Delete fixed rows in Excel

Is it possible to delete fixed rows or columns in Excel.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Arjun
0
Arjun (11)
9/25/2006 2:16:02 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

and the definition of "fixed" is?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Arjun" <Arjun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to delete fixed rows or columns in Excel.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Arjun

0
dguillett1 (2488)
9/25/2006 2:36:21 PM
The rows on the top of the page (grey in color).

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> and the definition of "fixed" is?
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "Arjun" <Arjun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to delete fixed rows or columns in Excel.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Arjun

0
Arjun (11)
9/25/2006 3:22:01 PM
No. but you can use labels of your choice on the 1st row/column and HIDE the
"fixed" rows/columns.
tools>options>view

--
> The rows on the top of the page (grey in color).
>
> "Don Guillett" wrote:
>
>> and the definition of "fixed" is?
>>
>> --
>> Don Guillett
>> SalesAid Software
>> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>> "Arjun" <Arjun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is it possible to delete fixed rows or columns in Excel.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Arjun

0
dguillett1 (2488)
9/25/2006 3:36:42 PM
Thanx a lot Don. It worked for me.
Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Arjun

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> No. but you can use labels of your choice on the 1st row/column and HIDE the
> "fixed" rows/columns.
> tools>options>view
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "Arjun" <Arjun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The rows on the top of the page (grey in color).
> >
> > "Don Guillett" wrote:
> >
> >> and the definition of "fixed" is?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Don Guillett
> >> SalesAid Software
> >> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> >> "Arjun" <Arjun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Arjun (11)
9/25/2006 4:07:02 PM
glad it helped

--
> Thanx a lot Don. It worked for me.
> Appreciate your help.
>
> Regards,
> Arjun
>
> "Don Guillett" wrote:
>
>> No. but you can use labels of your choice on the 1st row/column and HIDE
>> the
>> "fixed" rows/columns.
>> tools>options>view
>>
>> --
>> Don Guillett
>> SalesAid Software
>> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>> "Arjun" <Arjun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The rows on the top of the page (grey in color).

0
dguillett1 (2488)

Excel not calculating anything
Hello, I just installed excel 2003 and when I type in a function (specifically, =CONCATENATE(A2," ",B2) ) It just adds that to the cell I'm wanting the results in. It does this with sums as well. I am very novice at excel, but I do know how do do the minor functions. Can anyone tell me if there is some option I have unclicked or clicked that won't let excel calculate anything? Thank you Hi It looks like you have the calculation set to manual {press F9 to calculate formulas manually, or check Automatic in radio button on Calculatin tab of Options window (Tools.Options ...

Pivot Table row comparison
I'm trying to compare an old customer schedule with their new schedule and highlight the changes with colour or by hiding a row. My pivot table looks like this Prod Sched wk1 wk2 wk3 A old 3 2 3 A new 3 4 3 B old 2 2 2 B new 2 2 2 So in the above example I'd like to colour the cells for wk2- Product A in yellow, and hide the product B rows as there has been no change in demand. Can someone give me some advice about how to do this Thanks for your help Ross How about an alternative??? Your raw data looks kind of like this: Prod Sched wk# qty...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Change case in Excel
Good morning all, I have received a private e-mail from someone trying to help me, I think, but am not certain whether this is legit, or an attempt to get me to install a trojan of some sort. Does anyone know of Shailesh Shah (shahshaileshs@hotmail.com)? I figure that if this person is writing such good code, such useful utilities, then he should be well known to this community, or at least he should. I had e-mailed this group in February asking for some way to change the case of text in certain cells, and the link Mr. Shah sent me is as follows: http://members.lycos.co.uk/shahweb/ ...

How to open Excel sheet with more than 64000 lines
I am using Office 2002, and have received Excel files with greater than 64000 line items. Is there a way , or an update, with Excel 2002 to open files this large? You need to upgrade to Excel 2007. "mgoehring" wrote: > I am using Office 2002, and have received Excel files with greater than 64000 > line items. Is there a way , or an update, with Excel 2002 to open files this > large? Yes, but not more than 65536. For that you would need Excel 2007. -- David Biddulph "mgoehring" <mgoehring@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

I need to show the last number in a rows in the total pending row
I have a column where I list pending cases each month and I need to show the last number in the total pending cell at the bottom of the row. I can use an offset fomula which works if the pending cases begin in row 1. However, I am not able to get it to work if the pending cases begin in rows 4 or 5 as an example. Any suggestion? Rows don't have a bottom.............guess you meant Column. Last number in column A =LOOKUP(99^99,A:A) Last anything in column A =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<>""),A1:A65535) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:30:08 -0800, Jen S ...

