distributing data into multiple cells

hii

i have to prepare an exel sheet of some 2000 products..i have to copy
d data
from the net and then prepare the sheet,with 4 different columns for 4
diff types
of entries..now when i copy data nad paste is as text.it all goes in a
single cell in a row .how can i distribute the data l into multiple
cells?????????

--
jaspreet
jaspreet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23821

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

can you show some sample data.
Depending on the data, you could do the following:
Select the column in which the data is there. (most probably column A)
Select in the menu bar: Data > Text to Columns, and follow steps.

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10470

Distribution lists
I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and close, but it does not appear in her contacts. Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? Hi wrong newsgroup? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Circe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1444d01c444c5$2e8b1750$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and > close, but it does not appear in her contacts. > > Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? > Outlook? Just drag it into your message (so it&...

moving contents of cell w/out changing related formula
I have a worksheet with names I move around. I created a countif forml to count if a cell or a range of cells have text. I drop and drag th names but the formula relating to the cell changes to match the ne range. How can I just move text and not change the range in th formula -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I think this is what you want. Say your range that you're checking is B9:E47. Instead of using: =COUNTIF(B9:E47,"Phil") You can use: =COUNTIF($B$9:$E$47,"Phil") Then when you drag this formula, the $b$9:$e$47 won't change. The $ sign mean...

Attempt to convert to Quicken via data converter
I just attempted to use the Quicken data converter to convert a Money Plus file to Quicken 2008. I know that I am well over the 10,000 transactions so I tried to first convert the entire file and when I got an error (transaction.xml file not found) I then tried just the last 18 months. Same error. When I contacted Quicken support I was told that need to use qif files to import the data. AD led me through the process of importing one account. Told me that it had to be a cash account. But even this import had many errors. He apologized for the DC not working, but that they were trying to fi...

data source problem
I have these excel sheets, getting external data from SQL server.Somebody changed SQL server where I have the connection to , that caused the ODBC connection settings to change,everybody changed their ODBC settings with the new configuration but when I open the same excel , it doesn't detect the new ODBC settings automatically, it's still trying to connect to the old server, how can I update the data source settings? Thanks in advance. Fulya ...

Change data automatically
If I have bunch of data (more than 100 data) with certain standard for Moisture Content such as between 9 - 11% with St.dev=1.21. However, for some reason (Research purpose) the data need to be changed between 12 - 15% with expected St.dev=1.02. How can I change the 100 data automatically?? Thanks 1) Is your Standard deviation really 1.21 , or is it .0121? 2) I'd probably use the RANDBETWEEN() function to get some of the data and then back calculate to get a couple of numbers that would get the StDev to the value you want. I used =Randbetween(12,15)/100. That's not e...

Data Validation #3
Hi, How can i prevent duplicate of data in a coloumn using data validation Hi Mohamed See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mohamed" <Mohamed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E0FD4D8-923D-4DBC-A1FC-D89792B5BFB8@microsoft.com... > Hi, How can i prevent duplicate of data in a coloumn using data validation Hi check out http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm for full details on how to do this. Cheers JulieD "Mohamed" <Mohamed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Find/Replace Text In Cells
I know this can't be that difficult.. How can I change the word "APPLE" to "Orange" in all my cells. I try to do this and I keep getting the message "Data Can't be found" - I see the data in the cell. I am doing Find/Replace --> Replace All.. Thansk Rob Well it works for me. Of course I just typed apple in to cells and tried it. The word APPLE would have to be text in that cell, not a formula whoes result is APPLE "Rob" wrote: > I know this can't be that difficult.. How can I change the word "APPLE" to > "O...

Subscription Ax data method provider
Hi, I try to use subscription on a report using the AX Data method provider quering a Dyamics AX 2008 installation. The report works fine when actively rendering but neither a snapshot or subscription on a schedule is possible. I recieve an error just saying there is a error rendering the report. I have tried changing accounts on both the stored account in SSRS, the data source, and SQL Server Agent with same result. Is it possible using subscription together with Data Method Provider? br -- Jonas_Örtendahl ...

pocket outlook data
can i store my pocket outlook data on a cf card in my pda i am running pocket pc 2002 on an nec p300? thanks microsoft.public.pocketpc is the place to ask this question. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Mike Fitzpatrick <compucom@adelphia.net> asked: | can i store my pocket outlook data on a cf card in my pda | i am running pocket pc 2002 on an nec p300? thanks ...

Distribution Lists #7
Is it possible to have distribution lists in Outlook 2000 sorted by last name? Can't seem to get there. ...

What should I use : XMLDocument or Custom tree like data structure ?
Hi everyone, I would like to hear your opinions about a design solution I am contemplating. The problem I am following: Write an editor for a data structure that is recursive in nature. In other words it is a tree, where child nodes can contain links to parent nodes. And there multiple kind of nodes: Here is an example Track 1 Track 2 Track 3 Requirements Requirement Note Requirements Requirement Note Track 2 (reference) Requirement Requirements Requirement Note Track 1 (reference) Requirement Note Blah: And so on : The order of the elements is imp...

Reference distribution for Transaction/General
I would like to see Great Plains offer more characters in the reference distribution when doing a JE. Or, to offer a reference distribution Line 2 as another option. My boss wants to see more information on the TB detail report, but we've used up the reference and the distribution reference for something else. If this is offered, I'd like to make sure that Integration Manager can support this. Thanks, -- V Who's Calling, Inc Financial Reporting Manager ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

Electronic Data Interchange
Does this system have the ability to do Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)? I have a major supplier that has the capibility of receiving purchase orders via EDI, I was going to talk to them about receiving the acknowledgements and invoices electronically. I know that larger retialers use these systems, but have to spend alot of money to implement them. Any information would be appreciated. Thank-you We have a tool called Supplier Integration that does allow for EDI transfers. We may or may not need to make some special arrangements to accommodate your supplier, but we'...

