display data for non zero

How do I get the follow if the raw data is available from the same
spreadsheet but from a hidden column M, N if Hoursrepresent is not equal to
value '0.00' using formula and NO Filter is used.
   A                     B
couponID         Hoursrepresent
00312              4.00
00315              2.50
00319              1.75
00323              3.60

    M                   N
couponID         Hoursrepresent
00310               0.00
00311               0.00
00312               4.00
00313               0.00
00314               0.00
00315               2.50
00316               0.00
00317               0.00
00318               0.00
00319               1.75
00320               0.00
00321               0.00
00322               0.00
00323               3.60
00324               0.00

0
abc7550 (22)
6/12/2009 12:53:22 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

In A2, ctrl+shift+enter:
=INDEX(M:M,SMALL(IF($N$2:$N$16<>0,ROW($N$2:$N$16),""),ROW(A1)))

in B2, ctrl+shift+enter:
=INDEX(N:N,SMALL(IF($N$2:$N$16<>0,ROW($N$2:$N$16),""),ROW(A1)))

then grab A2:B2, fill down.
If you fill down too far, you'll see #NUM, but you can eliminate that with
conditional formatting, making the font white if the result is an error
value...

Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"crapit" <abc@mail.com> wrote in message
> How do I get the follow if the raw data is available from the same
> spreadsheet but from a hidden column M, N if Hoursrepresent is not equal
> to value '0.00' using formula and NO Filter is used.
>   A                     B
> couponID         Hoursrepresent
> 00312              4.00
> 00315              2.50
> 00319              1.75
> 00323              3.60
>

>    M                   N
> couponID         Hoursrepresent
> 00310               0.00
> 00311               0.00
> 00312               4.00
> 00313               0.00
> 00314               0.00
> 00315               2.50
> 00316               0.00
> 00317               0.00
> 00318               0.00
> 00319               1.75
> 00320               0.00
> 00321               0.00
> 00322               0.00
> 00323               3.60
> 00324               0.00

0
rumlas (268)
6/12/2009 2:47:25 PM
if dont use array??

"Bob Umlas" <rumlas@kpmg.com> wrote in message
> In A2, ctrl+shift+enter:
> =INDEX(M:M,SMALL(IF($N$2:$N$16<>0,ROW($N$2:$N$16),""),ROW(A1)))
>
> in B2, ctrl+shift+enter:
> =INDEX(N:N,SMALL(IF($N$2:$N$16<>0,ROW($N$2:$N$16),""),ROW(A1)))
>
> then grab A2:B2, fill down.
> If you fill down too far, you'll see #NUM, but you can eliminate that with
> conditional formatting, making the font white if the result is an error
> value...
>

> Bob Umlas
> Excel MVP
>

> "crapit" <abc@mail.com> wrote in message
>> How do I get the follow if the raw data is available from the same
>> spreadsheet but from a hidden column M, N if Hoursrepresent is not equal
>> to value '0.00' using formula and NO Filter is used.
>>   A                     B
>> couponID         Hoursrepresent
>> 00312              4.00
>> 00315              2.50
>> 00319              1.75
>> 00323              3.60
>>

>>    M                   N
>> couponID         Hoursrepresent
>> 00310               0.00
>> 00311               0.00
>> 00312               4.00
>> 00313               0.00
>> 00314               0.00
>> 00315               2.50
>> 00316               0.00
>> 00317               0.00
>> 00318               0.00
>> 00319               1.75
>> 00320               0.00
>> 00321               0.00
>> 00322               0.00
>> 00323               3.60
>> 00324               0.00

0
abc7550 (22)
6/12/2009 2:56:47 PM
Then you get #VALUE! error!

