Dealing with Named Ranges when Importing Worksheet from Another File

When you are using range and name functions a lot, what's the best way
of importing a worksheet from another file?  It goes through a whole
loop where asking whether to use the name defined in the destination
sheet.  I just press the enter down until but there must be a better
way.
0
excel8208 (9)
5/19/2007 3:52:06 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Japanese in file names
I have little or no problem using Japanese within a word or entourage document (apart from sometimes yampy character display within a word document that can be irritating), but none of the office apps can handle Japanese in the file names. Totally screws it up. Does anyone else suffer from the same problem, and if so can it be fixed, without buying a Japanese version of office. If I do get a Japanese version of office, is it possible to get the menus up in English? ...

CFileDialog and file selections
Hello, I've derived CFileDialog and added my own button to the default toolbar. The propose of my derived file dialog is for choosing images from a directory and its subfolder. The new button, enables the user to import image from another directory. When the user presses the new button a standard file dialog is opened and the user chooses an image file. Aftre the standard file dialog is closed the focus is back to my derived cfiledialog class. The selected file is copied to the current directory (of my dervied cfile dialog). This process is working, and all I need to do and I don't...

Contact Full Name not being populated through Workflow rule
In the Workflow manager under Case, I have a Create workflow fule that upon certain conditions creates a CRM task for me. In the Description of the task I am including several "slugs" One for the Case Number, one for the Account name, one for the Contact full name, and one for the case subject title. All work except the contact full name. It never returns anything. I am not sure if this is a limitation of these programs, the way we have it configured, or me. Could someone please instruct me on how to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Jarrad In your test record, Is the Case...

how to deal with reimbursement?
Hi, I created a sub category "reimbursement" in the "health" category. My goal is that the health expenses represent really what it costed me. The problem is that the "health" category display only shows debits. It doesn't take into account the reimbursements. In the same manner, for the budget, health reimbursements only appear as revenues. I didn't find any way to deduct them from the health expenses. I encounter the same problem with business expenses: I have to do myself the difference between expenses and reimbursement. Have somebody find any...

import error: "not a personal folders file."
I exported my contacts from Outlook on my work PC. Now I'm trying to import into my one at home, and I get an error that it is not a valid personal folders file. Any help would be appreciated. I have already made sure it is not read-only. In article <0cbb01c34623$366f2840$a501280a@phx.gbl>, teg@remove.gernon.com says... > I exported my contacts from Outlook on my work PC. Now > I'm trying to import into my one at home, and I get an > error that it is not a valid personal folders file. Any > help would be appreciated. I have already made sure it is > not r...

Maximum Excel file size #2
I created an Excel file (62MB) yesterday on this PC and was able to save it to the hard drive. When I attempt to open it today, it causes an error “Not enough memory� The PC has 1.7GHz processor w/ 524MB RAM. Is this not enough power to open this file? Why did it let me save the file yesterday and not open it today? Any other ideas as to what the issue may be When looking at the Processes tab in Task Manager, the Memory Usage is approx. 105MB with nothing running. It seems that there should be enough memory to open the Excel file Thanks a bunch for your help Excel has it's own in...

Dynamic Range #3
I have the following function defining the range "Grips". (The first value to be used in the "M" column is in Row 3.) =OFFSET(Jobs!$M$3,0,0,COUNTA(Jobs!$M:$M),1) I then use the name "Grips" as a validation list "Source". It works fine other than I get all the values plus a blank space at the bottom of my drop-down list. Any ideas? Sandy What's in M1:M2? Remember your =counta($m:$m) is including those cells, too. I'd put something in both cells. If I want to make it look like that cell is blank, I'll use a formula: ="" ...

Define Local Name using Name Box
I have an Excel 97 file example with sheets "Red" and "Blue". In cell Red:A1 the range name "SheetName" has been defined. I would like to define the same range name "SheetName" in cell Blue:B1 as a local name, using the Name Box on the left-hand side of the formula bar, rather than Insert | Name | Define from the menu. I have seen the syntax previously on this, and have forgotten the procedure. Thanks for your help. Chris S. Just include the sheet name in the name box: Sheet2!SheetName note that SheetName will still be a workbook-level na...

