Document email attachment problem - please help!

I have a few users who have a problem with sending emails from within word,
excel etc. If they are in the document in question and click the email
button, add the "to" address then click send it just sits there, nothing
happens, they exit out of the document and select save when prompted,
a copy of the email/document ends up in their inbox and the email was never 
sent.

Anyone know why?

Thanks!

Scott 


0
Sdgmcdon (39)
5/16/2005 4:58:49 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

10 Replies
571 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 21

"Sending" an email just sends it to the Outbox. Unless you have your mail
client configured to send messages immediately (which I consider an
invitation to disaster), the message won't actually be sent until you Send
from the mail client.

-- 
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Scott McDonald" <sdgmcdon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:OBSKgjjWFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> I have a few users who have a problem with sending emails from within
word,
> excel etc. If they are in the document in question and click the email
> button, add the "to" address then click send it just sits there, nothing
> happens, they exit out of the document and select save when prompted,
> a copy of the email/document ends up in their inbox and the email was
never
> sent.
>
> Anyone know why?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Scott
>
>

0
sbarnhill (63)
5/16/2005 6:17:05 PM
I know that and I don't think that has anything to do with the problem. 
These users can open up word, type some sentences, click the "email" icon in 
word type in an address to send the email to, then click "send a copy" and 
nothing happens; nothing. It acts like you didn't even click send a copy. 
They give up, click the X to exit out, it asks if they want to save changes 
they click yes/no (whatever, doesn't seem to matter) and then the email 
appears new, unsent in their inbox, it's not in sent, outbox or in drafts, 
just in their inbox.


"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:uwWaWOkWFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> "Sending" an email just sends it to the Outbox. Unless you have your mail
> client configured to send messages immediately (which I consider an
> invitation to disaster), the message won't actually be sent until you Send
> from the mail client.
>
> -- 
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup 
> so
> all may benefit.
>
> "Scott McDonald" <sdgmcdon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:OBSKgjjWFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> I have a few users who have a problem with sending emails from within
> word,
>> excel etc. If they are in the document in question and click the email
>> button, add the "to" address then click send it just sits there, nothing
>> happens, they exit out of the document and select save when prompted,
>> a copy of the email/document ends up in their inbox and the email was
> never
>> sent.
>>
>> Anyone know why?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Scott
>>
>>
> 


0
Sdgmcdon (39)
5/16/2005 6:39:40 PM
This does seem very bizarre. I've seen similar reports before, but I can't
find anything in the MSKB that addresses it.

-- 
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Scott McDonald" <sdgmcdon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:%23cG32bkWFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> I know that and I don't think that has anything to do with the problem.
> These users can open up word, type some sentences, click the "email" icon
in
> word type in an address to send the email to, then click "send a copy" and
> nothing happens; nothing. It acts like you didn't even click send a copy.
> They give up, click the X to exit out, it asks if they want to save
changes
> they click yes/no (whatever, doesn't seem to matter) and then the email
> appears new, unsent in their inbox, it's not in sent, outbox or in drafts,
> just in their inbox.
>
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:uwWaWOkWFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > "Sending" an email just sends it to the Outbox. Unless you have your
mail
> > client configured to send messages immediately (which I consider an
> > invitation to disaster), the message won't actually be sent until you
Send
> > from the mail client.
> >
> > -- 
> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
> > Words into Type
> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
> > Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup
> > so
> > all may benefit.
> >
> > "Scott McDonald" <sdgmcdon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:OBSKgjjWFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> >> I have a few users who have a problem with sending emails from within
> > word,
> >> excel etc. If they are in the document in question and click the email
> >> button, add the "to" address then click send it just sits there,
nothing
> >> happens, they exit out of the document and select save when prompted,
> >> a copy of the email/document ends up in their inbox and the email was
> > never
> >> sent.
> >>
> >> Anyone know why?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> Scott
> >>
> >>
> >
>
>

