Debra Dalgleish-help with worksheet data entry

Hi Debra,

I browsed your website and found this new data entry
worksheet(http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html) which was very good and
i showed my boss.He liked the idea of it and thus asked me to work on
it.I managed to add a few more fields and it worked fine.

I have a cell named "Documentation to support requirement" at B11 and
its corresponding text box at D11.My problem now is that at D11, i need
two kind of controls one is drop down list box for document type and
another control is text box for document name.How do i achieve this? i
need both of this control's answer to be combined into one string(one
cell) not in different cells.
i hope u can understand my request.if you can provide me the modified
coding it would be great.
i am really poor in coding.:(

If query one is solved, my ext question will be how can i modify it to
allow multiple entries into singel cell. i might need more than one doc
type n doc name.

pls help, it is really urgent. i was supposed to complete this before
new year but since they saw the new idea, they extended the dateline.i
m moving on to new job thus i need to complete this and ensure it runs
error free.

p/s: if any other MVP/user understand my request, please respond.

Thanks a lot in advance

0
kevi.mel (17)
1/8/2007 2:58:39 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could add a calculation in a hidden row on the worksheet, where you
combine the values in the document type and document name cells.
For example, in cell D14, enter:  =D10 & "; " & D12
Hide row 14.

In the code, add cell D14 to the cells that are being copied, instead of
copying D10 and D12.

If users need to add multiple entries, you could create another couple
of cells for data entry, e.g. Doc2 Type and Doc2 Name. In the hidden
cells, combine the data from all cells.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)
1/8/2007 4:16:04 AM
Hi Debra,

I tried the first portion and it worked great. However there is one
drawback in which after we click add to database, the D10 and D12 cells
are not cleared as it is not specified in the mycopy range.

Can you please tell me what formula do we use for multiple entries?
The formula you gave works for one pair of doctype n doc name.
Please teach me the syntax.(i know this is way too simple but i admit i
am pretty bad in this)

=D11&":"&F11 &chr(10)& D13&":"&F13 ( i tried this but its giving me an
error).

Thanks a lot.

Debra Dalgleish wrote:
> You could add a calculation in a hidden row on the worksheet, where you
> combine the values in the document type and document name cells.
> For example, in cell D14, enter:  =D10 & "; " & D12
> Hide row 14.
>
> In the code, add cell D14 to the cells that are being copied, instead of
> copying D10 and D12.
>
> If users need to add multiple entries, you could create another couple
> of cells for data entry, e.g. Doc2 Type and Doc2 Name. In the hidden
> cells, combine the data from all cells.
>
> kev wrote:
> > Hi Debra,
> >
> > I browsed your website and found this new data entry
> > worksheet(http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html) which was very good and
> > i showed my boss.He liked the idea of it and thus asked me to work on
> > it.I managed to add a few more fields and it worked fine.
> >
> > I have a cell named "Documentation to support requirement" at B11 and
> > its corresponding text box at D11.My problem now is that at D11, i need
> > two kind of controls one is drop down list box for document type and
> > another control is text box for document name.How do i achieve this? i
> > need both of this control's answer to be combined into one string(one
> > cell) not in different cells.
> > i hope u can understand my request.if you can provide me the modified
> > coding it would be great.
> > i am really poor in coding.:(
> >
> > If query one is solved, my ext question will be how can i modify it to
> > allow multiple entries into singel cell. i might need more than one doc
> > type n doc name.
> >
> > pls help, it is really urgent. i was supposed to complete this before
> > new year but since they saw the new idea, they extended the dateline.i
> > m moving on to new job thus i need to complete this and ensure it runs
> > error free.
> >
> > p/s: if any other MVP/user understand my request, please respond.
> >

> > Thanks a lot in advance
> >

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Contextures

kevi.mel (17)
1/8/2007 6:29:02 AM
Just add

                .Range("D10,D12").ClearContents

after the End With in this portion of the code.
    With inputWks
      On Error Resume Next
         With .Range(myCopy).Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)
              .ClearContents
              Application.Goto .Cells(1) ', Scroll:=True
         End With
      On Error GoTo 0
    End WithYou shouldn't add multiple entries to one cell, you should treat
these as new items, maybe using the same id, so the user would add them one
at a time and they would get a new line on the target sheet.

