Duplicate look_up values in VLOOKUP #3

Hi all,

I've got a VLOOKUP formula functioning in the usual way. However,
sometimes the look_up value is duplicated. When this occurs VLOOKUP
always returns the first instance of the entry. Is there a means to get
Excel to ignore entries it has already returned an entry for?

The VLOOKUP is part of a bigger formula, being:

=IF(AND('Dependency Log'!$A2=Matrix!$B3, 'Dependency
Log'!$E2=Matrix!D$2),(VLOOKUP($B3,look_up,2,FALSE) ),"")

Any ideas?

TIA,

SamuelT

--
SamuelT
SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27501

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

For anyone who's interested, I sorted out the problem with the followin
formula:

{=IF(AND('Dependency Log'!$A2=Matrix!$B3,'Dependenc
Log'!$E2=Matrix!D$2),(INDEX('Dependenc
Log'!B2:F10,MATCH(Matrix!B3&Matrix!D2,'Dependenc
Log'!C2:C10&'Dependency Log'!E2:E10,FALSE),1)))

--
Samuel
SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2750
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51000

Duplicates

Drop Down Menus #3
I am creating a spreadsheet with product name, numbers, manufacturers etc. I created drop down menus for product numbers using dat validation. Now I need to figure out how to make the other informatio (product name, manufacturer, etc) display in the other cells once select the product number. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi probably VLOOKUP is the function you're looking for. Some assumptions for my example: - A1 stores the result of your product-no. validation listbox - you have a data sheet (lets say 'product_data')...

Customersource #3
Hi! For the last 2 days I have been trying to log into customersource and I get error messages. Is the site down? HI Manny, I have been using this it is working. "Manny" wrote: > Hi! For the last 2 days I have been trying to log into customersource and I > get error messages. Is the site down? > > > ...

SOP transactions not posted/posted??? #3
Hi, I have a weird sort of Error in the SOP module of Great Plains version 7 (pervasive) The smart list shows an Invoice as unposted, but when go do to the Sales Transaction entry screen and enter the invoice number, a pop up displays a message that the inovoice number is posted??? i have tried to run check links, but it shows no errors... so how can this be resolved... thanks in advance Sajid Saeed ...

Y-axis labels or values
Hello! I've searched through the posts, and couldn't find this question listed. I want to change the values of the Y-axis to reflect the definitions I've chosen instead of numbers. I'm using a simple column chart, I'm not 100% sure if it's the chart or the way I've set up my table that's the problem. Below is a simplified example of what I'm trying to do. I want the series data, or the columns/X-axis to reflect the items Spending, Expenses, Budget. I want to have the values of the Y-axis to list Low, Medium, High, and for the columns to go to the appro...

Receiving duplicate emails

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

Printing issues #3
I am trying to print a postcard (designed in publisher) using Avery #5389 postcard stock. I can't get the margins right so that both postcards are centered and don't overlap. Are you using a template? Are you saying your printer is not lining up correctly? Print to plain paper and adjust accordingly. Your roller may not be feeding quite right. If you are using a template there will be one card on your screen. Are you setting up the cards manually? This is the measurements you should be using in Arrange, layout guides, if you are doing the cards manually. Left and Right margi...

VAT
Can someone help me out with handling VAT? This is the situation, we have a vendor in Europe but the billing address is to a US address. In this case the goods never leaves Europe. We are charge VAT how do we handle that in Great Plains. This is our first time for a situation like this. Thanks in advance, We have a European entity that calculates VAT. They have the VAT module (I don't know if it is an add-on or if it comes standard). In order to get the VAT to work right, we had to make sure the shipping methods and payment terms were entered correctly. VAT should not use the...