> if dont use array??
>
> "Bob Umlas" <rumlas@kpmg.com> wrote in message
>> In A2, ctrl+shift+enter:
>> =INDEX(M:M,SMALL(IF($N$2:$N$16<>0,ROW($N$2:$N$16),""),ROW(A1)))
>>
>> in B2, ctrl+shift+enter:
>> =INDEX(N:N,SMALL(IF($N$2:$N$16<>0,ROW($N$2:$N$16),""),ROW(A1)))
>>
>> then grab A2:B2, fill down.
>> If you fill down too far, you'll see #NUM, but you can eliminate that
>> with conditional formatting, making the font white if the result is an
>> error value...
>>

>> Bob Umlas
>> Excel MVP
>>

>> "crapit" <abc@mail.com> wrote in message
>>> How do I get the follow if the raw data is available from the same
>>> spreadsheet but from a hidden column M, N if Hoursrepresent is not equal
>>> to value '0.00' using formula and NO Filter is used.
>>>   A                     B
>>> couponID         Hoursrepresent
>>> 00312              4.00
>>> 00315              2.50
>>> 00319              1.75
>>> 00323              3.60
>>>

>>>    M                   N
>>> couponID         Hoursrepresent
>>> 00310               0.00
>>> 00311               0.00
>>> 00312               4.00
>>> 00313               0.00
>>> 00314               0.00
>>> 00315               2.50
>>> 00316               0.00
>>> 00317               0.00
>>> 00318               0.00
>>> 00319               1.75
>>> 00320               0.00
>>> 00321               0.00
>>> 00322               0.00
>>> 00323               3.60
>>> 00324               0.00

0
rumlas (268)
6/12/2009 3:22:56 PM
No other way without using array CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER??

> Then you get #VALUE! error!
>
> "crapit" <abc@mail.com> wrote in message
>> if dont use array??
>>
>> "Bob Umlas" <rumlas@kpmg.com> wrote in message
>>> In A2, ctrl+shift+enter:
>>> =INDEX(M:M,SMALL(IF($N$2:$N$16<>0,ROW($N$2:$N$16),""),ROW(A1)))
>>>
>>> in B2, ctrl+shift+enter:
>>> =INDEX(N:N,SMALL(IF($N$2:$N$16<>0,ROW($N$2:$N$16),""),ROW(A1)))
>>>
>>> then grab A2:B2, fill down.
>>> If you fill down too far, you'll see #NUM, but you can eliminate that
>>> with conditional formatting, making the font white if the result is an
>>> error value...
>>>

>>> Bob Umlas
>>> Excel MVP
>>>

>>> "crapit" <abc@mail.com> wrote in message

0
abc7550 (22)
6/12/2009 3:28:02 PM
Not that I can come up with -- what's your hesitation about using CSE? There
shouldn't be any! (hesitation, that is!)

> No other way without using array CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER??
>
> "Bob Umlas" <rumlas@kpmg.com> wrote in message
>> Then you get #VALUE! error!
>>
>> "crapit" <abc@mail.com> wrote in message
>>> if dont use array??
>>>
>>> "Bob Umlas" <rumlas@kpmg.com> wrote in message

0
rumlas (268)
6/12/2009 4:07:02 PM
Hi,

First let me second Bob's comment - you should have no reason not to use
arrays, they're just part of the toolkit that is Excel.  That said:

You can get rid of the array in the second column by using

=LOOKUP(A2,M$2:N$16)

and you can get rid of the array in the first column by using a custom VBA
function.

=OrderedItems(N$2:N$16,ROW(A1))

where the functin is

Function OrderedItems(Rng1 As Range, theRow As Long)
    Dim I As Long
    Dim cell As Range
    Dim x
    I = 1
    For Each cell In Rng1
       If cell <> 0 Then
            x = cell.Offset(0, -1)
            If I = theRow Then
                OrderedItems = x
                Exit Function
            End If
        I = I + 1
        End If
    Next cell
End Function

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"crapit" wrote:

> No other way without using array CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER??
>
> "Bob Umlas" <rumlas@kpmg.com> wrote in message
> > Then you get #VALUE! error!
> >
> > "crapit" <abc@mail.com> wrote in message
> >> if dont use array??
> >>
> >> "Bob Umlas" <rumlas@kpmg.com> wrote in message