Retrospective Cell Naming
If I set up a spreadsheet that includes references of the form =C3 etc, if I then define a name for cell C3 (eg "cost"), then I have to manually go back through the spreadsheet to find references to C3 and change them to the name. Is there a clever way (other than find and replace) to automatically or via macro etc to go through a spreadsheet at replace all relative references with the name reference? Any ideas? See "Apply Names" in Excel help. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "pom15595" <pom15595@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

AUTOMATIC FILE SAVING in a folder
I generate quiotations from a template and create a code name for each quotation in cells B7 to F7 as follows. TEMPLATE CODE XXX QUOTATION CODE BUZ 7/07/2009 abc 156 Can I save this DEFdef,..) and the quotation number (156,157,...) -- excelforautomatinginvoicing Hi, From your question its not clear how you decide on the file name nor when you want it to automatically save? What does DEFdef mean? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "pravin" wrote: > I generate quiotations from a template and create a code name for each ...

copy range to multiple workbooks
Hi all, I have a good search around but have been unable to find what I am after, that being - I wish to copy a range - V1 to BK30 - from a single worksheet in what is my master workbook -"new_rtgs"- to any number of other workbooks which are copies made daily of the master workbook & which contain up to 30 worksheets. Basicaly this range contains formulas which analyse data I import to Colums A thru U. All the workbooks I need to copy to are housed in the same directory & are named by date - eg aug_01, aug_02 etc. Thanks in advance for any help provided. -- davez ---...

Keeping a range constant when inserting rows
Hello, I'm trying to keep a range of cells constant within a function when I insert a row (e.g. average(a1:a6) becomes average(a1:a7) but I want it to keep the a1:a6 range). Even if I use absolute cell references ($a$1:$a$6), it doesn't help. I would greatly appreciate any ideas. Thanks, Jeff Jeff, In your formula, use: =AVERAGE(INDIRECT("A1:A6")) Absolute cell references (dollar signs) do one thing only: They keep any copies you make of the cell references from changing relatively as they're copied. They still change when the cells to which they refer are m...

Same Account Name in Org
Greetings, Any help would be appreciated. I have two issues which I need clarification on. Background Two exchange servers operating Exchange 2003 SP1 in Native Mode, on Windows 2003 Standard (no SP1), residing in a Windows 2003 mixed domain. Exchange org supports two domains (@domainA.com and @domainB.com). Issue1 a. users in domainA connect to Exchange via Outlook using default settings b. users in domainB connect to Exchange using POP if userid (JDoe@domainA.com) is created, he has no issues connecting to Exchange. However, userid (JDoe@domainB.com) is created, he cannot connect to Exch...

House account limits, and another Run time error
I need unlimited $$ accounts for in house charges that are tender types, not for customers that we create for mailorders and such. These house charges are meant for other departments within our company. Ideas? Run time error '-2147467259(80004005)'. [DBNETLIB][connetionWrite (wrapperWrite()).] General newtork error. Check your network documentation. ---what could this mean??--- You'd want to be careful of accounting ramifications, but you can do this: 1. Set up a new account type, say "InHouse". (Database > Account Types > New -- settings within may not...

How to deal with task bar
I am using XP SP3, I am trying to look at a series of .mov files in a folder, one file at a time. When I double click on one of the .mov files, it quite naturally executes Quicktime V7.0 to 'play' the .mov, since that is the default for .mov files. What I don't like is that Quicktime always opens to play the .mov with its 'play' button (and its other controls too) hidden behind the task bar at the bottom of the screen. I can manually shrink Quicktime's window so as to expose the play button, but how can I make Quicktime come up automatically on top of the ta...

moving from one form to another
I want to be able to move from form 1 to form 2 and retain matching information in form 1 to form 2. So, how do I link the one or two matching information in both the forms? I think what you are asking is how to link forms? If so, in properties for the forms or subforms, go to the data tab and enter your master and child link property. It should create that for you. If the forms are not on the same form (a form and subform) you might have to create a form/subform to link them. If you want to be able to see the same information in each form without linking, you would need to put the inf...

