Date value in cell with text

I would like a cell in Excel 2000 to have some text plus today's date,
like this:

"Total orders as of 3/09"

I was able to pull the current date with =NOW()
and right clicking the cell and choosing the date to look like 3/09

I was thinking that my formula should look like
="Total orders as of "&NOW()

Any thoughts?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

="Total orders as of "& TEXT(TODAY(),"m/dd")

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

<tonyrulesyall@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I would like a cell in Excel 2000 to have some text plus today's date,
> like this:
>
> "Total orders as of 3/09"
>
> I was able to pull the current date with =NOW()
> and right clicking the cell and choosing the date to look like 3/09
>
> I was thinking that my formula should look like
> ="Total orders as of "&NOW()
>
> Any thoughts?

0
nicolaus (2022)

filter by date and action

time cell Highlight
how do i make a time cell that is behind Real time of less than minutes be highlighted i know how to use conditional formating but i dont know how to inpu information in time ie: A1= Real time 17:35 B1=17:33 B2=17:25 B3=17:18 in this case i need cell B1 to be highlighted which is behing Real tim (A1) of less than 5 minutes............ -- Pivotren ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pivotrend's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27255 Hi u...

Transaction Date VS Business Date

LF displays as square box in cell
I have some cells with text where the LF (line feed) displays as a square box. Searching the web for this scenario suggests that turning on Word Wrap should eliminate this display but it does not in my case. Also, not all LFs in the cell display as a square box and one of my co- workers does not see the behaviour when he opens the file on his PC (another co-worker does see the problem). The text has been downloaded from a SQL query and I'm using Excel 2007/ WinXP. Any suggestions on how to clean up the view of the cells with this text? On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:20:38 -0800 (PST), John <...

Combo Box Values from Access Table?
Can I get the values for a drop down list from an Access table or pass-through query instead of a worksheet so the data they are picking is directly from the database? I need a spreadsheet that people can use to enter in their employee number and the element to which they should get paid (sick, vacation, regular hours etc..) without them typing in the wrong employee number or pay element, so I figure a drop down list would be best. ...

What is the maximum text size in a cell
Can anyone give me some info on the maximum text size you can put in a cell. How many characters/words Thanx. NED 1451 Hi the max is 1,024 characters. You can extend this limit by entering manual linebreaks withj aLT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "NED 1451" <NED 1451@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4ADB9C27-1E94-4843-87F7-794177BC86D2@microsoft.com... > Can anyone give me some info on the maximum text size you can put in a cell. > How many characters/words > > Thanx. > > NED 1451 Ned The maximum is 32,767 chara...

Post Dated Checks

truncating data within a cell for an entire column
Hi, I have a numeric value in a cell that is followed by a space and then three alphanumeric characters e.g., -24 dBm. How can I delete the alphanumeric chracters and preserve the nummeric charaters so that I can apply the average function to the entire column? Thanks, vlapi vlapi wrote: > Hi, > I have a numeric value in a cell that is followed by a space and then three > alphanumeric characters e.g., -24 dBm. How can I delete the alphanumeric > chracters and preserve the nummeric charaters so that I can apply the average > function to the entire column? > Thanks, >...

How to do a conditional format for multi cells
Lets say based on a value in A5 I would like to change the text format for cells d5:g5 (four columns), what would be the best procedure to do this, can it be done using conditional format if each cell d5,e5,f5,g5 or is there another way. By that do I input a conditional format for each cell d5,e5,f5,g5 (if A5> "xx" then <format>. A big Thank You for all the help. dave Yes, highlight the four cells and apply your conditional format to them all. You will need to use $A$5 as the reference. Pete Hi Pete, This did not work for me. For the "value" I have =$...

message text becomes attachment
When I received messages from a few particular people, if it contains an attachment the message itself will become a .txt attachment too. And this happens every time from these particular people. If no attachment, the message will not become an attachment. This just started happening a few weeks ago. Yet the vast majority of all email still behaves as it always did. Why would this happen? Is there any way I can troubleshoot this problem to find out the cause of it? Thanks! Try rebooting your machine. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discuss...

