Defining Column Widths

Hi i need to define the column widths and heights of the excel worksheets in
cm but it appears that the default measurement is not in cm so how can i go
abt changing the default to be in Centimeters?

Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated
Thank you
0
Alvin (14)
10/5/2005 12:15:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Alvin

Assuming 96 pixels per inch you could approximate but at different resolutions
your approximation can be off.

If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm...........

Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbawssetrowcol

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 05:15:02 -0700, "Alvin" <Alvin@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi i need to define the column widths and heights of the excel worksheets in
>cm but it appears that the default measurement is not in cm so how can i go
>abt changing the default to be in Centimeters?
>
>Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated
>Thank you

0
Gord
10/6/2005 4:02:01 PM
On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 05:15:02 -0700, "Alvin"
<Alvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi i need to define the column widths and heights of the excel worksheets in
>cm but it appears that the default measurement is not in cm so how can i go
>abt changing the default to be in Centimeters?
>
>Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated
>Thank you

I can't take credit for this (I don't write VBA), but these links may
help:

 http://www.mrexcel.com/archive2/43500/50477.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213422

Don S

Collections Management
Dynamics GP v9 - Collections Management Users are unable to use "user defined letters" (Word Documents) for mass mailings. They are limited to only using predefined letters, or printing each letter individually for every customer. Error received when users attempt to use a custom letter: -------------------------------------------------- Unhandled script exception: Cannot find report "COL_Reminder_UpcomingDue". EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_REPORT -------------------------------------------------- ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microso...

Printing column headings in Excel
Hi, This should be easy to do, but I can't work out how..... I have a simple Excel spreadsheet all on one sheet. When printed it covers several pages. I would like to have a heading printed on each page to indicate what each column is. I can make this happen by inserting a 'heading' to the row immediately following a page break. Can Excel print my headings without me having to manually insert each one after the page breaks ? Thanks, Colin "File->Page Setup->Sheet" Under "Print Titles" set the "Rows to repeat at top" to your heading row ($1:$...

Columns
Hi, In Word, it has Columns function that is very useful. When the column A is full in one page, the data automatically go to column B and then C.... ----- In Excel, I would like to create a sheet, which has 5 columns. I hope that (on column A) after data is entered into row 60, the next data will move to column B, not go to the row 61. And then when column B is entered to row 60, the next data will move to column C.... Please help. Chi One play is to mimic this as an output on another sheet .. Assume data will be entered in A1:A300 in Sheet1 In Sheet2, Put in A1: =IF(INDIRECT("&...

secondary y-axis for graph "column"
Hi! Chart type XY (scatter) > allows a secondary Y-axis column > does not allow this, or does it? I would like so, how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance! tom Hi, sorry, I understand why (risk of visual overlap) and and was able to create a secondary Y-axis but how to solve this? thanks! tom "tom ossieur" wrote: > Hi! > > Chart type > XY (scatter) > allows a secondary Y-axis > column > does not allow this, or does it? I would like so, how to > solve this problem? > > Thanks in advance! > > tom See htt...

Last Paid column
I use Money 2004. When I go to the Bills and Deposits page, I notice that some of the entries in the Last Paid column are incorrect. It says I last paid the electric company seven months ago. I don't think so! Not a big deal. I can live with it, but has anyone else noticed this? Thanks. That'll be the last time that it was paid through this interface. If you manually add a transaction (or download one) and you then 'skip' the transaction on bills/deposits, it isn't changed. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;E...

Application-defined or object-defined error
Hi, I find myself stumped by an incredibly easy piece of code and one that I have used before. I am getting the error: Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error I am getting the error when I run the following code: Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Application .ScreenUpdating = False .DisplayAlerts = False Workbooks.Open "\\depot02\rel\www\internal\business_areas\edg\Metrics\Phones\HighHoldTimesDetailed.xls" Workbooks("HighHoldTimesDetailed.xls").Worksheets("data").Cells.Copy _ Workbooks("phoneholdtime...

runtime error 2465: application-defined or object-defined error
I'm trying to use a button on a main form to change the sort order of a sub- subform.When I execute the following, I get runtime error 2465: application- defined or object-defined error. opting to debug, I find the line with orderbyon highlighted. Anybody see what's wrong? Private sub timesort_click() Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy = "Forms![control]! [worklist]![approved]![time]" Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy0n = True End Sub -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/a...

Perform compare of multiple selected columns
I am looking for a way to program the following using VBA and a command button: If user selected columns 4, 7 and 8 then compare this if cells(2,4) = cells(2,7) = cells(2,8) then cell(2,12) = "ok" else cell(2,12) = "check" Basically, how can I get the column number of what columns are selected to compare all data for each column selected. Hi This should get you started: Sub aaa() For Each col In Selection.Columns c = c + 1 Select Case c Case 1 col1 = col.Column Case 2 col2 = col.Column Case 3 ...

