distributing data into multiple cells

hii

i have to prepare an exel sheet of some 2000 products..i have to copy
d data
from the net and then prepare the sheet,with 4 different columns for 4
diff types
of entries..now when i copy data nad paste is as text.it all goes in a
single cell in a row .how can i distribute the data l into multiple
cells?????????

--
jaspreet
jaspreet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23821

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

can you show some sample data.
Depending on the data, you could do the following:
Select the column in which the data is there. (most probably column A)
Select in the menu bar: Data > Text to Columns, and follow steps.

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10470

auto add contact in a distribution list
Hi. I had some code to generate a contact item automatically when I receive an email. I need to this contact be added in a specific distribution list too. Can anyone help me?.. Thanks in adavance. Regards. Post your code? --JP On Jan 20, 11:11=A0am, yannickestrada <yannickestr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi. I had some code to generate a contact item automatically when I recei= ve > an email. I need to this contact be added in a specific distribution list > too. Can anyone help me?.. > > Thanks in adavance. > > Regards. ...

transfer data from Excel to Access
I am not sure if this is the right group for me to ask the following question, if not would you please direct me to the right group. Thanks! Question: Is there any easy way to transfer data from Excel 2002 into Access 2002? Regards, LJ Hi in Access: File - Import External Data -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany L.J. wrote: > I am not sure if this is the right group for me to ask the following > question, if not would you please direct me to the right group. > Thanks! > > Question: Is there any easy way to transfer data from Excel 2002 into > Access 2002? > &...

Problem with external data web query
Hello I have an Excel spreadsheet that obtains data from the internet. It is updated daily. In all there are 42 separate web queries on my spreadsheet. They all download almost identical tables of identical sixe (7C x 50R) If I choose to update each morning by using the <Refresh All> button on the External Data Toolbar then problems occur. Most notably, some data are not downloaded. About 7 queries out of the 42 have faults. If I update manually (i.e. go to each table in Excel and right click and select <!Refresh> then the success rate is much higher. Still, and more ...

Transforming Data
Consider the the below example: Sheet1: (This is what I have) A B C D E F 1 x x x y y y 2 x x x y y y 3 x x x y y y 4 x x x y y y 5 x x x y y y *Sheet2: (This is how I want it to be) A B C 1 x x x 2 y y y 3 x x x 4 y y y 5 x x x 6 y y y 7 x x x 8 y y y 9 x x x 10 y y y * Sheet2 links with Sheet1 Hope this illustrates my problem.....and I am sure you must have some sol...

Splitting Cells #5
I have a sheet that I am working on and want to create a split cell within the cell itself. How do you do that? You don't. There's no provision for splitting cells in XL. You can split content to other cells, either via formula or Data/Text to Columns. You can merge two columns except for the row(s) you want your "split" to occur, but merged cells generally cause more problems than they're worth. There may be, depending on what you're trying to do, other workarounds. In article <A190136F-F850-4C54-BD73-83707052B918@microsoft.com>, D Head <D Head@d...

Can excel data be encrypted?
I have Employee numbers that I want to encrypt so the employees cant be identified. Can this be done in excel and how? Thank you. "Confused" wrote: > I have Employee numbers that I want to encrypt > so the employees cant be identified. Can this be > done in excel and how? Almost anything can be done "in Excel" if you are willing to program in VBA ;-). There might be good free or for-payment solutions available. I don't know. For my own purposes, I wrote my own macros that encode/decode using a fairly simple algorithm based on a user-input ...

How can I stop Excel from correcting data in a sp.sheetfor instan.
How can I stop excel from correcting data I put in a cell? For instance, I type in 1-1 and it automatically makes it Jan00 I want to be able to use the dash without having it be a date. Precede the 1-1 with an apostrophe. I will not show in the cell or in a print out. best wishes Bernard "AaronMahl" <AaronMahl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88720673-8831-49C0-9592-2DE1CBBC4715@microsoft.com... > How can I stop excel from correcting data I put in a cell? For instance, > I > type in > 1-1 and it automatically makes it Jan00 > I want to be...