--  HTH
Bob Phillips

"kev" <kevi.mel@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Debra,
>
> I tried the first portion and it worked great. However there is one
> drawback in which after we click add to database, the D10 and D12 cells
> are not cleared as it is not specified in the mycopy range.
>
> Can you please tell me what formula do we use for multiple entries?
> The formula you gave works for one pair of doctype n doc name.
> Please teach me the syntax.(i know this is way too simple but i admit i
> am pretty bad in this)
>
> =D11&":"&F11 &chr(10)& D13&":"&F13 ( i tried this but its giving me an
> error).
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Debra Dalgleish wrote:
> > You could add a calculation in a hidden row on the worksheet, where you
> > combine the values in the document type and document name cells.
> > For example, in cell D14, enter:  =D10 & "; " & D12
> > Hide row 14.
> >
> > In the code, add cell D14 to the cells that are being copied, instead of
> > copying D10 and D12.
> >
> > If users need to add multiple entries, you could create another couple
> > of cells for data entry, e.g. Doc2 Type and Doc2 Name. In the hidden
> > cells, combine the data from all cells.
> >
> > kev wrote:
> > > Hi Debra,
> > >
> > > I browsed your website and found this new data entry
> > > worksheet(http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html) which was very good
and
> > > i showed my boss.He liked the idea of it and thus asked me to work on
> > > it.I managed to add a few more fields and it worked fine.
> > >
> > > I have a cell named "Documentation to support requirement" at B11 and
> > > its corresponding text box at D11.My problem now is that at D11, i
need
> > > two kind of controls one is drop down list box for document type and
> > > another control is text box for document name.How do i achieve this? i
> > > need both of this control's answer to be combined into one string(one
> > > cell) not in different cells.
> > > i hope u can understand my request.if you can provide me the modified
> > > coding it would be great.
> > > i am really poor in coding.:(
> > >
> > > If query one is solved, my ext question will be how can i modify it to
> > > allow multiple entries into singel cell. i might need more than one
doc
> > > type n doc name.
> > >
> > > pls help, it is really urgent. i was supposed to complete this before
> > > new year but since they saw the new idea, they extended the dateline.i
> > > m moving on to new job thus i need to complete this and ensure it runs
> > > error free.
> > >
> > > p/s: if any other MVP/user understand my request, please respond.
> > >

> > > Thanks a lot in advance
> > >

> > --
> > Debra Dalgleish
> > Contextures
> > http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
1/8/2007 8:25:49 AM
Hi Bob,

Thanks a lot for the feedback, it solved my woes. But if it is done as
your suggestion below, it will create many lines with same repeating
facts except for the changes in doc name. How will i be able to
compress it into one line?(i need it to serve as a master sheet).so
when i look at a particular line, i know that this particular "law" has
corresponding 3 or 4 documents rather than to sort it by id later. And
also what if at a particular time, the user has to input lets say 3
documents, do they need to fill the entire form three times?

Do correct me if i am wrong.If you have a solution, pls post me the
details plus coding if any(i m pretty bad at coding).

Thanks a lot.
Bob Phillips wrote:
> Just add
>
>                 .Range("D10,D12").ClearContents
>
> after the End With in this portion of the code.
>     With inputWks
>       On Error Resume Next
>          With .Range(myCopy).Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)
>               .ClearContents
>               Application.Goto .Cells(1) ', Scroll:=True
>          End With
>       On Error GoTo 0
>     End WithYou shouldn't add multiple entries to one cell, you should treat
> these as new items, maybe using the same id, so the user would add them one
> at a time and they would get a new line on the target sheet.
>
> --  HTH
> Bob Phillips
>
> (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct)
>
> "kev" <kevi.mel@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Debra,
> >
> > I tried the first portion and it worked great. However there is one
> > drawback in which after we click add to database, the D10 and D12 cells
> > are not cleared as it is not specified in the mycopy range.
> >
> > Can you please tell me what formula do we use for multiple entries?
> > The formula you gave works for one pair of doctype n doc name.
> > Please teach me the syntax.(i know this is way too simple but i admit i
> > am pretty bad in this)
> >
> > =D11&":"&F11 &chr(10)& D13&":"&F13 ( i tried this but its giving me an
> > error).
> >
> > Thanks a lot.
> >
> > Debra Dalgleish wrote:
> > > You could add a calculation in a hidden row on the worksheet, where you
> > > combine the values in the document type and document name cells.
> > > For example, in cell D14, enter:  =D10 & "; " & D12
> > > Hide row 14.
> > >
> > > In the code, add cell D14 to the cells that are being copied, instead of
> > > copying D10 and D12.
> > >
> > > If users need to add multiple entries, you could create another couple
> > > of cells for data entry, e.g. Doc2 Type and Doc2 Name. In the hidden
> > > cells, combine the data from all cells.

