Digital Signatures

Hello.  I have created several VB Editor macros to run in my excel files.
Many people who I sent the project to have trouble using the files I have
created after I have sent it to them.  I have been doing much reading on this
subject and have discovered that I may need a digital signature to enable my
projects as a trusted source.

Problem is, in my searches, I am finding that this is an expensive endevour.
 Does anyone know if there is a way to get a digital signature to enable my
excel 2003 vba projects to be enabled as a trusted source without it costing
me lots of money?  Using selfcert.exe is not an option for me as my work will
not install it for me.
0
Jcraig713 (2)
5/21/2009 2:52:16 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

SelfCert signatures are good only on the computer on which they are created
so you couldn't export the key to others even if you were to be able to
create it.

Using Excel 2003 you will have to purchase a signature or have users set
their security to medium and click on the "enable macros" when they open the
workbook.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 May 2009 07:52:16 -0700, Jcraig713
<Jcraig713@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello.  I have created several VB Editor macros to run in my excel files.
>Many people who I sent the project to have trouble using the files I have
>created after I have sent it to them.  I have been doing much reading on this
>subject and have discovered that I may need a digital signature to enable my
>projects as a trusted source.
>
>Problem is, in my searches, I am finding that this is an expensive endevour.
> Does anyone know if there is a way to get a digital signature to enable my
>excel 2003 vba projects to be enabled as a trusted source without it costing
>me lots of money?  Using selfcert.exe is not an option for me as my work will
>not install it for me.

0
Gord
5/21/2009 5:09:52 PM
The best way to solve this is reason and collaboration. Talk to "your work",
explain the problem and ask for advice. It may find that a selfcert
installation is a pretty cheap and harmless solution.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Jcraig713" <Jcraig713@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.  I have created several VB Editor macros to run in my excel files.
> Many people who I sent the project to have trouble using the files I have
> created after I have sent it to them.  I have been doing much reading on
> this
> subject and have discovered that I may need a digital signature to enable
> my
> projects as a trusted source.
>
> Problem is, in my searches, I am finding that this is an expensive
> endevour.
> Does anyone know if there is a way to get a digital signature to enable my
> excel 2003 vba projects to be enabled as a trusted source without it
> costing
> me lots of money?  Using selfcert.exe is not an option for me as my work
> will
> not install it for me.

0
nospam4155 (73)

Digital Imaging Pro #2
Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line drawing? -- CharleneM Carla wrote: > Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line > drawing? We wouldn't know. This is a Publisher group. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Yes, I know it's a Publisher group, but since Dig Imaging Pro is bundled with Publisher and since I can't find a Dig. Imaging Pro forum, I was hoping someone working with Publisher and DIP might know as such a conversion would be most appropriate in black and white materi...

2-digit
I have two lists of product codes (2-digit and 6-digit), each of which has an import value (in otherwords 4 columns) as follows: 1 2 3 4 Prod code (2 digit) importval ($) Prod code (6-digit) import value ($) 01 50 010001 25 010002 10 010003 15 02 75 020001 12 020002 18 020003 20 020004 25 As you can see the 6-digit product codes are a dissaggregated from the 2-digit codes. That is if you sum the value of the 6-digits imports it will equal the value of the 2-digits imports. So for product 01 = $50 = 010001 +010002+010003=50. The same occurs for product 02 and so in for my real data set. N...

Digitally signature
Hi We have an excel spreadsheat that different people fill out. Is it possible for every person to digitally sign the excel spread sheet when they have filled out the excel spreadsheet?? Regards Morten ...

signatures question
Hello all, If you have 1 user who is bob@company.com and sales@company.com and he can reply from both addresses from the same outlook account (as both go to the same email inbox) how do you setup different signatures so one signature displays "bob" the other "sales" depending on who your sending the mail from. Thanks in advance for any help ross malyon <ross.malyon@selectec...co.uk> wrote: > If you have 1 user who is bob@company.com and sales@company.com and > he can reply from both addresses from the same outlook account (as > both go to the same ...

Digital Signature
I am trying to apply a digital signature to my XLS doc. I have created a couple of macros and when I go into the VB editor and go to Tools>>Digital Signature and select my Digital ID It shows [No Certificate]. I then proceed to select choose and select my Digital ID from the list. After hitting ok it will now show The VB project is currently signed as [my Digital ID] but when I exit out of the VB editor and out of excel and reopen the xls it doesn't have the digital ID attached anymore. It shows The VB project is currently signed as [no certificate] Am I missing a step he...