formulas with source data from pivot tables
In Excel 2002, I cannot reference a cell of a pivot table and fill right or fill down like I could in previous versions. When I try to copy the formula, the function is tied to the source data of the first data cell being copied from the pivot table. Any ideas on how to work around this? Thanks, Kimberley Kimberley, Excel 2002 has changed the way that we use formulas to reference data in Pivot Tables. Most of us created the formula to point at a cell after we had created the Pivot Table so we could get the value out to another process. Well now by default the 'Generate GetPivot...

emailed distribution group but sits in my outbox won't send
I have set up a distribution group. When I send to a group it just sits in my outbox and won't send. It also holds up all mail after it. I never had this problem with Outlook 2002. What do I do? Try with a different distrubtion list with few contacts in them . If that works then the distrubtion list is corrupted. "rcross" <rcross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14ACBC0B-9E3C-42EB-8010-1C457ED95A15@microsoft.com... >I have set up a distribution group. When I send to a group it just sits in >my > outbox and won't send. It also holds up all...

Alignment of data labels
How can I change the size of data labels around a pie chart? I have plenty of room to work with but Chart INSISTS on wrapping labels as in: Saftey & Security - 80% gets formatted as Safety & Security - 80% Environment - 23% gets formatted as Environ ment - 23% This looks like crap!!!! I have plenty of room and my boss asks me why I can't fix it. WHY????? Thanks, joeb Hi, You can not override the default line wraps, only add additional ones. If you reduce the font size it may remove the line wraps. Failing that the best thing is to use textboxes, which will allow you be...

copying matched data, sort of
I have files that contain a header row and then thousands of rows of data. Column A is a customer identifyer label that is unique. There's only 1 row per customer. EXCEPT for my problem. In some cases, we've repeated the rows to split off have of the data in the other cells to be assigned to 1 salesman amd the other half to another salesman. Now I need to merge them all back together so that... X12345 100 2000 Smith Jones X12345 100 2000 Smith Miller Y12345 300 3000 Johnson Howard becomes.... X12345 200 4000 Smith Miller Y12345 300 3000 Johnson Howard So the am...

Personal Distribution Lists
Hi all I've been given a task of updating a load of custom recipient addresses on an Exchange 5.5 server which includes moving them from one Recipient Container to another. Now the problem with this is that I don't think there is a way of doing this without deleting them from the original RC and recreating them in the new RC (don't worry I've at least been using export/import for this). If anyone knows of a better/easier way of doing this I would be interested. The actual moving of the Custom Recipients isn't too bad, but I am now running into problems with people that h...

can i put a sheet name in a cell on excell
i am trying to put a sheet name into a cell and use a command button to activate it. Sheets([D2]).activate does not work for some reason, has anyone got any other ideas? Hello Bob ShName = [D2] Sheets(ShName).Activate HTH Cordially Pascal "Bob Rogers" <Bob Rogers@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:B25AB0BF-6D7A-44C5-AFA1-51B6AEEE54DB@microsoft.com... > i am trying to put a sheet name into a cell and use a command button to > activate it. Sheets([D2]).activate does not work for some reason, has anyone > got any other ideas? or use the for...

Save as the contents of a cell
Don't know whether to ask this here. If I wanted a button on a spreadsheet that automatically saves the excel file with the name that has been put in cell A1 which will change every day, what is the vba code that I need. I can't work it out. ...

return data between numbers
i have a data base that has data in a field showing 200101 to 200710 i need to pull data between 200101 and 200112, then 200201 and 200212 ., etc. I have tried between but to no avail Is your field with 200101 a text or number field? Do you want to total some other fields so as to rollup data by the year? Post your table structure - field names and data type. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "lost in a wildcard query" wrote: > i have a data base that has data in a field showing 200101 to 200710 > i need to pull data between 200101 and 200112, then 200201...

Question about number of possible cells in Excel.
The book I'm reading says Excel has 255 worksheets, 256 columns and 65,536 rows. It also says Excel has 16.5 million cells. Is that correct, and if so, how is that calculated? Another thing...it says columns are labeled A through Z, AA through AZ, and so on, up to IV. I typed "IV" into the name box, and couldn't visualize the cell reference. Am I reading it correctly as the letter "I" and the letter "V"? Thanks in advance. Try this in an empty worksheet. Edit|Goto (or F5 or ctrl-g) type: IV65536 That's the last cell on the worksheet in xl97-...