> and

> need

> doc

> > > --
> > > Debra Dalgleish
> > > Contextures
> > > http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
kevi.mel (17)
1/8/2007 9:21:47 AM
In the database, you definitely should NOT compress it into one line, it
makes data maintenance so difficult. If you want to see it all together, you
should create a view of the data, maybe by filtering the id.

--

> Hi Bob,
>
> Thanks a lot for the feedback, it solved my woes. But if it is done as
> your suggestion below, it will create many lines with same repeating
> facts except for the changes in doc name. How will i be able to
> compress it into one line?(i need it to serve as a master sheet).so
> when i look at a particular line, i know that this particular "law" has
> corresponding 3 or 4 documents rather than to sort it by id later. And
> also what if at a particular time, the user has to input lets say 3
> documents, do they need to fill the entire form three times?
>
> Do correct me if i am wrong.If you have a solution, pls post me the
> details plus coding if any(i m pretty bad at coding).
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Bob Phillips wrote:
> > Just add
> >
> >                 .Range("D10,D12").ClearContents
> >
> > after the End With in this portion of the code.
> >     With inputWks
> >       On Error Resume Next
> >          With .Range(myCopy).Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)
> >               .ClearContents
> >               Application.Goto .Cells(1) ', Scroll:=True
> >          End With
> >       On Error GoTo 0
> >     End WithYou shouldn't add multiple entries to one cell, you should
treat
> > these as new items, maybe using the same id, so the user would add them
one
> > at a time and they would get a new line on the target sheet.
> >
> > --  HTH
> > Bob Phillips
> >
> > (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct)
> >
> > "kev" <kevi.mel@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Debra,
> > >
> > > I tried the first portion and it worked great. However there is one
> > > drawback in which after we click add to database, the D10 and D12
cells
> > > are not cleared as it is not specified in the mycopy range.
> > >
> > > Can you please tell me what formula do we use for multiple entries?
> > > The formula you gave works for one pair of doctype n doc name.
> > > Please teach me the syntax.(i know this is way too simple but i admit
> > > am pretty bad in this)
> > >
> > > =D11&":"&F11 &chr(10)& D13&":"&F13 ( i tried this but its giving me an
> > > error).
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot.

> > and

> > need

> > doc

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
1/8/2007 10:00:16 AM
kev

Syntax change...................

=D11&":"&F11 &CHAR(10)& D13&":"&F13

But I think you should listen to Bob about not compressing multiples into one
line.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On 7 Jan 2007 22:29:02 -0800, "kev" <kevi.mel@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Debra,
>
>I tried the first portion and it worked great. However there is one
>drawback in which after we click add to database, the D10 and D12 cells
>are not cleared as it is not specified in the mycopy range.
>
>Can you please tell me what formula do we use for multiple entries?
>The formula you gave works for one pair of doctype n doc name.
>Please teach me the syntax.(i know this is way too simple but i admit i
>am pretty bad in this)
>
>=D11&":"&F11 &chr(10)& D13&":"&F13 ( i tried this but its giving me an
>error).
>
>Thanks a lot.
>
>Debra Dalgleish wrote:
>> You could add a calculation in a hidden row on the worksheet, where you
>> combine the values in the document type and document name cells.
>> For example, in cell D14, enter:  =D10 & "; " & D12
>> Hide row 14.
>>
>> In the code, add cell D14 to the cells that are being copied, instead of
>> copying D10 and D12.
>>
>> If users need to add multiple entries, you could create another couple
>> of cells for data entry, e.g. Doc2 Type and Doc2 Name. In the hidden
>> cells, combine the data from all cells.
>>
>> kev wrote:
>> > Hi Debra,
>> >
>> > I browsed your website and found this new data entry
>> > worksheet(http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html) which was very good and
>> > i showed my boss.He liked the idea of it and thus asked me to work on
>> > it.I managed to add a few more fields and it worked fine.
>> >
>> > I have a cell named "Documentation to support requirement" at B11 and
>> > its corresponding text box at D11.My problem now is that at D11, i need
>> > two kind of controls one is drop down list box for document type and
>> > another control is text box for document name.How do i achieve this? i
>> > need both of this control's answer to be combined into one string(one
>> > cell) not in different cells.
>> > i hope u can understand my request.if you can provide me the modified
>> > coding it would be great.
>> > i am really poor in coding.:(
>> >
>> > If query one is solved, my ext question will be how can i modify it to
>> > allow multiple entries into singel cell. i might need more than one doc
>> > type n doc name.
>> >
>> > pls help, it is really urgent. i was supposed to complete this before
>> > new year but since they saw the new idea, they extended the dateline.i
>> > m moving on to new job thus i need to complete this and ensure it runs
>> > error free.
>> >
>> > p/s: if any other MVP/user understand my request, please respond.
>> >

