Discussion Forum Tools & Tips

Is there a simple way to find my posted questions?

When I perform a search, the results appear in no particular order. Is there
a way to sort them by date? How about filter them by date?

Thanks
--
Art
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

And if you're looking for old posts:

Or you can use google (maybe a few hours/minutes behind) to search for stuff
you've posted (and find the replies, too)

http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.excel.*

Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a simple way to find my posted questions?
>
> When I perform a search, the results appear in no particular order. Is
> there
> a way to sort them by date? How about filter them by date?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Art

0
Otto

Where is Office 2010 beta help/forum?
Is there a Help site or a decdicated forum for Office 2010 Home and Business beta? I use MailWasher Pro (XP/SP3). Since the install, Outlook is now opening every time I process mail from MWP to my email client. Yet, in Control Panel > ... Set Program Access & Defaults, Outlook is not even listed among the choices, let alone chosen. Guess it is a beta... Also, anyone know where the 2010 program files are located? Gene Beta is all but history. The RTM version was released today. You'll find it on your retailer shelves within a few weeks. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Mic...

C# working with office tools
I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server 2008. I want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them together with a table of contents in a c#.net 2008. I then want to export these reports into an electronic format to email to users. Can you give me suggestions on how to accomplish this task? On 20/03/2010 18:15, Wendy Elizabeth wrote: > I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server 2008. > I want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them > together with a table of contents i...

HOT investment tip, can you afford not to? #2
www.belgianpokermob.eu $200 added freeroll TODAY @ 15.00EST $200 added freeroll TODAY @ 17.00EST $200 added freeroll SUNDAY @ 15.00EST also on our site Limited $50 new player sponsorships available just a few Hrs now!! $10 Free no deposit needed!! Open 4 all !! FREE league with in JUNE 3WSOP seats to be won!!! FREE League in JULI $2500 cash + 2x EPT seats!! FREE POKER-BOOZE CRUISE in --->IBIZA (starts Juli 1st) $25-$200 Sponsorships (stats linked) August 2006 FREE pokerschool/News/Intervieuws...... give us a CLICK www.belgianpokermob.eu ...

Wanted: Tips on Flicker-Free Draw Scrolling
Hello. An old project of mine draws stock charts on a picturebox called pctChart. On this pctChart, a routine called DrawChart is used to draw OHLC or Candlestick price bars. After the bars are drawn, the chart tools are drawn over them, such as lines, boxes, etc. This is done in RedrawTools. Currently, I can scroll this chart by either double-clicking the chart, holding down the mouse button on the second click, and dragging the mouse to a new location. After the mouse is let up, then the draw is redrawn in the new location. Or, I can press and hold the Left or Right arro...

Search Discussion Group
Is there anyway to search the discussion group? click on the search button. It's next to the new post and post reply buttons. >-----Original Message----- >Is there anyway to search the discussion group? >. > In Outlook Express, right click group name and select Find. "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:003901c4de1f$0ef97b40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to search the discussion group? ...

Free Webinar on Excel tips & tricks by an Excel MVP
I'm leading a FREE 1-hour online Webinar on Excel Tips & Tricks. Dec 16, Jan 14, Jan 27 from 4-5PM (each session is the same). If interested, go to http://www.iil.com, click on the yellow/orange "Try a free webinar" link on the left side, click the Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks link, follow instructions to register. ...

How to deliver an Excel tool training
Hi, sorry if this is not the right place to post this question... I have a tool in Excel that will be used by 1.000 people. I need to deliver some self-training for all this users, like a demo. Ideally, I would like to show how to use the tool (data entry, functions, user forms usage, etc) and talk on the back explaining what I am doing. I have no idea how to start, which tool can I use to record something like this. Do you have any suggestion/advise??? Thanks, Cecilia Debra Dalgleish posts instructional videos on her site (via youtube.com). You can see lots of examples here: htt...

Discussion threads
If I receive an email containing a discusion thread. Is possible to change the sort order of the emails in the thread. ie from Ascending to Descending or vice versa? ...

outlook 2003: tools - mailbox cleanup
hi all, the above option is greyed out by me ('delete alternate versions of items in your mailbox', with a button for deleting them and viewing the conflicts size) - does anyone have any idea how to enable this? many thanks! spam@redo.net <spam@redo.net> wrote: > the above option is greyed out by me ('delete alternate versions of > items in your mailbox', with a button for deleting them and viewing > the conflicts size) - does anyone have any idea how to enable this? Are you using Exchange? -- Brian Tillman thx for your reply - no, am not... Brian Tillma...

table tool design tab is missing in Excel 2007
Hello. I am running MS Office Home and Student 2007 on Windows XP and am having issues with excel 2007. I believe there is suppose to be a tab titled 'table tools design' that appears when I click anywhere on the table. However, for some reason this tab does not appear when i click on the table. I recently had an addin (mindjet manager), which i have removed as i thought there might have been a conflict, but still nothing. I can see the tab in word 2007 but just not excel. Any help massively appreciated.. With kind regards. Have you actually made a Table using Insert | Table...

easy protection tips
simple internet safety tips http://teaarts.blogspot.com/2010/05/use-with-caution.html In news:b169028e-2564-4e54-b510-22dafe407072@q39g2000prh.googlegroups.com, icetea8 <icetea8@gmail.com> typed: junk spam ...