Excel selecting multiple workbooks to search at once
Hello, Currently im trying to build a system that will allow to see what rooms have been booked on what days to show when a room is free to be booked. I am currently querying data from an access database and also matching up data in an excel spreadsheet. In the access database is all the info about the booking e.g day time room code etc and in the excel spreadsheet there is the information about what equipment the room has e.g white board, projector etc. What I am am trying to do is build an interface inside excel to query both the access and excel datasets. A user will be able to...

No data!
Money 2004 installation over Money 2003. System warned me of incomplete transactions in 2003. Couldn't get 2003 to show me any - normal entrance and exit. Now the data files seem to be initial files, no tranasctions of mine anywhere. I have an offsite backup about a month old for an emergency. I don't see, however, how the system could overwrite without multiple warnings. What now? (if anything) Mark In microsoft.public.money, Mark wrote: >Money 2004 installation over Money 2003. > <snip> >I don't see, however, how the system could overwrite >wit...

Distribution list inconsistant
Hi, There is inconsistent to send out a email to distribution list. For an example, a user tried to send out DL-Staff then all staffs receive it and after 5 minutes, she sent out another email to same DL and no one receive it. Tested samller on distribution such as departmental and everything is OK and stable. I took a look on the server and CPU, disk i/o are very relaxed. I will be appreciated any information how approach should I trouble shoot this type of problem. Could it be memory leak? This is wild guess. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow and, is it a universal DG o...

pivot table
After refreshing data, three columns of data are missing. I have to dag the field to the table again. Does anyone know what's wrong? i'm using excel 2003. thanks/jj Please check the column header , if any change in header it is missing from pivot after refreshing. Sanjeev "JJ" wrote: > After refreshing data, three columns of data are missing. I have to dag the > field to the table again. Does anyone know what's wrong? i'm using excel > 2003. > > thanks/jj ...

Chart data using Access
I would like to chart data and have line chart display actual data points. The only option it gives me is Sum, Avg, Min, Max and Count. None of these plot the actual data points over time. I'm using only two fields from a query. A date field and a data field that gives me a numberic value such as 0.90 So I want to plot the activity of these numbers over time. Access 2003 and Windows XP Any suggestions? -- FL Use the chart wizard to get you started and then simply change the Row Source property of the control. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP ...

Help to import data from reference workbook
I wasn't sure if this would require VB or not so I've put this in the General Question group. I have 2 workbooks where the first 3 columns of each row (after a title row) consist of an ID number, a North coordinate and an East Coordinate. Workbook A is complete in that every ID for our system is included along with the coresponding North and East coords. Workbook B includes a subset of the IDs and only some of the IDs have their coords in columns B and C. How do I import the coords into Workbook B without having to copy/paste a thousand or more times. Thanks in advance for a...

Business Data Lookup Snap-in Microsoft CRM
Hi All ... Does anybody know "Business Data Lookup Snap-in" ??? I just installed it ... the BDL Snap-in buttons appear in the tool bar of Word (Office 2003) ... but when I click on it nothing append ... A "Documents Action" window should open at the right side of the word document. Anybody can give me a clue ??? Tanks ... Y'all ...

Data Table
Hi, I am trying to create at data table with two inputs and one outcome. The inputs are calculated: (1) An IRR and (2) a Debt Coverage Ratio. The output is rent, which is not a formula. I want to be able to input any IRR value and/or DCR, but the Data Table will not output my rental change that would correspond to the changes in the IRR/DCR. Is Excel capable of doing this, and if so, can someone send me a simple demonstration/calculation to help me? I have been working on this for a bit and am frustrated. I am afraid that I am not able to have a clear head since i have been ...

multiple task bar entries after conversion
we converted a database from Access 97 to Access 2000. It functions correctly except that it places a new task bar entry for every form or report opened in the task bar. Before conversion there remained only the one Access task bar entry regardless of number of reports opened within the database. Is this something we can fix? Thank you. Tools, Options, View tab, Windows in Taskbar "kathy" <kathy.m.torrey@dhs.gov> wrote in message news:018601c37c7c$61538bc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > we converted a database from Access 97 to Access 2000. It > functions correctly ex...

Charting data from multiple sheets
Is there a way to chart date from multiple sheets. I have used Qpro for years and want to get away form it but... I use one sheet per month of data and what to chart Jan to Dec for example. Any ideas? Sean - You need to summarize the data on a single sheet, then make your chart. You can use formulas to do this. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Sean Mc wrote: > Is there a way to chart date from multiple sheets. I have > used Qpro for years and want to get away form it but... I > use one sheet per mo...

Automatic Watermark Distribution
I have a list of 25 people and I need to add there name as a watermark to the same Excel File for distribution. Can outlook do this automatically using their Email Address or name as it is listed in our internal directory? That would require writing VBA code to do whatever you want to the Excel = file and then create the email messages to distribute it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Broken tool tips in multiple MFC applications (including Developer Studio). Office 2003?
I have a situation in which tooltips in our MFC-based application (and others) simply quit working. Even those in Developer Studio 6.0 quit working. Rebooting the machine brief restores them, but they will eventually go south again. I can roughly pinpoint this occurrence to the installation of Office 2003 on the machine (machine OS is Windows XP SP1). Has anyone else seen this (or even better, know of a fix)? Thanks, Rb Yep, seen this many times. I gave up using Microsoft tool tips, and wrote my own. "R Baker" <nospamx@nospamx.com> wrote in message news:uFsEfWycEHA.363...