Drop down list question...

Here is one for you...  I want to make a workbook with the following
ability.

Pick an item from that drop down list in column "A" and it shows a price
in column "B".  I would assume I need a second sheet with the data
paired up, but how do I set it up to pull said data to another sheet?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
see:
and

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"GR" <gordonrmac@NOSPAMgmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Here is one for you...  I want to make a workbook with the following
> ability.
>
> Pick an item from that drop down list in column "A" and it shows a
price
> in column "B".  I would assume I need a second sheet with the data
> paired up, but how do I set it up to pull said data to another sheet?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Modifier question
Is it possible to import a Form with VBA onto a GP system that isn't registered for Customization Site Enabler or Modifier? From my understanding, I don't believe that you can, but was wondering if there was some kind of workaround to get a Form with VBA imported. Thanks in advance! No there isn't a workaround. If you don't have either of these, VBA is not initialized and it won't import. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "danrose03" <danrose03@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

simpleType Question
Is this correct? I am representing my database in an XML schema, but I am not just naming an element=database field. But some of my IDs (i.e. USER_ID, and PROFILE_ID) are not the same length in numbers. They are defined in the database as NUMBERPS(2,0), NUMBERPS(3,0),...,NUMBERPS(8,0). Therefore in my complexTypes should my ID/Identity fields use a simpleType with the limiting facets. For example: <xs:complexType name="application"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="app_id" type="id4" /> <xs:element name="enabled_ind"...

Query Question 01-29-10
If the field 2ndCompany is "True" then "#" if not " " This is not quite working as all Clients are getting a "#" 2ndCompAlert1: IIf(Not IsNull([2ndCompany]),"#") -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 Bob: If 2ndCompany is a Boolean (Yes/No) data type: 2ndCompAlert1: IIf([2ndCompany],"#","") If it’s a text data type with a value 'True': 2ndCompAlert1: IIf([2ndCompany] = "True","#&quo...

Cryptic question
I apologize for not being more descriptive in my first question money would not copy to CD. I was trying to put the file not money itself onto CD. What I would like to do is put the file to CD and then run money off to CD. I hope I'm wording this right as I am new to computers. It will not copy to a floppy disk neither. But it backs up just fine to CD ...

Formula Question #6
I have a spreadsheet the contains different locations and students that have either passed or failed a test. Columns c2-c146 contain the name of the students location and columns d2-d146 contain the words pass or fail. I can do a formula for counting the number a student at a location or how many passed or failed. I used =COUNTIF(C2:C146,"Bennettsville") for counting how many students at that location and =COUNTIF(D2:D146,"Pass") for counting students that passed from every location. I want to combine them to find out how many passed or failed at a given location. Sugg...

Invoice Form Question
I've created an Invoice form which seems to work pretty well for creating invoices, but now the Office folks would like to add some functionality. Right now, we track our orders by Order Number. The Order Entry table includes information that is unique to the order as a whole. There is also an associated Order Details table which includes information specific the line item for a specific order. The Part Numbers table includes information that is standard to the Part Number. Right now the Invoice information is included on the Order Entry table. My thinking was that the relatio...

Making a shopping list
This was posted by a friend in another forum. Please can someone format a a table in excel for me. I need a tabl that displays a list of items that i can enter a number in a colum nex to an item, this would then generate another table that i could the print showing only the items i have have selected and the qauntity. i like a shopping list from a supermarket . It's really anniying me that I can't work it out, as it seems very ver simple to do -- EARTHWALKE ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EARTHWALKER's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/...

quicker entry of list rows
If a cell within a list contains a formula, when a add a new row to the list #I typically want the formula copied to the new row. While this is not hard to do it gets repetitive. I'd like either for Excel to auto-copy formulae when entering a new row within a list or to have an option to choose columns within a list that are to be auto-copied. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, foll...

Deleted Server still appears in MTA queue list
Hi all, I recently deleted a server from our 5.5 Org. This went fine but we notice that that server still appears in the drop down list when you check the MTA queues. No mail is in the queue for the deleted server but I was wondering if anyone knew why it might still be appearing there and if it can be removed from the list somehow. Thanks. On Wed, 4 May 2005 10:40:02 -0700, Thorin Miley <ThorinMiley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, I recently deleted a server from our 5.5 Org. This went fine but we >notice that that server still appears in the drop down list w...

Dlookup Question
I have a form that needs to look up a "goal" by matching several fields in a > table. I can't figure out how to do dlookup with multiple criteria > > Form = frmManualTaskDataEntry > [employee] > [cbxMailCodeTask] > [cbxState] > [cbxDisabilityIndicator] > [cbxVolumeCode] > > Table = tblMailCodeTasks > MailCodeTask > State > DisabilityIndicator > VolumeCode > Goal > Active Here's what I have that doesn't work: Private Sub cbxCompany_AfterUpdate() Me![Goal] = DLookup("[Goal]", "tblMailC...

RMS SO 2.0 Manager
On one of my RMS SO 2.0 Manager's computer I'm having a huge delay (about 5 minutes) before the Item list shows up (Database - Items). This only happens on this one machine that's "directly" connected to the RMS server (no VPN etc), while it's trying to bring up the Items List the SOMANAGER.EXE process CPU Utilization stays at 99% and there is no network utilization/activity. When I bring up an (all) Item List/Value report it doesn't take very long at all. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows of a potential solution? I've already tried r...

Case sensitivity question/problem
Hey there, I have 2 modules that open the exact same recordset, but with different queries, yet the queries are basically the exact same. Anyway, my first module runs perfect. The second one errors on duplicate value being inserted and I debugged and found out why: If fld.Name = "PromoId" Then If IsNull(fld.Value) Then Promo = "" Else Promo = fld.Value End If End If This is the exact pice of code taken from both modules, no differences. PromoID, with an uppercase D is the PK f...

