Drop down. *EASY* question!

BlankHiya everyone :)
I was just wondering if anybody could explain something reeeeally easy for
me?
In Excel, I would like a two drop-down features in my columns of my
spreadsheet.
The first one (columnE) with the options 'yes' or 'no'.
The second one (columnD) with a list of names, eg.
Anthony
Peter
Mark
Jonathan

Thankyou for ANY help you can give me!

--
@---}--
Laura.....  :)

"Do you know where you're going to?"

0
laura1 (60)
11/25/2005 9:51:29 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Data>Validation, choose a type of list, and then just type the values comma
separated.

--

HTH

RP

"Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in message
> BlankHiya everyone :)
> I was just wondering if anybody could explain something reeeeally easy for
> me?
> In Excel, I would like a two drop-down features in my columns of my
> spreadsheet.
> The first one (columnE) with the options 'yes' or 'no'.
> The second one (columnD) with a list of names, eg.
> Anthony
> Peter
> Mark
> Jonathan
>
> Thankyou for ANY help you can give me!
>
> --
> @---}--
> Laura.....  :)
> Liverpool, England
>
> "Do you know where you're going to?"

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
11/25/2005 10:01:03 AM
Hi Laura

For the first case, select the cell concerned
Data>Validation>dropdown select List> in white Pane type Yes,No
For second case, create a list of names somewhere on your sheet (or another
sheet). In the small white pane to the left of column A, type Names and hit
Enter. This defines it as a named range.

Select your second cell for dropdown, Data>Validation>List> in white pane
type =Names

Regards

Roger Govier

Laura ( '_' ) wrote:
> BlankHiya everyone :)
> I was just wondering if anybody could explain something reeeeally easy for
> me?
> In Excel, I would like a two drop-down features in my columns of my
> spreadsheet.
> The first one (columnE) with the options 'yes' or 'no'.
> The second one (columnD) with a list of names, eg.
> Anthony
> Peter
> Mark
> Jonathan
>
> Thankyou for ANY help you can give me!

0
roger1272 (620)
11/25/2005 10:06:24 AM
Right thankyou very much for that.
Just one last thing, I want a column just for times and I want it set out
like hh.ss(am or pm), how could I do this?
Thankyou.

--
@---}--

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Data>Validation, choose a type of list, and then just type the values
comma
> separated.
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in message
> > BlankHiya everyone :)
> > I was just wondering if anybody could explain something reeeeally easy
for
> > me?
> > In Excel, I would like a two drop-down features in my columns of my
> > spreadsheet.
> > The first one (columnE) with the options 'yes' or 'no'.
> > The second one (columnD) with a list of names, eg.
> > Anthony
> > Peter
> > Mark
> > Jonathan
> >
> > Thankyou for ANY help you can give me!
> >
> > --
> > @---}--
> > Laura.....  :)
> > Liverpool, England
> >
> > "Do you know where you're going to?"

0
laura1 (60)
11/25/2005 10:13:47 AM
That is just a format. Go to Format>Cells>Time and choose the format you
like.

--

> Right thankyou very much for that.
> Just one last thing, I want a column just for times and I want it set out
> like hh.ss(am or pm), how could I do this?
> Thankyou.
>
> --
> @---}--
> Laura.....  :)
> Liverpool, England
>
> "Do you know where you're going to?"
> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Data>Validation, choose a type of list, and then just type the values
> comma
> > separated.
> >
> > --
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > RP
> >

> > "Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in message
> > > BlankHiya everyone :)
> > > I was just wondering if anybody could explain something reeeeally easy
> for
> > > me?
> > > In Excel, I would like a two drop-down features in my columns of my
> > > spreadsheet.
> > > The first one (columnE) with the options 'yes' or 'no'.
> > > The second one (columnD) with a list of names, eg.
> > > Anthony
> > > Peter
> > > Mark
> > > Jonathan
> > >
> > > Thankyou for ANY help you can give me!
> > >
> > > --
> > > @---}--
> > > Laura.....  :)
> > > Liverpool, England
> > >
> > > "Do you know where you're going to?"

