Database #3

Folks

I have a small excel spreadsheet which I use for data entry at the end of
each day.
Rather than discard the previous day's data, I want to append this data to a
database.

  *  What is the quickest or easiest method to accomplish this goal ?

One possibility is to be able to press a button (connected to the
appropriate code) to manually transfer the data in the spreadsheet to the
database.

Thanks,
JoJo.

 ,

0
JoJo
8/10/2007 9:37:44 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The idea of a button will work and there are lots of people around here who
can help you. The code to do it however is not terribly easy and probably not
a great project for a beginner. If you are interested in proceeding the repy
back with a few more details. A couple of things we will need to know are
what type of database you are writting to and whether Referential Integrity
is enforced on the table.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"JoJo" wrote:

> Folks
>

> I have a small excel spreadsheet which I use for data entry at the end of
> each day.
> Rather than discard the previous day's data, I want to append this data to a
> database.
>
>   *  What is the quickest or easiest method to accomplish this goal ?
>
> One possibility is to be able to press a button (connected to the
> appropriate code) to manually transfer the data in the spreadsheet to the
> database.
>

> Thanks,
> JoJo.
>

>  ,

something like this

Sub copydaysdata()
slr = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row
dlr = Sheets("sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row + 1
Range("a2:x" & slr).Copy _
Sheets("sheet2").Range("a" & dlr)
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Jim Thomlinson" <James_Thomlinson@owfg-Re-Move-This-.com> wrote in message
> The idea of a button will work and there are lots of people around here
> who
> can help you. The code to do it however is not terribly easy and probably
> not
> a great project for a beginner. If you are interested in proceeding the
> repy
> back with a few more details. A couple of things we will need to know are
> what type of database you are writting to and whether Referential
> Integrity
> is enforced on the table.
> --
> HTH...
>
> Jim Thomlinson
>

> "JoJo" wrote:
>
>> Folks
>>

>> I have a small excel spreadsheet which I use for data entry at the end of
>> each day.
>> Rather than discard the previous day's data, I want to append this data
>> to a
>> database.
>>
>>   *  What is the quickest or easiest method to accomplish this goal ?
>>
>> One possibility is to be able to press a button (connected to the
>> appropriate code) to manually transfer the data in the spreadsheet to the
>> database.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> JoJo.
>>

>>  ,

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Nothing shows up in Database objects in Database Wizard
Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again. Though the db wizard, I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link the chart back to this original database so that when I change something in the database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to connect to. I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing showes up under the database objects. Am I or my computer missing something? Please help! Thank You. Have you defined a name for the region ...

Access Database Conversion to Excel Database
I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. Hi Greg One way Use Data>Import External Data in the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b0f301c3ec2b$2b12d830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format > to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. ...

Global Address Book #3
Good day all, We have recently migrated to Exchange Server 2003, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to remove former employees from the Global Address Book. I have deleted the account in Active Directory and purged the mailboxes within Exchange and the old employees are still visible. How do i clean the Global Addy Book? Thank you for any feedback in advance, CB What type of client? Outlook 2003? If so, is it running in cached mode (default)? Outlook 2003 in cached mode by default uses the Offline Address Book, which only gets re-generated once per day. You can forc...

Huge database
Good afternoon, i have to make a huge database wich have to get data from excel file.That is not a big problem problem is that i have to get information for about 1000 families with 1000 elements for every family and this database have to storage this information at leaset one year. This make a huge pack of elements. Can Microsoft Access get so huge pack of data ? If yes i would be glad to read some ideas. Thanks If you are talking about 1000 columns in a table, Access can't do it. 255 is the upper limit. 1,000 * 1,000 is potentially a million records. However if the data is pr...

linking 2 databases in 1
Hi, I am running 2 hqs for 2 different purposes, now the company decided to use 1 hq for both purpose. How can i link the 2 databases into 1 database???? I tired to link them from SQL server enterprise manager-all task- export data from database A to B but some tables can not be exported and show me tables failure, is it possible to link them or im just trying something impossible? Advice me on that plZzzzZZzz -- Aliko ...

Exchange 5.5 disaster recovery #3
Hi. I have two exchange 5.5 servers in my production environment en two in my disaster recovery site which is located in another town. What woul be the best way of making sure I have up to the minute information available in my DR site when my production site goes down. Apart from forwarding a copy of each received mail to a duplicate mailbox on the DR site I have not been able to find any other solution. Is there a way of replicating the information store? Thanks, Morne Not without 3rd party replication products. Exchange doesn't do replication. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP Me...

