let's say i have this routine

Sub Test

    label1.caption = "Starting ... "

     'do  events

    label1.caption = "Getting there ... "

     'do events

    label1.caption = "Finished! ... "

End Sub

on my form, i have label1 right in the middle

what happens is sometimes the message will change, and then sometimes it
wont, or it will show the first one, skip the second and jump to the third

etc etc etc

so it is inconsistent.

is there a way to make sure the label caption displays consistently, on
time, when it is supposed to w/o any screen flicker?

0
neowizard (1)
3/6/2008 1:45:00 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Maybe you could change the caption and then repaint the userform:

me.label1.caption = "starting..."
me.Repaint

and so forth

(Untested.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Consolidating & Labels
When consolidating a bunch of data and checking "Create Links to Sourc Data," everything works fine but it includes a + or minus icon on th left to click on to see all of the values summed (added rows). Now, my question is: Is it possible to have labels on the left of al of these 40 values or so being summed (only seen when consolidated cel is expanded) and have those labels appear directly to the left of thes values from the source files? This would then make it easy to create pivotTable. Thank you -- rhelle -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Dual Displays

Mail Merge: Label
Hi, we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the activity is only written to one account ? Is this a known issue ? Kind regards, Roland Pleli Hi, check the below article in MSCRM 4.0.In MSCRM 4.0, Resource center--> sales-------->Create mailing labels from a marketing list. "Roland Pleli" wrote: > Hi, > > we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the > activity is only written to one account ? > > Is this a known issue ? > > Kind regards, > > Roland Pleli > > > ...

Folder could not be displayed

How to select & display distinct values

Linking linked sub reports to a linked Report
I have a report, report A, located in folder A location. I have a linked report of Report A, located in folder B location. I have a sub report, sub report A, located in folder A location. I have a linked sub report of sub report A, located in folder location b. Linked Report A works to an extent when its in Location B, but all of its sub reports are not working. (Error: Subreport could not be shown.) When you go into sub report A in location B and run it as a "report" and it works just fine, so the report works, it just doesn't like being a linked sub report ...

Display Time in Outlook

Changing Codes
I have a series of product codes that all begin with a zero e.g 0455 0343, 0325. I want to change all the zeros to a 9 is there a quick way of doin this? Chri -- cj2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40144 Maybe using a helper cell and using a formula? ="9"&mid(a1,2,255) (255 is just a very big number to get the remainder of the text.) If these are numbers just formatted to show ...

Ownership change
Anyone have experience with being acquired, but stayed on the current systems of MS Dynamics GP? We were just acquired by a new owner. Our companies and operations will stay the same, except we have a new holding company for the new parent. If we are going to stay on MS Dynamics GP, what would be the best way to transition to the new ownership and have a clean cutoff of the old ownership vs new ownership? We were considering two options - 1. start new company db's for each company acquired and copy over our old db to the new db, but remove all the historical tran...

Activate my Excel 2003 but it still runs in reduce mode
My Excel 2003 is showing that it's activated but it is still running in reduce mode. what I'am doing wrong? Rightclick on the excel icon on the windows taskbar (usually at the bottom of the screen). Choose Maximize. Maybe it's just off the screen (not really minimized--just off the screen). atomicesar wrote: > > My Excel 2003 is showing that it's activated but it is still running in > reduce mode. what I'am doing wrong? -- Dave Peterson ...

PK and FK Displayed

Problem writing to 2nd table w/ 1st table's key
Hi everyone. I'm as new to VBA as you can get. Please bear this in mind when viewing my code. I'm self teaching myself and its not going so well. Anyhow, I was hoping that someone could explain what I'm doing wrong. I'm working on a small checklist program that were using out in the field to perform safety inspections. I set my database up similar to an ordering system in that I have a table named Inspections which I'm storing the building and owner data & another table named DeficiencyDetail where I'm attempting to store each separate deficiency. An inspecti...

Changing Constants in several macros in one go
Dear Experts: For a table macro (see below) I have defined two constants ... .... strConstantBlue: representing the RGB value for borders, .... strConstantBlue_2: representing the RGB value for background pattern color. I got SEVERAL similar table macros all with the SAME constants, i.e. .... strConstantBlue and .... strConstantBlue_2. How can I set NEW values for these two constants in all the affected macros in one go, using an InputBox? That is, after entering the new values for the constant <strConstantBlue>, say (44,33,22), the values for these constants have to ...

subform not loading before main form
Hi MS Access 2003 SP2 After I did some refactoring of the subform code, the subform just would not load. In fact, it skips the subform without any error, and fails to load the main form as the main form depends on the subform for some data. My problem was Private Const START_DATE as Date = "#00:00:00#" I had accidentally added quotation marks around the date literal. Since it was not throwing an error it took me 2 days to track down this simple mistake. Hope others won't have to waste so much time! Riyaz Compile --- Hi Riyaz, "Since it was not throwing an error i...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

How to change default formatting
How can I prevent Excel guessing what it thinks I want to type in a cell (mainly text). If I type in 1/2 it thinks I want 1st February 2003, but I just want "1/2" If I type in MAR01 it thinks I want 1st March 2003 but I just want "MAR01" etc etc Its a real pain! I knew about that one thanks. However I want to avoid having to do that every time. Any other ideas? -- "Kevin Stecyk" <stecyk@nohotspammail.com> wrote in message news:OGhujJanDHA.2732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Ian, > > Try preceding the "text" with a single ' (apost...

Exchange 5.5 attachments removed when email sent to external D/L w
Hi, we are using Exchange 5.5 SP4. One of our users (user a) sends an email with a 94K Word attachment to an external address on a different companies exchange system. The email address is actually a distribution list inside this other companies system. One of the members of the address list is a user inside our company (user b). The message is then routed back through the internet to our mail server and then delivered to user b - minus the attachment. I can see in message tracking that the attachment is present at "SMTP Inbound Received" as the email is 94K in size. T...

area code changed
All around us the area codes are changing. How can I universally find and replace the area codes in my contacts? thanx ...

Stop displaying a line

pivot table label adding "2" to the end of a label name
Hi, I have a pivot table and sometimes it adds a "2" to the end of a row lable ie. "joes pizza" is displayed as "joes pizza2". the sorce data certanly doesn't include the "2" and it seems like it is trying to tell me some thing ;). It might be hapening after i do a "replace command" in the source data (replace "sams pizza" with joes Pizza"). any one experienced this? Cheers, The only time I've seen this is when I had multiple headers with the same name. If I were you, I'd check once more--don't forget to c...

Change language event
Hi, Is there a message that I can handle when the user changes the language from the language bar ? Yoav. > Hi, > Is there a message that I can handle when the user changes the language > from > the language bar ? > > Yoav. Try WM_INPUTLANGCHANGE and see where that gets you. Eric ...