Day of week time control

Let's say I wanted something to occur at specific times (via DDE) on Sunday,
a different thing on Monday -Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri Sat and continue over and
over.

I see how I can know the day and time, but to use it in a formula escapes
me.
The use is for a simple area based light control in my house.

0
vernon
6/13/2007 2:46:27 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Vernon

Maybe
=IF(AND(WEEKDAY(NOW())=1,HOUR(NOW())>=8,HOUR(NOW())<=17),"Switch
on","Switch off")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"vernon" <there@there> wrote in message
> Let's say I wanted something to occur at specific times (via DDE) on
> Sunday, a different thing on Monday -Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri Sat and
> continue over and over.
>
> I see how I can know the day and time, but to use it in a formula
> escapes me.
> The use is for a simple area based light control in my house.

0
roger5293 (1125)

Changing dd/mm/yy to the day of the week
Hi, Am looking for a macro or whatever which will change a set of dates into the corresponding week day. Ie: I have a column of dates in this format: 01/01/03 thru to 16/10/03. I want to write a quick macro which will then drop into an adjacent cell, the day of the week that each day is, so in column 'A' we have the dates (01/01/03) and in column 'B' we have the day that that date was ie Wednesday. any help would be great. cheers On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:13:51 -0700, Gerald wrote: > Hi, > > Am looking for a macro or whatever which will change a set > of ...

Approved Time Reporting
We have created the Project OLAP cube database and built the cubes in Office Project Server 2007. We do not use timesheets in our Office Project Server 2007 implementation. We enter and approve time on a project through the MyTask feature in EPM. We would like to create a report that shows the following: • Resource Name • Project Name • Task Name • Date Time Entered • Amount of Time Entered • Total Time Entered for Task Is it possible to create this report using Cubes without having timesheets enabled? If so, what Cube and what attributes can be used to report on the...

30, 60, 90 days late and due within 14 days
I am working on a spreadsheet that will calculate late suspenses. Basically I have 3 different types of late suspenses and am looking to calculate between 0 and 30 days late, 30 - 60 days late, 60 - 90 days late and over 90 days and each of these time frames for the three categories. Here is what my spread sheet looks like: Name ID TYPE SUSP DAYS OVER DUE UNIT WOOD 6470 N/A 18-Mar-05 (234) A SMITH 7453 UNIT 22-APR-05 (199) B JONES 9741 CO 1-Nov-05 (6) C ...

control internep explorer
Hello! I have a short question. I need the following solution: the IE should be limited. The user is not allowed to navigate to all URLs, some URLs are forbidden. Additionally, I need access to the html source bevor displaying. Now my question: Should I use a SDI programme together with CHtmlView or should I write a programme running in the background controlling the internet explorer? Can I handle events like OnBeforeNavigate2 in the second method? thanks a lot If you want all instances of IE to have this limitation, you will need to write a BHO. But if you are talking about simply in y...

Calendar week start problems
Using Publisher 2003 with Win XP. I've been trying to get my Publisher calendars to start once again with a Monday instead of a Sunday (WHO in this world apart from the Jewish community start the week on a Sunday!?). Anyway - I've already changed the REgional settings everywhere I can find to UK settings, changed my KB changed my languages etc - all to no avail. Is there a registry key I can perhaps delete to force it to accept the new info. Presume a reinstallation might push it to do what I want, as I did it before, but something changed (and it could have been a Win re...

Time Block
The appointmentbook should allow for a read of other activities like Tasks or Phone Calls. This would enhance task scheduling and planning. -- Shane ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow...

Can't see VB controls
I have a worksheet that has a few VB controls on it, such as text box, object/pic container, and combo box. I'm able to see the controls. However, there' s another user that can't see these controls---- instead he sees and empty "control" with a square red X. It looks like when a web page tries to load controls but shows a box with red x instead. Any ideas what might be causing this? The workbook is on a network share, but he and I have the same rights. The way the controls don't show make it seem like a web page that fails to load...but this has no web controls...no...