OK, I use the array, as I dont want to use VBA.
"Shane Devenshire" <ShaneDevenshire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:23DBE899-F6A1-42B7-BE7A-FEB162E3BFF8@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> First let me second Bob's comment - you should have no reason not to use
> arrays, they're just part of the toolkit that is Excel.  That said:
>
> You can get rid of the array in the second column by using
>
> =LOOKUP(A2,M$2:N$16)
>
> and you can get rid of the array in the first column by using a custom VBA
> function.
>
> =OrderedItems(N$2:N$16,ROW(A1))
>
> where the functin is
>
> Function OrderedItems(Rng1 As Range, theRow As Long)
>    Dim I As Long
>    Dim cell As Range
>    Dim x
>    I = 1
>    For Each cell In Rng1
>       If cell <> 0 Then
>            x = cell.Offset(0, -1)
>            If I = theRow Then
>                OrderedItems = x
>                Exit Function
>            End If
>        I = I + 1
>        End If
>    Next cell
> End Function
>
> --
> If this helps, please click the Yes button.
>
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "crapit" wrote:
>
>> No other way without using array CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER??
>>
>> "Bob Umlas" <rumlas@kpmg.com> wrote in message
>> > Then you get #VALUE! error!
>> >
>> > "crapit" <abc@mail.com> wrote in message

0
abc7550 (22)

Acces denied when trying to access offline data after synchro
Hi, I have XP SP2 fresh Installed on my laptop, reinstall crm for outlook with all patches, everything work fine with my crm on my server, i can acces my data with my outlook and also via the web. I do sync and it work fine also. After the sync i automaticly receive a error : Acces denied : You do not have sufficient access rights or privileges to perform this action. I go back online ans it's working online. Never able to access my offline data and getting this message each time. In the registry key i have the 00 already. My CRM security service is strated on the server. The only...

Trying to update data in RMS with a web interface
My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me some generic tips and/or code to assist me. I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the Customer.CustomText1 field. The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window ...

Summing Data Series
I have just created a chart, but rather than show each data series individually, it has added them together. Hence the first data series shows the values from Column A of my Sheet correctly, but the second series shows the values from column A PLUS the valus from COlumn B, similarly the third series shows the sum of the values from Columns A, B and C. Why is Excel doing this? I am using Excel XP That is rather strange -- unless, of course, you are creating a stacked column chart, in which case the behavior is as expected. If not, how *exactly* did you create the chart? And, what do...

Consolidating & Labels
When consolidating a bunch of data and checking "Create Links to Sourc Data," everything works fine but it includes a + or minus icon on th left to click on to see all of the values summed (added rows). Now, my question is: Is it possible to have labels on the left of al of these 40 values or so being summed (only seen when consolidated cel is expanded) and have those labels appear directly to the left of thes values from the source files? This would then make it easy to create pivotTable. Thank you -- rhelle -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Dual Displays

Non-Delivery Reports for External email senders
My Exchange 2003 Server only sends NDRs to internal email senders. External email senders who mis-type email addresses get nothing delivered back. My Bad mail folder is empty but the mail queue is full with stuff trying to leave the server. How can I make the external mail servers get their non-deliverable reports. I have Recipient policy set to check users in active directory and enabled in the SMTP virtual server. Make sure everything is enabled, use this article as a reference. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294757 Nue "David A" <DavidA@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Folder could not be displayed

Money Data
I am using Money 2002 (simply because later version don't offer anything new that I need) but I cannot find anyway or option that will allow me to store the data externally. I can store the backup in a variety of places, however, I would like to keep the primary files, and the automatic backup, off the hard drive and unaccessessible to hackers. Does anyone know how this can be done? Thanks You can copy your .mny file to any media you like using the normal Windows tools from My Computer or Windows Explorer. You can also usually backup to these media using browse from within the M...

