Deposit slip?

I want to print deposit slips from a spreadsheet. I don't find any
templates or samples. I can make my own except for the special font
and machine codes that the bank and account number are printed in.
Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks
0
njem
12/31/2008 3:37:49 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Google sez
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bank+check+font+&aq=f&oq=

njem wrote:
> I want to print deposit slips from a spreadsheet. I don't find any
> templates or samples. I can make my own except for the special font
> and machine codes that the bank and account number are printed in.
> Anybody know how to do this?
>
> Thanks

0
birelan (531)
12/31/2008 3:56:33 PM
> Google sezhttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bank+check+font+&aq=f&oq=

Thanks. I'll take that as, no there aren't any templates or examples.
In which case I'll make my own and try some of these fonts.
0
njem
12/31/2008 4:44:40 PM
On Dec 31, 8:44=A0am, njem <n...@q.com> wrote:
> > Google sezhttp://www.google.com/search?hl=3Den&q=3Dbank+check+font+&aq=
=3Df&oq=3D

> Thanks. I'll take that as, no there aren't any templates or examples.
> In which case I'll make my own and try some of these fonts.

Check with your bank as well. You may need a special magnetic laser
ink to print these. We started printing our own cheques from blank
stock and had to move to that ink as all cheques were rejected by
automatic processing means and had to be hand done (e.g. many more
mistakes). The entire form doesn't have to be done in the magnetic
ink, just the routing, branch and account numbers in the MICR line.

BTW, this is Canadian banking info, but should apply across the border.
0
google5299 (29)
12/31/2008 4:59:31 PM

njem wrote:

>>Google sezhttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bank+check+font+&aq=f&oq=
>

> Thanks. I'll take that as, no there aren't any templates or examples.
> In which case I'll make my own and try some of these fonts.

This is a news group. You may search for templates if you wish.

0
birelan (531)
12/31/2008 5:19:11 PM
> Check with your bank as well. You may need a special magnetic laser

Yes, as I looked into these fonts there's a lot about using magnetic
ink. Maybe that's why printing deposit slips is not common. I can
print them with any old font and let the bank deal with it manually
(as when you fill in your account on a counter slip) or buy preprinted
ones and see if the run thru my printer correctly.
0
njem
12/31/2008 5:54:01 PM
> This is a news group. You may search for templates if you wish.

That's what brought me to asking the question. I searched in news
groups and online generally for samples or templates and don't find
any except as a function of a whole banking program. Thus the
question. I have enough info now to sort out one solution or another.
0
njem

Safety Deposit
Good morning / Afternoon all Here is the scenario: In december we received an invoice for rent for $8,000, and a Safety Deposit Note for $8,000 my AP clerk registered the Safety Deposit Note as an invoice in order to create a check from AP module i need to mention that this company uses multicurrency and Dollars are not the Functional Currency (that's why she couldn't create a miscellaneous check in the first place). Now we receive another invoice for rent for $8,000 that its going to be paid with the deposit. My AP clerk registered the Invoice on the module. Right now on GL we don&#...

401k cash payments Vs. Deposits
If anyone can help. I have a 401k that I'm tracking. When I look at the total value, it is much less then it should be. The cash that I put into the account is being downloaded and put in as a payment not as a deposit which makes my cash input look like a negative. You would think it would add up to the whole total of the account, not as a seperate item and in a negative amount. Can anyone tell why it does this and how maybe to fix it. Thanks I'm not sure you provide enough information to tell what's happening. In particular, it's not clear to me what you mean when you...

Match deposits by amount?
When reconciling a bank statement, this messages pops up: "Are you sure you want to match deposits by amount within the eight day grace period? Yes or No" This is only occurring in one of many companies. Does anyone happen to know what this means or why it is activating in this one company? Thanks! I would like to know the answer to this question as well. If you click "no" it gives you the option to change the number of days. However, I'm not really sure what I'm changing. -- Jeff Bingham Accountant "danrose03" wrote: > When reconciling ...

How do I enter a deposit that is not a recurring deposit?
How do I enter a deposit that is not a recurring deposit? If it's a one-time deposit, enter it directly into the register. You can also set it up like you would a recurring deposit and indicate that it only happens once. "Don Stowell" <dnsworld@gpoffice.com> wrote in message news:u9qnwmrhDHA.2408@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do I enter a deposit that is not a recurring deposit? > > ...