>> > Thanks a lot in advance
>> >

>> --
>> Debra Dalgleish
>> Contextures
>> http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
Gord

Somehow I created a Macro in a worksheet.
I created a macro in an Excel worksheet somehow. I didn't try to, it just happened. Now everytime I open that workbook, it asks me if I want to run the macro, disable it, etc. How the hell do I get rid of the macro? It doesn't show up under tools, macros. And it apparently doesn't do anything either because I can disable it and nothing different happens. Who invented this system anyway? Thanks, V When you record a macro, a module is created to store the macro code. There are instructions here for removing the module that is causing the prompt to appear: http://www.c...

How to access data buffers in a completion routine for a KMDF driv
I'm porting a WDM upper filter driver to KMDF version. I have two questions about data accessing in a completion routine. 1. In the completion routine of my WDM upper filter driver, it was able to retrieve data from Irp->AssociatedIrp.SystemBuffer( The IRP is using Method Neither I/O, and the data was set by function driver). How to do this for my KMDF driver? 2. In the completion routine of my WDM upper filter driver, it was able to retrieve data by calling MmGetSystemAddressForMdlSafe(Irp->MdlAddress, NormalPagePriority)( The IRP is using Method Neither I/O, and t...

BackUp Help Please
i have outlook 2003, and have always used the automatic backup. It used to have a tab under file on the menu bar that said backup,and now it is gone. any help would be greatly appreciated G'Day Keith, Outlook backup is an AddIn, and not a regular feature. You can download it at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b081f3a-b7d0-4b16-b8af-5a6322f4fd01&DisplayLang=en -- Regards, Pat Garard Melbourne, Australia _______________________ "Keith Girdley" <keithg@tltinc.com> wrote in message news:dk8ou6$81m$1@news3.infoave.net... >i have outloo...

Debra Dalglish
Dear Debra I posted this message but no one answered, I thought you might have the answer. Please help. 1. How would I use macro to automatically update a pivot table when I have made changes to the database sheet? 2. I have the following database, Staff ID Dept Amount AH100 AH 50 AH101 AH 100 LC100 LC 200 Is it possible to have a calculated field with the amount divided by the number of staff in each department? 1. You can use programming to automatically update the pivot table when a change is made t...

Help with a day of week formula
I'd like to look up the date (7/14/03) in one cell and return the day of the week (Monday) as text in another cell. TIA Dave <Dave Potter> wrote... >I'd like to look up the date (7/14/03) in one cell and return the day >of the week (Monday) as text in another cell. TIA =TEXT(SomeDate,"dddd") On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 22:27:05 -0400, Dave Potter <> wrote: >I'd like to look up the date (7/14/03) in one cell and return the day >of the week (Monday) as text in another cell. TIA >Dave =TEXT(TODAY(),"dddd") will return the day of the week...

DV0017
I created a DV with multiple selection using Debra's code and made minor modification. It worked before but now it does not work. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo exitHandler Dim rngDV As Range Dim lRow As Long Dim lCol As Long lCol = Target.Column 'column with data validation cell If Target.Count > 1 Then GoTo exitHandler On Error Resume Next Set rngDV = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllValidation) On Error GoTo exitHandler If rngDV Is Nothing Then GoTo exitHandler If Intersect(Target, rngDV) Is Nothing Then 'do nothing E...