Using Self Certify Digital ID with Shared Files
You can use the MS Self Certification utility to create a Digital ID to share macro enabled files with other XL users, even those running at high security. Here's how: File Originator: 1. Run c:\program files\OfficeXP\Office10 \selfcert.exe (if file not found, use add/remove on MSOffice, it's in Office Tools) 2. Enter a name (eg John Doe, ACME Corp) 3. Open XL file you want to certify and open up VBE 4. Go Tools|Digital Signature 5. Click Choose 6. You should see the name of the cert that you just created on this list. Select it then click OK, then OK again 7. Save and Close fi...

Macros & digital signatures
Can anyone tell me if macros that are digitally signed would be affected if the person who signed them left a company & their network account was cancelled? Thanks, Jason ___ As I understand it, there will be a file containing the digital signature and it is not connected to the creator's network account. In any case, it's not difficult to create a new digital signature file of your own "Jason O" wrote: > Can anyone tell me if macros that are digitally signed would be affected if > the person who signed them left a company & their network account was &g...

certificates and digital signatures with 2003
if the exchange server 2003 gives out DS's or encryption to the clients, do all the oultook clients have to be 2003? or can the other clients like 2000 gain access as well? Ihope that makes sense thanks ...

How insert HTML in Signature Line?
Using Outlook 2007. Is there a way to enter HTML code directly into the signature line or do you need to use the built in Rich Text Editor in Outlook? Al Franz <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote: > Using Outlook 2007. Is there a way to enter HTML code directly into > the signature line or do you need to use the built in Rich Text > Editor in Outlook? See if this helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Convert 8 digits to leading alpha plus 6 digits following?
I finally worked this out (I'm very much a dummy with any type o formula!) although I'm sure someone else may have a better solution. I'll post the IF statement here in case someone else is attempting similar exercise and they may be able to adapt this. My 8 digit number appear in Column F and start in Row 2: =IF(LEFT(F2,1)="1","a"&MID(F2,2,6),IF(LEFT(F2,1)="2","b"&MID(F2,2,6),IF(LEFT(F2,1)="3","c"&MID(F2,2,6),IF(LEFT(F2,1)="4","d"&MID(F2,2,6),IF(LEFT(F2,1)="5","e"...

separating multiples digit in a cell into individual cell
I have a series of number sets. When I copied from the MS Word and pasted them into Excel, all of the numbers in the set are pasted into one cell. I need those numbers to be in an individual cell. How do I do it? I think MS Excel 2003 was able to do it. I currently have Excel 2007. Please help. Thank you very much. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice A Wrapper for the Dispatcher class of Threading Namespace to manage thread items http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/bce7889e-d2cf-42b8-a6af-2f01a383cff6/a-wrapper-for-the-dispatc.aspx Hi, You may use Data >...

Losing last digit on 16 digit number
I am importing a figure of 16 digits into an excel file e.g. 4000000000000002 but it is showing as 4000000000000000 Is there a way to stop this happening? -- davee10 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ davee10's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27956 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=474577 On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 05:57:20 -0500, davee10 <davee10.1wmt6a_1128855900.7498@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > >I am importing a figure of 16 digits into an excel file e.g. >4...

inserting a signature
My "insert signature" button on toolbar is not open - I cannot click on it and therefore cannot insert a signature - help please! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0073_01CA87ED.D51C21B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable do believe you have to create and define a signature before the button = lights up. mikeyhsd@hotmail.com "Lindie" <Lindie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:DAEBD0AD-0997-40A3-A603-6CB171469E29@microsoft.com... M...

Cannot get a certificate for obtaining a digital ID with OutLook Express 2002
I go to the menu: -Tools -Options... -Security -Get Digital ID... -Internet Explorer opens a page,this is http://www.microsoft.com/ie_intl/fr/ie40/oe/certpage.htm but upper this it is written: "We're sorry, but there is no Microsoft.com Web page matching your entry. It is possible that you typed the address incorrectly, or that the page no longer exists. You may wish to try another entry or to use the links below, which we hope will help provide you with the information you need." and then -what do I do to have a certificate for a Digital ID? -It is not my entry, it ...

Digital copy of movie
I purchased a movie that had a digital copy. I authorized and downloaded it to my computer. It download a wmv file. When I load it into the Windows Media Player I get an error and I click on Web help and it gives me an error code C00D11B1 and suggests I check my sound devices for updated drivers. When I do they are all up to date. Other wmv files play fine. My operating system is Vista 64 bit. Please any help is appreciated. ...

