Drop Down List in Excel

Hello All,

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to create a "dropdown" list in
excel? Or is it more appropriate to use Access for this function?  Thanks in
advance!!

Clay

0
clay1 (7)
7/18/2004 3:43:15 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Clay Rembert" <clay@rembert.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello All,
>
> Can someone please tell me if it is possible to create a "dropdown"
list in
> excel? Or is it more appropriate to use Access for this function?
Thanks in
> advance!!
>
> Clay

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Customizing Activities / History List saving changes
Hi I have made some changes to CRM forms using formeditor. I do not know how will these changes show in my system. I have uploaded customization but its not working. Any suggestions, advice please Sarah did you publish the changes via Deployment Manager on the CRM server? -Gary "Sarah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62416116-EB6B-4CF8-AE4A-BBB4628F1923@microsoft.com... > Hi > I have made some changes to CRM forms using formeditor. I do not know how will these changes show in my system. I have uploaded customization but its not working. >...

Using Target.Address in Excel 98
Hi I have a code which as Target.Address which works in Excel 2000 but will not work in excel 98. Does anyone know what code to use for when a workbook change is to take affect. The current code which works in Excel 2000 is below: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$G$26" Then If Range("G26") = "Other" Then ActiveSheet.Unprotect Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("E28") = "Please speficy:" Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("G28:I28").Interior.ColorIndex = 2 ...

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

Distribution list cannot receive external mail
Exchange 2003 Windows 2000 Server SP4 I have set up a distribution list and it works fine internally. It cannot, however, receive mail sent from an external address. An NDR is generated and I have included a copy below: This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. The following addresses failed: <XXXX@XXXX.com> SMTP error from remote server after RCPT command: host mail30.messagelabs.com[193.109.254.163]: 550-Invalid recipient <XXXX@XXX.com> 550 (#5.1.1) I have configu...

Excel on a web page
Does anyone know if it is possible to have a web page pull information directly from Excel? I am looking to have a chart of information on my web page and would like to be able to have it in Excel and then just upload an updated Excel file and have the web page update automatically. Thanks J Donahue ...

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

How do you remove a checkbox from an excel spreadsheet??
II am newbie to Excel and am trying to make changes to a form that has "checkboxes" and I would like to know how to delete them. From a spreadsheet? Right-click it and press delete. -- HTH Bob Phillips "MDLUK1" <MDLUK1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29FF75E9-3A0F-4649-A3B8-6627395DC246@microsoft.com... > II am newbie to Excel and am trying to make changes to a form that has > "checkboxes" and I would like to know how to delete them. "Bob Phillips" wrote: > From a spreadsheet? Right-click it and press delete. ...

Excel Stacked Column Graph (3 Divisions for 3 Years)
I am using Microsoft Office Excel 2003 SP2 Professional Edition and I am attempting to create a Stacked Column graph with the following specifications: I have volumes for 3 different divisions for the years 2003, 2004, and 2005. I would like to graph a stacked column graph for different types of procedures (modalities). So the actual stacked column graph would look somewhat like the following (where D1, D2, and D3 are the 3 Divisions): | | |----| | |----|----| ...

Need Quattro Pro download to convert a QPW file to Excel.
Is there anywhere I can get a free Quattro Pro trial download to convert a QPW file? I can't find a converter utility to read a QPW file. Marjiec, If this is a one-time thing with one file, I'll do it for you. I have Quattro Pro here. I'm converting a bunch of qpw files to Excel files for a client. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "marjiec" <marjiec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3055F5-EC6A-4BFB-853A-5DA7F521DA5E@microsoft.com... > Is there anywhere I can get a...

Excel Save Problem
Hi guys i have just been working on an excel file computer crashed and hadn't saved it is there any way at all of a possible recovery. Otherwise I'll just start over Cheers, Danny Hi Danny, Generally you're out of luck, but Excel does attempt to keep track of old file until it can replace it, so you should at least look at the directory and see if you have files with hex characters (0-9,A-F) without a file extension, and you can look for files with same name ending in ".BCK" or is it ".BAK". Don't think I've ever recovered such a file since Excel ...

Users not appearing in Global Address List
Hi, I've created three new users all with mailboxes and they aren't appearing in the Global Address List. Can anyone tell me why? Thanks, Joe On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:39:52 +1000, "Joe Spenceley" <jspenceley@alwindows.com.au> wrote: >Hi, > >I've created three new users all with mailboxes and they aren't appearing in >the Global Address List. > >Can anyone tell me why? > >Thanks, >Joe > Check in ADU&C to see if an email address has been applied. See: http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/07/07/175444.aspx And: http://s...