0
sbarnhill (63)
5/16/2005 11:12:26 PM
suggestions?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:%23qmpo0mWFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> This does seem very bizarre. I've seen similar reports before, but I can't
> find anything in the MSKB that addresses it.
>
> -- 
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup 
> so
> all may benefit.
>
> "Scott McDonald" <sdgmcdon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:%23cG32bkWFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> I know that and I don't think that has anything to do with the problem.
>> These users can open up word, type some sentences, click the "email" icon
> in
>> word type in an address to send the email to, then click "send a copy" 
>> and
>> nothing happens; nothing. It acts like you didn't even click send a copy.
>> They give up, click the X to exit out, it asks if they want to save
> changes
>> they click yes/no (whatever, doesn't seem to matter) and then the email
>> appears new, unsent in their inbox, it's not in sent, outbox or in 
>> drafts,
>> just in their inbox.
>>
>>
>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> news:uwWaWOkWFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> > "Sending" an email just sends it to the Outbox. Unless you have your
> mail
>> > client configured to send messages immediately (which I consider an
>> > invitation to disaster), the message won't actually be sent until you
> Send
>> > from the mail client.
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> > Words into Type
>> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> > Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
>> > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
> newsgroup
>> > so
>> > all may benefit.
>> >
>> > "Scott McDonald" <sdgmcdon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > news:OBSKgjjWFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> >> I have a few users who have a problem with sending emails from within
>> > word,
>> >> excel etc. If they are in the document in question and click the email
>> >> button, add the "to" address then click send it just sits there,
> nothing
>> >> happens, they exit out of the document and select save when prompted,
>> >> a copy of the email/document ends up in their inbox and the email was
>> > never
>> >> sent.
>> >>
>> >> Anyone know why?
>> >>
>> >> Thanks!
>> >>
>> >> Scott
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>>
>>
> 


0
Sdgmcdon (39)
5/16/2005 11:41:49 PM
If I had any, I would have offered them. I can't believe that in the six
other NGs you're posting to there isn't someone who has some ideas.

-- 
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Scott McDonald" <sdgmcdon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:eIcSuEnWFHA.3044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> suggestions?
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:%23qmpo0mWFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > This does seem very bizarre. I've seen similar reports before, but I
can't
> > find anything in the MSKB that addresses it.
> >
> > -- 
> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
> > Words into Type
> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
> > Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup
> > so
> > all may benefit.
> >
> > "Scott McDonald" <sdgmcdon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:%23cG32bkWFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >> I know that and I don't think that has anything to do with the problem.
> >> These users can open up word, type some sentences, click the "email"
icon
> > in
> >> word type in an address to send the email to, then click "send a copy"
> >> and
> >> nothing happens; nothing. It acts like you didn't even click send a
copy.
> >> They give up, click the X to exit out, it asks if they want to save
> > changes
> >> they click yes/no (whatever, doesn't seem to matter) and then the email
> >> appears new, unsent in their inbox, it's not in sent, outbox or in
> >> drafts,
> >> just in their inbox.
> >>
> >>
> >> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> >> news:uwWaWOkWFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> > "Sending" an email just sends it to the Outbox. Unless you have your
> > mail
> >> > client configured to send messages immediately (which I consider an
> >> > invitation to disaster), the message won't actually be sent until you
> > Send
> >> > from the mail client.
> >> >
> >> > -- 
> >> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> >> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
> >> > Words into Type
> >> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
> >> > Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> >> > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
> > newsgroup
> >> > so
> >> > all may benefit.
> >> >
> >> > "Scott McDonald" <sdgmcdon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> > news:OBSKgjjWFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> >> >> I have a few users who have a problem with sending emails from
within
> >> > word,
> >> >> excel etc. If they are in the document in question and click the
email
> >> >> button, add the "to" address then click send it just sits there,
> > nothing
> >> >> happens, they exit out of the document and select save when
prompted,
> >> >> a copy of the email/document ends up in their inbox and the email
was
> >> > never
> >> >> sent.
> >> >>
> >> >> Anyone know why?
> >> >>
> >> >> Thanks!
> >> >>
> >> >> Scott
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
>
>

0
sbarnhill (63)
5/17/2005 2:36:24 AM
A couple of suggestions. First, make sure Outlook is the default email 
client. To do that open IE's properties (Tools, Internet Options) and look 
in the Programs tab.

