DYNAMIC RANGES #2

 I am looking to develop a macro that will allow me to select a range
of cells dynamically.  I have created a mapping template that maps user
defined fields to native fields, but each file that I map has a
different number of rows of data.  Rather than simply selecting a range
of cells statically, I am hoping that there is a macro out there that
will allow me to catch all data in a column by dynamically assigning my
range to include all rows of data up to the last row containing
information and no more.  To add to this issue, not all intermediate
rows will contain data, but it is important that I capture all data in
the spreadsheet in my range.  Any assistance will be most appreciated.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

try using this
lastrow=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row
range("a2:d"&lastrow).dosomething
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
<paul.sternhagen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am looking to develop a macro that will allow me to select a range
> of cells dynamically.  I have created a mapping template that maps user
> defined fields to native fields, but each file that I map has a
> different number of rows of data.  Rather than simply selecting a range
> of cells statically, I am hoping that there is a macro out there that
> will allow me to catch all data in a column by dynamically assigning my
> range to include all rows of data up to the last row containing
> information and no more.  To add to this issue, not all intermediate
> rows will contain data, but it is important that I capture all data in
> the spreadsheet in my range.  Any assistance will be most appreciated.

0
Don

Error 9582 on Exch2000SP3 and W2KSP4 w/2.5 G RAM
HELP!!!! I have a single Exchange server with 2.5G RAM. Exchange 2000 SP3 Windows 2000 Server SP4 I am getting a 9582 *warning* message: The Virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented in such a way that performance may be affected. It is highly recommended that you restart all Exchange services to correct this issue. I have gone to EventID.net and followed along with all the Qxxxxx articles. I have: 1. Installed the last Post-SP3 patch (Store.exe shows version 6.0.6603.0) 2. I have added the HeapDecommit reg entry detailed in Q315407 3. I have set up counters in Pe...

How to freeze a range in excel 2003and 2007
I want to freeze a group of cells in excel 2007 but when I click on the freeze panes, top row or first column: nothing happens- I mean it scrolls up and down. Also is there anyway I can print an excel worksheet which is several pages long and still have the headings (which is in say the first 3 rows ie A1 - E1 down to A3 - E3) printed on each page? Lets say the headings are on only page 1 but i want it to be on page 2,3,4 to the last page when printed. Can freezing do that? Thanks. Hi In order the Freeze Panes, your cursor needs to be one cell below, and one cell the the right of the Row an...

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

Format a worksheet to carry out all calculations to 2 decimal plac #2
Hi, Is it possible to format am excel worksheet or whole workbook to carrry out all calculations to 2 decimal places (ie. rounding up and down)? The problem I have is that I use Excel to track expenses tha are also enetered in an accounting package and get rounding errors as excel doesn't round calulations up or down while the acounts package does. I can get excel to display to two decima places and round an individual value to 2 places, but don't know how to get teh whole worksheet to calculate to 2 decimal places. Thanks, Phill. yes it is possible. select the whole sheet ...

Relative name range issue
I was looking at John Walkenbach's excel tips page (http://j-walk.com/ss/). In one example, he shows how to create a named range that is RELATIVE, not ABSOLUTE. By clicking on, say, cell A1, then opening the named range dialog from the menu (Insert\name\define...) and defining a name such as "CellBelow" that refers to cell A2, you've created a relative reference. Anytime you type in "CellBelow" - in any cell - the value returned will be the value of the cell directly below the cell you're on. However, this appears to work only when you're on the ...

dynamic resource
Hi, Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly? The bitmap file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow inserted into resource and displayed. thanks What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a ..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far the easiest way to achieve this. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap on the fly. But resource file looks like is static. I use ATL/MFC applicatation. "Ajay Kalra" <aja...

Stop named ranges being copied
I want to copy a worksheet from one workbook to another. But I do not want to copy the named ranges associated with the first workbook to the second. How do I prevent named ranges being copied when I move sheets. >>How do I prevent named ranges being copied when I move sheets. You can't. A named range is just as much a part of a sheet as anything else. Delete the name(s) after you copy a sheet. -- Jim <bmatheson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1183722346.818571.213860@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I want to copy a worksheet from one workbook to another. > >...

email #2
isit possible to have one email account administered by several users.each one seeing changes replies etc sent by the others. thanks in advance Sure, just assign full access, send as, and receive as permissions to a group, make folks needing access member of that group, have them open the mailbox as "another user's mailbox" in their Outlook profiles. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "welloffit" <welloffit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC8AAD7F-99DE-4003-BDEA-CD350D2ABEF3@microsoft.com... > isit possible to ha...

Dynamic sum in Chart
Hello: So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great, EXCEPT when I select different categories to show up, I want to show a SUM of the categories, not the values of each category. I would appreciate any help/advice you may have. Thank you! Michelle In the pivot table you can select different thing like count and SUM etc. If you right click in the upper left vacant square and chose field settings, then select what you want to see in your data section. Misha wrote: > Hello: > > So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great...

Find replace #2
We have a column that has first names sometimes last names we have another column with last names you would like to remove all last names from column a which is the first names column how can we do that? Select Column A Choose Text to Columns and choose the delimiter (most likely space or comma) "dk" wrote: > We have a column that has first names sometimes last names we have another > column with last names you would like to remove all last names from column a > which is the first names column how can we do that? dk wrote: > We have a column that has first names s...

memory leak problem #2
hello, i'm facing a memory leak problem when my application runs for a long time. i tried to figure out the source and came to a very small demo app to reproduce the behaviour. i create a dialog based mfc app, added a member variable of type CArray< CString*, CString* > to store CStrings*. then i added two buttons 'add' and 'remove'. the 'add' button creates new strings and adds to the array. void TestDlg::Add() { for ( int i = 0; i < 100000; i ++ ) { CString* pTemp = new CString; *pTemp = "long text...."; // about 100 char...