Bank Transactions not available for deposit in the Bank Deposits Window
We are on GP 10.00.1757 and are having issues with bank transactions not being visible in the Bank Deposits Window. In the current scenario three transactions were entered in the bank transactions window. When I attempt to make the deposit in the Bank Deposits window for the appropriate checking account only one of the three transactions is available to deposit. All three transactions are posted to the GL and are visible in the Financial Summary Inquiry window as a debit to the correct bank account as well as a credit in the corresponding account. Why would these bank transactions not show...

editing budgets from a managed scheduled deposit
I have added my salary into the 'managed scheduled deposit' section giving details as 'every other week'. The budget, however, under the heading of 'review your current budget status' shows double the actuals amount. (That is the budget shows an incorrect amount compared to the actuals forecasted in the scheduled deposit page). If I select "Wages and Salary : Gross Pay" and click on 'edit item' at the bottom of the page, the pop-up window asks me what to edit. When I click on the the down arrow, the salary account shows three transaction re...

Deposit slip?
I want to print deposit slips from a spreadsheet. I don't find any templates or samples. I can make my own except for the special font and machine codes that the bank and account number are printed in. Anybody know how to do this? Thanks Google sez http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bank+check+font+&aq=f&oq= njem wrote: > I want to print deposit slips from a spreadsheet. I don't find any > templates or samples. I can make my own except for the special font > and machine codes that the bank and account number are printed in. > Anybody know how to do this? &g...

Match Multiple Deposits to one Recurning Deposit???
I have set up a Recuring Deposit for what my roomate pays me for rent. It is setup as a manual deposit, fixed amount, and to be automatically added to my register. She has a tendency to pay me from two seperate accounts -- (1) a check, which I deposit into checking account (2) a direct transer from her checking to my checkking account The amounts change from month to month with regards to what she pays by check and transfers directly into my checking account. Is there a way to match up the 2 payments/deposits to my recurring deposit? ...

Direct deposit deductions
I am having deductions direct deposited to the vendors checking account. Unfortunetly the deduction amount does not role into the check reconciliation. I have to do a manual adjustment for each payperiod for the deduction amount that came out of our checking account. This appears to be a simple programming issue. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggest...

can't change/delete bills and deposits
suddenly one day i realized that when i tried to change a bill, i could click "ok" but nothing would happen. I thought it was because i upgraded to 2004, so i deleted the bills and rescheduled. about 5 of the bills will not delete either. the error message is: "Money could not write to your Money file. The operation could not be performed or another application finished this task before you. Please try again." Now some of the newly scheduled bills will not allow me to change the properties, i click ok but nothing happens when i edit the series. I have repaired ...

Bank Deposit Entry Timeout
I have greater than 1 million bank deposit entry transactions that need to be posted in the Bank Deposit Entry window. This is due to the way that the GP-RMS integration imports individual receipts from RMS into GP. The system locks up or times out everytime I attempt to process anything in the Bank Deposit Entry window. I have tried 1) Marking All and letting it run, but it locks up 2) Filtering the deposits by date for only 1 day, and it appears to work, then I select "Mark All" and it locks up I dont know any other solution to getting these deposits posted. Ha...

Recurring Deposits Help
I have a recurring deposit of a paycheck that will be a certain amount for the next 3 months, until the end of the year. Next year, 2005, since my paycheck will be a different amount, I entered another recurring deposit to start from January 2005 for a monthly frequency. Here is the problem: When I go into the Budget feature in Money 2004, the income section shows two income streams. One for the current recurring deposit until the end of 2004 and the other one I set to start in January 2005 which throws off the income amount that I have to spend. It says that I have way more incom...

Automatic Deposits
I have a recurring deposit set up in the bills and deposits for my weekly paycheck. I have it as an estimate though because it is different every week. My bank also allows me to download statements so when I run Money, it downloads the statement and finds that paycheck deposit in there and adds it to the register. Is there a way that it can recognize it as the same scheduled deposit in the bills and deposits section? After it adds it, that scheduled deposit is still there. Select the paycheck deposit that came from the download and click on the change button. You should then be ...

Bills and Deposits
I had to reload Money after a cleaning up from a virus attack on my PC. I saved my mny file and opened MOney with it. Everything works except I can't access Bills and Deposits. Money returns "Money doesn't know which place to load. Any idea how to fix that without losing the account list info? If you've reinstalled Money, then you may need to ensure you have the latest updates to IE (or perhaps run a repair on IE). -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for M...

EFT for Receivables Management should make 1 bank deposit.
Currently, when applying cash receipts using the EFT enhancement, a deposit is created for each payment. This makes reconcilation of bank statements more challenging, since banks will have only one lump sum deposit. To facilitate the reconciliation process, EFT payments in a batch should be deposited in total rather than by transaction. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this l...

