Dynamic Date Calculation - Possible to create a formula showing Member Age, based on B'day

Hello is there a formula that will allow me to show the current age of
someone, based on what is entered as their birthday.

So the columns would be

Member age       B'day
Formula here      Typed in manually here.

It would preferable for the Member age to be dynamic, so that as time
progresses, the age will update automatically....if that is possible.

Thanks for any suggestions.
0
js2k111 (48)
5/15/2008 3:24:18 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hey Mike C

you could use this formula, where the birthday is in B2:

=YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(B2)-
IF(TODAY()>=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(B2),DAY(B2)),0,1)

I guess there's a shorter formula, but at least it works :)

hth
Carlo

Mike C wrote:
> Hello is there a formula that will allow me to show the current age of
> someone, based on what is entered as their birthday.
>
> So the columns would be
>
> Member age       B'day
> Formula here      Typed in manually here.
>
> It would preferable for the Member age to be dynamic, so that as time
> progresses, the age will update automatically....if that is possible.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
With
A1: (BirthDate)

This formula returns the number of whole years (Age)
between that date and today:

B1: =DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")&" years"

For more information, see Chip Pearson's coverage
of Excel's (mostly) undocumented DATEDIF function:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

Does that help?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Mike C" <js2k111@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello is there a formula that will allow me to show the current age of
> someone, based on what is entered as their birthday.
>
> So the columns would be
>
> Member age       B'day
> Formula here      Typed in manually here.
>
> It would preferable for the Member age to be dynamic, so that as time
> progresses, the age will update automatically....if that is possible.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

SQL: Summing By Date Continuously?
Two tables: tblPaymentAccrualDaily SecID PayDate PayAmount 003 01/01/2007 123.97 004 01/01/2007 4250.63 003 01/02/2007 123.43 003 01/03 2007 120.45 003 01/04/2007 119.20 003 01/05/2007 130.44 ...and so on for each and every day tblPaymentSchedule SecID PayDate 003 01/03/2007 003 02/03/2007 003 03/05/2007 003 04/03/2007 What I want to do is present, for a given SecID, the total daily accruals from tblPaymentSchedule.PayDate to the next (actually, the day after one PayDate to the next...

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

dynamic resource
Hi, Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly? The bitmap file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow inserted into resource and displayed. thanks What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a ..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far the easiest way to achieve this. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap on the fly. But resource file looks like is static. I use ATL/MFC applicatation. "Ajay Kalra" <aja...

outlook taking ages to open emails
Ive recently reinstalled my pc with xp and since i put office xp on again i've been having problems when opening emails. Firstly i have the preview pane on and when i new email comes in it take about 10secs to load up the preview. When i try open an email fully it also takes about 10secs to open. any ideas why? Disable the Messenger integration; Tools-> Options-> tab Other -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subs...

Australian dates in access
Hey all, I have a control box in my form that asks the user to enter a date. It then takes the date and turns it into the default date so that it will show up on the next record. It accepts the date and saves it to the table in the correct format (dd/mm/yyyy) but then when it copies it over to the next form it converts the date into american format (mm/dd/yyyy). I have worked out it must be something to do with the code. This is what I currently have in the relevant section of coding. Private Sub DateFirstSession_AfterUpdate() DateFirstSession.DefaultValue = "#"...

Problem with date
Hi, I just converted my adp project from Access 2000 to Access 2003. In the 2000 version the date written on the SQL server are OK (mm/dd/yyyy). I use the Access 2000 in French and the SQL server is version 7 in English, and the date is ok on the SQL server. After the conversion the date on the SQL server is dd/mm/yyyy. I used Access 2003 in French and the same sql server that I used with the 2000 version. The regional paramater are the same, English (USA), but my workstation is a Windows French 2000 . The command that insert the data in the sql server is an INSERT INTO with a variable, ...

xml date formats
Hello To creacte a webpage with lot a data i want to export this data from excel to xml. So far so good While exporting the data the date format changes in the excel number and not the dd-mm-yyyy format. Numiek value for example 10,05 is change in 10,0494449 (the original value) but i only want two digi 10,05. Can anybody help me thanks in advance ...

Dynamic sum in Chart
Hello: So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great, EXCEPT when I select different categories to show up, I want to show a SUM of the categories, not the values of each category. I would appreciate any help/advice you may have. Thank you! Michelle In the pivot table you can select different thing like count and SUM etc. If you right click in the upper left vacant square and chose field settings, then select what you want to see in your data section. Misha wrote: > Hello: > > So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great...

Tab seq dynamically...
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...

Problems opening a Workbook created by Excel 2002
hi everyone can someone explain to me why i have problems opening an excel workboo created in excel 2002 with excel 2003? aren't the latest version b able to open files created by any lower version? also, i aske previously can i have 2 version of excel running and a kind sou answered my question but i already have my 2003 installed an running... how can i install the 2002 now? does that i have t uninstall 2003 first, then install 2002, then 2003...? because the sol given to me was to install them in chronological order... is there an other way out because by uninstalling 2003 first, i wou...

Posting Date (POSTEDDT) in the front end
Customer wants to see the Posting Date (POSTEDDT) in SOP30200. This field is using the computer's date and customer wants to see when exactly the sales document was posted. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/...

Using Formulas with Charts
I have a chart that references cells with the following formula =if(a1="","",a1/a2). The formula is used for each month Jan-Dec. I would like to copy the formula across all months. When I do this my data point show as zero for months that have not happened yet. What can I do to not show a line on the chart for a data point with a "" or null value? Thank you, Sandy The cell with the formula isn't blank, and "" does not produce a blank. There is not a formulaic way to simulate a blank, but for many cases, a line chart or XY chart will treat...

