EAN 14, Dun 14 - Bar Codes

    Hi, I have a printer TLP 2844 (Zebra) and I need to print bar codes
using EAN 14 or Dun 14.
   Anyone have any idea how I can do that? I want just a simple sample in
how do that.

    I posted this question here in excel forum because there isn't any group
related as bar codes and because I want to work with that using just Excel.

Thanks in advance,
Magno
magno_jr@terra.com.br

0
magno_jr (1)
12/10/2008 12:49:38 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You will need to buy a software designed for barcode like Lableview.
EAN14 is not a common barcode so make sure it will do that.
If you call Zebra, I think they sell something, if not they can recommand
one.
Do a search for labelview software on the internet.
HTH
John
"Magno" <magno_jr@terra.com.br> wrote in message
>    Hi, I have a printer TLP 2844 (Zebra) and I need to print bar codes
> using EAN 14 or Dun 14.
>   Anyone have any idea how I can do that? I want just a simple sample in
> how do that.
>
>    I posted this question here in excel forum because there isn't any
> group related as bar codes and because I want to work with that using just
> Excel.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Magno
> magno_jr@terra.com.br

0
johnd1 (109)
12/10/2008 1:13:08 PM
A quick Google search for:

EAN14.TTF

....produced a number of 'hits'. If you can use an installed TrueType
font to produce your barcodes, I'd go this route.
0
google5299 (29)
12/10/2008 2:09:27 PM
Have a look at this site
http://www.activebarcode.com/download.html
Regards
John
"John" <johnd@newlook.com> wrote in message
> You will need to buy a software designed for barcode like Lableview.
> EAN14 is not a common barcode so make sure it will do that.
> If you call Zebra, I think they sell something, if not they can recommand
> one.
> Do a search for labelview software on the internet.
> HTH
> John
> "Magno" <magno_jr@terra.com.br> wrote in message
>>    Hi, I have a printer TLP 2844 (Zebra) and I need to print bar codes
>> using EAN 14 or Dun 14.
>>   Anyone have any idea how I can do that? I want just a simple sample in
>> how do that.
>>
>>    I posted this question here in excel forum because there isn't any
>> group related as bar codes and because I want to work with that using
>> just Excel.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Magno
>> magno_jr@terra.com.br

0
johnd1 (109)

Multiform coding problem
I believe that I'm close but can't seem to get it right. What I want to do is to control the visibility of ComboBox's and Labels on Multiforms. Am I close? cmbEDU is the name of the first ComboBox on the Multiform. I'm not sure if I need to note that this code is not on the Multiform itself. Private Sub cmbProdSeries_Change() cmbProduct.RowSource = "" cmbProduct.Text = "" Select Case cmbProdSeries.Text Case Is = "Experience Life" cmbProduct.RowSource = "inpELProducts" lbl...

Is possible to save a .pdf file to Office live with code?
Suppose I have create an .pdf file. Is it possible with VBA (I am an Access developer and understand VBA) to send or save that .PDF file to an office live location? I have an office live location that I share with others but I would like to get a .PDF file there without manual intervention. Is this a possibility? ...

Price Embeded Barcodes (UPC & EAN)
Currently within RMS the Price Embeded feature (UPC & EAN) only supports the item code structure begining with a '20' or a '02'. In Australia we require the use of '28' and '29' to come inline with the supermarket industry. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &...

Outlook Connector Beta (14.0)
XP SP3 Office Pro 2007 Connector 14.0 (ugraded from 12.1) Outlook being used for multiple mail accounts (hotmail, gmail, etc.) I excluded pst and ost files from OneCare and installed the beta Outlook Connector to try to resolve blank message problems when syncing with hotmail. Now when I hit send/receive, it hangs up at about 50% for hours until I cancel. Should I have uninstalled Connector 12.1 before installing beta or is there something else I should do to get it to complete the send/receive process? ...

Field Code : bookmark
I want to get a bookmark value that is from same document. However, the value is in a table cell. If I use field code, e.g. {USERNAME}, a table cell with a value will be get. How can I get the it without table format only?? If you want to cross reference only the *content* of a table cell then bookmark only the content that you want to cross reference. However the {UserName} field is a system field and has no relevance whatsoever to tables. If you want to cross reference a bookmarked item called UserName then you would need to indicate to the Word that it is a cross reference ...

Using EAN barcodes
I am using SO 2.0 SP1. I need to setup some products with EAN13 barcode format. We are contemplating to use GS1 registered barcodes. I was wondering if anybody is using EAN barcodes and if there are any "gotchas" I should look out for. I would probably use a 12-digit product number, which would be good enough for our purpose. Or is there any advantage to use a 13-digit number? I also tried to print some EAN13 labels but did not find a template that prints the item code right underneath the barcode, kind of embedded in the barcode. Is that a special template that need to be us...

formula help #14
Please help me in configuring formula for the following problem: I want a formula for the extra amount I am paying, by way of commission and tax for the transaction carried out by me The extra amount I am paying is calculated as follows: 1. 0.75% of transaction value or $25 whichever is higher. (Commission), 2. 10.2% tax on commission, 3. 0.1% add tax on transaction value. Thus for a transaction of $3400 I am paying as follows 1. 0.75% of 3400.00 : 25.50 2. 10.2% of 25.50 : 2.60 3. 0.1% of 3400.00 : 3.40 _...

error code 800706ba
please help me error code 800706ba, can't sign in on my computer. "siripuk" wrote: > please help me error code 800706ba, can't sign in on my computer. Since you didn't mention any detail, I'm assuming you're on Windows 7. If true, see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Windows-Update-error-800706BA Bye, Freudi That means that messenger cannot connect to the Windows messenger service. It may go away tomorrow, or it may be some setting in the computer. Try this first: Go to start- run and type Services.msc Then find: &qu...

Cell Format #14
I would like to be able to enter 150 and have it read and be able to calculate 150,000. I have a sheet set up with the costs of homes that are for sale. I am looking to do some "what if" and would like to not have to enter the last three zeros. Just trying to get good at being lazy :-). Thanks for the help!!! Mike Tools>options>edit and set fixed decimal places to -3 note that this will change other workbooks as well so turn it off when you don't need it, another option would be an event macro that will mulply all values with 1000 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No ...

ean 13 problems
good day, a client is using ean 13 barcode format to create code for his items, but oce the second-to last digit is the figure ' 9 ' it changes the last figure. I am using a metrologic single line scanner 9520. EAN 13 code was enabled. >thanks ...

Code to Dynamically Filter a Report; Not Working
I’m struggling a bit with some code that dynamically filters elements in a report. I have a form with the following objects: lstCustomer, lstExecBroker, an Option Group named ‘fraTrader’, with three radio buttons; optOption, optCross, optBoth. Also, I have cboSortOrder1, cboSortOrder2, and cboSortOrder3 as well as cboSortOrder1, cboSortOrder2, and cboSortOrder3, all of which control sort order. Finally, here’s the code: Private Sub cmdApplyFilter_Click() Dim varItem As Variant Dim strCustomer As String Dim strExecBroker As String Dim strTrade As String ...

EAN 13 Emergency
Ok I have scales that are setup to print EAN13 barcodes with the weight. Example Item: Turkey Scale PLU: 43 Weight: .445 pounds When we print the label it looks like this: 200043 904451 In RMS I have the EAN randon option checked in Manager. The itemlookupcode for Turkey in RMS is set to: 200043000000 When I scan the barcode in RMS it wont pull up the item......what am I missing?? Im onsite, prompt response is appreicated. Scan the barcode on a notepad - what does it show? Never tried adding a space in the RMS item lookup code.... give this a shot. Hope this helps.... "Haik&qu...

Should I change this code?

cboMoveTo code by Allen Browne
I am using the code provided by Allen. Dim rs As DAO.Recordset If Not IsNull(Me.cboMoveTo) Then 'Save before move. If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False End If 'Search in the clone set. Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst "[ExpNumber] = """ & Me.cboMoveTo & """" If rs.NoMatch Then MsgBox "Not found: filtered?" Else 'Display the found record in the form. Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark End If Set rs = Nothing End If It works...except in this situation. When I open the form from the Forms menu, it works fine. When I open the fo...

