Decimal Places #2

I am trying to use the following formula to display a text version of a number:

=TEXT(cell,"#.#")

To show numbers in a 0.0 format.

However, when I get to one figure 20.0 - it displays it as 20. rather than
as 20.0 (which is how I would like it to be displayed).

Does anyone know how to display the information in this format??
0
BoRed79 (33)
7/25/2007 8:50:04 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try this:

=TEXT(cell,"0.0")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 25, 9:50 am, BoRed79 <BoRe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am trying to use the following formula to display a text version of a number:
>
> =TEXT(cell,"#.#")
>
> To show numbers in a 0.0 format.
>
> However, when I get to one figure 20.0 - it displays it as 20. rather than
> as 20.0 (which is how I would like it to be displayed).
>
> Does anyone know how to display the information in this format??

0
pashurst (2576)
7/25/2007 9:21:06 AM
Thanks that worked great.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

> Try this:
>
> =TEXT(cell,"0.0")
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> On Jul 25, 9:50 am, BoRed79 <BoRe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to use the following formula to display a text version of a number:
> >
> > =TEXT(cell,"#.#")
> >
> > To show numbers in a 0.0 format.
> >
> > However, when I get to one figure 20.0 - it displays it as 20. rather than
> > as 20.0 (which is how I would like it to be displayed).
> >
> > Does anyone know how to display the information in this format??

0
BoRed79 (33)
7/25/2007 9:50:01 AM
You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Jul 25, 10:50 am, BoRed79 <BoRe...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Thanks that worked great.
>

> "Pete_UK" wrote:
> > Try this:
>
> > =TEXT(cell,"0.0")
>
> > Hope this helps.
>
> > Pete
>
> > On Jul 25, 9:50 am, BoRed79 <BoRe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > I am trying to use the following formula to display a text version of a number:
>
> > > =TEXT(cell,"#.#")
>
> > > To show numbers in a 0.0 format.
>
> > > However, when I get to one figure 20.0 - it displays it as 20. rather than
> > > as 20.0 (which is how I would like it to be displayed).
>
> > > Does anyone know how to display the information in this format??- Hide quoted text -

pashurst (2576)

Attaching files #2
I recently had a problem with Outlook and had to reload the whole operating system. Now when I attach files the show up in the body of the email. In the past they always showd up under the subject line along side the word "attachments". I would like them to show up under the subject line like before, but cannot find an option to change this. Please advise. Thanks tools, options, mail format and change it to plain text or html, not Rich Text. On 23 Apr 2004 10:54, "ELBrian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently had a problem with Outlo...

SOP NonInventory Unit Cost 6 Decimal Places
Is there any simple way to increase the currency decimal places to greater than the current highest value of 5? Thanx Scott, I don't believe there is any easy or even moderately difficult way to do this, as the field types used to store amounts in GP only go up to 5 decimal places. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Scott Rutledge" <sersoar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E102B81B-8555-400E-843C-240C58794294@microsoft.com... > Is there any...

Is Gasoline a sub-Cat of Automobile expense included in Schedule C #2
It never gave me a choice of schedule C on where to put the info on which tax form when I am entering categories and subcategories. I assume it did not give me a choice because the tax line it was defaulting to was the Automobile expense which is the main category and gasoline is the subcategory. Check the details for the category to be sure. "drsteve" <drsteve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86B48F6A-850A-4F17-9953-18E2D5B07E4A@microsoft.com... > It never gave me a choice of schedule C on where to put the info on which > tax > form when I am e...

Exchange 2000 #2
We are using an SBS server with Exchange 2000. Recently we had sent out a newsletter and all was grand, however we had some power issues and the server rebooted and resent the newsletter to all of our clients. We swapped our UPS again and found that the newsletter was sent yet again!!! I have gone into the System Manager Console and frankly don't know exactally what to look for. I've looked in the x.400 subsection under the Server and see an entry under Queues that reads: "SMTP (Server{SOME-LOOOONG-HEXADECIMAL-KEY})" with a Connection State of Active. I am thinking that this...

Reduce currency decimals
Hi, Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals. Thank you. KT I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there's Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Change Decimal Places This utility can change the decimal places for items. I don't know of any system-wide change for decimal places. Eleni "KT" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great > Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals....