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

query will not write to excel
I have set up a query to a Foxpro .dbf file in a database from excel. When I tell Excel to import the data it it appears to be working but never seems to return the data. Running the same query via msquery.exe returns the data with no problem. Can anyone tell me what the problem is ? ...

why does excel change last digit of credit card numbers to zero?
Using Excel 2002, cutting and pasting credit card numbers, but excel changes the last number on many of them to zero. If I hold the mouse over the cell, it shows the right number. Format as text, excel has only 15 digits precision -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dacton" <dacton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A62E44D9-3AFC-4E63-AFEF-0A0F5851BCE9@microsoft.com... > Using Excel 2002, cutting and pasting credit card numbers, but excel changes > the last number on many of them to zero. If I hold the mouse over the cell, > it shows the right number. ...

Filter list not correctly refreshed
Hi, I created a pivot table in Excel, linked to a database. So I added some filters to this table, displaying lists. The fact is that when I try to find a value in this list (my filter list), I don't find this value. I explain with more details. I add a new value to a list A in TFS (value x). I wait for the OLAP cube to refresh. I open my excel file, I check in the A list (used in my file as a filter) and try to select the value x, but I don't find it. My OLAP cube has correcty refreshed the data (I can see it with the displayed data in my tables). What should I d...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

Possible Excel Bug
I am using Excel 2007 and belive I have found a bug. If I have two identical formulas (the string representation of the formulas are identical) in two different cells I get two different results. =MAX((ROSTERING!$A3>=AVAILABILITY!$B$2:$B$6)*(ROSTERING! $A3<=AVAILABILITY!$C$2:$C$6)*(AVAILABILITY!$D$2:$D$6)) If the above formula is in cell C2 it returns the correct result, however, if it is in B3 it returns the wrong number. Any ideas would be appreciated in detecting my error or confirming it as a bug (not expected behaviour) Cheers On Jun 22, 1:00=A0pm, kurtforres...@hotmail.com wro...

Excel cannot complete this task with available resources
I need help. I have an Excel file that is 35MB in size. This file is link to another Excel file that is 19MB in size to get its data from. When I tried to load the file to Excel 2003, it asked me if I want to update the link. If I choose not to update the link, the file loads without an error, but the data are not filled in. If I choose to update, I the error "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications". I know Excel 2003 has 1GB of heap memory. Is it possible that all the 1GB heap are being used? Is there any way to solve ...

How do I change the column heading in Excel to display "A" "B" "C
I have Excel 2003 and when I start is up, the new worksheet display the column heading as "1" "2" "3" etc. How do I change it to A, B, C etc? Tools>Options>General tab>Uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Thai" <Thai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA01EA9C-1A7E-45AA-80C9-45DEC8382C19@microsoft.com... |I have Excel 2003 and when I start is up, the new worksheet display the | column heading as "1" "2" "3" etc. How do I change it to A, B, C etc? ...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

DDE Logging Data Loss in Excel
I have opened up a DDE link using ActiveWorkbook.SetLinkOnData. This works fine ... BUT ... when I use the scroll bars incoming data is lost. Is there a way of prioritising DDE over other Excel functionalities? ...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

Missing Contact List in Outllook 2002
User is trying to create a a distribution list in her Contact List, but found the contact list to be missing. How did this happen, and can it be replaced? Thanks. Herb Brown ...

Excel: creating a group of independent option buttons
I'm trying to create two independant groups of buttons on a single page of an Excel document. In other words, two cells, each with yes or no answers, each having its own two option buttons. Right now, when I click "yes" in cell two, it unchecks my answer in cell one. I just need to make the buttons in cell two run independently of cell one. Hi tD, Why not replace your option buttons with checkboxes? --- Regards, Norman "tD" <tD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A418EAC-B0AB-4673-B849-8337D6DC815A@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to...

MOS Excel Expert 2003
Pls let me know where I can get free practice questions/answers for MOS Excel Expert 2003 exam from the web. I'm sure a search (Google, Yahoo!, MSN, etc.) will turn up some good sources. I used the books published by Microsoft and marked as "Learning Series" such as the Step-By-Step books to study up for all of the exams - scored better than 90% on all of them. If you have access to Skillsoft (Thompson NetG) on-line courses, they are also an excellent aid to making it through the tests. IIRC, the two Excel 2003 courses they offer damned near taught the test. JLatham MO...