date calculation #6

In one column cell A1 I have date (eg Feb -1-2009) in another(B1) I have
25( which represents number of days).How do get the date in the third column
cell (C1) which will be equal to A1+B1. The answer should be in date (eg
Feb-26-2009).

Thanking you

Afd

0
afdmello (75)
2/12/2009 3:35:01 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Feb 11, 7:35=A0pm, "afdmello" <afdme...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> In one column cell A1 I have date (eg Feb -1-2009) in another(B1)
> I have 25( which represents number of days).How do get the date
> in the third column cell (C1) which will be equal to A1+B1. The
> answer should be in date (eg Feb-26-2009).

=3DA1+B1

Format as Date, if necessary.
0
joeu2004 (766)
2/12/2009 3:48:36 AM
"afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In one column cell A1 I have date (eg Feb -1-2009) in another(B1) I have
> 25( which represents number of days).How do get the date in the third
> column cell (C1) which will be equal to A1+B1. The answer should be in
> date (eg Feb-26-2009).
>
> Thanking you
>
> Afd

I just entered your example above in Excel 2003 and got the correct result
by entering "=A1 + B1".

Hope this helps!

--
Steve Spence
Independent AMSOIL Dealer

0
amsoil1 (16)
2/12/2009 3:50:27 AM
Jou

I am not getting the same result as you. I am getting #VALUE!
in the cell even though i format it as date

afd
"joeu2004" <joeu2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
On Feb 11, 7:35 pm, "afdmello" <afdme...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> In one column cell A1 I have date (eg Feb -1-2009) in another(B1)
> I have 25( which represents number of days).How do get the date
> in the third column cell (C1) which will be equal to A1+B1. The
> answer should be in date (eg Feb-26-2009).

=A1+B1

Format as Date, if necessary.

0
afdmello (75)
2/12/2009 5:11:59 PM
On Feb 12, 9:11 am, "afdmello" <afdme...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am not getting the same result as you. I am getting
> #VALUE! in the cell even though i format it as date

My guess is that you entered the dates exactly as you describe in your
original posting, so they are text, not "serial numbers".

Ideally, you should change the form in which you enter the date; enter
it as 2/1/2009, for example.  Then you can use a Custom format to make
the cell appear the way you want (well, almost).

Caveat:  With the Custom format MMM-DD-YYYY, you will see
Feb-02-2009.  If the leading zero in the day is not acceptable, post
back for assistance.  There may be a Custom format that I'm not aware
of.

Alternatively, you have to do a lot more work to do the computation.
For example:

=3DB1 +
  date(mid(A1,8,4),
           int((find(mid
(A1,1,3),"JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec")-1)/3)+1,
           mid(A1,5,2))

Format as Custom MMM-DD-YYYY, with the caveat again that days less
than 10 will have a leading zero.

----- original posting -----

On Feb 12, 9:11=A0am, "afdmello" <afdme...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Jou
>
> I am not getting the same result as you. I am getting #VALUE!
> in the cell even though i format it as date
>
> afd"joeu2004" <joeu2...@hotmail.com>
> On Feb 11, 7:35 pm, "afdmello" <afdme...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In one column cell A1 I have date (eg Feb -1-2009) in another(B1)
> > I have 25( which represents number of days).How do get the date
> > in the third column cell (C1) which will be equal to A1+B1. The
> > answer should be in date (eg Feb-26-2009).
>
> =3DA1+B1
>
> Format as Date, if necessary.

0
joeu2004 (766)
2/12/2009 7:53:02 PM
On Feb 12, 11:53=A0am, joeu2004 <joeu2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> int((find(mid(A1,1,3),"JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec")-1)/3)+1,

Geesh!  The following is much more straight-forward:

match(mid(A1,1,3),
=20
{"Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec"})
0
joeu2004 (766)
2/12/2009 8:53:52 PM
On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:53:02 -0800 (PST), joeu2004 <joeu2004@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Feb 12, 9:11 am, "afdmello" <afdme...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I am not getting the same result as you. I am getting
>> #VALUE! in the cell even though i format it as date
>
>My guess is that you entered the dates exactly as you describe in your
>original posting, so they are text, not "serial numbers".
>
>Ideally, you should change the form in which you enter the date; enter
>it as 2/1/2009, for example.  Then you can use a Custom format to make
>the cell appear the way you want (well, almost).
>
>Caveat:  With the Custom format MMM-DD-YYYY, you will see
>Feb-02-2009.  If the leading zero in the day is not acceptable, post
>back for assistance.  There may be a Custom format that I'm not aware
>of.

