Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

Hi,
I'm new to the group, so hope I don't disgrace myself.
I have a list of names in the first column, and their respective postal
codes in the second. Unfortunately, many of the names, (and respective
codes), are duplicated... sometimes there are up to four of the same name,
(and code), under each other.
Is there a way to get rid up the duplicates and make a usable list please? I
can do it manually of course, but ..
..
Thanks.
Dave

0
davec1 (1)
9/14/2004 6:55:31 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Dave

Data>Filter>Advanced Filter.  "unique records only"  and "copy to another
location"

For more on this visit Debra Dalgleish at

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfilter01.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:55:31 +0100, "Dave Corbett" <davec@enterprise.net>
wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm new to the group, so hope I don't disgrace myself.
>I have a list of names in the first column, and their respective postal
>codes in the second. Unfortunately, many of the names, (and respective
>codes), are duplicated... sometimes there are up to four of the same name,
>(and code), under each other.
>Is there a way to get rid up the duplicates and make a usable list please? I
>can do it manually of course, but ..
>.
>Thanks.
>Dave

0
Gord
9/14/2004 7:07:17 PM
Data, Filter, Advanced Filter, Unique REcords Only.
More info here:

http://www.uncc.edu/sysdev/howtos/excel/advanced%20filtering.htm

Hope this helps!

Judy Freed
Systems Development
UNC Charlotte

"Dave Corbett" <davec@enterprise.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm new to the group, so hope I don't disgrace myself.
> I have a list of names in the first column, and their respective postal
> codes in the second. Unfortunately, many of the names, (and respective
> codes), are duplicated... sometimes there are up to four of the same name,
> (and code), under each other.
> Is there a way to get rid up the duplicates and make a usable list please?
> can do it manually of course, but ..
> .
> Thanks.
> Dave

Duplicates

Receiving duplicate emails

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...

Duplicates!
Why do the songs in my media player library often duplicate or tripulicate themselves, so i end up with a library three times the size it should be. I have on occassions gone through and deleted all the replicated songs, but over a period of time they seem to "grow again" filling my library again with unwanted duplicates, taking up more space and memory. Is there anyway i can stop this happening????? Thanks. What version of WMP/Windows? First, make sure that WMP isn't monitoring the same folder twice. Duplicate songs can appear when, for example, both C:\Music a...

duplicate emails received
I've been receiving duplicate emails. This doesn't happen with all the emails I receive, only with some of them. "Leave a copy on the server" is not checked. I don't know the reason why this happens. Can somebody help me. Thanks in advance. ...

Delete duplicate record
Hi, I have a table with 10,000 rows and 10 columns. Column 1 has text values, I want to delete the record if they have a duplicate, that is delete all the records. So if Column 1 has a two, three, four,... rows with the same value I would delete ALL the two, three, four... rows. I have a query that finds the duplicate, but how do you delete this? Thanks for your help on this Dear Jeff, You could create an exact same table structure without any records. In that new table make the column 1 the primary key. Then append the table. "Jeff" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a t...

RM00401 duplicated document numbers
Hi everyone, We are using version 10.00 There are some batches that don't post correctly. When the posting process begins, is getting stuck in some point in the progress and crashes. When we search in the tables, the documents appear in both WORK and HIST SOPs. This case has ocurred before, so, what we do is search and be sure that the GL accounts are ok, affecting the right amounts and then, delete the transaction of the WORK table. The problem we have now, is that every time the batch is trying to post, creates a docnumbr in the RM00401 with the same number and 0's added. For exam...

searching a column for duplicate, then replacing the row.
i have a userform that pulls in information from a row on spreadsheet. i.e. workbook(1).sheets(1) column A contains a list of numbers. userform1.listbox1 has a list of all the numbers in column A when the listbox1 is clicked it fills in all the appropriate control with what is in the other columns on the same row. column A number i placed in textbox1 on userform. right now, after changes to the form and the user clicks th commandbutton to save. it creates a whole new row with the same numbe in column A, so i have duplicates. is there a way to replace the entire row instead? with a msgbo...

