Date Validation List not working

I have a spread sheet with Date Validation List in it and it works
fine but when I send the file by email to someone else the DVL doesn't
work. The little thingy to the right of the cell doesn't appear.
What's wrong? I have Excel 97 and so does the other dude.

0
burp (4)
7/1/2004 9:09:00 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Look if the other dude is using freeze panes, that is a known bug (try to
unfreeze the panes)

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

<burp@easy.com> wrote in message
> I have a spread sheet with Date Validation List in it and it works
> fine but when I send the file by email to someone else the DVL doesn't
> work. The little thingy to the right of the cell doesn't appear.
> What's wrong? I have Excel 97 and so does the other dude.

0
terre081 (3244)
7/1/2004 9:49:47 AM
Isolate the problem..........Save the file to a floppy or CD and re-open it
from there and be sure it still works ok..........then give the floppy/CD to
your friend and have him try it from there.........if it works, there's
something happening in the email process, if it doesn't, then there is
something the matter with his hardware/software.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

<burp@easy.com> wrote in message
> I have a spread sheet with Date Validation List in it and it works
> fine but when I send the file by email to someone else the DVL doesn't
> work. The little thingy to the right of the cell doesn't appear.
> What's wrong? I have Excel 97 and so does the other dude.

0
croberts1 (105)
7/1/2004 4:08:11 PM
Right. Unfreeze and it works fine. Thank you.

Buzz

------

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 05:49:47 -0400, "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org>
wrote:

>Look if the other dude is using freeze panes, that is a known bug (try to
>unfreeze the panes)

0
buzz (1)

Shortcut in Start Menu not working
This happened once before - "pin to start menu" - yep, did that - use it constantly, no problem, then - bang. It stops working. Delete it, pin it again, still no go. A shortcut on the desktop works though..... There is help here, could be you need to do a registry fix. This is a Windows problem. http://windowsxp.mvps.org/pinfolder.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Phil" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eawCjI7cIHA.5448@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > This happened once before ...

It worked!
Thank you very much for your help Allen!!! Your site is on my favourite list now ;-) Cristian. ...

filter by date and action

Unexpected feature when working with Reporting Services
Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we generate a Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to Excel, so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page (the 'popup') kept open. Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody explain me how to resolve this? Thanks in advance. has IE enabled...

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Problem with recent Drop Down List Code
I recently got this code from Bob and just today tested the check boxes Problem is when I try to check any box beyond the first column, it wil automatically check the box in the first column only. Here is the code. Sub SelectSheets() Dim i As Long Dim iRows As Long Dim TopPos As Long Dim LeftPos As Long Dim SheetCount As Long Dim cMaxLetters As Long Dim cLeftWidth As Long Dim PrintDlg As DialogSheet Dim CurrentSheet Dim cb As CheckBox Dim fInclude As Boolean Dim arySheets Application.ScreenUpdating = False ReDim arySheets(0) ' Check for protected workbook If ActiveWorkbook.ProtectStruc...

Recipients in Dist List Missing Attachments
Our client has an issue whereby when they send an email with attachment to a distribution list of external addresses, some users aren't receiving the attachment. When the recipient replies stating such, and the user attaches the file and re-sends to that user, it's recieved OK. Observations are: - Exchange 2003 SP1 & Outlook 2003 - Recipients not receiving attachment are random. Some will get it, some won't each time. - Only happens when approx. 10 or more recpients are in the Dist list. - Happens with all types of attachments, (Word Docs, PDF's etc.) - SMTP logs sho...