Footer Date Format #2
Hi Is it possible to change the format of Date in the Header/ Foote Say, from the default M/D/YYYY to DD/MMM/YYY Than Sachin Hi AFAIK not directly possible. But you may use the following macro (put it in your workbook module - not in a standard module): Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In Me.Worksheets With wkSht.PageSetup .CenterFooter = Format(date,"DD/MMM/YYYY") End With Next wkSht End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Sachin wrote: > Hi! > > Is it possible to change the...

decimal problem
Hi all I a very strange effect when using different decimal settings and calculating some values: DECLARE @Decimal1 decimal(5, 2) DECLARE @Decimal2 decimal(30, 2) SET @Decimal1 = 0.2 SET @Decimal2 = 0.2 SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal1)) SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal2)) The first result is correct (0.00000000025832000), the second is wrong, why ??? Thanks for any comments Best regards Frank Uray Hi Frank This is what happens when you multiple these precision&scales Precision 15 + 3...

sumif function #2
I have several SUMIF formulas in a worksheet but can only get a calculation for a formula with only criteria like SUMIF A1:A9, "s", A2:A10. How do I make it work if the criteria is "s" or "SP" or "sb". etc.? Try a wildcard as in =SUMIF(A1:A6,"s*",B1:B6) Also look at SUMPRODUCT; see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html Go to source >> -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "John Smith" <toysnivy@ptd.net> wrote in mes...

2 Forms and 2 tables
there are 2 forms (main & sub) when i make a new record in main form, the new record is not yet saved / created in table then i click the sub form button (by macro - openform) for creating sub-record of this new record. but there is error cos the new record (main form) has not been created and so the sub record cannot be created too. how should i do? i do not find save macro command so that i can save the main form record before creating subform record. Thanks a lot. tony Tony, The macro Action to save the record is RunCommand/SaveRecord. But I would normally expect that t...

Decimal
In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the nearest 0.5�C. Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole number, it leaves the decimal point out? eg 22�C or 22.5�C (not 22.�C or 22.0�C) Alan "Alan Cocks" <alandrob@netspace.net.au> wrote in message news:btlqhd$19fi$1@otis.netspace.net.au... > In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the > nearest 0.5�C. > Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole > number, it leaves the decimal point out? &g...

no-ip with exch 2003 #2
I am unable to get my DDNS service to work with exchange 2003. I am sure it is the way I have it configured on my end. Every message sits in the queue and says unable to connect with the server or unable to deliver the message in the time specified. I can do a nslookup q=mx and it's there but that's for the no-ip MX record. What sould my local MX recrord FQDN read? What should my FQDN be of the Exch (SMTP) Server? On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 19:02:05 GMT, "Brian Paris" <bombparis@hotmail.com> wrote: >I am unable to get my DDNS service to work with exchange 2003. I...

Backup pst #2
I have unistalled pfbackup (I thought)and wanted to reinstall it. However the installation detects a previous installation and suggests unistalling it by clicking "OK". It then gives a dialogue saying it will have to be unistalled from windows Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel, but it isn't there either. Any clues out there to help me? Glen ...

comparing 2 data
Dear All, i have a master data from client and my data from data entry. Now i want to compare from both data. ie, sheet1 (master data from client) Names Age reza aditia 25 bobby 19 Cathy Sharon 20 etc now in sheet2 (my data from data entry) names age tony 25 bobby 19 rezaaditia 25 CathySharon 20 i can use countifs formula, but the problems is the names in both data doesn't same. in sheet1 Reza Aditia using space and in sheet2 Rezaaditia w/o space, and like...

Printing checks #2
When printing checks it looks like I have to go to the 'select payables checks window' and select my "range" of vendors to pay. This is very time consuming. How can i simply do a check run without having to select each vendor i want to pay? I have to pay checks to over 100 vendors and i want to simply click "Print Checks". Don't put a range of vendors. If you don't enter a vendor range, then it will build a batch of checks that pay all outstanding payables. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > When printing checks i...

VBA code and decimals
I have some VBA code as this: rrows=lastrow/4 if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no decimal) How do I fix that Thanks I just did this and got 34.5 Sub lastrowdecimal() lastrow = 138 rrows = lastrow / 4 MsgBox rrows End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21838BC-42AA-48A3-9B0C-D2139287A187@microsoft.com... >I have some VBA code as this: > rrows=lastrow/4 > > if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no > decimal) >...

Currency and the number of decimal places
I have an application which has neen running for a number of years, firstly on Access2000 then XP and now on Access 2003. It uses many currency fields for invoicing , credit notes etc. Each field which is of currency type has the decimal property set to 2. Up until recently the ATB balanced fine but lately it has been a few cents out. The reason is that some amounts have been put in with 3 decimal places and some calculations (eg GST of 10% of $398.68 returning to the GST field a value of $39.868) returning 3 decimal places. I guess with the calculations, I can code to make sure only ...