Data Validation #35
Hi, I was wondering how to prevent duplicate data using data validation. Thanks Take a look at Chip Peason's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm Mohamed wrote: > > Hi, > I was wondering how to prevent duplicate data using data validation. > Thanks -- Dave Peterson ...

Expandlig number of entries in "Move to folder" list
Is there any way to expand the list of "Move to folder" entries beyond the 10 that seem to be programmed into Outlook. Move to folder is a great feature, and since I use it so often, with about 15 - 20 common folders, the limitation of only having 10 entries means that, at any point in time, at least 5 of my common entries are not on the list, and must be selected again, using a browse method. After browsing, they are once again on the list, but some other common folder has now been eliminated. You can use rules to move items to folders that are commonly used for the Mo...

launching html help with F1
Hello I am not able to launch html help by using shell execute. My code for help looks like BOOL CAccessIPhoneDlg::OnHelpInfo(HELPINFO* pHelpInfo) { // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default //return CDialog::OnHelpInfo(pHelpInfo); return true; } Please let me know your suggestions Thanks Ravi ...

macro to copy and edit then delete a worksheet
I have created a macro that will open the workbook, print preview, copy a worksheet. After I create the copy I want to edit the contents then print a range. Upon exiting I want to delete the copy I created save and close the workbook. I have been able to do everything except do the editing in the worksheet before the macro prints, deletes and closes. Any suggestions Are you copying the worksheet to a new workbook? If yes, then you can do all your editing, print it and just close that workbook. Since that workbook hasn't been saved, you don't need to delete it. Kind of... ...

Help with Soap
Hi I am new to SOAP infact I know nothing abt it. We have a web service and Soap calls are made to it. I have the custom code to it but I don't even know how to run it or how to make connection to it. What I did is I saved the code as an XML file but when I open with IE it gives me following error: Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource May be I am doing it al...

Default Data File
Hello: I am trying to work out a smooth transition for users from their existing PST files to Exchange Mailboxes. Most will probably want to keep the PST for accessing non-Exchange accounts. It appears that if you connect Outlook (with an existing PST and mail accounts) to Exchange that the Exchange Mailbox must be the default Data File. (That is, it must if you want Exchange to have functionality beyond being a glorified POP account.) Further, when you allow Exchange to be the default, it's Categories, Colors, Calendar, and Address Books all become defaults. I know how to change t...

i need help with error on deleting rows in vba #2
Thanks Dave you hit the nail on the head. some of the rows below g25 were neve touched. your code fixed it. thanks -- GregJ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- GregJG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1106 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26123 ...

Data From Multiple Table
hi i have 3 tables with 1 Form, now this form takes data for 2 table from user and from same this form if sumbody clicks on list box it opens 2 forms which takes data for 2 table. now the problems is when user click this list box..it also stores the list items in second table n all other field on this form is from 1st table .This list box has 4 items in listbox but 2 table doesnt store repeat data of this listbox . may be this consfusing but pls help me out?? this listbox item should be save in second table as user clicks on this form. Regards Husain ...

I need help
I too can not set up an e-mail address. I use 'comcast.net' Which version of Outlook? Do you have settings for Comcast you can share with us? -- Bill R "Gray-Line" <Gray-Line@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0065C07-5737-44EF-8AAC-25E16D71498D@microsoft.com... >I too can not set up an e-mail address. I use 'comcast.net' Outlook 2003 / Don't know were to find the 'settings' info "BillR" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > Do you have settings for Comcast you can share with us? > > -- > Bill R ...

Help with Money2004 Help
The help files in Money 2004 are not responding. The help program runs, but it cannot find any data. It appears to be a registry corruption or missing files. I have tried reinstalling, but got no change in behavior. Please help. DC Try deleting all Internet temporary files in Internet Options. This has solved lots of people's help file problems. You'd like to think Microsoft would have fixed this, but guess again. "Donald Christian" <dbchrist@advantexmail.net> wrote in message news:vp2qmo33kglqf6@corp.supernews.com... > The help files in Money 2004 are not re...

How do you print pages 1 AND 3 in a worksheet? #2
I have tried all three methods you guys gave - but I get the sam message with each... Runtime error 9. Script Out of Range What is this telling me. How do I modify those commands to suit my spreadsheet -- SirLoi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SirLoin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1593 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27413 That means that you do not have a worksheet with the requested name. Perhaps you should change the name of the request (sheet1) in the macro or ...