Post Dated Checks

Outlook 2007 ~ no longer working with my ISP
I was able to send/receive emails for my ISP (Optonline) from Oct through Dec 2007. I have Outlook 2007 and Windows Vista. I have followed the ISP instructions repeatedly and have spent quite a bit of time with the ISP help desk. They are not able to determine the reason why I can no longer access my account through Outlook 2007. I was refered to Microsoft for additional troubleshooting. Do you have any suggestions for me? Usually if you select the option to Test accounts there will be some err. msgs "Ani Nazlican" <AniNazlican@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

data validation and autocomplete -- again...
hi, i've looked at the discussions about this topic, and i can't help but feel someone must have created a better solution. does anyone know of a better solution? the problem is simple: 1. i have a chart of accounts list 2. i want to enter text that is likely to be in this list, and want autocomplete to save keystroke effort by scrolling to that place in the list, or at least autofilling, so i can then just hit enter. thanks for any help here, fred thanks max, this is very helpful. fred "Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eQov1Fo6EHA.28...

strange date format problem

How to disable automatic dtd validation in XmlDocument?
Hello, I am getting an xml response from some server which I need to parse. Problem is the xml data contains DTD declaration and the XmlDocument.LoadXml() tries to find the dtd under C:\WINNT\System32 and throws an error. How could i disable this automatic validation? Thanks, Fahad Ashfaque Fahad Ashfaque wrote: > I am getting an xml response from some server which I need to parse. Problem > is the xml data contains DTD declaration and the XmlDocument.LoadXml() tries > to find the dtd under C:\WINNT\System32 and throws an error. > > How could i disable this automati...

vbs script to list files in a directory and email results
Hi. Been trying to write something with out any luck. Im looking for a script that will look in a given directory (i.e. c:\mydata) and e-mail details of what files are in that directory, the details needed are file names, date modified and size. Anyone got any sample scripts ? Thanks "systemtek" <duncan@systemtek.co.uk> wrote in message news:8c076e3d-9231-452b-8700-fd6227eb9bc8@y12g2000vbg.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > Been trying to write something with out any luck. Im looking for a > script that will look in a given directory (i.e. c:\...

Sharing my Safe Senders list in Outlook 2003
I have one computer with multiple logins (accounts) and use Outlook 2003 for my email. I use the same outlook.pst file with all of the users. I’ve had this configuration for years and it works great for me. Now I want to use the Safe Senders and Blocked Senders list for all of the uses on my computer. Unfortunately, it appears that each user has their own Safe Sender and Blocked Sender list. I want to share each list for each user, but can’t figure out how to do it. "joe002" <joe002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:670BF115-79C7-4180-931D-B5642B...

How to sort by name then date?

Outlook's button 'Attach File' does not work
I am creating simple mail using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook. I do not want to attach file in the code - I need simple mail without any attach. Mail is successfully created and opened, but after this button 'Attach File' does not work (it could be clicked, file could be selected but it is not attached). Here is simple code: Dim Outlook As New Outlook.Application Dim OutlookMessage As Outlook.MailItem OutlookMessage = Outlook.CreateItem(OlItemType.olMailItem) OutlookMessage.Display() I am using Outlook 2007. Could anyone help me with this? Where is this code ru...

how to export payee list?
How can i export my payee information? I tried to create a qif export file and import it into Quicken 2004 but it did not create any entries in Quicken for my Money Payees. Tks! I would like to know how to do this as well as how to import from outlook or any type of import into the paylee list. Also, is there a report you can customize for the Payee list....this is seriously lacking. The only import/export is to qif, how about Excel, Access, text????? Help!!!! and thanks in advance! >-----Original Message----- >How can i export my payee information? > >I tried to crea...

LDAP query E2K3 for Address list
I want to create a address list and select from a certain OU all the Groups mentioned in that OU. in command promt I give the following command: dsquery group ou=name,ou=name,DC=domain,dc=nl the result is only the groups are displayed. Within ESM I want to enter the LDAP query for it. What should that be? Peter ...

if statement with dates #2

Counting Dates?

Validation of CRM email addresses in Outlook
Hi folks, Couple of problems that are occuring for us with CRM 3.0: I am a habitual quick-keyer of e-mail addresses in Outlook; i.e., I enter a snippet of the individual's first and last names, then press CTRL+K to validate/underline the address. Sometimes when I do this, and the person is from the CRM address book, Outlook 'appears' to validate the address (it appears underlined) but on attempting to send the message Outlook flashes a message about selecting at least one recipient for the message. On right-clicking the person's name and selecting properties, all the...