Second, if that's set the poster can try first running the fixmapi.exe 
utility and if that doesn't help they can try the Office repair from either 
Help, Detect and Repair or the repair function in Add/Remove Programs in the 
Control Panel.

-- 
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
http://www.slovaktech.com
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm


"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:%23tAVBnoWFHA.2912@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> If I had any, I would have offered them. I can't believe that in the six
> other NGs you're posting to there isn't someone who has some ideas.
>
> -- 
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup 
> so
> all may benefit.

0
kenslovak (742)
5/17/2005 1:14:30 PM
tell me about it :-) I posted to one a few times before, never got a 
response so though I know it's not appreciated to post in a bunch, I thought 
that was the only thing left, at least this time there's been a response so 
I guess it worked :-)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:%23tAVBnoWFHA.2912@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> If I had any, I would have offered them. I can't believe that in the six
> other NGs you're posting to there isn't someone who has some ideas.
>
> -- 
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup 
> so
> all may benefit.
>
> "Scott McDonald" <sdgmcdon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:eIcSuEnWFHA.3044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> suggestions?
>>
>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> news:%23qmpo0mWFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> > This does seem very bizarre. I've seen similar reports before, but I
> can't
>> > find anything in the MSKB that addresses it.
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> > Words into Type
>> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> > Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
>> > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
> newsgroup
>> > so
>> > all may benefit.
>> >
>> > "Scott McDonald" <sdgmcdon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > news:%23cG32bkWFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> >> I know that and I don't think that has anything to do with the 
>> >> problem.
>> >> These users can open up word, type some sentences, click the "email"
> icon
>> > in
>> >> word type in an address to send the email to, then click "send a copy"
>> >> and
>> >> nothing happens; nothing. It acts like you didn't even click send a
> copy.
>> >> They give up, click the X to exit out, it asks if they want to save
>> > changes
>> >> they click yes/no (whatever, doesn't seem to matter) and then the 
>> >> email
>> >> appears new, unsent in their inbox, it's not in sent, outbox or in
>> >> drafts,
>> >> just in their inbox.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> >> news:uwWaWOkWFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> >> > "Sending" an email just sends it to the Outbox. Unless you have your
>> > mail
>> >> > client configured to send messages immediately (which I consider an
>> >> > invitation to disaster), the message won't actually be sent until 
>> >> > you
>> > Send
>> >> > from the mail client.
>> >> >
>> >> > -- 
>> >> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> >> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> >> > Words into Type
>> >> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> >> > Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
>> >> > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
>> > newsgroup
>> >> > so
>> >> > all may benefit.
>> >> >
>> >> > "Scott McDonald" <sdgmcdon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >> > news:OBSKgjjWFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> >> >> I have a few users who have a problem with sending emails from
> within
>> >> > word,
>> >> >> excel etc. If they are in the document in question and click the
> email
>> >> >> button, add the "to" address then click send it just sits there,
>> > nothing
>> >> >> happens, they exit out of the document and select save when
> prompted,
>> >> >> a copy of the email/document ends up in their inbox and the email
> was
>> >> > never
>> >> >> sent.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Anyone know why?
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Thanks!
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Scott
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>>
>>
> 


0
Sdgmcdon (39)
5/17/2005 4:02:04 PM
I tried this on two machines that were having this issue and it didn't do 
anyting...

