas, Texas ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Business...

Creating custom fields in shema manager
Hey, I am pretty new to MS CRM and I am trying to add a field to the pricelist. I have been looking at the schema manager, but I am unable to add a field. When I right-click on on the attributes, I choose 'New', but 'Schema field' is greyed-out, so I can't click on that. Somebody knows what wrong or how I can fix that ? Something I forgot ? Any help would be appreciated. thx BB ...

How to I create a tax export that is eariler than last year.
For example itss 2009, when I try to create a tax export report (.txf) I'm only given options for 2008 or 2009 (partial). How do I create a tax export for 2007? In microsoft.public.money, bmwbiker wrote: >For example itss 2009, when I try to create a tax export report (.txf) I'm >only given options for 2008 or 2009 (partial). How do I create a tax export >for 2007? Try closing Money, and setting your computer clock back to a date in 2008. You may have to disconnect from the internet, but probably not. Start Money again, and generate your .txf file. ...

Macro Creating
I have tried and tried to create a MACRO in Excel that will will delete a row. I have read several other marcos but have been unable to translate them to what I want to do. Listed below a sample of the type data I am talking about. What I want to do is have the macro read the second number in the colum and everytime it read a 0 it deletes that whole line of information. This type table will have some blank row but I do not want to delete. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance. Ron D60801 0 0 0 0 0 D78555 0 0 0 0 0 E98103 0 0 0 0 0 N04456 0 0 0 0 0 N05482 3 60 0 0 0 N95862 0 0 0 0 0 N96248 3 ...

Creating a Distribution List in OUTLOOK 2007
Hello, Is there a way to create a DISTRIBUTION LIST in OUTLOOK 2007 that contains contacts with a specific feature WITHOUT adding members one by one? E.g., I need a distribution list of all contacts whose e-mail address is in a particular domain. The following sequence DOES NOT work: CONTACTS ---> ACTIONS ---> NEW DISTRIBUTION LIST ---> SELECT MEMBERS ----> SEARCH (MORE COLUMNS) When I entered the domain name in the search window, I got no results. Thus, OUTLOOK did not search the entries of the e-mail addresses. Thank you for your help. ATK "...

how can I save a publisher created logo in picture format?
I've created a logo in MS Publisher. How can I save the logo in picture format so that it can be inserted into other programs? GEL <GEL@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I've created a logo in MS Publisher. How can I save the logo in > picture format so that it can be inserted into other programs? What version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Ed Bennett" wrote: > GEL <GEL@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > > I've created a logo in MS Publ...

How to link data and it's formats bewteen worksheets
I am using Office v.X for mac. I have a workbook that that has master worksheet with A1:AK4 column headings and A5:AK265 has data with different formats (date,text,number etc.) I want to create new worksheet as a diiferent catagories with linking data from the master worksheet. So when i edit the master worksheet it edits the other worksheet simultaneous. For example rows 5,15,70,100 belongs to catagory1 being worksheet2 and rows 10,50,200 being another catagory as another worksheet and so on. Different rows will make up 6 catagories in turns 6 worksheets. I have tried using paste link but i l...

i need to create a chart from data from one workbook in another wo
hi new to excell so please be kind. i need to create a series of charts from different sets of data in one workbook, and have the charts show in another seperate workbook, and update automaticly when the data changes in the first workbook. i know how to create charts, its just that i can't get it linking from one workbook to another please help Mark Hi, An easy approach would be: Make the charts in the workbook containing the data. Cut and paste those charts into a new workbook. The charts are still linked to the original workbook. If you make changes in the data, the charts...

Create value list from a range of values
I've got a range of cells containing state abbrev. that I want to lis in another range excluding all duplicated states abbrev's. Is there a way to list the non-duplicated values automatically with function? I've tried using the excel Data Filter menu but it seems that needs t be performed manually. I need a function that automatically calculate when there is a change or addition to my list of states. Thanks for your help.. -- mallets12 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mallets123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=...

How to create a Pivot table from text file with more than 65000 rows?
Is there a way to create a pivot tabel where the source data is a tex file with more than 65000 rows of data? Normnally I just import th text file to excel and then create a pivot, but in this case I have to many rows but don't want to lose data. I guess I can use the create pivot tabel from external data sourc function but could somone take me through the steps to do this from large text file - if this is possible! Many Thanks -- morchar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- morchard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...