Dependent List - Data Validation

I have three dependent lists.  The lists are working just fine.

List 1      List 2         List 3

If, after selecting an item in each list, you go back and change and item,
the dependent lists do not update.  Also, if you delete a selected item, the
other lists do not update.

I used =INDIRECT(SUBSTITUTE(D2," ",""))

Any suggestions?

thanks.
0
Toni1 (87)
2/6/2007 10:35:01 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Toni,

Here is a good site for dependant drop downs.

I think I understand what you are shooting at.

You select Fruit from 1, and Apples from 2 and Granny Smith from 3.

Now you select Vegetables from 1, and 2 still says Apples and 3 still says
Granny Smith.

If that is the problem, then you may want to use a Change Event Macro to
clear the 2nd and 3rd data validation cells when the 1 cell is reselected.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Toni" <Toni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have three dependent lists.  The lists are working just fine.
>
> List 1      List 2         List 3
>
> If, after selecting an item in each list, you go back and change and item,
> the dependent lists do not update.  Also, if you delete a selected item,
> the
> other lists do not update.
>
> I used =INDIRECT(SUBSTITUTE(D2," ",""))
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> thanks.

0
lhkittle (223)

Department and Category List
Is there a way to export the department & category list? I made the list after importing my items, and now I want to add the dept & cat's to my items. Any suggestions? Thanks, but where do I find the attachment?? "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote: > I've attached a report that will list Departments and Categories. You can > export this to Excel just like any other report. Not sure if this is really > what you were asking for, but hope it helps. > > You need to use a newsreader like Outlook Express to see attachments. > Please see o...

IF function that depends on a date
In cell A1 I have a date. The date is not in text form but is formatted as a date. If the date is 7/4/04, I want cell B1 to say "The Fourth". If A1 is not 7/4/04, cell B1 should read "No holiday". How can I do this? Pointer, try this in B1 =IF(A1=DATEVALUE("07/04/2004"),"The Fourth","No holiday") -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to...

contact list #16
how do I associate an imported contact list to the 'To..', Cc.." buttons? When I try to access my contacts from there I get a message: The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this adddress list could not be opened:........ Thanks Hi Robert, have a look on this site, it may help: "Search The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook...

Personal Distribution Lists
Is there a way to show the name of the distribution list in the 'To' field without showing the names? I know you can put the individual names in the bcc area, but I would like for the name of the list to display. Thank you! No, this can only be done with mail enabled distribution lists which need to be server side. For a detailed explanation about the differences between the two and solutions see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/273 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowT...

Lost Recent Documents List
Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix this? SeattleMike56 wrote: > Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office > applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix > this? You haven't said the version of your Office but assuming you are using Office 2007, then open Word 2007 and try this: 1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options. 2. Click ...

List Validation
I was wondering if there was anyway you can have a drop down list in one workbook that comes from a different workbook. Example: I have a workbook saved with a list of names and I want to have that list of names come up in a form that I have saved in another workbook. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html note that the other workbook needs to be open -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "Renee" <...

ALT+F8 macro list without showing "Personal.xlsm!" for every macro?
Is there a setting somewhere that will allow me to call up my list of macros with ALT+F8 and _not_ have "Personal.xlsm!" show in fornt of every one of them? It would make things just a bit easier if I could call up the list and begin typing the macro name and have the list find it for me. Ed ...

Distribution List Help
Hi, We are using Exchange 5.5. We have a distribution list called "jobs@xyz.com". E-mail address is available on our company website. Now, we are planning to change this address to something else. We want to send an auto-reply to all e-mails coming on "jobs@xyz.com" saying that "Please visit our website to find new e-mail address and re-send the message". One reason to do this way is, we want to stop spam e-mails coming on this address but we really want to get good e-mails. I hope I have made my case clear enogh. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Kirtan...

Drop Down Lists #5
I have created two columns, one that has a criteria and another that has the criterias cost. The criteria has about 200 rows of data that is all mixed up. Can I create a drop down list so I can chose one criteria and this then shows the total cost for all of that criteria added up. The column for the criteria has about 20 parts all with a costing, but i need to abe able to select one criteria and be able to add up all of its costing, taken from many cells in one column. How can I do this? Yes, just create a formula that picks up the selected value and sums from the two columns =SUMI...

users on a list
Hello everyone I need to send an excel sheet with the name and e-mail address of the members of an Exchange List. How can I do that? Using Exchange 2000 sp3 on a Windows 2000 sp4 box. Thanks in advance. David David, If I understand the question correctly, you need to know how you can obtain a list of users and their email addresses so that you can create a spreadsheet with that information. I am not a VB scripter so here are some alternatives. You can easily obtain this information using LDIFDE see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com: 80/support/kb...

My list stops when I hit enter
I have created a new multilevel list in Microsoft Word in order to properly connect my formatted styles with specific bullet point levels, something which I can't seem to accomplish using bullet points. But unlike bullet points, when I'm making a list and I hit enter, the list stops and I have to manually turn on the list again. This is incredibly frustrating and, quite frankly, non-sensical, so I'd appreciate any help. Go to the Modify Style dialog for this particular style and change the "Style for following paragraph" to the same style. You don't m...

best practices smart list mod
Since I didn't get an answer to my question yesterday, I'll try this one: If you don't want all users to have a modification, should you first add the smartlist lookup to modifier before you add it to vba? Then change the vba property to emmodified only? Hai Datawiz1, Whats your goal to achieve? what is that you are trying to modify in lookup / Smart list. Akram. "datawiz1" wrote: > Since I didn't get an answer to my question yesterday, I'll try this one: > > If you don't want all users to have a modification, should you first add the ...