2 or more columns on a report
I have a report that has only a couple of fields that it's pulling from, so when I print my report, there's not a lot there. It looks basically like this: Employee Name Avg. Score # Completed Doe, John 95 2 Smith, Mary 68 3 and so on. My question is this: Is there a way to put 2 groups of this info on the report page to condense the number of pages I have to print out? I'd like to report to look something like this: Employee name Avg. Score # Completed Employee Name Avg. Score # Completed ...

Add more columns
Hello. I want to add a few thousand columns to my sheet. How do I do it? -- Gnarlie Switch to Quattro Pro. XL has a hard limit of 256 columns. If you want to use XL, either reorient your sheet to use thousands of rows, or use multiple worksheets. In article <BE0DE396.65004%gnarlodious@yahoo.com>, Gnarlodious <gnarlodious@yahoo.com> wrote: > I want to add a few thousand columns to my sheet. How do I do it? Entity JE McGimpsey spoke thus: > reorient your sheet to use thousands of rows That will work, since I only need 36 rows. How to? -- Gnarlie Transpose the dat...

how to do self-defined regression in excel?
Hi, I want to do regression ananlysis in excel using a sigmoid function, which is not offered in the general 6 functions in excel(by adding trendline). How can I do it? Thanks. The Analysis ToolPak - VBA addin has a regression function and probably everything else you want. Tools > AddIns then checkmark Analysis ToolPak - VBA Go back to Tools dropdown and it should be listed near the bottotm of the dropdown. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, I want to do regression ananlysis in excel using a >sigmoid function, which is not offered in the general 6 >functions in excel(by a...

Defining a variable to = MATCH
Dim thingy As Integer thingy = "=MATCH(""DiceC"",qperiodagentperformance!A:A,0)" ActiveCell.Formula = _ "=INDEX(qperiodagentperformance!D" & thingy & ":D13000,MATCH(""Agen Summary"",qperiodagentperformance!A" & thingy & ":A13000,0))" Range("D26").Select my thingy doesnt seem to work..... no comment Any suggestions on correcting this? Mik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try with thingy = Application.Match("DiceC", Sheets("qperiodagentperformance"...

Blank column to be unique increment
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to write an update SQL to fill an Integer column with an incremental number. Example: My table has 500 rows, I want this new Integer column to be filled with number of 1 to 500. Is there a way to do this via an update SQL statement? Thanks in advance. Here is one example: CREATE TABLE Foo ( keycol INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, datacol CHAR(1), seq_nbr INT); INSERT INTO Foo (keycol, datacol) VALUES (1, 'a'); INSERT INTO Foo (keycol, datacol) VALUES (8, 'b'); INSERT INTO Foo (keycol, datacol) VALUES (11, 'c'); INS...

User-Defined type not defined?
I recently imported all my data into a blank DB now I am getting this error on: Dim wrk As Workspace Is that something to do with me importing into a new DB Thanks for any help...........Bob Sub SelAllNone(Optional SelectAll As Boolean = True) On Error GoTo stoprun Dim sqlStr As String Dim wrk As Workspace Dim db As Database Set wrk = DBEngine.Workspaces(0) Set db = CurrentDb sqlStr = "UPDATE [tblHorseInfo] SET [Worksheet] = " & SelectAll & ";" wrk.BeginTrans db.Execute sqlStr, dbFailOnError wrk.CommitTrans Exit_Here: Set wrk = Nothing Set db = Nothing ...

rearrange the data in columns by dates?
How do I rearrange data by dates in reverse order? Example: I'd like to change the order to 3/21/2010, 3/22/2010, 3/23/2010...etc. Current order Column A B C D 3/24/2010 3/23/2010 3/22/2010 3/21/2010 5:00 5:00 5:00 5:00 LSR LSR LSR LSR 82.6 82.8 83 82.3 93.6 80.3 94 88 106.7 100.9 105.2 102.8 108.5 103.6 106.7 105.4 111 107.5 109 109.1 113.6 111.3 111.5 112.8 116.8 115.5 114.4 117.1 121.1 120.7 118.5 122.1 126.9 127.2 123.8 129 135.3 136.4 132 138.8 148.3 150.2 144.8 153.2 165.7 168.3 162.5 171.8 183.3 184.9 177.9 188.5 192....

user defined fields 01-12-10
I have created a user defined field "GHINno". Using copied code I can emumate user defined fields and find "GHINno". I have code the Sets folder to the "Folder"- "Set MyContact = MyFolder.Folders("Seven Hills Mens Club")". But I can't figure out how to get to the value(s) in "GHINno", either the first value or loop through all values. Any help with UserProperty or Userproperties or whatever would be appriciated. Joe See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=38 for info on property syntax. You can use a F...

pie chart to reference certain cells in a column
I need to know how I can use the chart wizard and make a pie chart that will give percentages of each of the choices in a column. There are 4-5 different choices in the column. For excell 2000 or 2003. Thank you. You can use a pivot table to count the number of responses in each category (the field of responses is used in the row area and count of responses is used in the data area). When you plot this in a pie chart, one of the label options is percentage. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _...

Can't find source of Application-defined or object-defined error!?
I won't post all of the code here because it's too extensive but here's a watered down version (all variables declarations are not listed): Dim i as integer Dim PortName As String Dim ReviewSht As String Dim ModelSht As String Dim HoldingsSht As String Dim Model As Range PortName = Right(ActiveSheet.Name, Len(ActiveSheet.Name) - 15) ReviewSht = "Price Weight - " & PortName ModelSht = "Model Data - " & PortName HoldingsSht = "Holdings - " & PortName Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Worksheets(ModelSht).Range("A9") Range...

Compare two columns datas
Hi, Lookin for an easy way to tell TRUE if two columns values are EXACTLY the same (same row, same value) and FALSE if not... Is there an Excel function to do that ? Or will I have to check every cell (if A1=B1, A2= B2,....) thks for help. =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100<>""),--(A1:A100=B1:B100))=MAX(COUNTA(A1:A100),COUNTA( B1:B100)) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Franck" <wesley.saris@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1113814052.562556.195190@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > Lookin for an easy way to tell TRUE ...

interchanging rows and columns
How can I transform a whole worksheet so that the contents of the columns and rows are interchanged? ie the contents of, say, column 1 become the contents of row 1 etc. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C6991F.A12F37E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Copy the entire working range. The in the desired area click on EDIT .. = PASTE SPECIAL .. and choose transpose. --=20 =20 "Ian Borland" <compsci@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message = news:ugVe62TmGHA.2372@TK2MSFTNGP04...

"too many fields defined" error
I am trying to add a field to my table and keep getting an error message "too many fields defined" and it will not let me add the new field. Does anyone know what I have done to get this error and how I can fix it so I can add fields to my database? How many fields do you have in your table? The maximum number for a single table is 255. Note: it's rare that you would need more than 30 fields in a table if you've properly normalized your table structure. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Value of cell Defines Range
Hello, I am trying to set a picture to a range of cells which I can do by setting the picture to a range like =$A$1:$C$5. My problem is that the range can change anytime. It will always start in $A$1 and end in column $C but the row for column $C can vary. I know what row column $C should be but I cannot not change the range automatically but have to do it manually. I can put the value for the row in column $C in a cell like D1 but I cannot think of a way to put that in the range automatically (See Example below). Any ideas? Example Range is =$A$1:$C$?. D1 contains the value of 8. So I want ...

Reseed my identity column
I have identity int column with increment 1 and seed 1. I wish to reseed ID column when I delete some rows and inserting new one. I try to create trigger like this one: ALTER TRIGGER Trigger2 ON Table2 FOR DELETE AS /*IF UPDATE(id) */ DBCC CHECKIDENT ('Table2', RESEED) But inserting continuous with the next int value in ID column, although I deleted some rows. How to reseed my ID column with the last one existing in a database? "Mario" <pascal@po.t-com.hr> wrote in message news:hhi43s$qen$1@ss408.t-com.hr... > I have identity int column wi...

Out of context error in user defined function
Apologies to anyone who has already read this in Functions. I realised after a few daysa of no response that I had posted in the wrong stream. Excel 2007 query Error received in VBA window (Debug) = <Out of Context> Error on Spreadsheet = #VALUE# I have 'formatted' this function in much the same way as my twenty or more other functions in this spreadsheet, yet I end up with Out of Context. I have tried various approaches including an 'On Calculate' called sub-routine, but all to no avail. The code for the function is stored in Module1 of an xlam, w...

???Drop Down Box with data from 2 columns???
Is there anyway that I can incorporate 2 columns in a drop down box? or a way around this. I have a form with a drop down box that lists phone numbers. I want to be able to select a phone number and match it up with the correct name. Can this be done without VB? You need to tell us what type of drop down box you have. Is this on a userform? Created from the Controls Toolbox or the Forms Toolbar? -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) To email, remove the NO SPAM. Please keep correspondence to the board, as to benefit others. "TotallyConfused" &l...