Date conversion #2

I also have a column that has dates in the format of:

20031201 which is YearMonthDay and I want to convert them all to December 1,
2003.

Is this possible?  Thanks.

0
spam8928 (23)
7/20/2005 6:21:38 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=date(left(a1,4),mid(a1,5,2),right(a1,2))

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Newbie" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I also have a column that has dates in the format of:
>
> 20031201 which is YearMonthDay and I want to convert them all to December
1,
> 2003.
>
> Is this possible?  Thanks.

0
phillips1 (803)
7/20/2005 6:30:41 PM
Data>Text to Columns>Next>Next

Column Data Format>Date>YMD>Finish

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:21:38 -0700, "Newbie" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I also have a column that has dates in the format of:
>
>20031201 which is YearMonthDay and I want to convert them all to December 1,
>2003.
>
>Is this possible?  Thanks.

0
Gord
7/20/2005 6:47:50 PM
Cool, step one complete.

"Newbie" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I also have a column that has dates in the format of:
>
> 20031201 which is YearMonthDay and I want to convert them all to December
> 1, 2003.
>
> Is this possible?  Thanks.

0
spam8928 (23)

Categorizing #2
To save for irregular budgeted and unbudgeted expenses, I transfer funds from checking into 2 accounts, a regular savings account, and an account which exists only on my computer. In Budget, both the budgeted expenses AND the 2 savings funds are categorized as expenses and therefore are counted twice. If I categorize the transfers as income, where do I show that the income came from? I'm using Money 2004. Thanks. lanecito | 2009-01-30 | 6:12:00 AM wrote: > To save for irregular budgeted and unbudgeted expenses, I transfer >funds from checking into 2 accounts, a >r...

filter by date and action

Paying Deep, Paying Wide, Paying YOU! #2
Isn't It Time YOU Got Paid Again? INCREDIBLE new system sends $20 payments DIRECT to your your chosen online account You just need one of these; StormPay, Intgold, or Paypal account to get paid AGAIN and AGAIN It NEVER STOPS! http://www.gotpaidagain.com/lc1flash.php?id=2917 You make a one-time purchase of Super Affiliate Locator and you get FULL training on how to turn that into a NEVER-ENDING stream of $20 bills! This is COMPLETELY UNIQUE! JOIN NOW! http://www.gotpaidagain.com/lc1flash.php?id=2917 ...

Transaction Date VS Business Date

911: v3.0 and v1.2 appointments
hi all, currently we are having problems when synchronzing appointments belonging to our previous v1.2 environment being upgraded to v3.0. newly created appointments, done in v3.0, do not face a problem. how can we identify these old 1.2 appointments (sql script, etc.)? thanks in advance, fritz -- Fritz Theiss The v1.2 Outlook appointments/contacts/tasks should upgraded over properly via the v3.0 Outlook Client setup. Did it just affacted the appointments? Here is a way to list out the v1.2 appointments: Outlook Calender>>view appointment list (similar to contact list), add co...

Post Dated Checks

SystemParametersInfo #2
I am trying to change the desktop wallpaper using my own application. When I run the following code the user settings in the control pannel are changed, but the settings are not applied to the desktop on my Windoews 2000 Serivce Pack 3 system at work. What could be that problem? Is there a way to block the apply message? What can I do the get this to work? PS: The same code work fine on a XP system that I have at home. BOOL b = SystemParametersInfo( SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER , 0, "Picture3.bmp", SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE ); b = SystemParametersInfo( SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER , ...

ocx abd 97 to 2000 conversion
I have an Access 97 database using comdlg32.ocx which works fine. I have setup a new machine with Access 2000 on it. On opening the database in Access 2000, error message "One or more forms or reports contains an activex control that cannot be loaded - These controls will not function properly until you register them, open the forms or reports in design view and save the forms or reports". The rest of the open process proceeds without hitch. Also, if a form containing the comdlg32.ocx control is opened everything operates as normal except that if the button (which invokes ...

strange date format problem

changing case #2
Hi, is there any way I can change the letter case in Excel. I know thi can be done in word by going to format and change case, but am unsur how to do it in EXcel. I simply want to change everything to capital letters. Please let me know, thank you very much for your help. Sheeta -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Sheetal There is a function =UPPER(A1) but if you want to change all the cells then use a macro See this webpages http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Or http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm Here is a Macro for changing text cells in the select...

How to sort by name then date?

if statement with dates #2

Counting Dates?

Service Pack #2
Is there any SP for GP8.0? According to our reseller SP is not release yet. Are there any way we can download the sp outside mbs web site? Thank you, Dave Yes there is. SP1a was released a few days ago. You should be able to log in to customersource and download it. HS "b0rne0" <b0rne0b0rne0@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O3k9qDb1EHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there any SP for GP8.0? According to our reseller SP is not release yet. > Are there any way we can download the sp outside mbs web site? > > Thank you, > Dave > > We cannot access ...

2 x Exchange servers & Terminal Services over VPN
We have 2 offices (UK & AUS) that are connected via firewall-to-firewall VPN. Each office has an Exchange server (UK=2000, AUS=2003) and a trust relationship has been established between the two offices. The UK users only have mailboxes on the UK Exchange server and vica-versa. AUS users connect to the UK's Terminal Services server over the VPN. When they send an e-mail via Outlook in their TS session, it can take up to a minute for the e-mail to be sent -- presumably, the delay in the instance of Outlook taking it's time to talk to the AUS Exchange server -- and we'd li...

COUNTIF Function #2
Hi, This is URGENT. Problem: In MS Excel, Column A contains values from A to Z and Column B contains value from 1 to 5. Now, I need to count the records that have "A" has value in Column A and "3" in Column B. I had tried with COUNTIF function but it works only for one criteria, i.e. it can be used if I want to count the records with value "A" in Column A or the records with "5 in Column B. Is there any function that can be used for this purpose. Pls treat this very urgent. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www...

An expression for dates from and to

Linking formula #2
I have two sheets, and I want to link information from one to the other. The difficulty is that on sheet 1, the data is entered in every consecutive cell down a column, but on sheet 2, I want that data linked to every third cell down the column. So, it goes like this: A1 on sheet 1 - A1 on sheet 2 A2 on sheet 1 - A4 on sheet 2 A3 on sheet 1 - A7 on sheet 2 and so on. Can somebody help? Jonathan -- Jonibenj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jonibenj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17048 View...

Trim function #2
How can I have displayed the figures (cells) used, when I run a Trim function. Hi not really sure what you're rying to achieve. Could you give an example? >-----Original Message----- >How can I have displayed the figures (cells) used, when I run a Trim function. >. > When you use the TRIM Worksheet Function by itself the result is displayed in the cell. =TRIM(B1) If you want to know what B1 actually contains, you could use CODE for each byte, but easier would be Chip Pearson's Cell View -- http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm For a maco to trim all cells i...

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

outlookexpress #2
Is there any way to add a search/address bar in your express mailbox instead of tuneling back and forth from explorer to outlook "glenda@strategiccasemgt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02b501c3aa11$a57d3cc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to add a search/address bar in your > express mailbox instead of tuneling back and forth from > explorer to outlook this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003(beta) from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. Fo...