Tab seq dynamically...
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...

eConnect Runtime 9.0.2?
Where can I get the runtime MSI for eConnect 9.0.2? ------=_NextPart_0001_60CDC8D7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The eConnect 9.0.2.0 Runtime is available on CustomerSource & PartnerSource. The link for the 9.0.2.0 Runtime for CustomerSource is https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/downloads/servicepacks/econnect9.0r untimedownloadsforisvs.htm?printpage=false. Corey Developer Support ------=_NextPart_0001_60CDC8D7 Content-Type: text/x-rtf Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans...

Emails not sending #2
Yesterday I posted a question, which I will restate below. My email goes into the outbox and basically sits there. There is no acknowledgement that anything was sent and as a result, nothing shows up in the sent folder. I don't get an error message or even see a time out. I was having the same issue with Outlook Express and Thunderbird. I talked with Comcast and they suggested that I change the ports to 587 from 25. I did that and they worked. Just to fill in a couple of more pieces. Comcast is my ISP for access to the internet and thus I use (smtp.comcast.net). Incoming mail com...

How to load specific range of html into Excel?
For excel 2003, does anyone have any suggestions on how to load specific range of html into Excel? For example, I would like to load following link for HKB into sheet(HKB), because the page is so long, and I cannot import the whole page into excel with limited rows. http://www.hkex.com.hk/eng/stat/dmstat/dayrpt/dqe100302.htm#HKB I would like to load starting from "CLASS HKB - HSBC HOLDINGS PLC" .... [all texts are included] until the following text is found, then stop loading, and the following text is not included. "CLASS HKG - HONG KONG & CHINA GAS" ...

SharePoint Alternate Access Mapping to my Dynamics GP BP site
Hello, If I have posted this question in the wrong forum please let me know! I’m looking for some guidance on changing the Alternate Access Mapping for my Dynamics Business Portal site. So I can implement Single Sign On via ISA Server which is supported on one web listener. Present configuration: Default Zone: http://geneva:222 I would like to add: Internet Zone: http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com I presently have another SharePoint Collection (The Main Portal) http://geneva configured which listens on Port: 80. I tried to add the Alternate Access Mapping http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com...

dynamic charting #2
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

How to add cells but keep 2 lowest out of solution
Hello, I need help with adding up a column of values in 'X' amount of cells, but I don't want to include the lowest cells in the addition. For example, I want to add cells A1:A5. But I want the answer to eliminate the two lowest cells out of the equation. This is a sheet I update daily and I need the sheet to recognize the lowest cells daily. The lowest cells will always be changing. Please, can someone help? I have Office 2003 for Windows. If you need more information from me, please let me know. =SUM(A1:A5)-MIN(A1:A5)-SMALL(A1:A5,2) -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon ...

OUTLOOK.EXE Entry point not found #2
when i open outlook 2002, i get errors 'the procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL". I replaced the dll from another PC but still get the error. re-installed outlook and re- run windows set up with no success. Dont know what next to do. please help. Thanks in advace ...

Need a method to Dynamicly change the X axis Scale on a chart. #2
I dynamically change the amount of data on a chart. This causes the X axis Scale to either to either show too few values or too many values ( a solid black line if too many). I would like a method to dynamically change the scale values in relation to the data span. Joe - Do you want to limit the number of points displayed? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 Or do you want to link the axis scales to something you calculate in the sheet? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip - Jon ----...

10.1.2 Updater Error Message
Hi, Got a new G5 computer and installed Office X on it. I then loaded SP1 and 10.1.1 and they went fine. Now when I go to run 10.1.2 I get the following error message: 11002:2-15 and then it bombs out. Any ideas on what could be causing this error. Thanks, Peter Nehem P.S- Anti-virus software has been disabled and also tried it out in safe mode. ...

Dynamically populate a drop down list
Hi, I'm trying to dynamically populate a drop down list in MS CRM (1.2) based on certain parameters. I suppose I could do it using a SQL stored procedure, but I would prefer to use standard/supported CRM customizations. Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -Dave- Dave, You can do it in 3.0 pretty easily based upon an example in the SDK... Here are some pretty pictures... http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2005/12/04/499868.aspx I have not tried it with 1.2, but it could probably work... Thanks Ben "Dave" <renor321@yahoo.com> wrot...

CRM Integration with MBS/Dynamics products
Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark There is nothing available yet. You would need to build it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jeppe Jespersen" <jdj curly jdj dot dk> wrote in message news:OAfVImWLGHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark ...

PST file #2
Hello, I recently backed up my personal .pst to move from my work computer to my home computer. When I try to open the .pst at home, I get the message "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file d:\backup.pst." Is there someway I can get my e-mail? I no longer have access to my previous Outlook account on my work computer. Thanks, Allan Did you burn a CD? If so, you need to copy the PST file to the hard drive, and then remove the read-only file attribute. Allan Brown wrote: > Hello, > > I recently backed up my personal .pst t...

Dynamics GP 10 and Dynamics AX 4.0
just a half year ago, our company has started to work with Dynamics AX 4.0. Now i am doing some programming in X++ and almost customizing reports. Accidently, i stumpled on Dynamics GP 10.0 and i am wondering what s the difference between AX and GP? What stands GP for? Maybe GP is to replace AX, and our company backs to wrong horse? Does GP 10 contains AX 4.0? I have learnt lot of X++ programming, would it be possible to using X++ in the GT 10 field, too? Great Plains (GP) is another ERP system that Microsoft acquired a few years ago when it acquired the company of the same name. GP ...