Easiest way of moving CRM 3 data to new server
We setup all of our CRM 3 data on an old server. Now that we are using CRM for real, we have ordered a nice new shiny box for CRM to run on. Is there an easy way to move the CRM data across from the current box to the new one? If not, its not a great problem, but would save a lot of boring jobs for someone here. Olly Check the Implementation Guide for the recovery options. You can follow those basic steps to "restore" the data to the new SQL box. Another option would be to explore the Redeployment Tool. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Oliver Marshall" <O...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

return maximum y and x value
:Hi I put together a spreadsheet to plot x and y coordinates to produce a sine like curve in a chart. Is there a way to return the maximum x and y values from the curve? Much appreciated. B ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Since XL only plots what's in the worksheet, wouldn't the max/min values you seek be in the worksheet? Use the MIN and MAX worksheet functions to get the results you need. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www...

CRM 3.0 Performance 07-02-06
I have a customer who is a bit dissapointed in the performance of CRM in the Outlook client. CRM is running on a SBS server and there only is 5 users, no problem with performance, 2 3 ghz processors 3 gb ram. The problem is that he is comparing it to the financesystem with native database which responds the same time he click a button. CRM takes some time to load the first page and also performs slower than what he is used to opening the next pages of the same entity. He can't understand why this new product is so slow, tomorrow I have to explain it to him. Have any of you had this...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

Duplicates!
Why do the songs in my media player library often duplicate or tripulicate themselves, so i end up with a library three times the size it should be. I have on occassions gone through and deleted all the replicated songs, but over a period of time they seem to "grow again" filling my library again with unwanted duplicates, taking up more space and memory. Is there anyway i can stop this happening????? Thanks. What version of WMP/Windows? First, make sure that WMP isn't monitoring the same folder twice. Duplicate songs can appear when, for example, both C:\Music a...

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...

Min, Max Value Labels in Line Chart
How do I label the minimum and maximum values of a series in a line chart? Thanks in advance from this Excel beginner. Here's one way: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FormatMinMax.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Freddy" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:YbWdnUsnYJYJnPzZRVn-vQ@giganews.com... > How do I label the minimum and maximum values of a series in a line chart? > > Thanks in advance from this Excel beginner. > ...

Excel - VLOOKUP Question
Hi, I think this is a really simple problem, but under pressure (!) an need to solve the problem. Please can you help. I am using this formula: =VLOOKUP($P$1,V8:W9,2,FALSE) to match a number to corresponding word. The problem is that, if "1" is in P1, then it matches the word from V to W8, ABC. But then if "2" goes into P1, the word stays as ABC, an does not update. Do you get what I mean? Please can you help as to why its doing this. Ta Andre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! Are the numbers 1 and 2 exact or calculated? Could be an issue o r...

BP and Share Point Services 3.0
All: Does anyone know if BP3.0 is compatible with Sharepoint Services 3.0? If so, has anyone tried an install yet? Thanks, Dwight -- Just bumping the same question as I'd like to know also. Thanks. "Dwight Specht" wrote: > All: > > Does anyone know if BP3.0 is compatible with Sharepoint Services 3.0? If > so, has anyone tried an install yet? > > Thanks, > > Dwight > > -- > > > > I also need the answer to this one. I'd like to use SPSS v3.0 or MOSS 2007 with Business Portal v3.0... "Dnelson" wro...

Averages of absolute values
Hi I'm switching over from QuattroPro to EXCEL and am having some newbie problems. I have a list positive and negative numbers (A1..A25). I would like to calculate the average of the absolute values. The only method I have been able to come up with is to calculate the absolute values in column B using B1=ABS(A1), B2=ABS(A2), etc. Then use A26=AVERAGE(B1..B25) and hide column B. Is there a better way to do this? In Quattro Pro I would use @AVG(@ABS(A1..A25)), but a similar method doesn't seem to work in Excel. Thank you, Rob Ron Array enter the following formula: =SUM...

Vlookup function...
Sheet "Employee Data" holds usernames of about 1500 employees in the format "joe.bloggs" in column A and employee payroll numbers in the format 00001, 00002, etc in column B I am looking for a formula so that in another worksheet, where an employee types a name in the format "Joe", "Bloggs", "joe.bloggs" or Joe Bloggs" in the cell in column C, it will return the relevant payroll number in column D. If there is another employee called (say) Fred Bloggs and the employee just types in "Bloggs", I would like it to r...