Delete cells with content that don't contain the =?UTF-8?B?wqMgc3ltYm9s?=

I have a very large messy excel file that contains some data I want to isolate. The other data is unneeded and basically in the way.

I want to delete/clear all the other cells that do not contain the ? pound symbol. This way I will be left with just the pricing info I need.

All help appreciated

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:46:11 GMT, Gary N <gary.neill@allstate.com> wrote:

>I want to delete/clear all the other cells that do not contain the ? pound symbol.

"Be careful what you wish for"

This can be done with a VBA Macro:

To enter this Macro (Sub), <alt-F11> opens the Visual Basic Editor.
Ensure your project is highlighted in the Project Explorer window.
Then, from the top menu, select Insert/Module and
paste the code below into the window that opens.

To use this Macro (Sub), <alt-F8> opens the macro dialog box. Select the macro by name, and <RUN>.
It will clear every cell that does not contain the � sign in either the text string or the numberformat string.

The caveat is that, as you requested, ALL cells that do not contain the � will be cleared.  You will find that any cells that have labels, or descriptive data, but do not contain the � sign, will also be cleared.
Is this what you want?
If not, and if the cells you wish to process are, for example, numbers not formatted with the � sign, please be more specific about your data.  If some of that data you wish to retain is text containing the � sign, the algorithm will be different than if the data to be retained is numeric data formatted with the � sign.

Option Explicit
Sub ClearPoundData()
    Dim rg As Range, c As Range
    Const sPound As String = "�"
Set rg = ActiveSheet.UsedRange
For Each c In rg
    If InStr(c.Text, sPound) = 0 And _
        InStr(c.NumberFormat, sPound) = 0 Then
        c.Clear
    End If
Next c
End Sub
===========================
0
ron6368 (329)

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Using Popups to select a range of cells.
Hi All I have a small request for help with code. I need a macro to have popups request the first and last cells in a range , and then to select them. Can someone help? Sub test() Dim Rng As Range On Error Resume Next Set Rng = Application.InputBox("Select your range", _ "Mousework", Type:=8) On Error GoTo 0 If Rng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub MsgBox Rng.Address End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:8mYkILA1YlvLFw7Z@chayes.demon.co.uk... > > Hi All > >...

Cannot delete subreport

Changing the font style, fore colour and back colour of an individual cell in a VB6 listview
Hi All Again, another I've always left rather than sorting is the ability to style (bold, underline, italic), colour the text and colour the background of the text in a vb6 listview CELL. Are any of these permitations possible? Am I better using an MS Flexgrid and hidden textbox (for the edit bit)? Thank you. "Mojo" <please@dont.spam.com> wrote in message news:e%23LFCQ5RLHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > Again, another I've always left rather than sorting is the ability to > style > (bold, underline, italic), colo...

Rule for Deleted Items

keying in data in cell
I have a form that has several lines. I want to know without looking at the form when the data will not show on the line. I do not want to wrap the text, but to go to the next row to continue to put in the data. Is there an easy way to do this. Any help will be appreciated. thank you mac ...

Vlookup #8
I have the following worksheets: IAN OneTravel I have the following headers: IAN: PropertyID PropertyName Address1 City State Country ZipCode ONEIAN OneTravel: PropertyID PropertyName Address1 City State Country ZipCode ONECON These are from columns A:H. I am trying to do a lookup in IAN (colum I) that use the ONEIAN column and lookup to find a match in the ONECO column in the OneTravel worksheet and send back the PropertyID colum value from the OneTravel worksheet. I tried this: =VLOOKUP(I20864,OneTravel!A1:H31814,1,0) It didn't work. Help ----------------------------...

Clear cell from formula?

Why is the content of all my emails going out underlined?
Can you help? All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I receive one back from my original it is underlined. I have been advised by mail recepients that my email content is underlined. Does anyone know how I can stop this? "Sally W" <Sally W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DC904DA-536E-45FD-9F5D-19056A2A5EEA@microsoft.com... > All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are > HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I r...