Excel 2000 Program not launching
I have been using this Excel Version (Excel 2000 SP-1) for a couple of years now. All of a sudden while opening a file, Excel did not launch at all. I repaired, reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled again Office 2000. All the other Microsoft Office program (e.g. Access, Word, Power Point are fine). I am using Windows 98 OS. Help. THanks. Ligaya Any error messages? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

number of rows #2
I used autoformat so that my rows would alternate colors. But, it added a bunch of empty rows so that the sheet is maxed out and my file is huge. I don't need all those empty rows and I can't find a way to delete them. Any suggestions for how to get rid of the rows, or limit the number of rows on a worksheet? I know I could copy all the data to a new worksheet, but I'd like a better solution. Try this: click on the number of the first empty row, so the whole row is selected. Using the vertical scrollbar, go to the last row on the sheet. Hold down the shift key while you cli...

Fix crashing notes
I am using Outlook 2000 SP-3 periodically ( I think mostly when I am cutting an pasting into NOTES) I get the following message just before the note crashes (usually without saving current work). "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." The only knowledge base info I have been able to find relates to email messaging. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Close Outlook, then find and rename frmcache.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook and try it again. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to kee...

Unable To Read Certain fields in Linked Excel Sheet to Access
I am using Acc 2003, but Acc 2007 should work the same (I think). I have linked an excel spreadsheet into my Access database. Almost all of the fields are available and can be read. There are a few fields that I can see in Access, but its in Excel. These fields were using a VLookUp function in excel to get the value from another excel worksheet. Also the linked excel sheet has fields that I believe should be text (in Access), but its was set to be a number. I am unable to change this. Is there a way to resolve this issue for me ??? I also assume that if I was to rea...

Using c# object in Excel VBA
Hi All I have writen an COM Object in C# to use it in Excel. This Object has a Function that delivers a List of Users from a Database. My problem is now that I get the List of Users but it is not posible to get one of the Properties of the User. But when I create a new Object with Set user = CreateObject("GuptaIntferface.UserVOCom") I can see all Properties of this object. My Question is now how can I tell VBA now that the objects in the List are the UserVOCOM Objects? thx for help Michael I'm kind of stabbing the dark on this one as I've never worked with a C...

Delete macros

Locate a specific row or column
Hi all, Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to dray the scroll bar? Clara thank you so much for your help In VBA code, you can use: Range("D100").Activate ' Or Range("D1:D100").Select ' Depending on if you want only one cell highlighted or a range of cells. -- Best wishes, Jim "clara" wrote: > Hi all, > > Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to > dray the scroll bar? > > Clara > > thank you so much for your help Hi Clara Have you tried goto in the Ed...

Excel acting up
Has anyone experienced the following behavior in Excel Workbooks? We have developed a PM tool (an Excel Workbook using VBA macros) several years ago. This workbook is used as a template by 30 or so people; and working properly in excel 2003 & excel 2007 until maybe 2 weeks ago. About 2-3 weeks ago, one of the users sent a copy of this file to the office. It was behaving strangely...objects from other worksheets (dtpickers, formatted cells/ranges of cells) were painted over the active worksheet as we were working with it (persistent until scrolling down or minimize-maximize ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Excel General Ledger
I need a General Ledger template to run my small business. Does anyone out there have a general ledger format already developed for excel they want to share? "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9C319B6-7315-46FB-9674-209E0C0692F1@microsoft.com... > I need a General Ledger template to run my small business. Does anyone out > there have a general ledger format already developed for excel they want to > share? I'm sure you can find one here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx /Fredrik Here's simple templat...

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Having trouble with extra rows at the bottom of the doc
How do I delete the extra rows at the bottom of a doc. I have inherited a document that has 60 rows of data and 3682 rows of empty cells that have the boarder set. When I select and delete them, new ones reappear. I have turned the cell boards off and it still creates empty cells with the boarder. Is there any way to delete these rows? -ken Ken, Are you selecting and then deleting and then saving? HTH, Andy Ken Excel has a habit of retaining "used" cells way beyond where you are currently working. On a worksheet hit CRTL + END to see where you wind up. If far below and...