URGENT HELP NEEDED
URGENT HELP NEEDED - Can Not Start Microsoft Exchange Directory service on local computer. We tried to use the ESEUTIL.exe comand to defrag our Exchange server 5.5 this last night. Now we can not get anything to run. PLEASE HELP ASAP. We try to start the services on our Exchange 5.5 computer, but no luck. All the echange services state: "Could not start the Microsoft Exchange Directory service on Local Computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service error. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.&...

Help me for these sql line case please
Hi guys I'm newbie on sql structure and syntax. And I have this problem : I have 3 table : Table_A FieldA1 FieldA2 a01 John a02 James a03 Bob a04 Sandra Table_B FieldB1 FieldB2 b01 Desk b02 Chair b03 Sofa b04 Saddle b05 Cradle Table_C FieldC1 FieldC2 c01 Computer c02 Phone c03 Calculator c04 VCR c05 TV c06 DVD c07 CD I want to manage those tables with the queries and the output datasheet will look like this FieldA1 FieldA2 FieldB1 FieldB2 FieldC1 FieldC2 FieldD1 a0...

Help! What is Outlook sending?
OS: Windows 2000 Product: Outlook 2002 Connection: Comcast Cable Mail: Comcast POP3 mail server (mail.comcast.net) Question(s): Every so often (4th or 5th time) when I perform a Send/Receive, Outlook will send out a message that I had in no way composed myself. A few seconds later Norton Antivirus 2002 confirms this with a "Sending Message" window. And the "Sent Messages" folder does not reflect a message being sent. Just what is it that outlook is sending? I'm very sure it isn't spamware or spyware, since one time this happened after a fresh install of my ...

Excel Index of Worksheet Headers
I have a worksheet that is generated by Buisness Intellegience application. The report generates over 400 worksheets. I need a way to create an index that shows a combintation of both the worktab and the first two rows of each worksheet. Is that a possibility? Thanks, Jule EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Bspline Curves in c# http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b00bced6-eee5-4f5d-8bb9-19ccac9133ab/bspline-curves-in-c.aspx Julie Cook wrote: > I have a worksheet that is generated by Buisness Intellegience application. The report generates over 400 workshe...

How can I parse this kind of data...?
I have a field with names in it and I would like to get the first and last names, but the data looks like this. Jim Bob Brown Jim Billy Bob Brown Jim B Brown If I can assume that the first name is Jim and the last name is brown I could live with that. I don't really need the middle part(s). The names are separated by space. I'm using Access 2003. Any great ideas on how to parse this date into first and last names? Thanks Kelvin You can use Instr() to get the first space, or InstrRev() to get the last space. Then use Left() or Mid() to parse the word from the field. Alterna...

Please help: Interrupt routine to get input from key
I want to create a loop so the program will look for the actual keyboard input (not a program sendkey nor the virtual key) , say "arrow_down" key, and when it sees the change, it does something else. Here is my loop: Dim keystat(0 To 255) As Byte While keystat(40) <> 1 ' keystat(40) is arrow down key ' Check if the arrow down key has been pressed ' This is where I could not see the change. Need some interrupt loop to ' enter keyboard such as input (but I don't want to see it shows on the screen) retval = GetKeyboardState(ke...

Statement HELP!!
We are using GP 7.5 and becoming familiar with SOP module. As we are testing our statements, is there a way that the only items that print are the open invoices. We don't want to see partial payments or returns. I was able to just show one balance but we would like to show the invoice detail with nothing else. I am not sure if this is a strange request but I need to let our AR dept know the options. If someone could give me some input, I would appreciate. HELP!! Thanks Barb By 'open' invoices, I assume you mean invoices that have not been completely paid. In order to ...

Help Creating A Formula
I need to create a formula that will add cells e2 through e9 if they sa ms fuel in cells c2 through c9 Attachment filename: sample spread.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=45046 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =SUMIF(C2:C9,"ms fuel",E2:E9) should do that for you. (and I'll have 2 chocos please ;) ) Rob "chocolab61571 >" <<chocolab61571.120nhm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:chocolab61571.120nhm@excelforum-nospam.com... > I need to create a formula that will...