Importing Current Database into CRM Database
Hi, I would just like to know if it is possible to tranfer my current database into the Adventure Works Database(and if so how) or is it used just for a few records for testing purposes. You help will be highly appreciated... there is a redeployment tool on support.microsoft.com/downloads under microsoft crm. This may help you. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rock619" <rodger@intervigil.com> wrote in message news:5728edd40161d2cca1c0e079cfd86665@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi, > > I would just like to know if it is pos...

how to start a database
hi guys, i want to start a database on excel 2000, i never had to do this before, and i know this can be done. i just dont know where to start from ! what i want to do is, it is a racing club, i want a listing of all pilot and a sheet where we can enter the number of the car(all pilot info need will be transfer) for final result of the race.(right now they enter the car no, name , city at every race at every registration, if he is register to 3 race they do the process 3 time.) like in access went we create the database and after the query, that what i want to do in excel. any tip or link...

Database Queries with database views, that base on many database t
I created 2 database views. Each of them uses 256 database tables. From every database table only one column is used in the select list of the view. Every database table has one column which is used for the join. Each database table has 5 rows. The database tables have not any foreign keys and indexes. Both views works fine. When I use the database views in a query like this: SELECT v1.*, v2.* FROM v1, v2 WHERE v1.id=v2.id I should get 5 rows with 512 columns in the resultset. But I get the following error from the SQL-Server (after about 5 minutes): Msg 8621, Level 17, State 2...

Use query from another database
Hi In the code below is there a way that qryOrderHistory could be in a separate database. If so how would i refer to it in the code. Thanks Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qd As DAO.Querydef Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set qd = db.QueryDefs("qryOrderHistory") qd.Parameters("prmCustNo") = lngCustNo Set rs = qd.OpenRecordset() If Not rs.Eof Then .... code to populate an excel spreadsheet Change your 'Set db = CurrentDb' line to something like the following .. Set db = DbEngine.OpenDatabase("full path and name of target MDB here") -- ...

CRM 3.0 KB927751 Update Roll Up Install Problem
Hi, I'm running CRM 3.0 Small Business edition on Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 with SQL 2005. When I try to install the update roll up (KB927751) It unpack the files, but before the instalation starts, it comes up with an Installation Error saying: "Setup failed to update the database. The installation of this update has stopped." Does anybody have any clues as to what might be causing this? The rest of the CRM appears to work fine. Thanks in advance Tim Solved the problem in the end - It turns out that the DataMigration pack caused the issue. Uninstalling th...

Impact of changing database column width?
Hi, We are a software product company and are planning to begin using the Contract Administration module. To do so, we will be switching our inventory items from Track: None to Track: Serial Numbers and we will be storing our software license keys in the Serial Number field which is column SERLTNUM in table SOP10201. Unfortunately, SERLTNUM is CHAR(21) and our license keys are a few characters wider than 21. We can get the keys down to 21 characters by removing three embedded hyphens, but there are several databases outside of GP where the license keys must still exist with...

Multiple companies / 1 report dictionary / 3 different check stubs
We currently use a modified "Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings" and Employee Checks Stub on Top and Bottom - L" reports to print paychecks/direct deposit statements. We need 3 versions of this modified report because we have three different companies and the checks require 3 different signatures. Other than the different signatures, the report layouts are identical. We use one reports dictionary for all three companies. How best to achieve this? Best regards, Caroline This is what I would try. You have one format for a check and you can export it out from tool...

Auto report from DBs in 3 different sites
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this question, so pls bear with me. I want to find out if its possible to AUTOMATE updates to a DB report from data we receive from outside sites. I created 3 DBs used in 3 different sites, they all have the same forms, the only difference is the study ID#s. These sites send me the DB with weekly updates, I would like to automate these updates for our reports instead of importing manually, is this possible? Pls let me know THANKS! It isn't clear what you want to do with the 3 different databases or the rep...

Contacts list #3
I use Outlook for an Air Force group emails. I frequently get intercepts because the email address is no longer valid. I would like to be able to arrange my contact list by emails so I can find who belongs to the invalid email address. In Outlook Express I can open my address book and click on the email column and they all rearrange by email address. I don't see how to do the same in Outlook. Anyone know how? "Panic" <smartwit@home.com> wrote in message news:%23pUjyw4CJHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I use Outlook for an Air Force group emails. I frequ...