Digital signature in Excel 2000
When trying to sign a macro project (with a valid certificate), I receive the following error message: "There was a problem with the digital certificate. The VBA project could not be signed. The signature will be discarded." I have created several other certificates using SelfCert but the problem persist. Any help? Thanks for you help! ...

XL 2k
In Excel 2000 numbers in having over 15 digits in a cell results in each digit from 16 on turn into zeros (0). How can I enter numbers over 15 digits? XL only calculates to 15 digit precision! To enter numbers larger then 15 digits, that will *not* be used for calculation (credit card #'s - part #'s), you can enter an apostrophe ( ' ) first, which will not display in the cell, but will be visible in the formula bar. On a larger basis, simply *pre-format* the column to "Text". Changing the format to "Text" *after* entering the long numbers will *not* work....

Problem about digital Sign On Window X64 OS
Hi: I have a question need your help,Now, We already made a driver(include SYS,INF) The driver run well on Windows 32bit OS(Window2000~WIndow7). But IT can not be loaded on WinX64 OS.The device Manager always show that there are no Digitally Signed at Digital Signer. When i switch system work mode to disable enforcement digital signed Check mode,The Driver work well. SO i bought a signature from VerSign, Use SignTool to make digital signature on SYS file. SYS file can be seen that there is a correct signature. But I put the new SYS into Drivers directory. restart OS The devi...

Digital Signatures
Hello. I have created several VB Editor macros to run in my excel files. Many people who I sent the project to have trouble using the files I have created after I have sent it to them. I have been doing much reading on this subject and have discovered that I may need a digital signature to enable my projects as a trusted source. Problem is, in my searches, I am finding that this is an expensive endevour. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a digital signature to enable my excel 2003 vba projects to be enabled as a trusted source without it costing me lots of money? Using sel...

Signatures Question #2
I have created a signature, but would like for it to stay at the top of the email body rather than at the bottom. It seems to insert 2 'carriage returns' above my signature, so when I create a new email, I have to delete them and put a couple beneath it. Does anyone know how I fix this? --Jim Spike9458 <bmcsretired@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have created a signature, but would like for it to stay at the top > of the email body rather than at the bottom. It seems to insert 2 > 'carriage returns' above my signature, so when I create a new email, > I have t...

Outlook 2000 SP3 (Digital ID can not be found) after renew certificate (Digital ID) with the same key Pair!
Hello , I have renewed my certificate keeping my keys the same , outlook is now not able to decrypt my encrypted Mails and i get the Message Digital ID can not be found ! is that normal ? How outlook check the DIGITAL ID ? is that means the Private key of certificate(same) ? public key(same) ? or key Pair(same) ? or fingerprint(not same) or serial number of certificate(not same)? Thanx Saleh Matani ...

Digital Signatures on referenced mda
I have an Access 2003 mdb that I have digitally signed. For the most part, my users have elected to accept my digital signature to avoid the Office security popup that shows up when you open Access, and this has worked well. I recently created an mda file that I intended to use as an add-in in my application. I couldn't figure out how to set it up so it could be added using the add-in wizard; so I added it to my application as a reference, which is working fine. This mda file is also digitally signed, and opens without the security message when I open it on its own. However, whe...

Significant digits
This may be in a FAQ somewhere, but I'm not even sure how to search for it. It's not really about significant digits, but the subject line's got to say something. If anyone's interested, see if you can reproduce the following results in Excel. I'm using Excel 2003 SP3. 1. In cell A1, type: =1.1-0.9 I should get a 0.2, and I do. 2. In cell A2, type: 0.2 (It doesn't really matter if you type the leading zero; it'll get added. The two cells should look identical, right?) 3. In cell B1, type: =IF(A1=A2,"Equal","No&quo...

Converting digits to characters (123 to ABC)
Hello Experts, At my shop I'm printing product labels from an Excel sheet. I'd like to add the cost field to the label but the problem everybody would be able to know my cost for an item unless I encode it, so I thought of converting numbers to characters for example: 0 = Z 1 = A 2 = B 3 = C 4 = D So, if the cost of an Item is 322.04 the field would show CBB.ZD Any thoughts? Thanks in advance Hmm, one problem with encoding is to obscure the value, so guessing the real value isn't easy and nonetheless make it siple for YOU to read the real value. Jus...

Signature replication
I seem to be having a problem getting my Signature to update properly. Using Outlook 2000 and connecting to Exchange, I have set the signature up, and want to change it slightly. However, upon logging off windows (NT4) and logging back on, both on the same PC and different ones, I find that the signature has reverted back to the old one. Also, deleting it completely does not affect it upon logging back on. Anyone know what might be causing this? ...