distributing columns evenly

Hi again

I've a list of 200 nos. in a single column (say A1:A200)

I want to distrubute it like this:

A1:A50 contains 50 nos.; B1:B50 contains 50 nos. and so on

Please help

--
Reg
Deepak

0
deepak5142 (11)
6/12/2004 11:33:50 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
do you need this for printing. If yes, see:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Deepak wrote:
> Hi again
>
> I've a list of 200 nos. in a single column (say A1:A200)
>
> I want to distrubute it like this:
>
> A1:A50 contains 50 nos.; B1:B50 contains 50 nos. and so on
>
> Please help
0
frank.kabel (11126)
6/12/2004 12:18:57 PM
try this
Sub movenums()
lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row
For i = 51 To lr Step 50
lc = Cells(1, "iv").End(xlToLeft).Column + 1
Cells(i, "a").Resize(50, 1).Cut Cells(1, lc)
Next
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Deepak" <deepak5142@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi again
>
> I've a list of 200 nos. in a single column (say A1:A200)
>
> I want to distrubute it like this:
>
> A1:A50 contains 50 nos.; B1:B50 contains 50 nos. and so on
>
> Please help
>
> --
> Reg
> Deepak
> AGM Communications

0
Don
6/12/2004 12:20:55 PM
You didn't say where you want the value from A2; in A2 or in B1?

Alan Beban

Deepak wrote:

> Hi again
>
> I've a list of 200 nos. in a single column (say A1:A200)
>
> I want to distrubute it like this:
>
> A1:A50 contains 50 nos.; B1:B50 contains 50 nos. and so on
>
> Please help
>
> --
> Reg
> Deepak
> AGM Communications

0
unavailable (273)

Distribution lists
I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and close, but it does not appear in her contacts. Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? Hi wrong newsgroup? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Circe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1444d01c444c5$2e8b1750$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and > close, but it does not appear in her contacts. > > Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? > Outlook? Just drag it into your message (so it&...

Summation of rows when columns change
I enter a column of data weekly into a spread sheet and then total each row for the last 4,8& 12 weeks. As the column numbers to be added change weekly I have to change the formula weekly. Is there a way to do this automatically? There are numerous ways to automate the change in the Sum formula. A little more information on how your sheet is designed will dictate the best procedure. Is your sum column at the beginning of the list and you add columns of data out to columns (for example) X, Y, and Z ? Is your sum column static, at the end of your data, and you add the weekly data to the...

Distribution Lists #7
Is it possible to have distribution lists in Outlook 2000 sorted by last name? Can't seem to get there. ...

in 10.6 SL, Word lists all fonts, even disabled fonts
Just preformed a clean install of 10.6 Snow Leopard, and now that I've installed office it takes forever to start. I suspect that this has something to do with my fonts, as though I've disabled nearly all of them in FontBook, Word insists on listing every single one. Why is Word ignoring my disabled fonts and how can I fix this? On 9/12/09 2:11 PM, in article 6FB1B852-BFC9-4602-AE16-92CBCFF7B109@microsoft.com, "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Just preformed a clean install of 10.6 Snow Leopard, and now that I've > installed office it take...

Column to a row
I have a column of numbers. How do I transfer this column to a row? There must be a function that will allow it. Thanks, Sal and Eileen Have a look in the help index for TRANSPOSE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Sal Iaccarino" <siaccarina@swfla.rr.com> wrote in message news:mkYLf.40977$g47.16942@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... >I have a column of numbers. How do I transfer this column to a row? There >must be a function that will allow it. > > Thanks, > Sal and Eileen > > I've done it with copy & paste, high light...

Reference distribution for Transaction/General
I would like to see Great Plains offer more characters in the reference distribution when doing a JE. Or, to offer a reference distribution Line 2 as another option. My boss wants to see more information on the TB detail report, but we've used up the reference and the distribution reference for something else. If this is offered, I'd like to make sure that Integration Manager can support this. Thanks, -- V Who's Calling, Inc Financial Reporting Manager ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

Distribution list inconsistant
Hi, There is inconsistent to send out a email to distribution list. For an example, a user tried to send out DL-Staff then all staffs receive it and after 5 minutes, she sent out another email to same DL and no one receive it. Tested samller on distribution such as departmental and everything is OK and stable. I took a look on the server and CPU, disk i/o are very relaxed. I will be appreciated any information how approach should I trouble shoot this type of problem. Could it be memory leak? This is wild guess. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow and, is it a universal DG o...