Duplicates
I trying to use a formula to find Duplicates Entries in a Single Column. I tried some formulas I found it but they didn't work. Let me Clarify The Item may be listed several times. Possible 12 times. Such as Blue Red Blue Yellow Blue Green Blue So I would need to know every time Blue shows up. My goal is to delete all but one of the Items. "klafert" wrote: > I trying to use a formula to find Duplicates Entries in a Single Column. I > tried some formulas I found it but they didn't work. Assuming that your first Blue entry is in A2, ...

receivde mail as duplicate all the time
Hi, my outlook mail inbox always received same message duplicate sometimes triplicate as same messgae. how can i correct just once mail message, not duplicate or triplicate of same message? YH Lee <YH Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, my outlook mail inbox always received same message duplicate > sometimes triplicate as same messgae. how can i correct just once > mail message, not duplicate or triplicate of same message? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Local Range Name & Sheet Duplication
Hi, In my workbook, I have a global variable sheet called "GlobalVars" and individual worksheets. The GlobalVars will have variables that affect all calculation sheets. My variables are localized to this sheet. An individual worksheet represents a region. It will use both specific region inputs and global variables (brought over from GlobalVars) . It performs the region's calculations. Again, all variables are localized. I want to be able to duplicate an individual worksheet as many times as needed. But when I do this, the variables from GlobalVars break. I am left...

Duplicate A/P invioces
GP's V8 checks for duplicate A/P invoices using vendor ID & invoice # only but we work in a sector where many "invoices" are not prenumbered. Is there a way to increase the number of factors checked, specifically amount? Thanks The factors are hard coded. You would need to create your own business logic using VBA, Dexterity, or whatever. -- Charles Allen, MVP "noyb" wrote: > GP's V8 checks for duplicate A/P invoices using vendor ID & invoice # > only but we work in a sector where many "invoices" are not prenumbered. > Is there...

Duplicate Detection
Hi I have duplicate detection enabled on my system and it works when an account, contact or lead is created or updated. However when I run a duplicate detection job on the accounts and leads I can click on view duplicates and see all the duplicates. When I click on view duplicates for a contacts duplicate job , the screen just keeps at the green circle and nothing loads. I have even tried running the job for a very small subset of the data but still no luck. I look forward to some suggestions. Regards CRMUser2008 Are you on 3.0 or 4.0? On Nov 19, 4:21=A0am, CRM 2008 <CRM2...@disc...

How to indentify duplicates in a "Self Populating" field?
I have a database of information for the products I deal with (i.e. Product names, Product ID numbers, Product Pricing...). Using the DGET function formal, I can populate a list of products according to the criteria used in DGET. I was wondering is there a formula or way to identify duplicate entries within a field (i.e. - Product ID numbers). Some products use the same accessories and I want to limit the list of accessories (or at least identify the duplicates) so that I can isolate the accessory one time without having it listed several times. All I need is help identifying duplic...

Duplicate transactions from updating online
I have searched and searched for answers and I can't find any. I tried calling Microsoft but they tell me to contact my computer manufacturer to answer software problems that they didn't even give me. I searched the chat and I keep seeing you respond to everyone and was wondering if you could help. I have a few problems. 1. I keep getting duplicate transactions from my bank statement when I update online. I bank with Bank of America. It is frustrating to go through your account and edit all the transactions when they keep appearing after each update. Then it will do the same thi...

Capture Bulk Insert Duplicate Rowcount
SQL Server 2008 Std, SP1, Windows 2008 I am using bulk insert to load a large amount of data into my database. The tables have a primary key with the ignore duplicate values turned on. Everything works just fine, but I would like to track the number of rows from the input file that do NOT get loaded due to a duplicate value. Does anyone know of a way to capture this? Much thanx for any help with this... -- Jeff Carrington DBA comScore Inc. Jeff Carrington (JeffCarrington@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > SQL Server 2008 Std, SP1, Windows 2008 I am using bulk insert...

Sorting out Duplicates
I have a price list with part numbers sorted on the left and price so the right... The genius who wrote the price list doubled up on a whol bunch of numbers. Is there a way to identify the duplicates ? 110204 110205 110206 110208 110208 110208 A-12322 B-12312 B-12312 B-12350 B-12367 Actually I know there is ... I have been using the following function after sorting by part number... A2 part number B2 =if(a2=a1,true,false) c2 =if(a2=a3,true,false) d2 =if(or(b2=true,c2=true),true,false) What that does is say true in the c column for dup part numbers.... What I am actually trying to d...

Duplicate Email #6
I use two computers at work. Both are setup to check my various POP accounts. I am trying to understand how I could transfer all the email (received and sent) from one machine to the other. My main concern is to not lose any emails and duplicates. I'm trying not to have a bunch of duplicates. Any ideas? TIA Steve Hello Steve, The best is, to get a free email account at gmx or better another account of your own company domain, and configurate a new user and after this you make a rule that all emails going as copy to this new User (email) I think thats it "Steve" <someo...