How to make text hover over icon
I've got a drawing in Visio where I've added an printer icon (actually a shape or stencil). I've made it a link now and pointed it to the website with the driver. I also want to be able to have it where when I hover over the item with a mouse, a text box comes up and displays the printer's IP address. This needs to be possible when saving the drawing as a web page. Is this possible? try this al I know many people have asked this question, and it has been partially answered previously. Here is a more complete explanation. Summary: You can add the User.visEquivTitle...

Navigating to Referenced Cell
I run Excel 2002 with SP-2. I finally discovered how to move to a referenced cell ( Control +[ ). I saw somebody else do it with a simple double click of a cell that had a reference in it. Mine, however, doesn't work that way (is there a way to make the double click method work?). The real question is this: After I get to a referenced cell with Control +[ is there a way to QUICKLY get back to where I started? Jeannine I'm surprised you didn't try the obvious: <Ctrl> <]> BTW, double click should work if you; <Tools> <Options> *UNCHECK* "Edit Di...

strange date format problem

asset depreciation
Hi, Fixed asset part is really new to me and this would be a very simple question.(However, I could not find 'how to' from the manual.) Several assets have been recorded to GP manually last year. Therefore, I am going to update the asset value directly. Which window should I need to use? I tried to change at the window : "cards>fixed assets>book," but I saw the following message. " IF LTD Depreciation is entered, Depreciation to Date cannot be greater than the last day of the year for this book." * How can I find the last day of the book of each asset?...

Rename tab on cell event
Looking for code that would simply, on the fly, depending what was entered in a cell at anytime, any amount of times, the tab name would be renamed to what the cell contents are. I have seen some pretty elaborate ways of renaming tabs. I am new at Excel and any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Hi, Right click your sheet tab, view code and paste this in then every tiome A1 is changed to a 'legal' worksheet name the sheet will be renamed. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo enditall ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1").Value enditall: End Sub ...

How to sort by name then date?

Excel 2003 - VBA
How do I check a cell to see if there is a #N/A or #REF in a VBA routine? Craig Use the IsError() function with a cell reference inside the parentheses, such as IsError(Range("A1")) Cell Error Values You can insert a cell error value into a cell or test the value of a cell for an error value by using the CVErr function. The cell error values can be one of the following XlCVError constants. Constant Error number Cell error value xlErrDiv0 2007 #DIV/0! xlErrNA 2042 #N/A xlErrName 2029 #NAME? xlErrNull 2000 #NULL! xlErrNum 2036 #NUM! xlE...

Display The Cell Of The Maximum Value.
DISPLAY THE CELL OF THE MAXIMUM VALUE. Hi again. I have values in a2, b2, c2. i want d2 to display the value of the highest cell out of a2, b2 or c2 e.g a2=10, b2=15, c2=99 -> d2=99 a2=80, b2=1, c2=1 -> d2=8 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: D2: =MAX(A2:C2) In article <sokevin.1942t6@excelforum-nospam.com>, sokevin <<sokevin.1942t6@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > DISPLAY THE CELL OF THE MAXIMUM VALUE. > > > Hi again. > > I have values in > > > a2, b2, c2. > > > i want d2 to displa...

Combo values from query based on form fields
I am setting the values for a combo box in a form(s) via a query that 'filters' the results with criteria based upon the values of other fields on the form. The combo is a field that is bound. However, this is giving all kinds of problems ranging from Access completely crashing to being asked for the parameter values of those criteria fields when closing the form. I have tried making the combo an unbound field and then setting the value of the bound field to that unbound field after update, but that still leads to the same issues. How can I do this? As example - I have a form w...

Convert Text to number
How can I convert a text field to numeric value? The text values are: < 35 <15 1.5 0.015 >9900 The desired result need to be: 35 15 1.5 0.015 9900 Then in a separate field I need to store the > (Greater than) and < (less than) signs from the same text filed so: < 35 (please note the space between the < and the number 35) <15 (please note that there is no space between < and the number 15) 1.5 0.015 >9900 Will give me: < < (null) (null) > Thank you, Silvio In a query: TheNumber: IIf([TheField]=">...

if statement with dates #2

Counting Dates?