Automatic Watermark Distribution
I have a list of 25 people and I need to add there name as a watermark to the same Excel File for distribution. Can outlook do this automatically using their Email Address or name as it is listed in our internal directory? That would require writing VBA code to do whatever you want to the Excel = file and then create the email messages to distribute it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Importing a distribution list into another distribution list
I am using Microsoft 2002 and wonder if I can import an existing distribution list into another existing distribution list? I am trying to avoid entering individual emails into an existing distribution list. I'd like to be able to import the entire list. Pat Speir <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Microsoft 2002 and wonder if I can import an > existing distribution list into another existing > distribution list? I am trying to avoid entering > individual emails into an existing distribution list. > I'd like to be able to import the ...

Comparing 2 columns
Column A is full of names (none repeating). Column B has names as well, and the same name MIGHT already be in column A. I want a formula in column C that will first look at cell B1, then search all of Column A, and either answer YES or NO if it is found. I though an If statement would work, but it isnt. I wrote the following - =IF(B1=(A1:A25),"Yes","No") However, this is only returning NO as an answer, even if the name in B1 IS located in the range of A1:A25. Am I doing something wrong, or does this only work for values and not text ? Using Excel 2000, SP2 ly...

How to print on odd and even number page wise Please clarify
Dear sir Please clarify the take Print in Excell sheet odd number and even page Regards M.Dhanasekar Please select Page Setup, Header/Footer, Different odd and even pages. M.Dhanasekar wrote: > Dear sir > > Please clarify the take Print in Excell sheet odd number and even page > > Regards > > M.Dhanasekar ...

Distribution List Not Distribution
I'm Running Win 2003 SBS SP1 with Exchange SP2. Using a POP3 catchall email account with the ISP and the POP3 connector in exchange. Have created a Distribution List called info@domainname.com to distribute to two members. Sometimes I get the emails and he doesn't and sometimes he gets it a I don't. Then sometimes we both get it. But what is sure is that the SBS Fax service is setup to send to this info list. and only he gets them. The public store for the list always get them. Have tried delete list and recreating. Someone else is having the same problem with the ...

Counting a Column
I am trying to do a count of a column....problem is....I want to count whether the cell is shaded in green and if there is a date in the cell as well. so if a cell is shaded in green and has a date, that would count as one. Any ideas? What does the green shade mean? Why is a cell shaded green? If the cells are shaded green using conditional formatting then you can use the same logic that applies the cf to also count those cells. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "dwake" <dwake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF9A7986-2412-4B0D-9606-FAF55BCA...

Excluding a distribution group in a query based distribution group
Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? I'm having a little trouble wrapping my brain around this. Here's my scenario: I want to create a query based distribution list that sends an email to the entire organization except members of a certain distribution group and to a special users group (conference rooms and the like). The way it's setup now, the excluded users are in a security group - I'm thinking they need to be in a distribution group for this to work - but does that group need an email address for it to work? Then when creating the custom filter, what fiel...

GAL Columns pick and choose?
Is it possible to modify the field headings as listed in the GAL, the defaults being name, phone, Office, Title Company etc. I want to drop the office field and instead include the department information, I know how to edit the info for the users but the actual Global address list as seen by all clients only shows certain default fields. any help would be greatly apprecitated. No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Carnie" &...

want to turn PT row data into column data
original data: name win loss score paul 1 325 Jane 0 1 225 walt 1 400 nancy 0 200 jane 1 300 nancy 1 200 paul 1 365 walt 1 350 when i create p.t. I get (or a vague approximation) paul win 2 loss 0 avg 345 jane win 1 loss 1 avg 260 walt win 1 loss 1 avg 375 nancy win 0 loss 2 avg 200 but this is what I would like: name win loss avg Paul 2 0 345 Jane 1 1 260 walt 1 1 375 nancy 0 2 200 ---------------------------- HOw? tx phynkel, Grab the g...

