duplicate data in column

I created a spreadsheet with three columns from data pulled that may not be
correct. One of the columns is MAC address which I know there are duplicates
in this column.

Based off the 500 rows, I am trying to figure how can I find out where a MAC
Address is in the MAC Address more than once. I have found that the MAC
address which is tied to a device could be in two locations and I am trying
to narrow where it might be since the place we get all the data is never
updated.

Excel Format example of the file

Location    Number    MACAddress
      DC1 21 00A0F8610E1C
      DC1 20 00A0F8610E19

Below is an example of a MAC Address in two locations
      DC1 21 00A0F8610E1C
      DC2 21 00A0F8610E1C

0
BigDaddy1 (1)
7/15/2006 3:02:23 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

In D2 enter
=IF(COUNTIF(C:C,C2)>1,"DUPLICATE","")

and copy down

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Big D" <BigDaddy@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>I created a spreadsheet with three columns from data pulled that may
>not be correct. One of the columns is MAC address which I know there
>are duplicates in this column.
>
> Based off the 500 rows, I am trying to figure how can I find out where
> a MAC Address is in the MAC Address more than once. I have found that
> the MAC address which is tied to a device could be in two locations
> and I am trying to narrow where it might be since the place we get all
> the data is never updated.
>
> Excel Format example of the file
>
> Location    Number    MACAddress
>      DC1 21 00A0F8610E1C
>      DC1 20 00A0F8610E19
>

> Below is an example of a MAC Address in two locations
>      DC1 21 00A0F8610E1C
>      DC2 21 00A0F8610E1C

0
roger5293 (1125)
7/15/2006 8:49:51 PM
ASAP Utilities, which is a free add-in easily found by Googling "ASAP
Utilities," makes this an easy job.

After installing the add-in, highlight the range that includes your lists,
and go to "ASAP Utilities/Information/Count Duplicates in Selection." This
will color the cells that contain duplicate data (regardless of order) and
give you a count of duplicates. Easy as pie.

Incidently, this is exactly the answer I gave to a posting just a few days
ago. You can often find answers to your questions by searching in the forum
-- also easy as pie: Just type a key word like "duplicates" in the search box
above.

"Big D" wrote:

> I created a spreadsheet with three columns from data pulled that may not be
> correct. One of the columns is MAC address which I know there are duplicates
> in this column.
>
> Based off the 500 rows, I am trying to figure how can I find out where a MAC
> Address is in the MAC Address more than once. I have found that the MAC
> address which is tied to a device could be in two locations and I am trying
> to narrow where it might be since the place we get all the data is never
> updated.
>
> Excel Format example of the file
>
> Location    Number    MACAddress
>       DC1 21 00A0F8610E1C
>       DC1 20 00A0F8610E19
>

> Below is an example of a MAC Address in two locations
>       DC1 21 00A0F8610E1C
>       DC2 21 00A0F8610E1C

0
traveller (56)

Data validation
Can data validation be set up to accept a 0( (zero) or any whole number between 25,000 and 10,000,000? Or does this have to be controlled with VBA? This needs to work with xll03 and later versions This DV formula should work fine: =AND(ISNUMBER(A2),A2>=25000,A2<=10000000) Joy? hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Brad" wrote: > Can data validation be set up to accept a 0( (zero) or any whole number > between 25,000 and 10,000,000? Or does this have to be controlled with VBA? > > This needs to work with xll03 and later versions > ...

Duplicates

No data in my journal!
I'm new to RMS and have recently installed our first customer with RMS 2.0 So far, we have gotten everything installed working to the customers liking minus a few things here and there. One of these things is that reprinting a receipt or reprinting from the journal doesn't seem to work. It contains no data in the journal to do any kind of reprint. Is this an option i have to enable to retain receipts in the journal? Yes - you need to check mark "journal receipts from this printer" in the receipt printer tab / tabs of your register - in SO manager go to database - regi...

view data from one table update and save to another table
I have a tabl do this without amending te with item data which I sow on a form to create a purchase order, where the item data may require amending before publishing to the supplier. How do I do this without amending original data which for audit purposes must remain as original. "Bloggsy" <Bloggsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74D11113-3C3F-441F-8031-FA31035ED0B7@microsoft.com... >I have a tabl do this without amending te with item data which I sow on a > form to create a purchase order, where the item data may require amending > before publish...

Clear contents of last two rows of data on sheet
Hi. I'm using v 2003. I need a couple of lines of code that will delete or clear the contents of the last two rows on a sheet that have data in them. In other words, if there are 800 lines of data and I want rows 799 and 800 to be deleted or contents cleared. The number of the last row varies everytime I run the report. Can anyone help? Thanks! Dani Hi Dani, Here are 2 options. See the comments for when to use the option. 'Option 1 Sub DeleteRows1() 'When a specific column will always have data in last row. Dim lastRow As Long With Sheets("S...

Scatter Chart Data Point Highlighting
I have a scatter chart with smooted lines and no data markers tha represents a (one) mathematical function. Is it possible to highligh (mark) one data point and from that point draw parallel (dashed) line to the x and y axes? By hovering over the chart you can pop up the data values but I wan (if possible) the parrallel lines to better visualize the position o the selected point on the axes -- rvExcelNewTi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rvExcelNewTip's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566 View this thread:...