Certificate of Deposit?
When I download a position from Fidelity, it seems to treat my CD as if it were a bond. It even has a CUSIP number but when it matches in my Portfolio it has a price of 0 with the number of shares (apparently at $1 each) equalling 0 in value. Obviously, it should be $1 per share value. Should I change the investment type to bond even though it is a CD since it has a CUSIP and I need it to reflect accurately the value? In microsoft.public.money, SteveC wrote: >When I download a position from Fidelity, it seems to treat my CD as if it >were a bond. It even has a CUSIP number...

deposit slips
do any of the money products support filling out and printing of deposit slip? check in the HELP button for this. with direct deposit these days what is a deposit slip. >-----Original Message----- >do any of the money products support filling out and >printing of deposit slip? >. > ...

Major problem with altering splits when paying bills or making deposits in MSM 2004
Just found a major problem in making payments after altering splits in Money 2004. I have setup template payments on my payment schedule for thinks like my phone bill. The splits are used to cover business calls made from home by client. They are entered in the template for $0 and $1 is entered for my home phone portion. When I pay the bill online I adjust the splits to reflect the actual bill amounts. Today when I was trying to do a quarterly expense report for my business calls I ran my usual report and it came up with no calls (knew that was wrong). I did some research and found that when t...

Deposits
What is the best way to process a deposit on a sales invoice or work order? I have noticed that when we receive a deposit that it doesn't show up. What the user has been doing is entering it as a negative sale. Let's say I have a 20% required deposit on a work order but I know that only part of the order has been entered. The customer gives me $200 on a $500 work order and the required deposit is only $100. RMS wants to refund the customer...I do not. This happens regularly and I can't keep changing the percentage. Is there any way to work around this issue? -- Zuni...

Deposit problem
I have deposit in a system, it is showing 30k. (Banking -> Checkbook register) If I go to this deposit and calculate all checks it is only 29k. I did all reconcilation, check links and so on... Nothing... Any ideas? Vitali Try deleting the Deposit and create it again or if you try to unmark all the cash transactions in the deposit there might be remaining amounts in there even if all transactions are unmark. That means that the total is not updated correctly. if that is the case delete the deposit and create a new one. "Vitali V" wrote: > > I have deposit...

Money 2004 Bills & Deposits
In Money 2001 when I setup an automatic deposit series, I saw all upcoming deposits in the bills and deposits window. I am unable to do this with Money 2004. How do I view all upcoming deposits in a deposit series in the Bills & Deposits window with Money 2004? Thanks. Forecast Cash Flow. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=34. "Bones" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074d01c4831d$620cc1f0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > In Money 2001 when I setup an automatic deposit series, I > saw all upcoming deposits in the bills and deposits > windo...

Deposits
Hi, We are transfering monies from one business to another. The "Paying" company wrote the check w/a disburstment as commissions paid. The receiving company, is the question, how does the money get received into its system? -- P McCarthy You mean what type of transaction? If you're using Bank Rec, enter a Bank Transaction with Option: Enter Receipt. If that's not what you're asking, can you please give a little bit more detail? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoria...

direct deposit into muliple accounts
I have my direct deposit separated into multiple accounts. How can I reflect that in Money? First an assumption: the accounts in question are all in Money. Put Transfer:[name of other Money acct] transactions on the After Tax tab. Say your net income is $1,500 and you split it into $1,350 to "Checking" and $50 to "Savings" and $100 to your "Vacation Home Savings" account. Put a paycheck transaction with a total amount of $1,350 in your "Checking" account. On its after tax tab, add two lines: $50 Transfer:Savings $100 Transfer:Vacation Home Savin...

How to print deposit ticket
I ordered deposit tickets from deluxe Checks and there were no instructions. Does anyone know how to print deposit tickets/slips from Money 2003. Len By pen? Seriously, there is no way to print them from Money that I'm aware of--I think they were just trying to be helpful by including them. Probably expen$ive, as well. "LPMastro" <len@zitrinmastro.com> wrote in message news:042601c499fd$ad8bc350$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I ordered deposit tickets from deluxe Checks and there > were no instructions. Does anyone know how to print > deposit tickets/slips from Mo...

bank deposit screen optional
I have a client that would like to have it optional to use the bank deposit entry screen. They would like to see a set up option that would allow posting of the RM Cash Receipts batch total direct to bank rec. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...