Drop Down List Dependencies
I have a combo-box drop down list from which the user can select from list of programmes: AAAA BBBB CCCC DDDD Each programme is made up of a variety of projects which I want anothe combo-box input range to restrict itself to, eg Selecting AAAA in combo box 1 will only allow selection of th following projects, each of which is part of the AAAA programme: aaaaaa abbbbb acccccc addddd aeeeee afffffffff Not sure how to do this - would appreciate some help. Thanks : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- Regards Frank Ka...

Mailbox listing below Public Folders in list
We have an issue where users with first names starting after "PU" are showing their mailbox listing below the Public Folders structure in Outlook 2000. I have looked for any clues and have come up with nothing. Nothing new on the Exchange side of things. Removing and recreating the Outlook profile only works once - once you log out of Outlook - it goes back to the way it was. Anyone have any insight into this? Thank you. Hmmm - that does indeed sound strange. The mailbox is always on top in the folder view list, in my experience, no matter what. I'll try looking into ...

Creating Outlook Distribution List
I have an Excel worksheet with over 500 e-mail addresses in one column. How can I use this to create an Outlook distribution list (besides copy/paste each one)? Thanks for any assistance! -- Ed Kura File-->Import from your Outlook menu, Ed. This isn't done FROM Excel, it's done from Outlook. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Ed Kura" <EdKura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47AC8793-8CF7-481C-8673-FB50F36216E6@microsoft.com... > I have an Excel worksheet with over 500 e-mail addresses in one column. How > can I u...

Dependents
I have a cell that has various dependents on DIFFERENT sheets and workbooks. How through VBA do I find all the dependents addresses and is there an existign function to do this. Range.Dependents only refers to the existing sheet. Can this also work for precedents? ...

List or Edit Box int display ?
Could anyone briefly describe how to display integers in a List Box or Edit Box. I am just writing an example program to output the results of adding 1 or 2 to a number and displaying this result. And there should be more than one of these results on each line (at least five), then a new line would be started. And this will continue line by line until it would necessary to use the scroll. A simple explanation and any code of this would really be appreciated. You can use CString::Format() to convert them to strings before adding them to the ListBox. Tom "cdg" <any...

Exporting Distribution List Info
How can I copy and paste or export the data that is in a distribution list? I'd like to be able to email the list that include the actual addresses to people for revision reviews. I have a machine with Outlook 2002 and another with 2003. Thanks! Are you emailing these to other users of Outlook? If so, attach them as an Outlook Item to a message in RTF format. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Leigh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:097001c4aafc$82e51bf0$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > How can I copy and paste or export the data that is in a > d...

Dependant dropdown
I have a dropdown that list countrys and would like a second dropdown populated with citys depending on the country chosen. I cannot find a tutorial anywhere? Any help appreciated. Thanks F Assuming you are using validation http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Fishy" <fishyfishface2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:sXt4f.198595$0b3.189096@fe09.news.easynews.com... >I have a dropdown that list countrys and would like a second dropdown > populated with citys depending on the country chosen. I cann...

list of installed objects
Hello, Where sould I look for information related with Instealled Ole Controls on the PC? I need to get a list of all objects registered in the system. Thanks a lot, Bastian ...

conditionally formatted list
I have a conditionally formatted list of dates in red & green fonts, is it possible to show the green font cells as a percentage of the whole list? thanks rslc Use COUNTIF to obtain the count of green font cells. That is, use the same condition as in your Conditional Formatting criteria for green font. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "rslc" <russ_lc@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message news:u4qd%23I...

Recently Used Fonts List
In Publisher 2003 how do I remove the recently used fonts list? I know how to remove it in Word 2003 using the Registry Editor, but since there in not an Options folder in Publisher, I'm not sure where to add the NoFontMRUList String Value. Why the need? The recently used fonts will not be listed when you open Publisher the next time. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Amandar097" <Amandar097@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25FB298C-9615-465E-9586-1E0F03E12ECF@microsoft.com... > In Publisher 2003 how do I remove the recently used fonts list...

Save window folder list
When saving an excel document (excel 2000) the "save as" window opens up and contains five shortcut buttons on the left side. These are "history, my documents, network places, desktop and favorites". Is there a way of changing the shortcut buttons to different folders??? Also when I try to save an attached excel file from an email it lists "OLK3" as the default save in folder. Can I change the default "save in" folder?? Thanks for your help. Gerry XL2002...don't know about 2000......may be the same. File>Open. In the Look in: box, browse t...

Membership List
When text wrapping addresses, phone #'s in a cell, looks right in print preview, then prints data out of order. Thanks in advance. To help give guidance, give an example (e.g. is the address and phone # in the same cell, what do you mean by 'out of order' ?) "Marge at large" wrote: > When text wrapping addresses, phone #'s in a cell, looks right in print > preview, then prints data out of order. > > Thanks in advance. phone numbers text wrapped in one cell as; 808-222-4444, (centered in cell) ...

External Dependencies
How to add external dependencies to any project? I want to add a .h header file in this external dependencies AFAIK, external dependencies do not exist in VS7.x. It existed in VC++6 though. Even in that, I dont think you could change the entries in that list. It was generated internally(This is how I viewed it). -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Manoj" <cmanoj@stellarinfo.com> wrote in message news:O$wWIid#DHA.1636@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... | How to add external dependencies to any project? | I want to add a .h header file in this external dependencies | | ...