If anyone has any other ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Scott

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" <kenslovak@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:uoYKzOuWFHA.628@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>A couple of suggestions. First, make sure Outlook is the default email 
>client. To do that open IE's properties (Tools, Internet Options) and look 
>in the Programs tab.
>
> Second, if that's set the poster can try first running the fixmapi.exe 
> utility and if that doesn't help they can try the Office repair from 
> either Help, Detect and Repair or the repair function in Add/Remove 
> Programs in the Control Panel.
>
> -- 
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> http://www.slovaktech.com
> Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options
> http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm
>
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message 
> news:%23tAVBnoWFHA.2912@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> If I had any, I would have offered them. I can't believe that in the six
>> other NGs you're posting to there isn't someone who has some ideas.
>>
>> -- 
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup 
>> so
>> all may benefit.
> 


0
Sdgmcdon (39)
5/24/2005 7:26:52 PM
Does the document send if you use the keyboard shortcut (Alt+S) to send? If 
so, it's a bug that affects just a few people - so few that MS can't track 
down the cause. It's apparently related to one of the programs installed on 
the computer - I've experienced it on some of my installs.

Saving to the inbox is normal behavior when you save a draft created from 
another program. The users can open it and click send to send it.

-- 
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/


"Scott McDonald" <sdgmcdon@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:OBSKgjjWFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I have a few users who have a problem with sending emails from within word,
> excel etc. If they are in the document in question and click the email
> button, add the "to" address then click send it just sits there, nothing
> happens, they exit out of the document and select save when prompted,
> a copy of the email/document ends up in their inbox and the email was 
> never sent.
>
> Anyone know why?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Scott
> 


0
msnews1660 (730)
5/26/2005 12:26:55 AM
"Scott McDonald" <sdgmcdon@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:OBSKgjjWFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I have a few users who have a problem with sending emails from within word,
> excel etc. If they are in the document in question and click the email
> button, add the "to" address then click send it just sits there, nothing
> happens, they exit out of the document and select save when prompted,
> a copy of the email/document ends up in their inbox and the email was 
> never sent.
>
> Anyone know why?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Scott
> 


0
aek (1)
5/27/2005 11:43:08 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Errors sending EVERY email
When sending emails, the error states: Some errors occurred when sending. That's it. There are not other details. The emails sit in the outbox and keeps resending itself. Even though it does not show in the sent box, some people are getting 10-30 emails at one time. I cannot find any fix for this. Please anyone help!!! Thanks. ...

Help I have lost help!
the Microsoft Excel Help "button" is missing from the Help Menu!.I was trying to add button to the toolbar and somehow seemed to have dragged the help button of the menu!.I tried a detect and repair but dont have the disk If you go to Tools>Customize>Commands>Window & Help, you should find the button there and drag it to either the toolbar or the menu again. If you want it in the menu, then drag it to the help menu and wit til that menu shows all the items and then drop it where you want. Rob <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10cff01c...

redirect my documents
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, How can I change the folder when my user want to insert an attachment?? = I would like to use an especific folder.. can I to do this?? thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

Problem exporting Chart as a jpg
Hi, I have a chart I've created in Excel 2007 which includes a pie chart and some tabular data that has been formated the way we want it on a regular worksheet, then we copy it as a picture and paste that picture onto the chartsheet next to the pie chart. When I export the chart as a jpg, using this code: ActiveChart.Export "C:\test.jpg", "JPG" true The text in the tabular picture is getting screwed up. All the text gets bolded and the text is bitmapped and jagged. It doesn't look like that in the ChartSheet. Any ideas? I can send the W...

meeting request through email
I want to send a meeting request through email in asp.net (C#). Not attachment. When the "meeting request" email is received, there are "accept", "deline" button on it. I wonder if it is possible. If yes, could please give a code example. Better ask this in one of the programming newsgroups down the hall. They all start with outlook.program_ Good luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questio...

eMail Outlook 2003 Calendar?
I need to email my Outlook 2003 calendar to several people and I wanted to know if there is a free program or way to accomplish this. Thank you in advance. Jack Jack Barrett wrote: > I need to email my Outlook 2003 calendar to several people and I > wanted to know if there is a free program or way to accomplish this. > Thank you in advance. > > Jack Create a new pst file, copy the calendar into it, close the new pst file, and email that as an attachment. YOu forgot the step for zipping the .pst file, which will be blocked = otherwise.=20 It really depends on what yo...