Distribution List Not Distribution
I'm Running Win 2003 SBS SP1 with Exchange SP2. Using a POP3 catchall email account with the ISP and the POP3 connector in exchange. Have created a Distribution List called info@domainname.com to distribute to two members. Sometimes I get the emails and he doesn't and sometimes he gets it a I don't. Then sometimes we both get it. But what is sure is that the SBS Fax service is setup to send to this info list. and only he gets them. The public store for the list always get them. Have tried delete list and recreating. Someone else is having the same problem with the ...

Outlook Slow to recall data
After installing SP1 on Outlook 2002, the program runs very slow. When i click on an email, it hangs for several seconds before displaying the message. Any thoughts? Try turning off the "Instant Messaging" Open the TOOLS menu Select OPTIONS... Select the OTHER tab Turn off the check mark next to "Enable Instant Messaging on Microsoft Outlook" -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Will" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:035501c3b913$11dab950$a301280a@phx.gbl... After installing SP1 on Outlook 2002, the program runs very slow. ...

using the offset with a cell name??
I have a spreadsheet that I use as input to my macro. The informatio on the spreadsheet remains the same but the columns that the data is i can change. (i.e. Today the first name is in column a but tomorrow th name could be in column C) I have a total of 34 columns on th spreadsheet whose columns could fall anywhere on the spreadsheet. If I name the header cell of the first name column "FNAME" can somehow use "FNAME" in a loop? Same with the other 34 columns. For x = 0 To Total_Name_Cnt - 1 First_Name(x) = .Offset(x, 'FNAME') Last_Name(x) = .Offset(x, '...

Spreadsheet as data entry form
I wish to use some of my excell files as dataforms so I will have all information straight away in database, are there any good ways to do such a thing or my idea is crazy ? regards Peter Hi Peter my "database" do you mean in excel or in a database program? either can be achieved (although i've not had much experience with writing from excel to a database). if you mean a database (ie flat file - records running across rows and the fields in columns) in excel, then one place to start is to create your "database" (put the headings in row 1) and then as long as you&...

Data Validation #10
Hello, I am using Excel 2003 and am doing a drop down list using Data|Validation. However, I must have the data for my drop down list in the same sheet as my drop down list, otherwise the drop down lsit doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong? I used to be able to put the data in a different sheet. What happened? Valmont Valmont It's OK to have the list in another sheet, but then you must name it, e.g. "List1" (without quotes), and use that name in the validation box (Allow: List and enter =List1) -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. &quo...

How to create a dynamic chart using data from every 7th data row
I have a spreadsheet of with multiple rows of data based on dates. I need to build a dynamic chart that only uses data from every 7th row. To date all I have been able to find is going through the whole spreadsheet and marking data in every seventh row. Any suggestions Here's one way: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon024 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A82A2E2...

Changing data in a combobox when updating another
Dear all, I have a big problem to solve: I have several combobox in my form like this: cbocompany cbodivision cboproductline cbochannel cbocustomer cbomodel cbomarket So I have one table in access for each combobox (these table have the data for each combobox) So when I initialize the form a macro updated each combobox with the acess data, but each combobox have all data - and this is the problem: I would like when (for example) I click in a specific company in cbocompany the others combobox update automatically their data with only the data related with the company selected. For example:...

Rename Distribution List in Bulk
There are many distribution lists name DL - *Something or DL - **Something. This is in the DisplayName and Exchange Alias. I would like to know if there is a script that would allow be to modify the DisplayName and Exchange Alias of these DL's? Any help is appreciated. ...

Value of the Last Data Point Only
How do I get just the data value of the last data point to display? Thanks a lot for any help. Regards, You could adapt the code that Jon Peltier has on his web site: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/LabelLastPoint.html Omit the line that changes the label to the series name. Ronbo wrote: > How do I get just the data value of the last data point to display? > > Thanks a lot for any help. > > Regards, -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Hi, And here's a non vba approach. http://www.andypope.info/ch...