I have a column with percentages.
The top number is based on the SUM
of the lower column cells. I have,

=SUM(1-F5-F6-F7)
10.00%
9.75%
0.50%

For example, I want to delete the row
containing 10.00% and have the calculation
still be correct, but I get a #REF error.
Is there some way to do this without getting
the error.
0
gianni1 (16)
10/25/2010 1:19:10 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

hello,

Try this: =1-SUM(F5:F7)

0
Please9856 (13)
10/25/2010 3:11:28 AM
Charabeuh wrote:
> hello,
>
> Try this: =1-SUM(F5:F7)

Yes,

Very nice.

Thank you
0
gianni1 (16)

Pivot Table row comparison
I'm trying to compare an old customer schedule with their new schedule and highlight the changes with colour or by hiding a row. My pivot table looks like this Prod Sched wk1 wk2 wk3 A old 3 2 3 A new 3 4 3 B old 2 2 2 B new 2 2 2 So in the above example I'd like to colour the cells for wk2- Product A in yellow, and hide the product B rows as there has been no change in demand. Can someone give me some advice about how to do this Thanks for your help Ross How about an alternative??? Your raw data looks kind of like this: Prod Sched wk# qty...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Error 8004000
I am constantly getting "Error 8004000" Line 40 Char1 expected statement with my script and can't figure out why. 'Logging Option Explicit 'Declarations Const LOGFILE = "c:\SysAd Tools\Logs\UA.log" Const ForReading = 1 Const ForWriting = 2 Const ForAppending = 8 'Open and write to the end of log Dim ComputerName Dim oFSO Dim strComputer Dim strComputerName Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002 Dim WshShell Dim oReg Dim strKeyPath Dim subkey Dim arrSubKeys strComputer = "." Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FIleSyst...

Cannot delete subreport

Getting an error in my xml schema editor code.
Hi, I have an xsd file like this. <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="generic" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="generic"> <xsd:element name="bookstore" type="bookstoreType"/> <xsd:complexType name="bookstoreType"> <xsd:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:element name="book" type="bookType"/> </xsd:sequence> </xsd:complexType> <xsd:complexType name="bookType&q...

Rule for Deleted Items

I need to show the last number in a rows in the total pending row
I have a column where I list pending cases each month and I need to show the last number in the total pending cell at the bottom of the row. I can use an offset fomula which works if the pending cases begin in row 1. However, I am not able to get it to work if the pending cases begin in rows 4 or 5 as an example. Any suggestion? Rows don't have a bottom.............guess you meant Column. Last number in column A =LOOKUP(99^99,A:A) Last anything in column A =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<>""),A1:A65535) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:30:08 -0800, Jen S ...

number of rows #2
I used autoformat so that my rows would alternate colors. But, it added a bunch of empty rows so that the sheet is maxed out and my file is huge. I don't need all those empty rows and I can't find a way to delete them. Any suggestions for how to get rid of the rows, or limit the number of rows on a worksheet? I know I could copy all the data to a new worksheet, but I'd like a better solution. Try this: click on the number of the first empty row, so the whole row is selected. Using the vertical scrollbar, go to the last row on the sheet. Hold down the shift key while you cli...

Unknow dictionary error
Monday morn Last night I copied the server's "shared documents" folder to another disk in the server. And shared it as "Shared Documents." This morning, from the GP's client computer, the "Unkown Dictionary" error message is display when attempting to log in. I moved the MSBS folder back to the original location, shared the original "Shared Documents" folder as "Shared Documents" and provided sharing permissions. The security permissions had not changed. I have rebooted the client machine. Still the error is displayed. Guidan...

Exchange Restore Error
I'm in the process of performing some disaster recovery testing and I've run into a problem with restoring our site's Exchange 2003 servers. I first restored the system Windows 2003 Server server, and then the Exchange Server storage groups, ensuring the "Last Restore Set" and "Mount Database After Restore" options were checked. The NTBackup portion of the Exchange restore completed without errors, but the mailbox and public folder stores won't mount. The Event Log reports a "ESE BACKUP event 903" error with the text "Information Sto...

Delete macros

Locate a specific row or column
Hi all, Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to dray the scroll bar? Clara thank you so much for your help In VBA code, you can use: Range("D100").Activate ' Or Range("D1:D100").Select ' Depending on if you want only one cell highlighted or a range of cells. -- Best wishes, Jim "clara" wrote: > Hi all, > > Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to > dray the scroll bar? > > Clara > > thank you so much for your help Hi Clara Have you tried goto in the Ed...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Run time Error '1004
I have a macro to run right before the workbook closes. It is as follows: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.ShowAllData ActiveWorkbook.Save End Sub The top row has the autofilter on. If the data is not filtered then when the macro runs it throws a Run Time Error '1004'. If it is filtered the Macro runs fine. I can't seems to find the right code to get the macro to end if it errors out. I think it would be an if then statement but my coding skills aren't quite up the par. Any help would be great. Thanks in adva...

How to delete chart

error on save with Access 2002
Access cannot save changes to dependant OLE object. (Direct translation of the Spanish error message) When trying to save record that has a field linked to a .pdf file. It works on Access 2K and not for Access 2K2 users Translation of error message continues: You have no permissions to write to log where object is stored or log is locked by another user Any idea how to fix this? ...

error messege
please can anyone tell me how to fix this. An error occurred trying to initialize internal data for the newsgroup 'Bulk Mail' on the account 'Hotmail'. just started since i downloaded updates. ...

Delete blank Last page

Authentication Error after CRM Rebuild
We had to rebuild our CRM 3.0 server, and after installing SQL 2005 & CRM and restoring the databases, we are now getting an authentication error in the browser. Note that the original AD security groups in AD were accidentally deleted. Also, we tried to re-associate the databases with CRM through Deployment Manager but the Server Manager part is not displayed. We made sure we were logged in with the CRM installation credentials Any thoughts about how we can get past this? Thanks Yes, 1) Uninstall CRM 2) Run the Redeployment Wizard (on the DVD, Redeployment folder) -- this will do ...

Having trouble with extra rows at the bottom of the doc
How do I delete the extra rows at the bottom of a doc. I have inherited a document that has 60 rows of data and 3682 rows of empty cells that have the boarder set. When I select and delete them, new ones reappear. I have turned the cell boards off and it still creates empty cells with the boarder. Is there any way to delete these rows? -ken Ken, Are you selecting and then deleting and then saving? HTH, Andy Ken Excel has a habit of retaining "used" cells way beyond where you are currently working. On a worksheet hit CRTL + END to see where you wind up. If far below and...

ODBC
Hello everybody, I need access an external database via a sql statement with two parameters but my routine return run-time error -3142-; the same sql, without parameters, runs perfectly. Someone help me? Thanks in advance. My routine is : Dim conAHE As Connection, WS As Workspace, DOC As Recordset, miaQuery As QueryDef Set WS = CreateWorkspace("ODBCWorkspace", "admin", "", dbUseODBC) Set conAHE = WS.OpenConnection("AHE", dbDriverNoPrompt, True, "ODBC;DATABASE=AHE_STD;UID=sa;PWD=;DNS=AHE") Set miaQuery =...