Deleting filtered results

What am I doing wrong in Excel 2007? In prior versions, I would filter my
results, then highlighting the row numbers, I would delete those results I
didn't want. Then when I turned off the filter, I would have only the items
I wanted. In Excel 2007, when I do this, all items are deleted, even the
one's that were hidden by the filter. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dennis

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Maybe...

Deleting or modifying rows that are above and below a hidden row in a filtered
Excel 2007 worksheet also deletes or modifies the hidden row
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928974/en-us

But if you want to be careful, you should be able to select your range, then hit
F5 and select visible cells only.

Watch what happens to the selection.  Then delete those visible rows.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

> Maybe...
>
> Deleting or modifying rows that are above and below a hidden row in a
filtered
> Excel 2007 worksheet also deletes or modifies the hidden row
>
> But if you want to be careful, you should be able to select your range,
then hit
> F5 and select visible cells only.
>
> Watch what happens to the selection.  Then delete those visible rows.
>
> Dennis wrote:
> >
> > What am I doing wrong in Excel 2007? In prior versions, I would filter
my
> > results, then highlighting the row numbers, I would delete those results
> > didn't want. Then when I turned off the filter, I would have only the
items
> > I wanted. In Excel 2007, when I do this, all items are deleted, even the
> > one's that were hidden by the filter. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dennis
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
croberts (1377)
1/20/2008 5:29:11 PM
I have Excel 2007 SP1. I filtered my rows for the values I did not want.
Then I deleted those rows. After removing the filter, the unfiltered rows
were there.
Service Pack Issue?

Tyro

"Dennis" <dennis@home.net> wrote in message
> What am I doing wrong in Excel 2007? In prior versions, I would filter my
> results, then highlighting the row numbers, I would delete those results I
> didn't want. Then when I turned off the filter, I would have only the
> items I wanted. In Excel 2007, when I do this, all items are deleted, even
> the one's that were hidden by the filter. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dennis

0
Tyro (331)
1/20/2008 8:42:32 PM
There is a shortcut to highlight only visible cells

Highlight the rows to delete.

Then hold down the ALT Key and press the "; and :" key.(thats just one key
which has those 2 characters on it)

This highlights only the visible cells.

Delete the visible cells and re-show remaining data.

Hope this helps!

--
Saruman

All Outgoing Mail Scanned By Symantec Antivirus 10
"Dennis" <dennis@home.net> wrote in message
> What am I doing wrong in Excel 2007? In prior versions, I would filter my
> results, then highlighting the row numbers, I would delete those results I
> didn't want. Then when I turned off the filter, I would have only the
items
> I wanted. In Excel 2007, when I do this, all items are deleted, even the
> one's that were hidden by the filter. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dennis

0
saruman (40)

customize lookup view filters
allow modifications to lookup view filters in order to display active OR inactive records ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5f27178f-9284-4c72-afde-b388848e6c...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Junk Mail filter limit
Does anyone know the junk Email filter limit size?????? GOne Crazy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know the junk Email filter limit size?????? What do you mean by this? Are you asking if there is a message size such that the junk filter will ignore messages that exceed it? Are you asking if there is a maximum size to the words or phrases the junk filter will examine? Are you asking if the filter itself can get too large? What? -- Brian Tillman ...

Rule for Deleted Items

Intelligent Message Filter #16
Hi, Is there a way to see what email is being blocked by the Exchange 2003 Intelligent Message Filter and the Outlook Junk Mail Filter? Thanks, Dan With IMF, you can set the Gateway action to Archive, and all dropped messages above your threshold will end up in UCE Archive folder in mailroot. Those that make past it but do not meet the Store threshold will end up in users' Junk Mail folders. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Dan B" <none@none.com> wrot...

Delete macros

Filter issues, please help!
Hello All, I have a filter that runs once the combo box is updated. I get the message No FIlter but the filter itself does not work. Can someone tell me what I am missing. Oh, when you open the form it is not filtered. Thanks for any and all help... Gina Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me!cboListTypeID.RowSource = "SELECT tblListingType.ltListingTypeID, tblListingType.ltListingTypeName FROM tblListingType WHERE (((tblListingType.ltListingTypeID)=""A"" Or (tblListingType.ltListingTypeID)=""M""));" Sub cboListTypeID_AfterUpdate() &...

Re: Ranking my results in a query to get the TOP#10 percent
Hello, I have created several queries and now I would like to rank my result to only get the TOP 10 percent. Could you please assist me with an Access SQL statement that can accomplish this? Thanks, TL SELECT TOP 10 PERCENT * FROM somewhere ORDER BY someExpression It is not a 'rank' in itself, though, just a pick of the 'top most'. Light difference between the two expressions, but it probably does not matter... :-) Vanderghast, Access MVP "TL" <TL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6549C8D-9FDC-4568-B73F-434BAF601BD7@mi...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Direct show video effect filters
I want to make a application in which i can adjust the color,brightness,hue saturation of a video(avi) file and also crop the required area within the video and then save that cropped video to a file. I am using directshow filters for this purpose.Any help in this regard will be helpful. Hi Goru, check out the fddshwo and its "tryouts". They are very powerfull filters available for video pre- and postprocessing, including your avi demand (where you should know that avi is no real format, its a container!) [fddshow] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ffdshow See the page bottom for mor...

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Printing only filtered data in a form
Hi all- I'm of new to Access 2007. I have created a form and a report. Is it possible to have the user use the built in filter Access provides and click the report button and print only that data. Each time I open the form different data will need to be selected by the user. For a simple filter, you can just use the form's Filter string as the WhereCondition for OpenReport. This example assumes a command button named cmdPreview, that is to open Report1 filtered the same way as the form: Private Sub cmdPreview_Click() Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty The...

Deleting an email

#Deleted

outlook deletes inbox mail
On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other applications have been open, without my prompting it to do so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.C. Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook Express and you search your drive (use advanced option for hidden f...

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

Can I recover deleted archived .pst files?
I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover them, is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. Sue State your Outlook version and information store. State how you deleted the files. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "royalpei" <royalpei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8236C3C-C139-4B03-B2ED-5B135DE9DCC1@microsoft.com... >I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover >them, > is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. > > Sue &q...