mmm-d-yyyy

>Alternatively, you have to do a lot more work to do the computation.
>For example:
>
>=B1 +
>  date(mid(A1,8,4),
>           int((find(mid
>(A1,1,3),"JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec")-1)/3)+1,
>           mid(A1,5,2))
>
>Format as Custom MMM-DD-YYYY, with the caveat again that days less
>than 10 will have a leading zero.

or

=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",", ",2),"-","")+B1

But it really depends on how he entered the data.
--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
2/12/2009 9:09:46 PM
On Feb 12, 10:11=A0am, "afdmello" <afdme...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Jou
>
> I am not getting the same result as you. I am getting #VALUE!
> in the cell even though i format it as date
>
> afd"joeu2004" <joeu2...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Feb 11, 7:35 pm, "afdmello" <afdme...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In one column cell A1 I have date (eg Feb -1-2009) in another(B1)
> > I have 25( which represents number of days).How do get the date
> > in the third column cell (C1) which will be equal to A1+B1. The
> > answer should be in date (eg Feb-26-2009).
>
> =3DA1+B1
>
> Format as Date, if necessary.

Obviously, your cells are not dates, but text
0
davesexcel (61)
2/13/2009 2:11:31 AM
On Feb 12, 1:09=A0pm, Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenf...@nospam.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:53:02 -0800 (PST), joeu2004 <joeu2...@hotmail.com>=
 wrote:
> >Caveat: =A0With the Custom format MMM-DD-YYYY, you will see
> >Feb-02-2009. =A0If the leading zero in the day is not
> > acceptable, post back for assistance. =A0There may be a
> > Custom format that I'm not aware of.
>
> mmm-d-yyyy

I am aware of that.

I was referring to the fact, I thought, that the OP had wanted the
form "Feb- 2-2009" for single-digit dates -- a blank before the
digit.  That makes some sense to me, if the OP wants everything to
line up.

But looking back, I see that the OP wrote "Feb -1-2009".  My guess
is:  that's either a typo or a posting anomaly.

> or
> =3DSUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",", ",2),"-","")+B1

Which I believe needs to be formatted as Date -- and as a Custom date
format if the OP wants the format to look like he specified (sort
of).  Alternatively:

=3DSUBSTITUTE(TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",", ",2),"-","")
 +B1,"mmm-dd-yyyy"),"-0"," -")

Now there's a mouthful.  So much better to steer the OP toward a
custom format, IMHO.
0
joeu2004 (766)
2/13/2009 3:27:25 AM
On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 19:27:25 -0800 (PST), joeu2004 <joeu2004@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Feb 12, 1:09�pm, Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenf...@nospam.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:53:02 -0800 (PST), joeu2004 <joeu2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >Caveat: �With the Custom format MMM-DD-YYYY, you will see
>> >Feb-02-2009. �If the leading zero in the day is not
>> > acceptable, post back for assistance. �There may be a
>> > Custom format that I'm not aware of.
>>
>> mmm-d-yyyy
>
>I am aware of that.
>
>I was referring to the fact, I thought, that the OP had wanted the
>form "Feb- 2-2009" for single-digit dates -- a blank before the
>digit.  That makes some sense to me, if the OP wants everything to
>line up.

Ah - that was not clear to me.  And no, I don't know of a single format that
would allow the dates to "line-up" and also allow just a single digit for the
day.  However, it could be done by using event code to set two different
formats depending on whether day >=10.

>But looking back, I see that the OP wrote "Feb -1-2009".  My guess
>is:  that's either a typo or a posting anomaly.

>> or
>> =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",", ",2),"-","")+B1
>
>Which I believe needs to be formatted as Date -- and as a Custom date
>format if the OP wants the format to look like he specified (sort
>of).

I thought that would have been understood.

> Alternatively:
>
>=SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",", ",2),"-","")
> +B1,"mmm-dd-yyyy"),"-0"," -")
>
>Now there's a mouthful.  So much better to steer the OP toward a
>custom format, IMHO.

Agree.

Entering the dates as dates would be even more preferable.
--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

filter by date and action

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Formula displays does not calculate
Hello: I just typed a formula in a cell and it displays =A4+J13 (the same formula calculates fine in a different cell), instead of claculating the value. Both A4 and J13 contain numeric data. I try Ctrl+~ to toggle and chk if full formula mode was ON? but that did not help either. I also tried looking for feedback through the formula evaluation utility in Excel, no help there either, it says cell being evaluated contains a constant? Your help is appreciated Hi Neil, Perhaps the cell is formatted as text? --- Regards, Norman "Neil Bhandar" <Neil Bhandar@discussions.mic...