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

Q822945 Questions
I am planning on following Q822945 to swap out the hardware on my Exchange server, however, I do have a couple of concerns: 1. My current Server is using Windows 2000 with latest patches. The new server will be running W2K3. The article states to keep the same OS. Is this really necessary? 2. The current server is a member server and I want the new server to be a DC/GC (We are a small organizaion so this should be ok). Will restoring to a DC/GC be an issue with Q822945? 3. Can I use Veritas to backup the storage group/SRS and then follow the rest of the instructs? Or do I have...

simple sum question
I am using the sum feature on a large spreadsheet where one total might not be complete and yields a #VALUE!. Is there a way to make this appear 0. I am using a simple =A13*G13 formula. Any help is greatly aprpeciated. You can use =IF(ISERROR(A13*G13,0,A13*G13) -- HTH Kassie Replace xxx with hotmail "smiley61799" wrote: > I am using the sum feature on a large spreadsheet where one total might not > be complete and yields a #VALUE!. Is there a way to make this appear 0. I > am using a simple =A13*G13 formula. Any help is greatly aprpeciated. ...

Exchange question
I currently have Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000. I am getting ready to setup a new box with Exchange 2003 Ent. on Windows Server 2003. Here are my questions: 1) Does my Exchange server have to be in Native mode before I can upgrade? 2) If I change it to Native mode, will I need to reboot my server? 3) Do I need to reboot the server after I run the Forest and Domain Prep? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Kit It's been *a while* since I upgraded to Ex2003, but I believe the answers would be: No No No ------------------------ Chris Williams Sirana Software www.sir...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

questions about money (current quicken user)
Hi I am thinking of changing from quicken to money. can anybody tell me is there any capability to share info with ms outlook, such as reminders etc. also is there a option for doing invoices. thanks tim Have a look here. May help http://money.mvps.org/faq/quicken.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Tim" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:43eef869$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi I am th...

Question of drop-down listbox
Hello, Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. Thank You! I don't get it. ES_AUTOHSCROLL is an Edit control style, how would it apply to a listbox or combobox? What are you trying to do? AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uHUo%23OyLFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll > (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. > > Thank You! > > I'm soory for not expressing my question properly...

Simple Newsgroup Questions
I'm new to Newsgroups. I'm subscribed to Microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb. I've posted 2 messages but I can't get the third to post. I saw it for a few minutes, then it was crossed out and said "no longer available from the server". Also, I can't seem to get more than 300 messages displayed. I'd like to be able to download and search through thousands. I've tried increasing the number of headers to download, but when I click on 'Download Next 1000 Headers', it seems to do nothing. In the microsoft.public.outlook newsgroup, I can see over...

Question on exporting table data.
Hello everyone, What I have is a normal table of values with the following column headers: Item Question References Status Action Is there any way to output these to a report in a similar, but neater, manner than the delimited export to text document option? I would like for them to be seperated by commas and be on the same line so when it is finished I will have a list of each row as follows: 1, Are the frequencies within operating parameters, REFERENCE, Satisfactory, Performed test on 1 Jan 2010. 2, Are the pulse widths within operating parameters, REFERENCE,...

reporting on drop-down values
We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table where all the actual text values are stored? Hi use the stringmaps table to get the description of picklist values. I hope it helps. -- Singh http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com MSCRM Consultant Orion Enterprise Sydney "TheWkndr" wrote: > We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course > the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table > where all the actual text values a...

Drop user or alias before dropping login
I am trying to delete a user, and I get this error: Login is aliased or mapped to a user in one or more databases. Drop the user or alias before dropping the login. Any advice? Hi Caroline, GO to SQL server --> logins and select the user and open check the properties of the login and see what database access the users has. If any uncheck all the database access and drop the user. Also make sure from the GP front end you have unchecked the company access too. If still you get errors go to each database on the server and make sure they are not in the users list in the databases. ...