restricting distribution group Help
Hopefully somebody can assist me finding out if there is a way to restrict in Exchange 2003 / Outlook from having users from replying to an e-mail they recieved from being a member of a distribution group. I restricted access who can send to a group but then once sombody recieves the email they are able to reply to the whole group and we want to restrict that feature. On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:11:01 -0700, Matt S <MattS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hopefully somebody can assist me finding out if there is a way to restrict in >Exchange 2003 / Outlook from having users from...

convert outlook 2003 distribution list to Exchange AD shared contact/list
I am still a newbie looking for a better way than using outlook distribution list. - allowing customizing the To address as Dear <FirstName> instead of the address would be a better way - reducing chance of being rated as spammer is also better ( in outlook, mail merge is good but tedious) what is the approach in exchange? to mass mailing to subscribers news? saving existing existing outlook distribution list to text and importing to exchange contact has the dis- advantge of scrambling the File As "gs" <gs@dontMail.telus> wrote: >I am still a newbie looking ...

Delegate can't see the user's contact list to create distribution
I have setup a user to be the delegate for her manager's contact list and she wants to add a distribution list to her manager's contacts but when she tries to add members to the distribution list she only sees her own contact list and the Global Address List. Our setup is Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007. ...

delete rows that have strike-through values in column A
Hi EXCEL expert, I know of a VBA code that can delete empty rows in a range of data. But I wonder is there a VBA code that can delete the rows that have, say, in column A cells that contain "strike-through" values. Column A contains PartNumber in both numeric and alpha-numeric values. A successful VBA code will really save me a lot of time in office work. Appreciate very much any help offer ! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ one way: Pub...

Distribution list with CC
Is there a way to have a distribution list that has both To and CC addresses? Where an address or DL is placed is not a property of the address or DL. User does that at the time of composition. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pencil" <pencil@unlisted.com> wrote in message news:Xns980C819F074DApencilunlistedcom@208.49.80.60... > Is there a way to have a distribution list that has both To and CC > addresses? > ...

Value spans three columns
How can I put a value in row 2 that spans columns j, k and l, and have it centered horizontally in those three columns? Use format>alignment>center across selection. Suggest adding a custom icon to your toolbar by right click toolbar>customize> Sub CenterAcross() Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenterAcrossSelection End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jerry chapman" <jerryc314@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:mtWBd.5558$5R.2642@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com... > How can I put a value in row 2 that spans columns j, k and l, and hav...

Data in column predetermined by what has been entered in previous
Example: If a code (i.e., 1, 2, 3, etc.) is placed in column A, can the choice of the code in column A assign a predetermined entry (always the same for each code) in column B? If so how do you assign each "code" the specific statement that will follow in column B? I.E. Placing #1 in column A with automatically (and always) put "blue eyes" in column B. Check out the VLookup function in HELP. HTH, Gary Brown "zan123" wrote: > Example: If a code (i.e., 1, 2, 3, etc.) is placed in column A, can the > choice of the code in column A assign a predeter...

Distribution Group Only From:
I have a distribution group that contains all of the users for our entire organization and I don't want it accessible from everyone, so I deselected everyone. However we do need the distribution list to receive emails from one specific SMTP address which is external to our organization. I have tried creating a contact with the email address that should have the ability to send to this distribution group and entered it in the Only From:, however they are still receiving a bounce back that they don't have permission to send to that distribution group. Anybody have a solution? ...

Special Text to Column question
I have a special problem that I hope the gurus here can solve. Once a month or so, I receive a text file that includes about 400 lines of 323 characters each. Groups of characters have different meaning depending on their position in the string. Some are grouped in as little as one character, other groups are as long as 25 characters. There are no delimiting characters like commas, spaces or the like I usually open the file in Excel and click Text to Columns and select Fixed Width. From there I scroll left to right and click on the necessary widths for the groups involved "9, 5, 2, ...