TOC showing number of pages in each section
Using Word 2007 I have a document with 20 chapters, and the end of each chapter has a Next Page Section Break. I also have a TOC, but instead of the TOC showing the starting page number of each chapter, I want it to show the {SECTIONPAGES} field for that chapter. Is this possible? TIA David Where in the TOC do you want the number of pages in the section? If you are saying that you want something like this: 1 Section 1 (Number of pages in section one: X) 1.1 First sub-section..................................................7 2 Section 2 (Number of pages in section ...

SharePoint Alternate Access Mapping to my Dynamics GP BP site
Hello, If I have posted this question in the wrong forum please let me know! I’m looking for some guidance on changing the Alternate Access Mapping for my Dynamics Business Portal site. So I can implement Single Sign On via ISA Server which is supported on one web listener. Present configuration: Default Zone: http://geneva:222 I would like to add: Internet Zone: http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com I presently have another SharePoint Collection (The Main Portal) http://geneva configured which listens on Port: 80. I tried to add the Alternate Access Mapping http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com...

How can a calculated value be displayed wiyhin a text string
I am trying to display calculated value in a text string. The value could change as the variables change. the use of the Ampersand "&" ="all " & (2+3) & " people" will show as all 5 people If you want the number to be in a given format check the text() funciton in help. "Furrukh" wrote: > I am trying to display calculated value in a text string. The value could > change as the variables change. You don't give any details, but perhaps something like ="The sum of the first 10 values is " & SUM(A1:A10) &a...

Mail Merge
Hi I am the admin on the crm 4.0 environment here. Whenever i do a mail merge through outlook or through the web client i dont get the create activites dialog box. Instead i always get a pop up saying "Opening this document will run a SQL command and data from the database will be placed into your document" When i click yes to continue , I get a pop saying mail merge can not find the data source... and then two options to remove all merge info or remove data header source.. any ideas what i could do to fix this? regards Snow White ...

member initialization list
I'm trying to initialize a member (defined in a class) while constructor is running but compiler complains for "=". Can you advise me on this please? how can I assing the Num to m_Num ? CChild::CChild( int Num, CWnd* pParent /*=NULL*/) : CDialog(CChild::IDD, pParent), m_Num = Num <==== here { //{{AFX_DATA_INIT(CChild) // NOTE: the ClassWizard will add member initialization here //}}AFX_DATA_INIT } regards, Thanks I got it! it should have a syntax as m_Num(Num) regards, "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eFq5P1GuEHA.135...

Anyone Else Want "as of" date for receiving POs?
The whole COGS system in RMS does not make sense. The fact that the COGS is permanently recorded in the database at the time of the sale does not take into account timing issues that occur in the normal course of business. For example, quite frequently I am unable to receive and commit items to the database the second they physically arrive (either due to time constraints or because I have not received the invoice from the supplier or know all of my costs yet, so I do not know the exact cost value yet). However, if it is physically in stock, I want to sell it if a customer asks, even if...

dynamic charting #2
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

Need a method to Dynamicly change the X axis Scale on a chart. #2
I dynamically change the amount of data on a chart. This causes the X axis Scale to either to either show too few values or too many values ( a solid black line if too many). I would like a method to dynamically change the scale values in relation to the data span. Joe - Do you want to limit the number of points displayed? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 Or do you want to link the axis scales to something you calculate in the sheet? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip - Jon ----...

Dynamically populate a drop down list
Hi, I'm trying to dynamically populate a drop down list in MS CRM (1.2) based on certain parameters. I suppose I could do it using a SQL stored procedure, but I would prefer to use standard/supported CRM customizations. Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -Dave- Dave, You can do it in 3.0 pretty easily based upon an example in the SDK... Here are some pretty pictures... http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2005/12/04/499868.aspx I have not tried it with 1.2, but it could probably work... Thanks Ben "Dave" <renor321@yahoo.com> wrot...

How do I create a double sided postcard
I am creating a graduation announcement. One side has all the details. On the other side I wanted to be able to type in my return address, so all I would have to do is address them and stamp them. How can I do this? Open the file; now do an Insert, Page. You now have a second page which is the back side of your postcard. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Meghan" <Meghan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF24C43E-487B-4932-B1BD-74B7EAECF87D@microsoft.com... >I am creating a graduation announcement. One side has all the details. On > the other side I want...

Sum amounts based on date field
I have two columns. Column A is a date time column. Column B is an amount column. I want to calculate the amounts by the hour and place the hourly totals in Column C and the date time of that hour in Column D. Below is an example of the data and how I would like Column C and Column D to look. Column A Column B Column C Column D DATE AMOUNT TOTALS/HR DATE 01/01/2009 01:10:10 50 75 01/01/2009 01:00:00 01/01/2009 01:20:05 25 10 ...

How do I stop the date auto formating
I am importing data into Excel from an html table using cut'n'paste. Th data that i am importing has a from and to date, in the format 98-99 o 01-03 etc. The 98-03 imports fine but 01-03 gets changed to 01-Mar and when i sav it to csv it changes again to 38048. I'm sure this is something simple but I cant seem to resolve it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Things I have tried so far: format cell to special [oo-oo] format cell to special [yy-yy] manually change format from 01-03 to 01 - 03 no success so far --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com...

CRM Integration with MBS/Dynamics products
Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark There is nothing available yet. You would need to build it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jeppe Jespersen" <jdj curly jdj dot dk> wrote in message news:OAfVImWLGHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark ...