Decimal Values (currency) when using scroll bars

I’m trying to create a decision making tool that uses a slider control to
change a cost per unit field.  I used a scroll bar from the Forms toolbar.
However, this control is not able to increment decimal values.  Because I am
using currency,  I need .01 detail, however, any decimal value in the
‘Incremental change’ field in the ‘Control’ tab of the ‘format control’ for
the slider is replaced with ‘0’.  I’ve currently linked the control to
another cell and the relevant cell has a ‘/100’ formula, but now my users
can’t type a value directly.  I’d appreciate any help.  Thanks.
0
KLuttrell (3)
2/17/2005 8:03:05 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hope it's something simple like
  Tools,  Options, Edit,  uncheck  fixed decimal places

Also check your cell formatting.

What happens if you type  .99
---
HTH,

"K Luttrell" <KLuttrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2EAD05B-3003-4D40-B1DE-483BC5686321@microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to create a decision making tool that uses a slider control to
> change a cost per unit field.  I used a scroll bar from the Forms toolbar.
> However, this control is not able to increment decimal values.  Because I am
> using currency,  I need .01 detail, however, any decimal value in the
> 'Incremental change' field in the 'Control' tab of the 'format control' for
> the slider is replaced with '0'.  I've currently linked the control to
> another cell and the relevant cell has a '/100' formula, but now my users
> can't type a value directly.  I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks.

0
dmcritchie (2586)
2/18/2005 12:28:38 AM
Thanks, but no luck.  fixed decimal places was unchecked.  I tried changing
the cell formating from General to Number (Decimal places 2).  The scroll bar
still only increments whole integers.  I can type a decimal value, however as
soon as I hit the up or down arrow on the scroll bar it goes to the next
highest or lowest integer. For my target user base, I'm more concerned with
giving them a slide control than a direct entry option, but it would have
been nice to have both.  Thanks for your help.

"David McRitchie" wrote:

> Hope it's something simple like
>   Tools,  Options, Edit,  uncheck  fixed decimal places
>
> Also check your cell formatting.
>
> What happens if you type  .99
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "K Luttrell" <KLuttrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2EAD05B-3003-4D40-B1DE-483BC5686321@microsoft.com...
> > I'm trying to create a decision making tool that uses a slider control to
> > change a cost per unit field.  I used a scroll bar from the Forms toolbar.
> > However, this control is not able to increment decimal values.  Because I am
> > using currency,  I need .01 detail, however, any decimal value in the
> > 'Incremental change' field in the 'Control' tab of the 'format control' for
> > the slider is replaced with '0'.  I've currently linked the control to
> > another cell and the relevant cell has a '/100' formula, but now my users
> > can't type a value directly.  I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks.

0
KLuttrell (3)

SOP NonInventory Unit Cost 6 Decimal Places
Is there any simple way to increase the currency decimal places to greater than the current highest value of 5? Thanx Scott, I don't believe there is any easy or even moderately difficult way to do this, as the field types used to store amounts in GP only go up to 5 decimal places. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Scott Rutledge" <sersoar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E102B81B-8555-400E-843C-240C58794294@microsoft.com... > Is there any...

Using CHM Help File instead of HLP Help File
Hi All, I am using MFC VC++ 6. The "Help Topic" is generated by VC++. It allows to use HLP file. I have CHM help created available. I want to use CHM Help File instead if HLP Help File. How can I do that? I see some commands generate by VC++: ON_COMMAND(ID_HELP_FINDER, CMDIFrameWnd::OnHelpFinder) ON_COMMAND(ID_HELP, CMDIFrameWnd::OnHelp) ON_COMMAND(ID_CONTEXT_HELP, CMDIFrameWnd::OnContextHelp) ON_COMMAND(ID_DEFAULT_HELP, CMDIFrameWnd::OnHelpFinder) It seems like nothing I can do with OnHelpFinder, OnHelp, OnContextHelp. And I have to do somthing like ON_COMMAND(ID_HELP_FINDER, CMy...

Reduce currency decimals
Hi, Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals. Thank you. KT I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there's Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Change Decimal Places This utility can change the decimal places for items. I don't know of any system-wide change for decimal places. Eleni "KT" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great > Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals....

incorporate paste value in vlookup
is there a way to incorporate "paste value" in a vlookup formula ? I have the vlookups in the column working and feeding off of the multiple worksheets. the data will be updated weekly (and new columns with the updated data added) and i would rather just copy new data on top of the old in the worksheets instean of having to add new worksheets with new data... as to keep the previous column from changing. -- problem Maybe you could record a macro when you do your own copy|paste special|values? Then just rerun that macro when you want. bigproblem wrote: > ...

how do you have the headings scroll down the page as you move dow
How do you have the column headings scroll with you as you work downward on a page ?? Help . . . Bless you for information - much needed ! Thanks hi i think you might be interested in freeze panes. Place the cellpointer at A2. 2003 and earlier. on the menu bar>window>freeze panes. 2007 view tab>window group>freeze panes the above position will freeze row1. if you have more than 1 row for headers, move the cellpointer down all rows above the cellpointer will freeze. you can also freeze columns by placing the cellpointer at b2( or where ever). all columns to t...

Combo controls inside a scroll window
I am sure this is a beginners question but could someone point me to a tutorial or give me some direction on this subject. I am trying to create a scroll window in my dialog box that can hold all my combo controls. The space I have left is not enough for number of controls I need to display. Thanks in advance. Steve Use another dialog resource, set style to child and control (no borders). Create modeless dialog with controls you need and scroll bars. Place it in a parent dialog. Set needed size and use scroll bar to adjust a position of the child dialog’ controls. You will also have t...

Dictionary Values to Lower
Hello, I have a Dictionary<String, Object> where I know, in this case, that Object will be a string. I would like to lower all string values using a lambda expression. How can I do this? Thank You, Miguel shapper wrote: > Hello, > > I have a Dictionary<String, Object> where I know, in this case, that > Object will be a string. > > I would like to lower all string values using a lambda expression. > > How can I do this? What is the point of using a lambda expression? That seems like an ridiculously arbitrary requirement to m...

Scroll to caret when appending line to rich text box
I've just came across to some very peculiar behavior with rich text box control. I want to add colors to my log window so I started with rich text box, to which I send messages EM_SETSEL(-1,-1), EM_SETCHARFORMAT and EM_SETTEXTEX. That works. Now I want to toggle the pinning of the scroll button to the last line, i.e. have RTB automatically scroll to the last line if the last line was previously visible, or do nothing if the last line wasn't previously visible. How I do that? EM_SCROLLCARET doesn't seem to work, and oddly enough SetFocus/KillFocus does, but it doesn't lo...

Again XP really slow opening interbase database and crashing my app using crystal reports.
Ran fine on xp sp1 and win2k sp4 What dll's were radically changed by MS between theses OS issues. How do I find out? MrT wrote: > Ran fine on xp sp1 and win2k sp4 > > What dll's were radically changed by MS between theses OS issues. > How do I find out? Have you contacted those who support Interbase/Crytsal Reports and verified you are using a compatible version/updated version of their software? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Shenan Stanley wrote: &g...

In a chart, how do you put a $ on the top value axis?
In a bar chart, how do you put a dollar sign on only the top value axis in Excel? What is the formula? Click the chart; in the Formula bar type a $; more the resulting textbox to required position best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "JudyF" <JudyF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64E89C98-9542-41C3-A94C-3023E9123239@microsoft.com... > In a bar chart, how do you put a dollar sign on only the top value axis in > Excel? What is the formula? You need a custom number format. Suppose the maximum is 20...

Help, Think I need to use countif or sumproduct
Please try and help me with this one: I have a spreadsheet with the following data columns: A B C D E F No Ac Name Staff Name Area Grade I want a formula to look in the area column and the grade column an tell me how many grade 4 there are working in wales etc. I can easil type in the formula the areas i need each time thats fine just need t know how i can get it to count only the grade 4s in wales etc -- Jai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JaiD's Profile: http://www.excelfor...

Restricting pasting, except for Paste Values
Within this Discussion Group, I have searched for "restrict pasting" and "prevent pasting", but I have been unable to find a thread that solves my problem. I have created a worksheet in which I have added conditional formatting and validation rules to various cells. Most of my users typically copy data from an Outlook e-mail message, a Word document, or a PowerPoint file and paste it into my worksheet. When they do this, however, the conditional formatting and validation rules get overwritten. I reached out to this Discussion Group and asked if there was...

#Value! message in formula
I have a spreadsheet of various employee data. In one column, I'm getting a '#Value!' message in Column I if the employee has never been promoted past the entry rank. Here's the layout: Column F = Date of commission Column G = Seniority w/ agency: =DATEDIF(F2,NOW(), "y") & " years, "& DATEDIF(F2,NOW(), "ym") & " months, "& DATEDIF(F2,NOW(),"md") & " days" Column H = Date of promotion Column I = Rank Seniority: =DATEDIF(H2,NOW(), "y") & " years, "& DATEDIF(H2,NOW(),...

negative time values
not to worry, have found the answer but thanks anyway Mike ...

Pivot table
Hi, I have a table of data which includes and area number for each item (1 to 10) and a length for each item. I would like to find out how many lengths are less than a specified threshold, in each area. Is there a function in pivot tables that can tell me this? Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks Sean There's nothing in a pivot table that will calculate that. You could add a field to the source data, and use a formula to return a 1 if the length is less than the threshold. Then, add that field to the pivot table, and sum the amount. Sean wrote: > Hi, > > I have ...

Multiple email signatures using Word
They won't answer my question in the Word group, so maybe someone here can help me out. Using Word (XP, under Windows XP) as the email message editor. I can't figure out how to use the multiple signature feature. I need many, and I've been able to enter some new ones as I did in my old configuration. But I don't see where I'm allowed to insert the signatures. TIA, Carolyn Kay I found the answer, finally. CUMBERSOME workaround. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297332 Carolyn Kay "Carolyn Kay" <cmkay@rcn.com> wrote in message...

form couldn't refresh when using split form 08-14-07
Dear I got a problem with split form. I am not sure if it's a bug of access 2007. I added a label in my form named "lblFEType" and a section of code like this: Private Sub Form_Current() lblFEType.Caption = IIf(isHandler(Me![PayerNo]), "Import", "Export") End Sub It totally work when I use "Record Navigator Botton"(I am sure if it's the correct call in English version). But it wouldn't work when I jump the record by clicking the datasheet part of the split form. The bindedfield works fine and the data will show correctly, but the labe...

Hiding a total until all values are filled
I want to forcast certain dates based on a persons age. For example, my daughter was born on 11-5-96. I want to forcast her 8th, 12th, and 18th birthday. I am wanting to do this for a hundred or so youth at our church. So, I put in the following =DATE(YEAR(B1)+8,MONTH(B1),DAY(B1)) in A1. The problem I have is I have an incorrect date in A1 until a date is entered. Excel wants to put in 31-Dec-07 if B1 is blank. How can I keep A1 blank until I have entered B1 without entering it all in one at a time, the whole of column A will have the same equation with regards to its row. I am just new...

listing values to choose from based on value in another cell
What I am trying to do is list a drop down values based on the value selected in another cell. Possibly you could adapt this technique to your situation: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Debra Dalgleish's site. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MT" <MT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:911AADA8-201C-4586-8FAC-F9D1B9AF2062@microsoft.com... > What I am trying to do is list a drop down values based on the value selected > in another cell. ...

How to use the control MSChart?
1. I write a program using vc and control mschart,but I want to not to divisive equally,for example the y-axis is from -5 to 205 and I want to display the scale at 135,could you tell me how to do? 2. I want to display the chart that it can have different color,if the data is less than 135 it display blue,if the data is larger than 135, it display different color:it display blue from -5 to 135 and it display red from 136 to end,could you tell me how to solve it? Thank you. ...

decimal problem
Hi all I a very strange effect when using different decimal settings and calculating some values: DECLARE @Decimal1 decimal(5, 2) DECLARE @Decimal2 decimal(30, 2) SET @Decimal1 = 0.2 SET @Decimal2 = 0.2 SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal1)) SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal2)) The first result is correct (0.00000000025832000), the second is wrong, why ??? Thanks for any comments Best regards Frank Uray Hi Frank This is what happens when you multiple these precision&scales Precision 15 + 3...

Decimal
In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the nearest 0.5�C. Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole number, it leaves the decimal point out? eg 22�C or 22.5�C (not 22.�C or 22.0�C) Alan "Alan Cocks" <alandrob@netspace.net.au> wrote in message news:btlqhd$19fi$1@otis.netspace.net.au... > In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the > nearest 0.5�C. > Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole > number, it leaves the decimal point out? &g...

VBA code and decimals
I have some VBA code as this: rrows=lastrow/4 if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no decimal) How do I fix that Thanks I just did this and got 34.5 Sub lastrowdecimal() lastrow = 138 rrows = lastrow / 4 MsgBox rrows End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21838BC-42AA-48A3-9B0C-D2139287A187@microsoft.com... >I have some VBA code as this: > rrows=lastrow/4 > > if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no > decimal) >...

File in use Dialog box
When I open a file that is opened on the network by someone else it is not giving me the correct name of who has the file open. Where does the name it is giving me come from? I believe that it is the value in Tools>Options>General - User name. To make any use of this you have to ensure people properly maintain it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Chip" <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B0DDB45-95F7-4BF4-9D0B-838603A7ECFA@microsoft.com... > When I open a file that is opened on the network by someone els...

removing gap when controls have no value
Hi, Wonder if anyone might be able to help me out. In the detail section of Access report, there is three subreports laid out as follows subreport1 subreport2 subreport3 Depending on the certain criteria, subreport1 and subreport2 may appear in the report. subreport3 will always appear on the report. The problem that i'm having now is when subreport1 and subreport2 do not appear in the report, thet seem to occupy the space. Hence, when viewing the report, there is a huge gap. My question is whether there is a way of removing the gap there. Thank you in advance Use CanShink. 1. ...