How to open a PDF file through HELP button?
HI, I want to open a PDF file (just usually open it) through HELP button control. I do not know how I can open it. If someone knows it, could you give me some suggestions. Thx ucb gjin@mail.utexas.edu wrote: > HI, > > I want to open a PDF file (just usually open it) through HELP > button control. I do not know > how I can open it. If someone knows it, could you give me some > suggestions. Thx ucb: Just open the file with ShellExecute(). Of course the machine has to have Adobe Reader (or some other reader) for this to work. -- David Wilkinson Visual C++ MVP O...

warning when sending big attachment
hello is there a possibility to show a user a warning, when he sends an email with a big attachment? the user should then be able to cancel sending the mail or anyway send the mail. is there an option in outlook (2002/2003) or exchange (2003) for this feature? or know somebody an tool which can perform this task? thank you for helping me Roalnd Doerig <roland.doerig@xerxes.ch> wrote: > is there a possibility to show a user a warning, when he sends an > email with a big attachment? the user should then be able to cancel > sending the mail or anyway send the mail. I ca...

could someone help me with design of a sheet
Hi I want to add a background to my sheet and I wonder if it possible t remove the outline of the cells? So you don't have a "light grey grid over the background -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: Tools/Options/View, uncheck the gridlines checkbox. In article <mowen.17iyza@excelforum-nospam.com>, mowen <<mowen.17iyza@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > Hi > I want to add a background to my sheet and I wonder if it possible to > remove the outline of the cells? So you don't have a "light grey grid" > over the backgr...

Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filtering
When I first upgraded to Outlook 2003, it filtered out junk email quite well. After about a month, it filters out very little junk email. The other day I received 108 emails, all junk and nothing got filtered. I've even set my security level to accept only those on my Safe Senders and Receprient lists, but most junk email still get's through. Any suggestions? ...

Retrieve document that was closed as Document 1?
I had a three page Word document still titled as Document 1 that I accidently closed before remembering I wanted to keep the first page. I had not saved the document before closing so if I select a Word document again I will get Document 1 but it will be blank. Is there any way I can retrieve this document? Frank C. If you didn't save it there's nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web s...

MDB ATTACHMENTS
I often receive emails with Microsoft Access database attachments. I am using Outlook 2003, and I dont receive mdb attachments. I get the rest of the messages, just not the attachments. Are there some settings I can customize to change this behaviour? Thanks See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for more information on how to access blocked attachments. "Kristin Smith" <ksmith12@telus.net> wrote in message news:hiYJd.153774$KO5.143117@clgrps13... >I often receive emails with Microsoft Access database attachments. I am >using Outlook 2003, and ...

Help! Excel to HTML needs Refresh?
Original calendar created in Excel2002 was converted to HTML and is posted at: http://www.acalanes.k12.ca.us/calendar/WebCalendar.htm When first viewed in IE6, the page is rendered with additional blank rows but will be formated correctly if you force a refresh. This this may be system resource dependant?? Seems to be rendered correctly in Netscape6. Is there a solution for this??? or can I enter a forced refresh in the HTML to correct the initial viewing? Or should I just trash this and go with the .pdf version at http://www.acalanes.k12.ca.us/calendar/PrintCalendar.pdf - (t...

Attn Brian Tillman
Last week Brian Tillman (MVP) helped me with a sending problems regarding Outlook, suggesting that I set up a gmail account and use it as the outgoing. I think it is going to work, so thanks. My question and if Brian can get back to me, is when I send something from my outlook account, it is also appearing in the sent folder of my gmail. Is there a way to autmatically have them deleted from the gmail sent or do I need to go in there from time to time to do by hand. I'm not sure why this is working through gmail but not directly through comcast, but I guess I shouldn't complai...

Another stupid MSVC6 linking problem
First of all, i'm using the standard Release and Debug configurations. I don't know enough to meddle with those. I compile and link in Release mode, and we are all good. I compile and link in Debug mode, and a get: TestClass.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CSloadData plus a few other similar errors from the same library. Now first of all I thought i must have been missing a *.lib in the Object / Library modules in the Project -> Settings -> Link tab, but alas. What could cause this type of difference between Release and Debug? hamishd wrote: > First of a...