Postoffice Address List
Recently bought a laptop with XP professional with Outlook 2003. Our company network has machines with Outlook 2000 that use postoffice address list. I am no longer receiving emails from other employees (I do receive email from outside). Can postoffice address list be used with XP? What should I do about this? Thank you very much. Talk to your mail admin at work - no one here knows what your work uses or how to troubleshoot it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail...

Junk E-mail lists
We have IMF enabled on Exchange 2003 and the junk email can deliver to the Outlook 2003 Junk folder without any problem. But one of our user currently notice all junk are now going into her Inbox instead of the Junk folder, after check, I found the following message appear when rebulid her Outlook profile. "Unable to add to the server Junk E-mail Lists, you are over the size allowed on the server. The Junk Email Filter on the server will be disabled until you Junk E-mail Lists have been reduced to the size allowed on the server." But I cannot find any contents under the Outlook...

how do I use color in drop down list in Excel
I am creating a drop down list with three items in it. I would like for each item to have it's own color. Is this possible? -- TroyB Not possible within the dropdown. You can color the cell after the choice is made using Conditional Formatting. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:39:02 -0800, TroyB <troy@dont.mail> wrote: >I am creating a drop down list with three items in it. I would like for each >item to have it's own color. Is this possible? ...

Exporting group of lists with direct and indirect relationships
I am looking to move an entire set of directly and indirectly related lists from one sharepoint site to another. If I export a list from one Sharepoint site to another, it brings over the directly related lists, but not the indirectly related ones. Copying them wholesale in Sharepoint Designer only brings over When copy them in Sharepoint Designer, only brings over a couple of folders and a small number of .aspx files - no data. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. - t microsoft.public.access and microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted are newgroups dedicated to answering questions ab...

country list
Hi there, I am trying to create a data validation list containing all countries. How can I get such a list into Excel without actually having to type every country? Thanks in advance http://dir.yahoo.com/Regional/Countries/ -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "BigBloke" <BigBloke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7028A1D2-F2D2-4BB7-A5AD-14244A9CAC33@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I am trying to create a data validation list containing all countries. How > can I get such a list into Excel without actua...

Distribution Lists not working
I recently had to reload Outlook 2000 and since that time my distribution lists don't seem to work correctly. I don't get any error messages nor do I get any undeliverable mail messages but many people on the list don't receive my email. When I delete and re-add all the names it works fine. I have downes of lists with hundreds of names each so that really isn't an ideal soultion. Any help would be appreciated Theres a limitation in the feature with outlook. unfortunately If you put to many user in the distribution list the list dosent work correctely. Im not sure exac...

Public Folder + Global Address List
Is there any way to import the contacts and groups from the public folder on exchange to the global address list and if so how????? -- Ever Learning Net Admin You would need to create them as contacts in AD for them to show in the GAL - there's no drag and drop way. Can probably script it to pick up from a PF, but probably easier to copy them to a local Contacts folder in your PST, export to CSV. Can open the CSV in Excel to make any changes. Then import to AD using a script. Look at scripts in the TechNet Scripting Center - there may be one already. (I'm sure someone will com...

Is there a list of characters that Word considers equivalent on Fi
Word's Find will find "equivalent" characters. For example, a find for straight quotes will also find curly quotes, and a find for a space will also find a non-breaking space. Where can I find a list of the characters that Word considers equivalent in this sense? Thanks. ...

Add an HP printer to your list of approved printers
My IT consultant and myself ran some tests and we agree to your conclusion that our printer is indeed causing the problem, i.e., Great Plans to hang and freeze up my whole sytem. He installed the HP LaserJet 4 driver on my computer and so far so good. Unfortunately, I have printed some GP reports and they print at a different fonts. I am afraid how my checks will look. But I will cross the bridge when I get there. One other issue is what would normally print on one page such as the Chart of Accounts, some sections would overflow to the second page. Would you please add the HP Lase...

Listview/Treeview
Hi, I am trying to do a listview or treeview in Access 2003 that allows the users to sort the entries using drag and drop. It should work the way Internet Explorer handles its favorites or Windows handles drag and drop in its Start Menu. You can drag one entry in between others and the drop target is represented by a line. Is there a way to replicate the behaviour of sorting via drag and drop in Access 2003? All I can do now (die to some help in the german group) is to drag one element on top of another element but that makes sorting a mess. I need a way to drag one element BETWEEN ...

Nothing appears in Custom Recipients List
I'm running Exchange 2003 in a mixed 5.5 site. When I set up a new custom recipients list and check properties and Preview I see all the mailboxes and distribution groups that I want. However when the users look at the list from Outlook there are almost no entries. I get 3 of the 20 or so distribution lists and none of the users visible from Outlook. I've checked for errors in the event log around the RUS service but have found none. Does anyone know where I should be looking for a problem Thanks Mike ...

black lists
hello; When a member of the company sends a message to various domains, he or she will recieve the following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: E-mail black list Sent: 8/16/2004 2:28 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: recipient@e-mail_address.com on 8/16/2004 2:28 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <our.server.org #5.5.0 smtp;554 denied by gorbs> Does anyone have any suggest...

Data Validation with repeaters excluded from the source list
Hi, In sheet 1 I have data in Column A starting from row No 2 like :- Aw Er Aw Rt Yu Ui Rt Aw Ui Now, the above list which is in column A will have its rows expanding. That is today the data may be till Row 300 and tomorrow it will/might increase to 500 and after some time it may go to even 2000 or so.Now many of the records in column 1 are repeating. Like U may notice "Aw", "Rt" etc more than once. The "solution" I desire is in Sheet 2 Column C starting from Row 2, I want to create a dropdown (validation list) based on the data in column A of sheet 1 But sinc...