Disabled Trust access to visual basic project checkbox

I am working on some code that uses COM to manipulate VB code in Excel.  I
know that my users need to check the "Trust access to Visual Basic project"
checkbox in Excel's security settings in order to access VBProjects.
However, one of my beta testers reports that the checkbox is disabled on his
machine and we can't figure out why.

Does anyone know what conditions would cause this checkbox to be disabled?

Thank you very much.

David Liebtag

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Take a look at Jim Rech's response in this thread:
http://google.co.uk/groups?threadm=%23VsWtuGCFHA.1400%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl

--

Dave Peterson
0

Cannot access my Publisher documents-"embedded or unavailable" Y
Cannot access now my Publisher documents. A blue bar appears across the monitor. The dialogue says "embedded or unavailable." What do I do? Is that all it says? Any chance you could email the file to me? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67CA6537-6159-420F-A405-D49C7544BC9B@microsoft.com... > Cannot access now my Publisher documents. A blue bar appears across the > monitor. The dialogue says "embedded or unavailable." What do I do? Are the files on your hard drive? Are...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Access 2007 corruputs Access 2000 files if you edit a query. Help!
I have a database that I made a small edit to on my Vista machine running access 2007. The database is on a network shared drive (not ntfs). The query still opens fine on access 2007, but on my XP machine running office 2000, when I open or try to edit the query, Access 2000 just closes with no error message at all. There is also no entry made in the application event log. When I attach my debugger, Visual Studio reports an unhandled exception at 0x1b018900 in MSACCESS.EXE Access violation writing 0x00040ffc The debug window in the debugger also lists: First-chance exception at 0x3008753...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Outlook Webmail Access Prompts for Domain
Previously when logging into Outlook webmail all that was required was a user name and password. Now all of a sudden it is requiring that a user enter a domain as well as a user name and password. Any idea why? Also where can it be corrected so that it would require only a login and password again. You probably install SP for Exchange and change logon.asp file this article may help http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA2003Forms-based-Authentication-default-domain.html Nebojsa Seslija "Mike H." <Mike H.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A436B135-1852...

Can users migrate to a new domain and preserve access permissions in Ex5.5?
My company has two NT domains A and B, which were migrated to AD. We want to move all the user accounts in B to A and then delete domain B. Domain B contains an Ex5.5 server. If I manually select the corresponding migrated account in A as the "Primary NT Account" for each mailbox via the Ex5.5 Administrator, will this preserve the various public folder and mailbox access permissions in Ex5.5? I'm hoping that this is an advantage of 5.5's separate directory. What about the Ex5.5 service account? Presumably, I would not have to change the Outlook profile on each PC. "...

How can I tell Windows to trust my software?
The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software? This file does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher. You should only run software from publishers you trust. How can I decide what software to run? Is there some setting that I can make to Windows to tell it to trust my own software? I want to get rid of the above message. I am assuming you are talking about ActiveX controls that are downloaded from a server. Its been a while since I did this, but you will need to sign your control and mark it safe for scripting etc. We did this ...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Access report design
In Access 2007 - I'm using report wizard to create a basic report, then I want to move things around. I'm running into some frustrations changin the locations of labels. There seems to be a tight link between labels and the fields their associated with. In earlier versions of access, you could easily move things around, with labels independent of the fields. Can this still be done in Access 2007? How? Dana, This is by default, all controls are grouped. For ungrouping: - go to designview in the report - select one of the controls - in the upperleft corner of the l...

Migrating from Beta Edition of Access 2003 to Access 2003
Hi, I designed a database for a customer who was initially using the Beta Edition of Microsoft Office 2003 Professional. Recently, they bought Microsoft Office 2003 Professional and installed it on their computer. However, now the InvoiceForm and the EditDeleteInvoice form do not show the total amount like they did with the Beta Edition. Neither does the rptInvoiceStatement show the total amount, however it did display the total amount with the Beta Edition. There have been no changes made to the database application itself which is in Access 2002 format. The InvoiceForm has two subforms o...

Data population between excel and access
I have a excel user form that collects data and then drops it into an access table. However if the user doesn't complete a field or leaves a field blank then the code comes back with an error. Dim db As DAO.Database Set db = DAO.OpenDatabase("accessdatabase.mdb") ' Open the table Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblFOI") ' Write the data rs.AddNew rs!area = area_cbo.Text rs!Officer = officer_txt.Text rs!tel = tel_txt.Text rs!Type = type_cbo.Text rs!firstname = firstname_txt.Text rs!lastname = lastna...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

convert notepad to access
can i convert note pad to access 2000 ...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

Importing Project into Excel 97
Is it possible to import Project into Excel 97? If so, is there any specific information needed to get this to work? Thanks, Pretty big question!!! Look at Project, I dont have a copy handy... see if it has a save as CSV feature, or export as CSV (Comma Delimited Values). If it does, then Excel can open the data. You probably are in for alot of data massaging and formatting tho.... >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to import Project into Excel 97? If so, is >there any specific information needed to get this to work? > >Thanks, >. > ...

Unable to access sharepoint after domain change
Hi, We have a w2k3 member server with SharePoint 3 that was on a SBS 2003 network. Due to a failed server we had to move it to a new domain under a new SBS 2008 server. Now when we try to access the old sharepoint we get a login prompt. Whatever login we try (old domain accounts and new) it denies us access to the Intranet to retrieve our saved docs. Is there a way to change the permissions on IIS to allow us to access the SharePoint? Thanks in advance, Lyj This is likely not an issue with IIS permissions, but is an issue with your SharePoint credentials themselves. ...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...

Visual Web Developer 2010 Express
Downloaded Visual Web Developer 2010 Express, but it says for evaluation purpose. Can I use for development purpose and deploy the files for web hosting? Man T wrote: > Downloaded Visual Web Developer 2010 Express, but it says for evaluation > purpose. > Can I use for development purpose and deploy the files for web hosting? > > http://www.microsoft.com/express/support/support-faq.aspx ...

Disabling New Records on Forms in VB
Hi Everyone, I have designed a form which successfully supresses the ability to create new records by setting the AllowAdditions property to "No". The problem is that when I open the form using the code below the form once again allows additions and I can't figure out how to prevent this. I tagged the "Me.AllowAdditions = False" into the openargs section but to no avail. If anyone can spot the problem in my code I would be very grateful. Thanks, John ******* Start Code ******* Private Sub cmdView_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As ...

checkbox tag property
I have a group of textboxes -36 in all. How can I change the tag property so when checked, each box returns its number. 1 for chk1, 4 for chk4, etc. I can't seem to make this work in the tag property--where I assume it's done. -- stan If Me.chk1 = True Then Debug.Print Me.chk1.Tag End If You can put the above in a loop to check them all. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "stan" <stan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D7FCD5F-CD40-46CE-BC48-C33392C0408...