Print preview #3
Hi, I have a sheet which has many columns. When I use PRINT PREVIEW, I didn't see the columns lines. However, when I print it out, it looks ok. Please tell me what happened to the sheet and how I can fix it. Thank you Loi ...

Cell Validation #3
I'm working on a sheet that needs some validation. For example, in cell C4 they are supposed to enter their initials, but some enter their full name. I need to make sure that they enter (for example) ABC instead of Alex Billy Charlie. Then, they are supposed to enter the week ending date in cell K4. I'm wanting to add a calendar there, so they can select the date. However, I only want my calendar to show week ending Saturdays, or make it so when they select any day in that week, it selects that weeks Saturday. Then, when they enter the date, it will automatically fill in information...

Set Database in Excel
In Microsoft article 183446 under method 2, it refers to using "Set Database" on the Data menu. I am using Excel 2002 (the article says it applies to Excel 2002), but Set Database does not appear in my Data menu. Is this an error? It's an error due, I think, to very old menu structures. The article says that the information applies to everything from version 5.0 (1995) through 2003, inclusive. But I believe that the Set Database menu item disappeared from the Data menu as of Excel 97. And one has long defined a name using the Insert menu, not the Formula menu. But my rapidl...

#REF #3
Hi, I'm doing a projection spreadsheet. The new months in diff sheets will be added as and when the actual month passes, ie, up to now i have sheets up to Aug. But in the MAIN sheet, I'm supposed to have months for the whole year up to Dec. Since Sep to Dec don't have equivalent sheets yet, the cells show #Ref since my formula is =Oct!A1. I want to tell the cell to get the amount from "Oct" sheet if there's such a sheet and if not, get the amount from "Sep" sheet. I tried this "=if(Oct!A1="#REF", Sep!A1,Oct!A1)" but it doesn'...

Client access problem after databases restoration
Hello! Recently we had a problem with an Exchange 2003 Back-End server with 6 mailbox store distributed thru 4 SG, and we lost the databases because the SAN's disks partitions were deleted by mistake. So, we had to do a restore from a backup, but when we could not mount the stores, so we used eseutil /p command, and after, eseutil /d, and then isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests. We could mount the stores, users can use email. The problem now is that we have some users that could not access their mailbox thru Outlook, and when we try to move to another store, we receive an ...

CPropertySheet #3
How can the property page access a variable from the parent Property Sheet? Try using the GetParent() function. Something like void CYourPage22::OnSomeMethod() { CYourSheet *sheet = (CYourSheet*)GetParent(); } -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OYnFqlSiDHA.4024@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How can the property page access a variable from the parent Property Sheet? > > ...

upgraded from MSSQL 2000 to MSSQL 2005 now database's users have
Hello. I updated the MSSQL 2000 server to MSSQL 2005 server now the database's users have no login names. I found a way to list orphaned users sp_change_users_login 'Report' but it only listed dbo and there are actually five listed with MSSQL Server Management Studio Express. I tried this sp_change_users_login 'update_one', 'RPS', 'RPS' but I get the following error the user name 'RPS' is absent or invalid. Any ideas? Try with Auto_Fix instead; see the example at the end of the following article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/...

EXCEL SPREADSHEETS #3
TRYING TO SET UP SPREETSHEET TO MONITOR CASHIERS OVER SHORT Let us know what you have tried and what parts you are stuck on and we can then give you some specific help. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "LADY" <LADY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6...

database or other software?
I need help with the following situation: I want to create files or a database that will contain information about my clients, with their business information (i.e address, phone, fax, type of business, in which states they do business) to send an invitation to bid on a construction project. I want , where a database would fill out the information automatically on the bid invitation, then fax, or email the invitation to each selected clients according to their specialty. Then I will need to keep track of who answers my invitations in order to "weed out" clients who do...

Arrow keys #3
I am using Excel 97 and for some reason my arrow keys now control the scroll bars instead of moving the cell selection point. Is this a setup option somewhere? Thanks Fred Fred, Check your scroll lock key to see if it is engaged. If so, this will cause the arrow keys to scroll instead of moving from cell to cell. HTH, Paul "Fred" <leavemealone@home> wrote in message news:OluucXHuDHA.640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I am using Excel 97 and for some reason my arrow keys now control the scroll > bars instead of moving the cell selection point. > Is this a setup optio...