Formula Question #11
Formula Question Example: Name Result $ Hours/Minutes Jane +100 1:00 Bob -50 2:50 Bob +125 3:12 Ed +325 7:45 Jane +50 :55 Ed -150 1:37 Jane -25 2:50 Jane earned $125 in 4 hours and 45 minutes. How do I write a formula in a single cell to determine Jane's hourly rate that will automatically update as more data is added? Thanks. =SUMIF(A2:A100,"Jane",B2:B100)/SUMIF(A2:A100,"jane...

Question #3
We are two Dj`s who have recently got together to offer a better service Both of us have a list of our record/cd collection and we have stuck them together to create a large list. (Artist / Song / Cd Title / Quality / Track Length) I also have a list of the entire uk chart history (Artist / Song / Year / Chart Position) Is there away i could get excel to look at the two lists then if a Artist and Song is found in both lists the Year and Chart position is copied over from the chart list to the music list so instead of (Artist / Song / Cd Title / Quality / Track Length) it would be (Artist ...

Drop down list 04-23-10
How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? You can't. Perhaps you've seen the button created from a AutoFilter ot PivotTable? -- Best Regards, Luke M "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F248BA68-6874-4712-876D-CF2890DD0BF1@microsoft.com... > How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? Use a combo box from the Forms toolbar. The drop down arrow is always visible. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Outlook 2003 Drap and Drop Issue
Hi If you take an email from Outlook and perform a drag and drop to the tasks, the task is created but the message body text is empty. Any reason why this should happen. Cheers ...

Configuration Question
How do I make the email address of a user visible when a person replies or forwards a message from someone in our exchange organization? Take the following example. If Alice (alice@my.org) sends Bob (bob@my.org) an email (no this is not a security question) and bob subsequently forwards the message to Carol, Alice's message will be included in the forward with an abbreviated header which looks something like: ----------------------------- From: Alice Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 To: Bob Subject: whatever ----------------------------- If Alice sends to someone outside the organization, sa...

Odd Drop Down Box Behavior
I have a drop down box on a spreadsheet in a workbook with several spreadsheets. For some reason the contents of the drop down box is beeing bled through to other spreadsheets in the exact same cell reference that the drop down box is linked to, replacing what may be in that cell. It happens randomly yet often, and I have not been able to discern any patterrn or catalyst. The contents and cell formatting are being transfered. It also happens on other spreadsheets using the drop down box. This is an Active-X box, not a forms box, using Excel 2007. Anybody seen this? Squeaky...

Simple Question for CAboutDlg
In a Dialog based application. Normaly what we did to show the CAboutDlg is: CAboutDlg Dlg; Dlg.DoModal; However, I wish to show the About Dialog, but at the same time I wish to MainDlg continue to run. So what I did was: m_AboutDlg->Create(CAboutDlg::IDD, this); m_AboutDlg->ShowWindow(TRUE); The About Dialog is shows correctly, but the problem now is that the Dialog can't receive any messages :( The only action I can do is to close it. There isn't any MouseMove, PreTranslateMessage .... etc.. been called as compared to when I create the Dialog using DoModal. May I know wha...

Drop-Down list in a cell #2
Hi, I have cells in an Excel form which are used to enter data. But it' always same list of choices. I wonder if there is a way to create drop-down list of choice in a cell, so that the user can choose betwee the available choices. Is it possible? Thx! Werne -- Werne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Werner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2430 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39053 Try Debra Dalgleish's page at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal13.html -- Rg...

ComboBox drop up instead drop down
Hello Clicking on the Combobox right box it show by default an SelectionWnd BELOW the combobox, but I want it show ABOVE the Combobox. How can I achieve this? Thanks. Tom AFAIK, you cant do this. It does it by itself whenever it finds that the listbox will go offscreen. --- Ajay "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147880303.638355.7200@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > AFAIK, you cant do this. It does it by itself whenever it finds that > the listbox will go offscreen. > Couldn't you subclass the listbox and somehow reposition it w...

Excel services question
A question about Excel Services in 2007 if I may? I have a remote system offering a dataset that updates every second using standard web services. Assuming a decent connection, could I chart that data in Excel 2007 in real-time using Excel services? What would be the best way of going about it and are there any good online guides to that? Many thanks in advance ...