Disable save warnings on a csv

Hi All,

Is there a way to disable all the warnings when dealing with a CSV File?  I
do a lot of work with them and it is starting to get annoying.  I don't want
a macro in the file, because then others will get confused when it displays
the message to enable/disable them.

Thanks
Chad

0
chadNOT483 (12)
7/14/2009 5:34:55 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

Well you could put the macro in the Personal Macro Workbook and then it
would be available for you but not for the other users.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Chad Cameron" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way to disable all the warnings when dealing with a CSV File?  I
> do a lot of work with them and it is starting to get annoying.  I don't want
> a macro in the file, because then others will get confused when it displays
> the message to enable/disable them.
>
> Thanks
> Chad

Save chime
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel We updated from an older version of word which had a chime sound when saving a file. My wife got to depend on this to confirm that she really had saved. This version does not seem to have that feature, or is it hidden somewhere? Not exactly "hidden" :-) Go to Word> Preferences> General, in the 'Authoring & Proofing Tools' check the box for "Provide feedback with sound". HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/21/10 12:32 PM, in article 59bb3343.-1@webcross...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

Save as vba function
Hi there guys, I need to achieve a saveas function with vba from a *.xtl 1) Cell c3 contains a text that will act as the file name. 2) the code needs to use this text as file name and save it to a directory C:\windows\desktop\dummy\. 3) if the file exists then the user needs to be prompted to save or rename in that directory. what I have so far is Workbooks("book1.xtl").SaveAs Filename:="C:\windows\desktop\dummy\" & Range("c2").Value & ".xls" the above works fine until the system finds that the filename exists and instead of asking the user i...

Can a a chart be saved as a .bmp?
I can save charts as a .gif, as a .jpg and as a .png. How about a .bmp? I have read that it is possible but no one is saying how. I don' want to use print screan and then crop it. I am currently using this below. Can it be modified for .bmp (24 bit color)? I am pretty sure the answer is no but I wanted to consult the experts. Excel 97 & 2000. Sub Chart_800x600Gif() Dim MyChart As Chart Set MyChart = ActiveChart MyChart.Parent.Width = 600 ' resize the chart *.75 MyChart.Parent.Height = 450 ' actual size 800x600 MyDirectory = Left(ActiveWorkbook.FullName, ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Systemsettings don't save
Have anyone experienced that after changing system settings like outlook sync. time, the next time you go to system settings it hasn't changed ? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 20045 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails. Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her. Jack, check this blog: http://groups.google.be/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/3fd= 54fc55203a576/c56131c48ef5ecf3?lnk=3Dgst&q=3Drep...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

Saving an Excel file #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I cannot save an Excel file to my hard drive. I get a message that reads "...Cannot access the file "Macintosh HD" with various reasons. Have you tried repairing disk permissions? Have you udated to Office 12.0.1? Are you running OS X 10.5 or 10.5.2? It would help to know specifically *what* reasons are given in the error messages - "various" tells us absolutely nothing. In fact, the content you're omitting is the most important part. -- Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac <fr...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

Disabling New Records on Forms in VB
Hi Everyone, I have designed a form which successfully supresses the ability to create new records by setting the AllowAdditions property to "No". The problem is that when I open the form using the code below the form once again allows additions and I can't figure out how to prevent this. I tagged the "Me.AllowAdditions = False" into the openargs section but to no avail. If anyone can spot the problem in my code I would be very grateful. Thanks, John ******* Start Code ******* Private Sub cmdView_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As ...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...

Save as garbage (HTML)
In Office rather Excel 97 I can't seem to get the save as HTML to save my documents as they were in Excel. This function copies everything...hidden files and all and also out of proportion. Does anyone know how to fix this or why it's happening? Thanks......Tim ...

Outlook 2000-Wont save calendar date
I am constantly changing the date in my calendar and everywhere else, but when I send messages, the date is 1988. What can I do? Thanks What are your system time settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, ginariojas asked: | I am constantly changing the date in my calendar and everywhere else, | but when I send messages, the date is 1988. What can I ...

Disable page caching without disabling caching of jpegs and stylesheets etc
Hi, We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the pages as they contain real time data. I am currently using the following line in the page template on the PreInit event: Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache) Will this prevent things like Jpegs and CSS stylesheets from being cached as well? If so is there another way of doing this? Cheers, James JimLad wrote: > We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the > pages as they contain real time data. > > I am currently using the following line...

disable F1
Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? Place these in a standard module: Sub DisableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}", "" End Sub Sub EnableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}" End Sub HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? >. > ...

Disabling users from deleting item in their inbox
Iam trying to figure out how to disallow certain users from deleting email from their inbox. I have a few users that delete item they are not supposed to and would like to know if i can disable them from doing so. Or is there a way to disable the empty deleted items? thanks Frank frank@interconnectnetworks.com <frank@interconnectnetworks.com> wrote: > Iam trying to figure out how to disallow certain users from deleting > email from their inbox. I have a few users that delete item they are > not supposed to and would like to know if i can disable them from > doing so. Or...

Some menu functions disabled
Hi I have just received an excel file that has a lot of the menu and tool bar options disabled. For example, in one of the sheets, rows 1-10 have been hidden but the option 'unhide' in the menu is disabled Any ideas? Hi maybe the file/worksheet is protected. Goto 'Tools - Protection' and unprotect it >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I have just received an excel file that has a lot of the >menu and tool bar options disabled. > >For example, in one of the sheets, rows 1-10 have been >hidden but the option 'unhide' in the menu is disable...

disable public folder error
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - continue to get this RED event 1147 error: Error --- while disabling rule on public folder with rule ID 100. The folder ID of the public folder is in the data section of this event. there is no other information - how do I find out which public folder this belongs to? Nancy Stevens NStevens@tycoint.com I was looking this up and found that there may be an eventID 8528 somewhere before the 1147 events in the log that may shed light on what is causing the error. Based on what I read, seems like it may be a mailbox that is full. Hope that helps! -Iona -- Iona Wilson ...

How Best to Disable <ESC> Key on Form
My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access. In my office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users at any given time. 1. This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users. 2. It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally while they are entering data into this database. + The users are using this database and another commercial database (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC> key than in Access) toggling back and fort...