How to non system generated journal entries
Does anyone know how to print selcted journal entries or non-system generated journal entries? I want to sort to all manually entered journal entries for the year. Thanks in advance for the help. I would use the account transactions smart list. You will need to filter with a criteria for series and year. Select the Finance series and the year. This will give you all Journal entries that originated from the Financial Transaction window. I hope that helps. "Zigball" wrote: > Does anyone know how to print selcted journal entries or non-system > generated journal entries...

Erroneous Error? re >32,000 data plots in 2D chart
I am getting the error regarding >32,000 data points in a 2D charts in Excel 2003. The same error as in the following post; http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.charting/browse_frm/thread/79458c5c753083a2 However, the largest series I am plotting is only 16,401 data points long. Has anyone previously come across this error statement issued in error? =========== More background. Have defined some chart series using dynamic named ranges. E.G., name the following range "Series1", =OFFSET('C'!$M $20,,,COUNTA('C'!$M$20:$M$30000),1) Then in Chart/S...

Data not loaded to HQ
A worksheet 401 for a store failed and the store stopped loading data. I created a 401 worksheet and the store loaded the data but skipped over a day and a half worth of data. How can I get this data into HQ? Back date your 401 to 3 days ago [or a day before you had the issue] and re-run it and this will fix it. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "Harry O''Neill" <HarryONeill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F807B3DC-3495-43E5-A1F2-E31B873A20F8@microsoft.com... >A worksheet 401 for a store fa...

entering in manipulated data
I have an access form with a field that i need modified before it get entered into the database. If i enter 02-123456 into the form, i want to enter 123456 into the table. can someone help me out on how to do this? We are only logging the number after the "-" but we enter the full number because it is scanned on a bar code. Thanks. If you always need the rightmost six digits you could have code such as: Me.ShortField = Right(Me.LongField,6) If there is a variable number of digits that always follow a hyphen: Me.ShortField = Right(Me.LongField,Len(Me.LongField) - InStr(Me.L...

How to select & display distinct values

Printing JUST the Charts, not the data...
Hi, I'm using Excel 2000 and have a number of worksheets with which I've created some charts (all in the same workbook). Is there a way to print the charts that doesn't involve having to highlight each chart individually? I've got some charts in the same worksheet as their source data and some that are on their own page, but that doesn't seem to matter (unless I'm missing something). Any ideas? Thanks, Shane You could use a macro like the following. It prints out each chart sheet, and each embedded chart on each sheet, as if you'd selected each chart a...

Display Time in Outlook

Upsizing with picture data
I am attempting to upsize a database from Access 2003 to SQL Server 2005 Express. All tables, indexes, relations, etc. are correctly upsized, except one table refuses to cooperate. This table is an OLE object field, which contains picture data. If I remove this field, the table can be upsized. Apparently, the upsizing wizard is unable to make the transition. Is there a way around this dilema? create the table with out the old field then create a append query and add the field use the image data type. now you can append the missing data Hope this helps "wschlichtman" <wsc...

non-zero solution
Hi, I do not know whether i can use excel in this or not. but I am trying to find the non-zero solution to the following equation: 0.6*exp(t*1.0986)-0.6=0.99994572*t but i always get a zero solution. How could i obtain the non-zero solution?I know that there is a non zero value of t satisfying the previous equation. Plz help, A.A.A A.A.A - Here's one way. Let A1 contain values of t, and initially enter 1 (or your choice of starting value) in A1. Let A2 contain the left side: =0.6*EXP(A1*1.0986)-0.6 Let A3 contain the right side: =0.99994572*A1 Let A4 contain the difference, which...

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

reading data from Excel Sheet
hi, i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i read it. i don't want to create any DSN thank you, regards, koti You can use the Excel.Application com object -- Satish "Koti" wrote: > hi, > > i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i > read it. i don't want to create any DSN > > thank you, > > regards, > koti > > > ...

Stop displaying a line