Hooking pictures to code
I have a html code for a picture viewer thing and I need to get publisher to find the pictures that I need. If you know where I need to put the pictures to make it work I would be very appreciative. Justin, Huh? Is the picture viewer thing a 3rd Party Album? If it is, you need to follow the instructions for using it or at least post which album viewer it is. Then you would create a link to it in Pub, using either text or an image. I think. Mike Justin wrote: > I have a html code for a picture viewer thing and I need to get publisher to > find the pictures that I need. If ...

Viewing and Printing Source Code
My new employer wants a "print out of the first and last 25 pages of the source code" for two relatively complicated Excel Workbooks. I have no idea how to accomplish this! Any help would be GREATLY appriciated. Thanks, Paul The bad news is there are probably a lot of modules in your project. You could have code in each of these. So it would depend on what the heck the boss means by first and last. I think I'd just go into each module (include the code behind the worksheets and workbook, general modules, class modules, and userforms) and copy each to MSWord. Add some he...

soft-coding lines in a macro
I am trying to get a macro to find the last line of data (Ctrl+Shift+Down) and then go down one line...this keystroking hard-codes the line i have selected but I need it to be able to run without doing so. Any thoughts? Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1,0).Select Change the "A" to a suitable column reference. This works if there are gaps in the data. If there aren't: Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1,0).Select Regards Trevor "GJR3599" <GJR3599@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8F918FD-F4B0-49C4-976A-ABB5B...

Replacement of old product codes
HI, I have a Productcode table with fields Oldcode and Newcode. Now I need to replace the ProductCodes in the Order table, the old Codes with the corresponding New codes. How can i do this other than tediously using Find & replace? Is there a way i could create some Update query to pick up from the Product table and replace? Thanks for any help. Ramesh Create a query with your Order table and your Productcode table linked on the prod code in the order table to the old code in the productcode table. Add just the prod code from your order table into the query grid. Change the ...

Code correction for changing case
I have field on the form named Model, in which I want to change last 3 alphabet to capital, generall the data entry is like below : wa470 llc wa420 3bc So, I tried to apply the below, which gives no result (no error or show no change) Private Sub Model_AfterUpdate() Dim last3 As String last3 = right(Me.Model, 3) If right(Me.Model, 3) = "llc" Then UCase (last3) End If End Sub Please advice Regards Irshad Instead of UCase (last3), use UCase (right(Me.Model, 3)) You don't need to use the local variable last3 at all; and because your If state...

Opening attachments #14
Hi Has anybody else experienced the problem whereby when I receive an attachment (say excel file) when I click on the attachment it launches excel but does not show the attachment only a blank spreadsheet. If i do a saveAs on the attachment then load excel manually and open the saved attachment there is no problem Any idea's anybody Regards Brian ...

Vba code cannot select text pasted from .txt file
The data I'm working with is from a .txt file which was created by exporting a .pdf to a text file. I copy all of the text from the .txt file and paste it into a column in Excel. When trying to reference any column, row, or range on the sheet with the pasted text, I get the following error: Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error. Sample code: Sheets("Sheet5").Select ' <this works fine Columns("A:A").Select ' <this gets the error I've tried pasting the text with other paste special options. I'v...

test #14
1st post ...

adding code to sort a list in VBA
I have a user form that enters data to a file and the file should be sorted in date order. How can I add code to an already existing code in Visual Basic so that after the user clicks the "OK" button the data gets entered, then after that it automatically sorts the data according to the date column. I tried recording a macro to do it and then copy/paste it to the code but i get an error. Any ideas as to what the code should look like, where it should be placed in the program? Thanks Tim --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi! A good start would be to show ...

Changing Codes
I have a series of product codes that all begin with a zero e.g 0455 0343, 0325. I want to change all the zeros to a 9 is there a quick way of doin this? Chri -- cj2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40144 Maybe using a helper cell and using a formula? ="9"&mid(a1,2,255) (255 is just a very big number to get the remainder of the text.) If these are numbers just formatted to show ...

crystal report error 07-14-04
when i try to open a built in reports witch come with CRM it gives an error "Object doesn't support this property or method " the page of the report is displayed and the tools above appear normaly but in the body of the report the page is blank and this massage appear "Object doesn't support this property or method " anyone have an idea or saw this before? thanks in advance ...