GMT time to local time
Hi, I've been stuck on this stupid problem. We're saving a date on a server and because clients can be located in different time zones, we save it in GMT format. This is the GMT time: 7:00 pm Here on my client in Eastern US/Canada time zone, the time should be displayed as 3:00 pm (we're currently in DST, so -4 UTC) Using a CDate initialized with my GMT time (7:00) I can't get the local time! If I use Format to get a string representation, I get 7:00 pm If I use FormatGmt, I get 11:00 pm How am I suppose to use a CDate to get the correct local time when all I have as a s...

send mail every days
Hello friends, Have a question about outlook 2007. I need to run a macro every days, this macro send a mail with information of a SQL. Have the macro created and run succesfull but how i can to do for run every days automatically ? is possible schedulle this macro ? Thanks in advnace and sorry by my english, Christian Wis. This might help you: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?lang=en&mnu=2&smp=10&cmd=showitem -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: &...

CEdit control #3
I want to put a string value into a CEdit control which is in a CDialog. I did a editCtrl.SetWindowText(string); but the string was not displayed. I did a GetWindowText to verify it was loaded and it was there. Any ideas why it will not display the contents? Thanks, Neil Use UpdateWindow to repaint edit control after u set window text ...... Use Invalidate before update window if update window isnt working all alone ...... "Neil B" <NeilB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82A55637-F2FF-49FA-8EA7-7A0BC725F806@microsoft.com... >I want to put a string va...

How do I stop 1 day tasks splitting over 2 days?
I am using Project 2003 and it has got an annoying habit of splitting most tasks with a duration of 1 day into 7 hours of work on one day and 1 hour of work the following day when you look at them within the Resource Usage view. This is mucking up my Gantt chart as the tasks effectively look as if they are 2 day tasks (although the duration cell definitely says 1 day). Any idea what is causing the problem and how do I fix it? Things to note: - The project calendar and resource calendars are definitely showing 8 hour working days (8-12 then 1-5) so that isn’t causing the probl...

Calendar day not days
I am trying to figure a way in which I can add a specified number of calendar days to a date (ex: 9/21/2006 + 14 days = Calendar date). I thought it would be an easy thing to do, but when I try what is on MS help, I get the total days from 1 Jan 1900 and can't figure out how to convert it to the calendar day. Can anyone help out in figuring this formula out. Dan (Still going in circles) Dan, All dates are actually a count of the number of days since 1 Jan 1900 but are just formatted to look like dates. Try re-formating the number you get as a date. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancie...

Years, Months, Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds Formula?
Hi Everyone, Could anyone PLEASE help me with a single cell formula that would take the difference between TWO cells containing Dates AND Times, and return the elapsed difference in the following format: "3 Years, 9 Months, 15 Days, 14 Hours, 8 Minutes, 16 Seconds" I've been trying all day to come up with it, but so far have only managed to do the date part! I would be extremely grateful for any help anyone can offer. Thank you. Hi Darrell, As long as you have date & time in each cell as entered by Excel you simply subtract the earlier timestamp from the later ti...

Calculating Time over days
I am trying to calculate hours since I last worked in a daily log. Th issue I have is if there is a day off in between, I need it to go t the previous day totaling the Hours Off. (File Attached) Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Ti Attachment filename: time calculation.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=61019 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out the NETWORKDAYS function in Help. On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:15:12 -0500, TimSmi <<TimSmi.18ztja@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I am trying to ...

::: How To Display An All Day Event Into A Work Week or 5 Days Calendar :::
Hi, I am working with Outlook 2003. My calendar is setup to show the work week (5 days - Monday to Friday). This is my preference. When I enter an appointment of "x" hours I can see it on the related column (example: Tuesday from 10:00AM to 11:00AM). No problem, perfect. But when I enter an appointment using the tick box "All day Event" (for one or several days) it doesn't show into the column. It shows only on the top of the day columns. Would you know if there is a way to make it appear into the day column to clearly show that I am busy? In advance many thanks fo...

1.5% on your investment every day 365 day`s a year!
For a short information, click: www.sap36@freeautobot.com ...

Date and time query
I have a table that records time-stamps with the date and time contained in the same column. How do I query these fields to only show the time or only show the dates? LASTUPDATEDT 4/23/2007 11:48:30 AM For same date: WHERE DateValue(MyDateTimeField) = #04/23/2007# or WHERE MyDateTimeField BETWEEN #04/23/2007# AND #04/24/2007# For same time: WHERE TimeValue(MyDateTimeField) = #11:48:30# -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "mpcoon" <mpcoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89547704-8235-4B9D-BE0...