Post Dated Checks

Calculate Column
Word 2007 I have a very simple chart in Word and I would like to make the last cell calculate the total of the above cells, as you can in Excel. To make the calculation Just insert the sum formula in the last cell of your chart. You should be able to access the "sum" button on the toolbar if you are working in charts. If it is a table that you're working with just click on the last cell, select "Table" and then select "formula." "Canon" wrote: > Word 2007 > I have a very simple chart in Word and I would like to make the last c...

Calculated Fields 04-18-07
We're helping someone with a relatively basic requirement for CRM, but they've thrown two awkward ones into the mix. The first of which is a desire to use some custom fields on an entity which are then automatically totalled. e.g. when they do a quote each item on the quote (free entry) has a custom field for the cost to the organisation of providing the service. On the main quote screen/report they need these to be totalled, in the same way that the built-in sell-price fields are. Is this possible without reaching for Visual Studio? I've had a look through a pile of...

Define an array based on calculations
Hi, well, I just miserably failed in posting my first thread. Hope I will be luckier this time. I have a couple of matrices (170) in one excel sheet and would like to calculate the correlation coefficient of all pair combinations. That will give me about 14000 correlation calculations. I already specified the pair combinations, where each matrix got the label 1, 2, 3... 170 and arranged in two different columns (AB, AC) like this: 1 2 1 3 .. 65 102 .. 169 170 All matrices are in the area of A1 to T4076, where each matrix has 20x20 cells with 4 empty rows between eachother. Basically, I ne...

strange date format problem

How to sort by name then date?

if statement with dates #2

Counting Dates?

An expression for dates from and to

missing email #6
Hi, Hope somebody knows how to fix my problem. Exchange 2003 GFI Mail Essentials 10 Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Trend Micro server protect I have a user that cannot recieve emails from a certain external user. The same email is sent to me and comes through fine. any ideas? No attachments and none of the emails showed up in the spam filter. No rules are setup on the mailbox either. Are there any utilities that would help me troubleshoot this? thanks in advance. have you done any message tracing? I would do that first, to see if the message in question is actually being delivered to th...

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

How do you calculate interest expense on bonds?
Using Excel office on XP. Issued $1mill of 11% 20 year bonds, issued 4-1-04 and paying interest on a yearly bases on 3-31. Need to calculate interest expense for fiscal year ended 9-30-04 assuming a premium of $80,000 amoritized on a streight line bases. Hi, Try having a look at the =PRICE function in help. If this isn't exactly what you need then it should point you in the right direction. HTH, David Jessop "Sprout" wrote: > Using Excel office on XP. Issued $1mill of 11% 20 year bonds, issued 4-1-04 > and paying interest on a yearly bases on 3-31. Need to ...

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...

How is your intrect calculated on this loan
I am setting up my Mortgage loan on MS-Money 2003 and this question has come up with only three options. My interest in calculated on the 1st of every month not any of these options. Is there any way I can do this as all my figures keep calculating wrong using the options given. "Based on date payment is due" should work for you, unless the due date is different than the first of the month. -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "Charles" <cennor@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message ...

Conditional Formatting
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work. I would like to have conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays date and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red. Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba? Also it would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition is on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the cell is fine. Thanks Assume the dates start in E2, select all dates w...

Time and date problem
Hello I have spreadsheet cell (B1) that contains a date and time: 05/11/2003 13:45:50 I have another series of cells (A1 to A100) that contain an increment of 30 seconds: 30.00 I would like to add the seconds to the date and time putting the result in column C, I have tried to do: =B1+(A1/100000) but the answer is wrong by 4 seconds and then gets worse the further down the column I go. Can somebody show me how to add the seconds to the date please. Thanks Tom Tom, Right method, wrong divider! 86,400 secs in a day.. change your 100000 to 86400 and you're there. Nikos Y. (nyannaco ...

Calculate parts per hour on rotating line
There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor. Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute. I know it takes 93 minutes to make one revolution. How long will it take to get 500 parts off the line? The parts are spaced 1 foot apart. I need a formula that can calculate this. Can somebody help me? 7.5 parts per minute. =500/7.5 returns 66.66667 minutes Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:46:06 -0700, scootr <scootr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor. >Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute. >I know it takes 93 min...

Date subtraction -How to not show negative when 2nd date not entered
Hi, I have a section of a worksheet that just needs to show working days between two dates. For example, an order was entered on 9/2/07 and complete on 9/15/07 The formula =NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9) works perfectly except that until the "completed date" ise filled in, a negative number appears. Is there a way to have that remain blank until both dates have been entered? Thanks! Hi Edward, change your formula as =IF(A9="","",NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9)) -- Pranav Vaidya VBA Developer PN, MH-India If you think my answer is useful, please rate this post as an ANSWER...