Convert calendar data
I am trying to export my calendar data from one program into yahoo. Here is the current format layout in a csv file: Subject, Start Date, Description, Start Time, End Date, End Time. Here is the layout that I need it to be: Subject, Start Date, Start Time, End Date End Time, All day event Description. 1. I need to have the Description field moved to the end of th record. 2. The Description data from the current layout needs to be to be unde the Subject header not the Description. 2. The new All day event field needs to be added and populated wit "FALSE" 3. And I think each data ...

XML heading on the Data menu in excel?
Mine is missing on my newly installed copy of MS Office Professional Enterprise Edition 2003. It is also missing the XML Schema tabs in Word! I need to know how i can find XML please help... email me at karenbutterfly@verizon.net thank you Karen If the XML item is missing from the Data toolbar you might try resetting your menus. Select View, Toolbars, Customize. On the Toolbars tab select Worksheet Menu Bar near the end and click Reset. -- Jim "karenButterfly" <karenButterfly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFEA2D2A-3EB0-45CC-990E-F16BCBD2F965@micro...

Need to create blank computation column
Ok, let's try again. This time I'm breaking it down to a simple problem so that I don't confuse anyone: I have 3 cells in a row. In cell x I have a variable. In cell y I have a variable. In cell z I have a formula: =x*y . Now if the user is presented with variable x and nothing for variable y, and the formula is already in place, cell z will display 0. But I want the user to be presented with a blank field instead, until such time he/she enters in a variable for cell y. Therefore, I need to know what command will tell cell z to display a figure only if the computation is ...

enter data in cell which will start macro to move data to sheet2
I have two sheets, one sheet has name, score, handicap, net score. I have a macro that I run after I enter the new score and it updates sheet2. I would like to enter data on sheet1 and it auto update on sheet2. The column's are a, b, c, d. I update column b. When it updates it needs to take column (a) name, and column (b) score and update it on sheet2, with the lowest score first. Again I have a macro that I start and update after I've finished entering the scores, just looking for a quicker way to do this. Thank You ...

To restart from 1 primary key auto incriment column MSAccess 20
Hi all, How I can initialise primary key auto incriment number in MSAccess 2007. I want to restart from 1 . Please advice me "pol" <pol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1A97EBB-0E08-483C-A378-EC7A2CACFE89@microsoft.com... > How I can initialise primary key auto incriment number in MSAccess 2007. > I want to restart from 1. Steps: 1. Delete any existing records in the table. 2. Compact the database. (Office button | Manage.) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com...

Filtering out Data
Hi i have a spreadsheet, were i want the user to input all data onto the first worksheet. I then want to be able to transfer, certain rows based on set criteria to other worksheets. Is this possible using any excel functions, or does it require me to use macros and or programming Cheers Jo Hi Jo, Use rhe Advanced Filter feature on the Data menu. Debra Dalgleish has an excellent tutorial on Advanced Filter at: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html Note particularly, Debra's instructions for 'Extractng data to another worksheet' --- Regards, Norman &qu...

Some questions about crm performanse on large amounts of data
Hi all! Our organization planning to use ms crm solution. We have about 3 000 000 of customers, and we worry about performance on this data. Can anyone of you manage relative amount of information? Where i can read about it? Thank you. On Feb 16, 6:14 am, "Alexandro" <non.alexan...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all! Our organization planning to use ms crm solution. We have > about 3 000 000 of customers, and we worry about performance on this > data. Can anyone of you manage relative amount of information? Where i > can read about it? > Thank you. Hi, i m someone wor...

group & summarize diff rows of data that have something in common
I am trying to arrange a large amount of data (inventory) in 2 different ways. 1) Group all identical parts into one row and 2) Group all identical locations into one row. I dont know how to do this. I am dealing with over 3,000 rows. Any suggestions? Depending on your workbook layout, you may be able to use a pivot table to summarize the data. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm pkunAAC wrote: > I am trying to arrange a large amount of data (inventory) in 2 different &g...

Receiving duplicate emails

Sort column containing different data types
Can anyone help, I have a column with project codes in the following format 123 146/5 1246 1344 102/3 Is there any way to sort the column by the numeric values to the left of the character symbol only, so that it reads: 102/3 and not 123 result with normal sort 123 102/3 146/5 1246 1246 1344 1344 146/5 Is there any way round this other than separating the code into separate columns ?? p, My Excel add-in Special Sort will sort by the first group (or last group) of numbers in the cell entry. It sorted your numbers as follows... 102/3 123 1...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

Easiest way of moving CRM 3 data to new server
We setup all of our CRM 3 data on an old server. Now that we are using CRM for real, we have ordered a nice new shiny box for CRM to run on. Is there an easy way to move the CRM data across from the current box to the new one? If not, its not a great problem, but would save a lot of boring jobs for someone here. Olly Check the Implementation Guide for the recovery options. You can follow those basic steps to "restore" the data to the new SQL box. Another option would be to explore the Redeployment Tool. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Oliver Marshall" <O...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

excel graphs are locked up; no dragging or additional data entry a
my excell graphs have locked up and do not permit additional data entry or dragging. i note the file extension now has -group- next to it where it just contained file name only before today. must have hit wrong button but can't figure out what i have done. want to unlock graphs. thanks Hi, Sounds like you have select multiple worksheets, which will cause the [Group] to appear. Right click a sheet tab and choose Ungroup sheets. Cheers Andy horse.man wrote: > my excell graphs have locked up and do not permit additional data entry or > dragging. i note the file extension now ...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...