Search 2 fields simultaneously
I have a form that I would like to be able to search 2 fields at once on. In my table I have First Name and Last Name in 2 seperate fields. As far as I can tell, the only options are to search either the First Name, the Last Name, or the whole form. I would like to be able to search First Name and Last Name together, so if I am looking for Bob Smith and there are multiple Bob's and multiple Smith's in my table I don't have to scroll through all of them. Thanks in advance. Not really a good idea to use DLookUp for this as you may have 2 Bob Smiths Best bet would...

MFC vs. WinForms #2
I need to design a program with a GUI using the Microsoft Visual Studio platform. I have substantial experience writing programs with Borland C++ Builder, but I have not used Visual Studio before. I would like to gather some opinions on whether I should learn MFC for the design, or whether I should make the leap to using C# and the WinForms approach (I have no experience with C#). Basically, I would like to find out the tradeoffs (i.e. learning curves, reusability, portability, etc.). Also, I am unclear as to why WinForms are unavailable in Visual C++ .NET, since my understanding is that W...

MS Outlook Installation Problem #2
I have installed MS Outlook from my Office 2003 CD. When I open the program up, I cannot get to the Calender. I go to the VIEW menu and I still cannot get to the Calender. I want to use Outlook vice Outlook Express on my home computer. Any suggestions of what I may be doing wrong that will allow me to see the calender?? ...

Splitting 1 cell w/2 words into 2 separate cells
Hey everyone! I have a listing of fantasy football players listed as (Firstname Lastname) in one cell. How can I split them up, so the first name is in one cell, and the last name in another? I need this so I can then sort by last name. Thank you! Gary Gary, Select the column, then use Data - Text to columns. Specify a space as the delimiter. Ensure that the next column is currently empty first. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Gary Hopkins" <garyh@somewhereoutthere.com> wrote in message news:41...

Column to rows #2
Folks: I have a bunch of information in a single column of a spread sheet. I would like to "INVERT" this infomation so that this column becomes a row.and all information is preserved. * Is there a way to accomplish this goal - within Excel 2003 - without loss of any information? Thanks, Jo. What version of Excel? 2003 down to 97 have only 256 columns so the the amount of data you can transpose from one column to one row is 256 cells. 2007 has 16384 columns. Insert a new row above your column of data. Select the data and copy. Select A1 Edit>Paste Special>Trans...

End of column #2
We cut and paste data into a spreadsheet and the data includes a variable number of rows holding numeric data and then text. How do I put in a sum formula which will sum from a known starting cell down to a cell (varying) without trying to add in the text?. -- Brisbane Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25096 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389482 The Sum() function ignores text. You could very well use a formula like: ...

No decimals?
Hello! Is it possible to stop Money (2005) from using decimal places in the base currency? I am using a currency that uses only integers and no cents (because cents are almost worthless), and invoices amounts usually get some cents due to sales tax calculations, Is it possible to get rid of them? I find this very annoying since cents accumulate over several transactions, and end up with an slightly unreal balance... Thanks! Keiv Hi, It was possible in older version (pobably until 2001). You had to change the Windows's regional settings in the control panel before a new file creatio...

Table #2
I have a list of accounts payable with the name (in column A) and the due date (in column B) and the amount (in column C). I want to re-create this, sorted by name (in column A) and the due dates at the top of each column, with the amount placed in the cell which intersects with the name and the date. I have an example as a simple attachment if you can tell me how to display it. Does this sound like I should use a Pivot Table, or a Macro, or can you please provide me some help. Regards.. Try Data > Filter > Autofilter Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "sbs" <sbs56@hotmail....

Decimal number to percentage formula (newbie question)
I've got a column full of numbers like 0.5, 1.0, etc. I need them to look like 0.500%. I figured out how to format the cells so that 0.5 looks like 0.500, but when I change the cell format to percentage, it makes 0.500 into 50.000%. So I figured out how to make a formula that divides 0.500 by 100 (=R1C6/100), resulting in 0.005, which I can format to a percentage and get 0.500%. Where I'm stumped is in applying that formula to the entire column. Instead of =R1C6/100, I want my formula to say =all rowsC6/100. How do I tell it {allrows}? Thanks for putting up with a newbie Ken Benson ...