dates change when I copy and paste

I have a report that has columns for Day of week and a column for th
date(10/15/04) but when I copy and paste to another excel worksheet th
date changes from ex: 10/15/04 to 10/13/08.  Any ideas why this woul
happen.  It's a pretty lengthy report and I hate to always have t
change each date.  Help. :

--
Nesi
Nesia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1534

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
both workbooks have different date setting (1900 versu 1904 base). Goto
the menu: 'Tools - options - Calculation' to make them identical prior
to copying data

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15341
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)
10/15/2004 5:53:56 PM
Just to add to Frank's reply...

Saved from a previous post:

One workbook was using a base year of 1900 and the other was using 1904.
(tools|options|calculation tab|1904 date system)

One way to add those four years back is to find an empty cell, put 1462 into
that cell.

Copy that cell.

Select your range that contains the dates.  Edit|PasteSpecial|click Add (in the
operation box).

You may have to reformat the cell as a date (mine turned to a 5 digit number).
But it should work.

You may want to do it against a copy...just in case.

(I'm not sure which one you'll fix.  You may want to edit|pastespecial|click
subtract.)

Most windows users use 1900 as the base date.  Mac users (mostly??) use 1904 as
the base date.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

filter by date and action

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Post Dated Checks

unwanted slide layout changes when using copy and paste with equat
Hello: I have Office 2003, and I frequently use Microsoft Equation 3.0 for mathematical equations that I need. Often, I need to copy-and-paste an exisiting equation multiple times. However, when I try to paste a copy of an equation, the slide layout changes. For instance, if I start with a "title, text, and content" slide, then the act of pasting an equation turns that slide into a "title, text, and 2 content" slide. Worse, all of my graphics and whatnot on the slide are now all pushed over to one side of the slide and I have to go move them all back ...

changing case #2
Hi, is there any way I can change the letter case in Excel. I know thi can be done in word by going to format and change case, but am unsur how to do it in EXcel. I simply want to change everything to capital letters. Please let me know, thank you very much for your help. Sheeta -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Sheetal There is a function =UPPER(A1) but if you want to change all the cells then use a macro See this webpages http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Or http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm Here is a Macro for changing text cells in the select...

strange date format problem

Changing default "thread priority" of some kernel services
Hello, Are there way to change priority level of some kernel services? For example: Print Spooler to use Low Priority but LanManServer to use High Priority Level . In the past in Windows NT it was by adding registry DWORD value "ThreadPriority" under desired service ...

How to sort by name then date?

Exmerge as brick copy utility
Hi! I'm using Exmerge to make pst files containing data from all mailboxes on our Exchange 2003 server. It works quite well. However the pst files continually grow because new items are added (DataImportMethod = 1) but deleted items are not removed. Is the only way to remove the deleted items from the pst files to delete the files and then run exmerge again? It takes quite long to use this option... Thanks in advance Morten On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 09:54:00 +0100, "Morten" <morten_skovgaard@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi! > >I'm using Exmerge to make pst files ...

if statement with dates #2

Counting Dates?

http://crm/reportserver
CRM and SRS Reportserver changes Previously I could access SRS reports from http://crm/reportserver by clicking the reports title as a hyperlink, we recently did an upgrade to 4.0 in our development environment and now I cannot open the reports from the http://crm/reportserver link I can only see them, furthermore the Report Title isn't the hyperlink anymore it appears to be a report GUID. The reorts do open up fro the http://crm/reports link fine. What is wrong, how can I fix this? Why did this change and how can I access reports using their http://crm/reportserver link? Finally foun...

An expression for dates from and to

copying text into XL & text to columns
Hi, I have a large text file that I'm wanting to convert to a table. I was hoping to simply paste it into Excel & then split the fields using Text to Columns. The problem I'm having is - when I paste the data in, instead of putting it all into one column (thus allowing me to use Text to Columns), it pastes it across 9 columns, with no actual logic to how the fields have been delimited compared to the original file. Is there any way I can force it to paste how I need it - into just one column. Any help greatly appreciated.......Regards, Jason Have you tried to open it...

Change Header of mail in outlook
Hello, Excuse for my very bad englis. I want to change the header of mail for grouping the mail in my outllook windows Somme mail are "Patric DES_DUB@xxx.com" another mails are "Patric DES DUB@xxx.com", another "DES DUB Patric@xxx.com" or "DES_DUB Patric@xxx.com" but it'a same personne. When Oulook group the mail by the sender, it finds four sender but it's the same. Ths is why, i want make some programm to change in a email objet the sender to have the same. Thank's ...

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...

copy paste problem?
I just ran into a Excel problem that is new to me. We are running Excel 2000. If I have a formula =SUM(A1:C1) in cell D1 and I copy the formula to cell D2 the formula in cell D2 should be =SUM(A2:C2) but it is not! it is =SUM(A1:C1). Some settings must be off. Please help! Thanks, Neil -- Neil22 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neil22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4179 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=481730 When you have selected D1, try this, place the mouse c...

Conditional Formatting
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work. I would like to have conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays date and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red. Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba? Also it would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition is on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the cell is fine. Thanks Assume the dates start in E2, select all dates w...

Time and date problem
Hello I have spreadsheet cell (B1) that contains a date and time: 05/11/2003 13:45:50 I have another series of cells (A1 to A100) that contain an increment of 30 seconds: 30.00 I would like to add the seconds to the date and time putting the result in column C, I have tried to do: =B1+(A1/100000) but the answer is wrong by 4 seconds and then gets worse the further down the column I go. Can somebody show me how to add the seconds to the date please. Thanks Tom Tom, Right method, wrong divider! 86,400 secs in a day.. change your 100000 to 86400 and you're there. Nikos Y. (nyannaco ...

Date subtraction -How to not show negative when 2nd date not entered
Hi, I have a section of a worksheet that just needs to show working days between two dates. For example, an order was entered on 9/2/07 and complete on 9/15/07 The formula =NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9) works perfectly except that until the "completed date" ise filled in, a negative number appears. Is there a way to have that remain blank until both dates have been entered? Thanks! Hi Edward, change your formula as =IF(A9="","",NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9)) -- Pranav Vaidya VBA Developer PN, MH-India If you think my answer is useful, please rate this post as an ANSWER...