Rapid migration tool #2
Hi, Have you used rapid migration tool yet ? I tried with Quickbook file saved in Quickbook Pro 2009 Let me know, because I have some problems.... Thanks -- Eric ...

using discussion group
Is there other information, then "help", on how to generally use the discussion group? The problem is I searched and found my posted message last week, but it seems to have vanished now and I do not see a place to review my posted messages. thanks for the help AN user wrote: > Is there other information, then "help", on how to generally use the > discussion group? > The problem is I searched and found my posted message last week, but > it seems to have vanished now and I do not see a place to review my > posted messages. > thanks for the help My advi...

Material Requirement Planning Tool
Can some one kind advise me how I can buld a Material Requiremen Planning tool with excel. All does anyone got links to templates that can use. Thank you in advance. Fr -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Fra - > Can some one kind advise me how I can buld a Material Requirement Planning tool with excel. All does anyone got links to templates that I can use. Thank you in advance. < Have you tried typing "MRP Excel" into google? If so, have you looked at the first hit: http://www.production-scheduling.com/MRP.asp - Mike Thanks for the reply. but the goo...

tools menu not working
In excel, I am trying to use my tools tab but when I run my mousr over it i get a blue square and no commands. Any help would be appreciated ...

Why doesn't Search work in this forum?
No matter what I type in the Search field here, it finds nothing. Am I missing something obvious to everyone but me? Aaargh! Now it works. Next question - how come it seems like I spoend hours fighting these newsgroups? "rainmaker23" wrote: > No matter what I type in the Search field here, it finds nothing. Am I > missing something obvious to everyone but me? Set up your NNTP and try viewing them through Outlook Express - you can actually download the attachments etc... "rainmaker23" <rainmaker23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2689...

Is there a discussion group for Windows 7?
-- meyersroman Official Windows 7 Forums: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 Hi, meyersroman. Sadly, no. Microsoft is moving all free support efforts to Forums. So they never created a newsgroup for Win7. "Discussion groups" really are Usenet newsgroups "in disguise" so that they can be accessed from the web by using a browser (such as Internet Explorer). They still exist, but Microsoft has announced plans to close all of them, starting next week (June 1). The announcements have appeared in these groups several t...

Floating Tool Bars
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C43835.72D52550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having trouble setting up a floating toolbar in an MFC application. = I set up the toolbar in the toolbar editor as IDR_PICKTB. I then try to use the following code in CMainFrame::OnCreate: if (!m_wndPickToolBar.Create(this, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | = CBRS_FLOATING))=20 { TRACE0("Failed to create toolbar\n"); return -1; // fail to create } m_wndPickToolBar.SetBarStyle(m_wndPickToolB...

Discussion Forum
We are using MOSS 2007 and I am trying to set up a site for staff/employees to ask questions of Management. A place where users can post and reply... and Management can post, reply, delete or even edit. I have tried a Discussion Board but that did not seem to allow me to set the permissions the way I wanted. I also tried a Blog site but again I could not set the proper permissions. Is there a way to accomplish what I am trying to do and if so how would I do it? Please point me in the right direction. Thanks for any and all help -- mnl1 I've used SP's disc...

tool-tip or mouse-over text for fields in entities
hi all, we have customized some of our entities and added a new field here and there. so far everything is working. but some of those fields are not self explanatory and we would like to provide some info to users of our crm system what those fields are for. we added a description text to the fields but whenever I move with the mouse over the field, it only displays the name of the field itself. is there any way to display the description text with a mouse-over or tool-tip effect? or some other method of giving our users more info about the various fields they can edit? thanks! patri...

Outlook 2003 "Tools|Mail and News|Send Page" from MSIE
This post addresses two separate issues. *** ISSUE 1 *** When I click Tools|Mail and News|Send Page in MSIE 6.0 (Windows XP), the Outlook editor, rather than Word, is invoked to create the message. Outlook Options are set as follows: Compose in this message format: Either Rich Text <or> HTML. Use Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages: Checked. Use Word 2003 to read Rich Text e-mail messages: Checked. Internet Format|Outlook Rich Text Options: Either Convert to HTML Format <or> Send using Outlook Rich Text format. Is there an option setting or a fix for this? *** ISSUE ...

Discussion Posts
Hey, Anyone know why I can't flag a discussion post for follow-up? Any way around this, as sometimes I'll be forced to send emails via webforms (for support), but I'll create a discussion post in Outlook with all the information I just sent via the webform, and I'll want to flag it for follow-up so I can make sure I hear back from the company within a reasonable amount of time (just like I'll do with regular email messages I send) - by the way, I have Slovak Technical Services (http://www.slovaktech.com) Extended Reminders installed if that helps or hinders the situation?...

discussions

Menus for Visual Studio Tools Build 9 Released
I am pleased to announce that updates for Menus for Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 are now available. We need your feedback to decide if we develop additional features, please post your comments on the blog page: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2010/06/25/menus-for-visual-studio-tools-build-9-released.aspx Additional features include support for toolbars, navigation pane and area pages as well as adding support into the security system for WinForms to be added to Roles and Tasks. Please post your fee...

Looking for Acces to .NET Tips
Are there any white papers/guidelines/tips/hints/suggestions about how to migrate/convert an existing Access 2000/2002 front end (with many fairly complex screens/reports) to a web application using .NET framework? Can't seem to locate any such material. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks, John Hi, Joe You could down load a program .NET code generator using ACCESS(OLE4.0) on download section of www.exmlsoft.com turn your computer to local host to test this program with IE ... "Joe Fallon" <jfallon1@nospamtwcny.rr.com> wrote in message news...