Open documents in new window
I recently uninstalled an add-in (Office Tab), and since then all instances of Word 2007 (on XP SP3) open in the same window, rather than in new windows, which is my preference. I'm pretty sure I remember having to change it to the "open in new window" for the default setting a couple of years ago when I first started using 2007, but can't seem to find out how that is done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. David uncheck the Windows in Taskbar in the View dialog under office menu under the Microsoft Office Button. Hope this helps DeanH &quo...

Why do I get a blank page when trying to print Avery Document 516.
I have the labels ready to go. Using Microsoft Word. When I try to print the labels, I get a blank page. I tried two printers, HP and Brother. Same thing with both. Any suggestions? Check the font formatting. Make sure that it is not hidden. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bburkesj" <bburkesj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B881C096-C3F6-475B-B00A-F75C2DED0D73@microsoft.c...

open the document instead of the inquiry window
When adding a PO to a service call, we click the PO number and it opens the PO inquiry screen. We need it to open the actual PO/document screen so the addresses can be modified as needed, etc. Is there a setting somewhere in GP to allow this? ...

Saving an Excel document after moving additional worksheets to it
I have a 'master' spreadsheet that I would like to add additional tabs to. I'm not having any problems moving the worksheets into the document but when I try to save the file its not happening. I have tried renaming the file, saving to a pen drive but nothing seems to be working. I seem to be able to save the first worksheet but then reopening and saving additional worksheets without success. Would anyone have any idea why I am unable to save the file.....thanks ...

PC start-up problem
I have windows XP SP3 on my PC that recently often does not start up until after trying 4-5 times. It usually crashes at varies positions during the start up procedure. Often the monitor blacks out. Microsoft Security Essentials and MalwareBytes full scans do not report any problems. In my event viewer I get the following 2 warnings repeatedly; under Event Application: Event 1003 " Trace file name parameter not located in registry." This is immediately followed by Event 1015 "Trace level parameter not located in registry. Default trace level used is 32" In...

Outlook Update Will Not Install
Hi All, The Outlook junkmail filter update that came out last month (kb959634) flat out refuses to update. I am using Office 2007 Pro SP1 on a Vista SP1 OS. I have tried almost everything I have found online. Interesting note - when I try to do a repair install to Outlook, it too fails to finish. Other updates seem to install just fine, but I get the error 80070641, and a couple of times I got 80070643 (after trying some repair things I found through google). I don't mind wiping my disk and reinstalling everything, but I would rather know why this update won't install first...

Microsoft Documentation
Hi, I came across this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966E88-1377-4D1A-BE86-AB77014495F4&displaylang=en#top page which is the Technical Overview of DirectAccess. Is their like a central link that one can go to and find other technical overviews of other products which maybe of interest? Thanks "biren" <biren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75543666-0178-4559-9D60-01E16B1E3428@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I came across this > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966...

VBA help
My VBA help function does not find anythingn I ask it to search for. How do I reload the latest help instructions to my Excel 2007 help button? ...

Changing the Zoom to open a document in 100%
When I open a particular document on my computer it automatically shows it at 100% Zoom. However, my boss has a problem showing the document on his computer at less than 100%. He would like to change it so that he does not have to adjust it at 100% every time he opens the document. Can you tell me how this could be done? Do you really want the zoom changed to 100% or do you want it so that he can see the same columns as you see? If you want to set the zoom to 100%, you can do something like this in your auto_open (or workbook_open) code: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Dim wks ...

Where are Attachments Stored? 09-22-05
I have attached a number of documents in Notes on various accounts, and I have restored the entire database to my DR Site. Happily, everything is working as expected, and I see the attachments in the backup installation. However, I am not sure whether they are stored as binary files in the database and are being backed up and restored with the database, or whether they are stored as some kind of link. I see the entries in the AnnotationBase table. Does anyone know where the physical file from an attachment is stored? I want to make sure that if my primary server is unavailable, the backup...