Auto Figure out Names
Is there a setting in Exchange 2003 where inbound emails try to get routed to the closest name spelling? If so, how is it disabled? For Example, We have 2 mailboxes here for "Kathy S" and "Kathy W". Kathy S is no longer with the company so we deleted her account..... now Kathy W is getting all her mail. (mostly spam of course) Thanks. -Rob T. Exchange should reject anything but an exact match. That's the way SMTP is supposed to work. Check Kathy W's e-mail addresses--she might have one that matches one that Kathy S used to have. Rob T wrote: > Is ...

File Access History
Is there anything in Excel that will show a history of who accessed, modified, and/or saved an Excel workbook other than what's in the file properties dialog box? Thanks in advance. :) Afraid not. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "lensolo" <lensolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D5A47D1-AF26-426A-BB82-46CBBCAD90F6@microsoft.com... | Is there anything in Excel that will show a history of who accessed, | modified, and/or saved an Excel workbook other than what's in the file | properties dialog box? | | Thanks in advance. :) | ...

retreving .pst files from cd/dvd
i have backed up my personal folders onto both cd & dvd, however, when i go to access them I am told 'access denied'. Any ideas as to why and what I can do? Thanks Copy it off the CD to your hard drive. Right click the file on your hard drive and select properties. Uncheck "Read Only" "Tommy J" <Tom.Martin@atk.com> wrote in message news:0b7d01c34d66$a4a89360$a001280a@phx.gbl... > i have backed up my personal folders onto both cd & dvd, > however, when i go to access them I am told 'access > denied'. Any ideas as to why and wha...

INF files licenses
Hello everyone, While developing an USB gadget and creating an INF file for it I stumbled across some licensing issues which I cannot figure out. First of all, for RNDIS I've used a template provided on MSDN at: <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff570620(VS.85).aspx> Is it correct if I assume that this snipped is covered by the Microsoft Limited Public License found at <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/cc300389.aspx#MLPL>? Also, is 3(F) even relevant for INF files? The second INF file was for USB CDC ACM function and I based it on a template by M...

Sort by Last Name
Here is my problem. i am using Crystal Reports to extract data from our practice management system. they store the patient name as last name, first name, i.e. Doe, John F. I can use Crystal Reports to switch the order so it looks like John F. Doe. I then export this file to Excel so they can use the data for mailing letters and other fun stuff through out the year. They want to be able to sort by last name now that the data is in Excel but the name column is now John F. Doe so it will sort on the first name. I know this is a long shot but does anyone have a solution that might work thank...

60 GB IPOD deal found #2
I just completed this offer for a 60 gb photo ipod and it is awesome! My friend got one from it and he is waving it in my face and taunting me! Anyways, all you have to do is complete a promotion offer and cancel it before the 30 days trial is up and then get 8 referrals. I recommend doing the rhapsody promotion because it is only $0.99 and you get instant credit towards your ipod. It is so cool. Check it out. http://www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=21360900 I'm goner have your gmail account closed as well. ...

Can Outlook 2003 import OE 6 messages?
I am thinking about switching to Outlook 2003. Will it import all my old OE 6 messages? Thanks, Kirk yes, but export from OE to OL. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&n...

Excel 2003 worksheet tabs missing at bottom of my laptop display
How do I get multiple worksheet table to show at the bottom of my Vista laptop display? The do appear at bottom of my XP desktop display. Thanks. Check Tools --> Options and on the [View] tab make sure that the "Sheet tabs" option at the lower right has a check in the box next to it. "Quixote" wrote: > How do I get multiple worksheet table to show at the bottom of my Vista > laptop display? The do appear at bottom of my XP desktop display. > Thanks. They could be just barely off the screen: Window|Arrange|tiled and resize the way you like. ...

name checking
In outlook, A user clicked "TO" and selected some (15) contacts to send a email out. After he clicked send it wanted to choose the correct name. I checked his contacts and all had the correct email addresses. When I tried I could not get the same results. It worked with no errors. So what could have caused this? Thanks Daniel ...