Adding a comment to a cell.
I have tried adding a comment to a cell, but it does not appear with th little red triangle in the top right corner of the cell commented. The comment is attached, but at first glance there is no such clue tha there is a comment attached. I know the comment is attached because when i click onto the cell commented and right click, it allows me to either edit or delete th comment.. I need the little red triangle to appear when commenting a cell (whe clicked away from the live cell, it seems to dissapear) - view scree shot Attachment filename: comments.jpg Down...

How can I copy a formula where the referenced cells have an assoc.
I want to copy a formula where the cells have an associated range name but all I get is a repeat of the original formula. I want to have formulas where the cell references change as the formula is copied. That is the purpose of Named Ranges. They do not change. They are not relative. Say Namedrange is A1 =Namedrange * B1 will change to =Namedrange * B2 if copied down column C, but Namedrange will remain the value in A1. On another note.......if your cellsrefs like B1 are not changing to B2, B3 etc. perhaps you have Calculation on Manual mode. Check Tools>Options>Calculation. ...

Refreshing fields in table cells.
Situation is as follows ... A document header contains a text box. This text box contains a table. The table has a field in each cell (20 fields in total). How do I select all these fields in VBA to refresh their values? The text box (and the table therein) are in a building block that is placed in the header using a macro. I know the cells can refresh because I see the refreshed values if I do a print preview, but I want to see them while looking at page Layout just after I have defined new field values. Field values are applied via a user form and it also here after pressing...

Adding note numbers to cells
I would like to be able to add printable cross-references to individual cells in Excel for Office 97 (or later). The references should appear as small text, such as a superscript in the corner of the cell. I can achieve an effect close to what I desire, by adding a "Comment" to a cell. The Comment would be just the cross-reference, and would be resized small as desired. But even if I set comments to "Show", they only appear on the screen but I want the effect to be printable. Help?? Thanks very much -- Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears Oh God, forg...

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Adding text content to Memo field
I have two memo fields, Memo1 and Memo2. Memo1 cannot be edited (its locked property is set to true). So I have the user enter text notes in Memo2, and then I have a command button that allows the user to add the contents of Memo2 to Memo1with the current date. My code is as follows: Me!Memo1 = vbCrLf & Format(Date, "mm/dd/yyyy") & vbCrLf & Me!Memo2 & vbCrLf & Me!Memo1 Now I am recieving an error message: "Could not update. Currently locked by another session on this machine". I belive I have about 72K characters in the Memo1 field and was wondering if ...

Delete macros

merge cells
how can i merge the info on a large spread sheet quickly without having to do this one cell at a time. I have info in cells A1 thru HH1,A3-HH3,A5-HH5 and so on I need this info to be merged with the cell directly below it In other words I need cell A1 to be merged with A2,B1 with B2....A3 with A4,A5 with A6 ....HH5 with HH6 with our losing the info in the cells, whats the simpliest and fastest way to do this with out having to click on cell, hold shift key, down arrow, merge cell button, right arrow, hold shift key,down arrow key, merge button or format painter on completed a merged...

Outlook Live #8
I'm already an MSN Premium account user and this morning, reading a bit about one of the special offers--discounted Outlook Live--I decided to give it a try and, after having my credit card billed of course, began the download/installation procedure. The second or third page gave me the option of "typical" or "custom" installation with typical being selected by default. I noticed the "install now" box wasn't highlighted or bolded--I mean it wasn't possible to click it and have anything happen--so I thought, perhaps I should select "cust...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Cell Colors
Tom, How would I check to see if it was turned off? And if so, how would I turn it on? Thanks Bill Bill, The article says 1.. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Accessibility Options. 2.. Click the Display tab, and then click to clear the Use High Contrast check box. 3.. Click OK to close the Accessibility Options dialog box. so I guess you can check by going to that Display tab and see if the Use High Contrast checkbox is set. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) &q...