Deleting Data

I could really use some help here.  I need to delete data without deleting
formulas.  I don't want to have to do it on a cell by cell basis.  I would
like to be able to select the entire sheet and then click a button like
"clear contents" but leave all formulas and formats.

Thanks

Joel
jnmobley@att.net

0
jnmobley (3)
7/5/2004 6:54:35 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Joel

Select a cell on the sheet and go to Edit>Go to...>Special>Constants and
press the delete button

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Joel" <jnmobley@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> I could really use some help here.  I need to delete data without deleting
> formulas.  I don't want to have to do it on a cell by cell basis.  I would
> like to be able to select the entire sheet and then click a button like
> "clear contents" but leave all formulas and formats.
>
> Thanks
>
> Joel
> jnmobley@att.net

Joel

CRTL + A then F5>Special>Constants(choose what type you want to find)>OK

With those highlighted, right-click>clear contents.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 11:54:35 -0700, "Joel" <jnmobley@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>I could really use some help here.  I need to delete data without deleting
>formulas.  I don't want to have to do it on a cell by cell basis.  I would
>like to be able to select the entire sheet and then click a button like
>"clear contents" but leave all formulas and formats.
>
>Thanks
>
>Joel
>jnmobley@att.net

0
Gord

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

keying in data in cell
I have a form that has several lines. I want to know without looking at the form when the data will not show on the line. I do not want to wrap the text, but to go to the next row to continue to put in the data. Is there an easy way to do this. Any help will be appreciated. thank you mac ...

What to do to improve this:Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name.
Out2002, Exch2000SP3. Users at times complain that they are getting those pop up messages Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name. I just want to confirm that if I install a global catalog on the site where users are getting this, that should improve the situation right ? Is the message below generated only when the Outlook client "takes too long" to retrieve data from the GC ? Something else that could cause that behavior ? On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:40:57 -0700, "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >Out2002, Exc...

how can I export data by VBA and specify type of delimitor
I want to export data from excel by VBA and specify to use ',' as delimitor. but I can only export a file rename to .csv. but when I open it, it still a excel file, but not a text file. How can I do it? Million thanks. You could (temporarily???) change your windows list separator: Windows start button|Settings|control panel regional and language Settings Options applet. regional Options tab|customize button List separator near the bottom of the dialog. Or you could use a macro. You could borrow some code from one of these sites: Chip Pearson's: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/...

Question about Exch2k3 SP2 75gb data store limits
I am about to roll out Exchange 2003 SP2 in a fresh environment, and was curious about what the 75GB limits on the databases encompasses. Since Exchange 2003 Standard supports up to four databases, does this mean I can have four individual 75 GB databases running under Exchange 2003 Standard, or does it mean the total of all four databases can't exceed 75 GB, therefore requiring Exchange 2003 Enterprise? Not sure where you obtained that information from - Exchange Server 2003 Standard does not support 4 databases. You can have 2 - one Mailbox Store and one Public Folder Store. ht...

Manipulating Pivot Table Data Fields
Hi all, Have a question regarding the Data Field in pivot tables. I have a number of rows that have repeating values. What I want in the Data Field (Sum) is a count of DISTINCT values in the column. ie: FR065817 \ FR065817 |----> counted as one FR065817 / FR066154 \___> counted as one FR066154 / FR066158 -----> counted as one FR066159 \___> counted as one FR066159 / However I need all the data in the table as I'm using other columns for different fields in the pivot table. Is there a way to do this? If I have to split the table somehow, I'm willing to do...

Default Data Form
I have a basic worksheet for which I like to use the default data entr form. In other words it benefits from using a form but is just no worth a lot of custom form making. However while I do have an auto_open macro that moves to the first ne row in the range after all existing records, and then ends o ShowDataForm. But the default form always opens on the first record i the list. Is there a simple way to make the default form open on the row of th active cell, , instead of at the top of the list ? Thanks. Doug Lon -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe something li...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Transfer of data #2
I have a database of information in excel and need a formula for compiling totals and transferring it to the main worksheet page. Basically it is a payment tracker - I put in todays date, account number, payment amount, etc and hit submit - it then sends this info onto the next worksheet page (the database). On the main page I have weekly, and monthly totals. I need it to update the weekly monthly totals based on the actual week and month - not last 7 days or last 30 days. How can i do this? Ultimately what it needs to do is go to the second page and grab all the info for the curren...

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

selecting data from a database
I'll try my best to explain what i I want to do.... I have a databse that contains a list of times recorded by athletes over various distances. I would like ot be able to run a macro that compiles a report by selecting personal best times by athletes name for the various distances. the database is continually added to, athletes times are constantly updated so refencing specific cells is not feasible. I currently sort the database by name, distance, best time for that distance so I can see an athletes history but need a method to extract the best times for each discipl...

Data amalgamation
I have a table of data, including columns for date, a code indicatin data source, and various analysis under headings. As follows: Date Source A B C 1/1/01 X 2 4 8 15/3/01 X 3 5 7 16/6/02 Y 12 1 9 I want a summary table that is driven by a (variable) date range amalgamating data by source and A,B,C. As follows: X Y Z Pre 30/6/01 - A 5 0 0 - B 9 0 0 - C 15 0 0 Post 30/6/01 - A ...

Deleting an email

Printing only filtered data in a form
Hi all- I'm of new to Access 2007. I have created a form and a report. Is it possible to have the user use the built in filter Access provides and click the report button and print only that data. Each time I open the form different data will need to be selected by the user. For a simple filter, you can just use the form's Filter string as the WhereCondition for OpenReport. This example assumes a command button named cmdPreview, that is to open Report1 filtered the same way as the form: Private Sub cmdPreview_Click() Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty The...

how to enforce autocomplete data
sometimes excel gives me the cell data I input already. sometimes it doesn't. How can I enforce the feature? thanks. Sat, 07 Jul 2007 18:52:59 +0900 from kang <kang@hao.com>: > sometimes excel gives me the cell data I input already. > sometimes it doesn't. > > How can I enforce the feature? Autocomplete doesn't kick in till you've entered enough to be unique. So if you have zxsfgfdsgdfsgdfs,gdsf,ng,sf.g,sfdgsdg,sdhg,s.h,gsh,ngbh1 and zxsfgfdsgdfsgdfs,gdsf,ng,sf.g,sfdgsdg,sdhg,s.h,gsh,ngbh2 in previous cells, autocomplete won't do you much good since ...