To Capture the time stamp on entry of a value in cell.
Hi, I am trying to capture the time on the entry of the cell in column A. Scenario is I enter a person code in cell in A column and in B column I need a time stamp. I am using now(). It works for one row. but as i proceed to scan further all the values in column b is getting updated as i am using now(). I want to capture time stamp for each entry of person code in col A and then freeze timestamp in col b and proceed. I am trying to get something like, A1 3031 B1 10:30 Pm A2 3032 B2 10:35 PM and so on... Any pointer or help here will help me. Thanks in advance. ...

Flashing control
I want to build a command button on the form that flashes when clicked. How could i do it ? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com "Flashing" lights can trigger seizures in some folks. Just a hunch, but it seems like you are describing "what" you want to do to solve a problem, but not "why". What business need are you trying to solve with your flashing command button? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "samotek via AccessMonster.com" <u15330@uwe> wrote in message news:81592287d4b0b@uwe... >I want to build a c...

Show actual days
I have two tables : CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__PROGRAM_CLIENT]( [ClientKey] [int] NOT NULL, [PgmKey] [int] NULL, [Date_Admit_Program] [datetime] NULL, [Date_Discharged_Program] [datetime] NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_SYS_FD__PROGRAM_CLIENT] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED CREATE TABLE [dbo].[DateLookup]( [DateKey] [int] NOT NULL, [DateFull] [datetime] NULL, [CharacterDate] [varchar](10) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL, [FullYear] [char](4) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL, [QuarterNumber] [tinyint] NULL, [WeekNumber] [tinyint] NULL, [WeekDayName] [varchar](10)...

sum and times within text boxes
I want to multiply text boxs ie 4(1box)x $1.00(2box)=Total $4.00 (3box). I also want sum total (5 text boxes) for grand total. Is this feasible on form?? Thanks On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:58:01 -0800, He cries for help <Hecriesforhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Have you tried an expression like: =[1box] * [2box] (assuming your control names are 1box and 2box. This expression would go in 3box' Control Source property. -Tom. >I want to multiply text boxs ie 4(1box)x $1.00(2box)=Total $4.00 (3box). >I also want sum total (5 text boxes) for grand total. > >Is this ...

setting up custom week numbering (School terms) in Outlook calenda
How can I customise the week numbering in Outlook 2007 Calendar to show the Term number and week number for a school year? Outlook doesn't support it but you could create all day events for the first day of your week - subject is your week number. You can create it in excel and import it. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/countdown.htm for the method. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktip...

Top Sales days top z report days report
Does anyone know how to find my top sales dates/ days with highest sales /highest z reports ? Does any one know how to find those in RMS? Is there a custom report for this ? Thanks Robert Robert: Do you want to look at your past journals/Z reports and print a new report in descending order by sales showing dates? Over what period of time: last month, quarter, year...? Aloha, Miles miles@pacificcomp.biz Pacific Computer Systems Miles Baidack Supporting Business Since 1985 Phone: (808)395-8156 or (808)277-8156 "Robert" wrote: > Does anyone know how to find my top sale...

Time sheet calculations
I've got a timesheet built, but it does something slightly unique that I haven't been able to find an example of or that someone has already asked this question, so here it goes. First, my worksheet has. Column A Date Column B Start time Column C End time Column D Code (R-regular time, C- comp time, V-vacation, etc) Column E Hours (C2-B2)*24 Column F Comp Time Earned =IF(E2>8,SUM(E2-8),0) What I need to do is to have the total of Comp time earned be deducted if the Code in Column D is "C". I've tried with =IF(D2="C",SUM(F33-E2),0) and it seems to work ok...

Problem with List Control Box
I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try to insert an entry into the list control, sometimes, only the item's first value gets added, but the values for the 2nd and 3rd column are not there. If i continue to add the same entry consistently, eventually the entry will be added correctly with all three values. Why is that? For example: sometimes I will add (a,b,c) into my List control box, but only (a) gets shown. But if i keep inserting an item, eventually the entry (a,b,c) will be added... >I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try ...